Poll: What will you do if Shadowlands sucks?

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertColvert View Post
    - complain about the changes
    - complain about the storytelling
    - complain about the classes
    - this list goes as far as goes your creativity (ex : is the new login screen really that good ? mh not so sure, maybe we should complain about it)!
    he dosent need to keep need to keep playing to do anything on that list

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't care if expac will have bad or good opinion. For sure launch will be blast, as always. For rest, if I won't have fun or stuff to do, I'll just take break or focus on doing old content. Only boring people get bored.

From everything I am seeing so far, doesn't look like I will even bother with SL. Maybe if I get really bored.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Probably play for a month, reach cap, then unsub. Come back a year later or after a major patch, play for a month, then come back prior to xpack9.

Honestly, SL doesn't look great from where i'm standing..

Quote Originally Posted by Lambskin View Post
    Probably kill myself tbh. I have nothing going for me except wow and none of my friends even play any more so I got nothing and nobody except the virtual world, where I can't make friends and have been playing for 15 years and am not even good at it lol why wait for shadowlands
    Dude

It doesn't so far, so the question implodes.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

In 2015, the full year of WoD, I subbed only 3 months out of 12. When I don't like the content I simply play less time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chir0n View Post
    People will complain on every forum known to mankind and continue to play. And when the next expansion launches shadowlands will be the greatest expansion ever.
    It's funny because its true

Try the game and see if it's worth sticking around for alts and such. Chances are the answer to that will be a resounding no, so I'll stick to a character - hit max level, wait for next major patch and sub if it interests me and otherwise wait until the next major patch (Or expansion) to play again. Same as always - WoW is fun for a little while but it hasn't gripped me like it used to.

Quote Originally Posted by stresskiller View Post
    it's a free to play game so no need to be negative, that means that i was able to buy the last 2 expansions with gold and even pay playtime with gold all those years making at a free to play game for me, so good or bad i just keep grinding gold for the next expansion
    In no way is it free to play.

I stayed through WoD so my threshold for "sucks" is pretty tempered. If it's really bad, I can unsub. I do not have that MUST PLAY WOW a lot of you have. I have a backlog of games that need played and played through again with mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    as of writing this, 40.34% of people who voted are the keeping the problems with this game alive...

- - - Updated - - -

why not just ask for a refund now if chances are you are most likely gonna unsub.... because you know for a fact the grind is coming. why wait for the inevitable
    Cause i'll probably get my pennys worth out of the game from leveling atleast 2 characters and spend some time at max lvl. I'll probably also resub now and then throughout the xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    In 2015, the full year of WoD, I subbed only 3 months out of 12. When I don't like the content I simply play less time.
    WoD was the last of the expansions that actually did things right. Legion, BFA and now Shadowlands try to do too much.

aslong as my friends keep playing, so will i. Bfa was bad, but we played all of it.

writing level is very poor, prepatch shit and intro maw sucks, i will wait 9.2 before buying an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    Citation needed

There is no endless grind
    I know, but I dont trust it until I actually play SL at max lvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Leonard View Post
    If? I guess now we know, yes, it sucks bad.
    I've been playing since vanilla, and this is so bad, idk yet. I hope it really hits Blizzard in their bank account.
    They should look up the word "expansion", because all they do is amputate.
    I wish we would get a clean expansion one time. Keep what we have earned, and EXPAND.
    They ALWAYS have to take away what works, and kick people in the head.
    Shadowlands so far is the worst I have seen, and I may quit.
    I've really had it with them doing this to us, and we're paying for it.
    The last expansions were bad. They would take away your hard earned and paid for flying, laugh at you, and say, "no you have to grind for weeks to earn back what you already had". So, we grind, and don't even get to play any of the new content for a long time. And now, all of that grinding for Pathfinder II is free to new players. F me!
    They destroy your classes, and professions. I had to drop fully leveled professions, like LW and tailoring, because EVERYTHING was changed to BoP, and couldn't be mailed to alts, and was not usable on my toons that I leveled the profs on, specifically to craft for my alts.
    I quit the warlock, a class I played since vanilla, because they did a forced class change, and robbed our best abilities to give to Demon Hunters. It was a complete class change, and the warlock just wasn't fun after that one.
    I tried Shadow Priest, Shaman, and Hunter for a while, and I like them all, but really was getting into my hunter, only for this expansion to delete my favorite pet, after I leveled 2 hunters, Horde and Alliance. Now, my flying pet is gone(grounded), and there's no replacement.
    I have Engineering on about 7 toons, and they took away my most used item, the loot-a-rang. Now, I only have it on one toon. All of the others are completely disabled, and won't work again, unless I spend weeks (or more) grinding mats, or $1 million gold that I don't have to level Cata engineering to 70 on them all.
    Again, they remove what you already had. This is not an expansion. This is amputation.
    This stuff isn't even all of it, just the most frustrating right now.
    SWTOR time? Idk yet. Maybe... I've done it before...
    It's supposed to be fun, and my friends that I play with are all pretty pissed.
    Each day, it seems to be less crowded, so I am really wondering how their numbers are doing, but more important, will they finally listen??
    When so many people are leaving, and all of the guilds are falling apart, I hope they do.
    Y’all take the changes in the game so personally. Flying goes away every expansion, for good enough reasons. And Blizzard’s not laughing at you, if you think that then I hope you check yourself in and get some psychological help that’s not normal.

Yes now all the people who either A) went the entirety of the expansion without flying or B) new players can now finally enjoy flying, while you’ve presumably have had the privilege for quite awhile.

As for your loot-a-rang dilemma, have you considered farming the mats yourself? That could save you tons of gold.

Not play it? Isn't it simple enough?

Even when WoW isn't that great, its still better than others in the genre. I'll get my monies worth and stop playing if I'm that uninterested. Ie I was unsubbedd for cata through wod launch, played a month, played after every patch and that's pretty much it. Same happened with legion until 7.1.5 I believe, when the game stopped sucking.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I know, but I dont trust it until I actually play SL at max lvl.
    Given the game's history, fair and wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    WoD was the last of the expansions that actually did things right. Legion, BFA and now Shadowlands try to do too much.
    WoD was the worst expansion. Mass hype towards “return to old” and then failed miserably on the delivery. 3 raids, when the first two were supposed to be a singular tier.. and Legion was absolutely fantastic, and BFA was decent. If shadowlands was similar to BFA I’d be happy.