Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted CFB to work out. Still want it to work out but it just doesn't seem realistic when you sit down and do the math.

There's no way to bubble all the student athletes and staff required to run a season. A lot of schools just aren't equipped to do it no are the conferences or league prepared.

The facts aren't pretty.

The strongest case for the season is "we were able to create a bubble during training camp when no one is coming or going anywhere anyway at a facility that can afford it." Maybe they can get something going in the winter/spring.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The power 5 schools could do it, I just think they don't want to put that kind of effort into it. Smaller schools, yeah I buy it makes zero sense to do it.

I'm still trying to figure out how its unsafe for these schools to play football, but allowing 10's of thousands of students onto campus is doable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    The power 5 schools could do it, I just think they don't want to put that kind of effort into it. Smaller schools, yeah I buy it makes zero sense to do it.

I'm still trying to figure out how its unsafe for these schools to play football, but allowing 10's of thousands of students onto campus is doable.
    Move-ins are looking so hot and schools haven't even started yet. Also a lot of schools imply that physical classes might go online at any moment...meaning plan on a lot of physical classes being canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Because then they would have to end the "student athlete" charade and players would have the final ammo they need to try and unionize and get paid. They can't give them special treatment over regular students at this level or the amateur veil is completely gone.

They are returning assuming they wouldn't be morons and would properly social distance, but we all know most college age kids are in fact morons and won't. Expect campuses to go back to online only and kick them off in the coming weeks, UNC has already done as much.

You actually could hold in person classes if college kids weren't morons and properly social distance, you can't play football and properly social distance.

10+ Year Old Account
    whelp LSU might have a Baylor type situation on its hands. Apparantly the LSU AD, and possibly Les Miles and Coach O, knew Guice had 2 rape accusations against him and did virtually nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    30-42, 416 yards, 6 touchdowns. Not used to that from a Florida QB. 170 of those yards going from Kyle to Kyle, surprisingly a tight end.

Oh thank the lord the misery is over. Razorbacks finally win their first SEC game since 2017. Gameplan was solid, but our lack of depth is definitely a problem.

Clemson alumni here but after that game, I think we should drop to 2 and Bama move up to 1... Florida may be tied for 2 actually.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    UGH. UCF lost. We can't afford any L's as a little conference school. Season feels like it's over when it happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big 12 is the NFCEast of college. Such utter trash lol

RRed River Shootout is gonne be the Red River Shitout, calling it now.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    Clemson alumni here but after that game, I think we should drop to 2 and Bama move up to 1... Florida may be tied for 2 actually.
    It doesnt honestly matter where Florida or Clemson are ranked.. Neither will beat UGA.

Feel like Arkansas got screwed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nick Saban has covid. As someone who advocated for safety and mask-wearing early on, it sucks to see him get it. And at that age, it could be a risk.

In more covid news, something like 19 Florida players has covid, and the LSU/Florida game is being postponed to December 12th. Sad part is this happened right after Dan Mullen said he wanted 90,000 fans in the crowd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now Dan Mullen has Covid, because of course he did.

Refs giving this one to Bama!!!

So why doesn't the NFL test players 5 times just so they can get a negative result like Saban?

Wasn't for a botched call in the Auburn game Arkansas would be 3-1. Amazing what half decent coaching will do.

6 interceptions is nuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    It doesnt honestly matter where Florida or Clemson are ranked.. Neither will beat UGA.
    That is a strange claim, Clemson seems perfectly capable of beating anyone in any given year. It doesn't mean they necessarily will, UGA certainly could win as well, but it is a little odd to pretend that Clemson doesn't have a chance. Florida is in the same position, easily in the tier where it could knock off any of the top teams on their better days.

Clemson and 'Bama are definitely #1 and #2. Which order they are in doesn't really matter, both are almost certain to go to the playoffs and settle it there. Georgia doesn't go to the playoffs unless they beat Bama in the rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Yeah ummm, nah. Bama just hung 41 on Georgia. Clemson would put up 50+. And no offense run by Stetson Bennet is keeping pace.

Florida on a good day could absolutely hang with and maybe beat UGA too.

Like someone else said, Clemson and Bama are 1 and 2. And there is probably a sizable gap between them and the rest of the country(barring Ohio St who we have yet to see). Unless Notre Dame somehow gets its shit together and somehow beats Clemson in a few weeks, Clemson is moonwalking straight to the playoffs.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    One week till Pac-12 football.

Hell, it's about damn time.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it's currently BC 28 Clemson 26.

- - - Updated - - -

Clemson escapes.
    28-13 at half, 34-28 at final.

My alma mater almost pulls it off against Clemson.

TBH, though, I never thought 28 would be enough.