Thread: The Boys

Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravec View Post
    The fuck? How deep in the kool aid are you in?

Illegals don’t pay taxes, and they take jobs from actual Americans. They steal identities and murder people.

How fucking empty do you have to be to defend aliens?

Those illegals also mooch off taxpayer money, steal jobs from actual citizens , don’t pay taxes, don’t have a license, murder, rape, and bring drugs.

Statistics show you’re making bullshit up and pretending illegals aren’t parasites. How come our economy was in such shambles under Obummer when we had way more illegals than now? How come under Trump we have the strongest economy in US history and are deporting illegals in record numbers? Fuck off.

There are literally hundreds of videos of BLM and Antifa rioting in Portland, Seattle, NYC, Minneapolis, Chicago, etc. You are a fucking retard.
    LOL This is hilarious.

You went from ( I quote) "Saying we should enforce our borders and deport illegals isn’t propaganda." (that is correct: every nation has the right to enforce borders) to this verbal diarrhea in a blink.
    In the end y'all end up showing your true faces but in this situation is specially funny because you started arguing about how this show tries to put together xenophoby and republican positions and how awful is that....to end up going full xenophobic in a hearbeat.

For you.

Twice a Day.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    anyway getting this topic back on track cause it is falling wildly off the rails (you want politics, fuck off to the politics section) I just had a thought about Stormfront's daughter. So we all know that Stormfront got married to Vought in Nazi Germany, had a kid with him but that kid didn't turn out to be a super? yet Homelander's kid did turn out that way? I am of course making the assumption she got her powers before she had the kid, if she got them afterward then obviously that answers that - but you also gotta wonder why she didn't inject her kid with compound V

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Illegals don’t pay taxes, and they take jobs from actual Americans. They steal identities and murder people.

Those illegals also mooch off taxpayer money, steal jobs from actual citizens, don’t pay taxes, don’t have a license, murder, rape, and bring drugs.

Statistics show you’re making bullshit up and pretending illegals aren’t parasites. How come our economy was in such shambles under Obummer when we had way more illegals than now? How come under Trump we have the strongest economy in US history and are deporting illegals in record numbers? Fuck off.

There are literally hundreds of videos of BLM and Antifa rioting in Portland, Seattle, NYC, Minneapolis, Chicago, etc. You are a fucking retard.
    And this is what believing propaganda looks this, good job your proved that the boys is reflecting real life.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    anyway getting this topic back on track cause it is falling wildly off the rails (you want politics, fuck off to the politics section) I just had a thought about Stormfront's daughter. So we all know that Stormfront got married to Vought in Nazi Germany, had a kid with him but that kid didn't turn out to be a super? yet Homelander's kid did turn out that way? I am of course making the assumption she got her powers before she had the kid, if she got them afterward then obviously that answers that - but you also gotta wonder why she didn't inject her kid with compound V
    I wouldn't assume that her daughter was unpowered. Her powers could've been totally different and/or weak. One thing's for sure is she didn't have the slow aging power that Stormfront has. Vought may have done some testing on her and found nothing useful.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    It could be that home lander got it before puberty so the compound v is more mixed into his genes and easier to pass on that or he had different dosage which is why he’s so much above every other sup.

As far as her kid goes it’s likely to do with it still being in development and likely not ready to go into a child as well as having a high reject rate for adults.

I kind of wish Homelanders fantasy of lazering the crowd had been real, that would have been much harder to meme his way though, but would have made for a much more interesting dynamic.

5+ Year Old Account
    Why does Dr. Vogelbaum comply when Butcher threatens to kill his family? The dude has infinite money. He could have Butcher arrested the moment he walked out of there; he's a wanted criminal throughout the US. If he's still worried at that point he could ferry his folks to some safe haven on a different continent if he wanted.
    Kupo.

Quote Originally Posted by SNES-1990 View Post
    Why does Dr. Vogelbaum comply when Butcher threatens to kill his family? The dude has infinite money. He could have Butcher arrested the moment he walked out of there; he's a wanted criminal throughout the US. If he's still worried at that point he could ferry his folks to some safe haven on a different continent if he wanted.
    In season 1 he said homelander was his greatest failure. Combine that with the fact homelander also recently made him a cripple I can see why he would want to help

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    In season 1 he said homelander was his greatest failure. Combine that with the fact homelander also recently made him a cripple I can see why he would want to help
    Except he didn't want to help.

His reaction to Butcher was really weird. He had this "how could you do such a thing, you're a monster!" look on his face. Which seemed really weird for such a character.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    As for this latest episode, specifically the last scene:

1) My first thought was obviously Cindy. I don't think it's clearly established she needs line of sight, and she might be used as a weapon by people at the lab, as one of the subjects was executed for not following Stormfront's orders in terms of using his powers to harm someone, iirc.

2) The victims at the hearings are pretty random. The head of the committee, but not the face of the anti-supe Congresspeople. The Speedster supe who is new to the team, but not Homelander/Stormfront/Maeve. Random people in the audience. It seems something random MIGHT point to Cindy.

