Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Unhappy Why dont ppl accept benthic-black empire geared alts for legacy mount farms?

Title^^

I have 15 alts with benthic and black empire gear mixed, ranging between 64-70 ilevel
    Ive done dozens of runs, this ilevel is completly fine for Guldan and Argus runs
    Yet a lot of people rather wait in q for 10 more minutes than invite alts like this...
    Everybody profits here, i just dont see why they have to be jerks

Its the same reason most groups just took max level toons instead of low level ones to xmog and mount runs before the squish. Your dmg is so pitiful at that ilvl all you do is buff the hp of the bosses making them harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Its the same reason most groups just took max level toons instead of low level ones to xmog and mount runs before the squish. Your dmg is so pitiful at that ilvl all you do is buff the hp of the bosses making them harder.
    Harder? not if you're competent. you might take a minute more per boss.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Guldan literally takes ~30 seconds more with these alts, then with hc nyalotha. I did the math. There is nothing to fuck up except the running.
    Antorus i would understand, Aggramar can be fucked, but in that case everybody has to really suck.
    But this shit is more common with Guldan and that i dont understand.
    I bet its that common misconception that group size affects mount chance...

Edit: plus its mythic, it doesnt scale..
    Last edited by Hellal; 2020-11-04 at 06:26 PM.

I make my own groups for everything. You should try it too. It saves a lot of mental energy, and you can delegate things the way it feels appropriate, and it's good for you and your team.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellal View Post
    Title^^

I have 15 alts with benthic and black empire gear mixed, ranging between 64-70 ilevel
    Ive done dozens of runs, this ilevel is completly fine for Guldan and Argus runs
    Yet a lot of people rather wait in q for 10 more minutes than invite alts like this...
    Everybody profits here, i just dont see why they have to be jerks
    Very likely has to do with iLvL. 64-70 shows that you barely got any gear at this point since they are so close to Mythic Antorus levels. Artifacts can hit up to iLvL 70. Mythic Antorus gear scales at iLvL 53-54 but warforges up to 60+ pretty easily.

So it's likely seen as you being to close of iLvL to be of any useful help to the groups since your stats would indicate low on those ends. These farm groups are all about speed to higher iLvL wins. If it's really a big deal just wait until next week and get iLvL 100. Granted with WQ's right now you should be in the 90'ish range without much effort.

If you think that ilvl is fine, make your own group with like minded people and move on. Don’t try to get others on your side to try and make other people seem like the villain or feel bad for not inviting you. They aren’t and they won’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellal View Post
    I bet its that common misconception that group size affects mount chance...

Edit: plus its mythic, it doesnt scale..
    Except you are wrong. Group size does affect the mount drop chance. For instance when it was at 100%, each player added 5% chance it to would drop. So if you ran with a group of 18 it only had a 90% chance to drop instead of 100%. Now that it is at 1% the same still applies just at a lower number. So it would be 0.9% instead of 1%.

Also, you are assuming they are going with less than full. They are likely still going with 20, they just aren't taking undergeared people.

3+ Year Old Account
    The answer is same as it always has been: A lot of shitters play WoW and those players treat the game as a single player experience. If they don't see your presence as a benefit they won't give you the time of day, plain and simple. Same as real life!

The solution is also the same as it's always been: Try to run with friends and guildies or start your own group!

If it bothers you so much, just wait a month and solo it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    If it bothers you so much, just wait a month and solo it.
    this.

Who's care ? at 60 in shadowland , the legion raid will become grey and you will be able to solo easy thoses old raids

10+ Year Old Account
    Four words:

Path of least resistance.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

A group for guldan? Hahaha.. Just bring 4 to 5 people and you're set.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    well I can't speak for everyone (and don't it seems) but there's only one thing I look at if I'm inviting for legacy mount runs: is the person max level or not? I remember doing runs for WoD and Legion raids and I see people in the group who are level 100 or 110 and they always die first and are basically useless. if you're max level you should be able to quite easily solo everything except for mythic Gul'dan and mythic Garothi/Aggramar/Argus and all you really need for those bosses is a group of 5-8 players and you can do it easily.

Wait till you get to 60 and then you can easy solo all of this

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Wait till you get to 60 and then you can easy solo all of this
    except for mythic nya'lotha and battle for dazar'alor.

Its up to the group-leader to choose who he wants to join the group, you simply dont fit his criteria.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Except you are wrong. Group size does affect the mount drop chance. For instance when it was at 100%, each player added 5% chance it to would drop. So if you ran with a group of 18 it only had a 90% chance to drop instead of 100%. Now that it is at 1% the same still applies just at a lower number. So it would be 0.9% instead of 1%.

Also, you are assuming they are going with less than full. They are likely still going with 20, they just aren't taking undergeared people.
    This is wrong. With personal loot, everyone has independend loot chance on the mount (basically, each players roles internally and it's possible that more than one gets the mount, also no random player will trade the mount with you even if he gets it lol). Afaik with legacy loot, it's not possible to get more than one mount/group - also, people still won't trade their mounts to you anyways. And more people won't increase mount chance at all, that only works for Karazhan/Mechagon Hardmodes and Gul'dan/Argus/Jaina/Nzoth pre-nerf. Post-expansion nerf is a flat out 1% chance on personal loot 'till they roll out legacy loot - and than it's still a 1% chance.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2020-11-07 at 11:55 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    This is wrong. With personal loot, everyone has independend loot chance on the mount (basically, each players roles internally and it's possible that more than one gets the mount, also no random player will trade the mount with you even if he gets it lol). Afaik with legacy loot, it's not possible to get more than one mount/group - also, people still won't trade their mounts to you anyways. And more people won't increase mount chance at all, that only works for Karazhan/Mechagon Hardmodes and Gul'dan/Argus/Jaina/Nzoth pre-nerf. Post-expansion nerf is a flat out 1% chance on personal loot 'till they roll out legacy loot - and than it's still a 1% chance.
    You are delusional if you think that Argus has a 1% chance for the mount
    Last edited by ReVnX; 2020-11-07 at 12:15 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    You are delusional if you think that Argus has a 1% chance for the mount
    According to blueposts, it has a 1:100 or 1% chance. Rarity uses the same data. ^.^

#TEAMGIRAFFE