3) But then you have to ask: what does disrupting the committee do for people's agendas? It does seem to align with the Church's priorities except in a few areas: a) why not kill Neuman, the Congresswoman most vocally opposed to the supe agenda, or Mallory, who Vought supposedly would know about, b) why not kill other supes to get the Seven more under the Church's control? and 3) why not just explode the Archer's head if he's speaking out against the Church and they can explode heads remotely?

4) Other things: I'm surprised Homelander doesn't just come back and kill Rachel. She's obviously gonna run to Billy now.

5) As usual, this show is so on-the-nose about its real life parallels, it's almost discombobulating. Admittedly, I'm very involved in politics, but it is jarring. Unlike the above poster, I've had this sense of disorientation since episode 1 when you find out Homelander is a piece of shit masking himself in patriotism, and The Deep sexually assaults Starlight.

No it's not Cindy. The only possible person who could have done this was the leader of the Church.

Those illegals also mooch off taxpayer money, steal jobs from actual citizens, don’t pay taxes, don’t have a license, murder, rape, and bring drugs.

I have a hard time not thinking your an obvious troll when LITERALY everythign you said is factualy wrong,the economy under obama was booming,under trump is literaly colapsing,the stock market doing a tiny bit better isnt helping ACTUAL PEOPLE

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    i have a hard time not thinking your an obvious troll when literaly everythign you said is factualy wrong,the economy under obama was booming,under trump is literaly colapsing,the stock market doing a tiny bit better isnt helping actual people
    fuck off and go to politics section

please dont be inspired by this show and go and shoot anyone.

ontopic : this show has its moments but spends alot of time being massively boring. couple of big filler episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Except he didn't want to help.

His reaction to Butcher was really weird. He had this "how could you do such a thing, you're a monster!" look on his face. Which seemed really weird for such a character.
    Why did he turn up to the hearing if he didn't want to help

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So..after this went shit off the rails (and I am a bit amazed that there is no mod warning to keep politics out of this) - I will ask that one thing again that confused me (other that there was so little superheroes doing superhero stuff beyond BlackNoir in Eps 1):

Maybe I missed something in season 1...or even in Eps 1 of season 2, can't seem to find an answer, but how did Hughie know about Gecko and even get his Vought file?

Cheers if anyone remembers...off to the rest of the season
    Its not mentioned how hughie got his file. Presumably he hacked it while underground.

Gecko had a connection to starlight through bible camp playing jesus and she played Mary. So starlight knew him but not hughie

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So..after this went shit off the rails (and I am a bit amazed that there is no mod warning to keep politics out of this) - I will ask that one thing again that confused me (other that there was so little superheroes doing superhero stuff beyond BlackNoir in Eps 1):
    The show and it’s source comic are inherently political. It can’t be helped sometimes. The comic came out in 2006. It’s 9/11 was almost stopped (Potus shot down 3 of the planes). The 4th was to be stopped but the Vought and the 7 interfered with the Air Force. The plane ends up crashing into the Brooklyn Bridge instead.

The US ends up invading Pakistan but bribes the Pakistani government to look the other why while they attack the Taliban and search for Bin Laden.

It’s always been a satire on the Military Industrial Complex.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Why did he turn up to the hearing if he didn't want to help
    Because he said he didn't want to help until Butcher dropped in to have tea and tell him he would gut everyone he cared about including his daughter and her children

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Because he said he didn't want to help until Butcher dropped in to have tea and tell him he would gut everyone he cared about including his daughter and her children
    You're more scared of a drunken kiwi with a funny accent than homelander? Who has already crippled you.

And butcher has shown in the past he doesnt hurt kids (he moved stillwells baby away from the blast radius, which btw homelander brought into the blast radius.). Information he could have found out with his connections in vought easy enough.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    You're more scared of a drunken kiwi with a funny accent than homelander? Who has already crippled you.

And butcher has shown in the past he doesnt hurt kids (he moved stillwells baby away from the blast radius, which btw homelander brought into the blast radius.). Information he could have found out with his connections in vought easy enough.
    Homelander is more likely to kill just him. Billy would kill his whole family; the fact that he didn't let a child die as collateral damage doesn't preclude that possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Homelander is more likely to kill just him. Billy would kill his whole family; the fact that he didn't let a child die as collateral damage doesn't preclude that possibility.
    I dunno...Homelander let a plane go down full of kids without even trying or shedding a tear for the "mud people"

Even if he believes Butcher is the most dangerous human on the planet. And could easily do what he threatens. All it takes is one bullet to the head and hes dead like any human. I'd still be more concerned about the super human being that can hear your heart beating who also has serious psychological problems and goes big when punishing those close to him who betray him and isnt even effected by a nuke and has no known weaknesses.
    Last edited by Volatilis; 2020-10-06 at 12:00 AM.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.