Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Where at? Each tracker is a bit different, not seeing that call on NYT or from the AP.
    foxnews...the irony...the tasty irony....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    We should gauge by percentage of registered voting population.
    I'd say VAP or VEP would be better.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Did AZ get uncalled or something? Right now Biden is sitting at 264 called states from what I can tell.
    AP Fox and Politico called it yesterday. Some places NYTimes CNN etc have yet to call it. nobody has uncalled it as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Agreed.
    TRV = total registered voters

2008: Obama 47.5% of TRV
    2012: Obama 43% of TRV
    2016: Trump 40% of TRV
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

7+ Year Old Account
    Did AZ get uncalled or something? Right now Biden is sitting at 264 called states from what I can tell.
    AZ is included in 264.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    HRC got 66m votes in 2016.

Trump is currently sitting on 68m and counting.

By the final tally he'll likely have accrued over 70m votes.

The country is nuts.
    If that's true, he'll have more votes than both Obama victories.

The turnout this year is mental.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I'd say VAP or VEP would be better.

How come? /10char
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    My god, I can't believe this is really looking to come down to 270/268. Like, JFC. I wasn't expecting a HUGE Biden win mind you, but not this 51%/49% bullshit.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Where at? Each tracker is a bit different, not seeing that call on NYT or from the AP.
    Most places but AP have called MI for Biden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did AZ get uncalled or something? .
    An earlier error caused them to say they had 98% in when it was 86% and since then everypne's jumpy.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the name of this man, i like him compared to the other people in the show, seems to have a lovely neutral opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    An earlier error caused them to say they had 98% in when it was 86% and since then everypne's jumpy.
    Ok I had been seeing people talk about AZ but wasn't sure why.

Most places but AP have called MI for Biden.
    I'm really wondering why AP is holding out on that one.

Are they seeing/hearing something others don't?

15+ Year Old Account
    I know it's not exactly over yet, but the Trump campaign is really projecting a total lack of confidence now, just trying to monkey with the results in laughably obvious ways.

No real legal ground to stand on other than a likely ineffectual recount in WI. I really didn't think their attempt to steal the election would be so inept.

The desperation just kind of gives it away.

From Fivethirtyeight

Arizona. We may need to do a longer post on Arizona later. What’s left to count is mostly mail votes that were returned late in the process — on Monday or Tuesday. There’s some ambiguity about how many ballots this actually is; Edison Research seems to think around 450,000. If so, Trump would need to win those votes by 21 points to overtake Biden’s current 93,000-vote lead. They’re disrupted fairly evenly throughout the state.

Wait — outstanding mail votes? Shouldn’t those be good for Biden, as in other states? Well, not necessarily, because Republicans have a fairly strong mail voting program in Arizona and — this is the key part — the mail ballots that were returned later in the process (the ones yet to be continued) were significantly redder than the ones that came in earlier on, as Democrats sent their votes in early. For instance, the party registration of the votes that came in Monday and Tuesday were: 23 percent Democratic, 44 percent Republican, and 33 percent independent or other parties. That is to say, a 21-point GOP edge, which would put Trump on track to tie things up.

But … here’s the bad news for Trump. Party registration may be a misleading indicator in Arizona. It has a lot of ancestral Republicans who have now turned into swing voters. Biden also had a big lead among independents in polls. And earlier batches of mail ballots were considerably stronger for Biden than party registration alone would suggest. So probably these ballots are going to come in more for Trump than for Biden, but not as strongly as he needs.

There’s also the fact that two other news organizations, the Associated Press and Fox News, have called the state for Biden. I’d assume they’ve put more work into looking into this than I have, so that shifts my priors a bit, but you never know and you will get incorrect calls occasionally. Overall, I’d say this is Likely Biden but I don’t think the state should have been called yet.
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blo...ults-coverage/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    My god, I can't believe this is really looking to come down to 270/268. Like, JFC. I wasn't expecting a HUGE Biden win mind you, but not this 51%/49% bullshit.
    There's a high likelihood PA goes Biden.

One of the State's Senator has his ear on the ground in the vote counts and he's saying it's going to be 50-100K for Biden by the end of the counting

Trump lost a 400K lead in half a day with about 1/3 of the ballots counted

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    lol yeah, Californians actually did pretty good, imo. Rejecting higher commercial property taxes, rejecting woke racism, rejecting bogus regulations(e.g. dialysis requirements), and being pro-gig economy.
    The gig economy is absolutely atrocious for workers rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I know it's not exactly over yet, but the Trump campaign is really projecting a total lack of confidence now, just trying to monkey with the results in laughably obvious ways.

No real legal ground to stand on other than a likely ineffectual recount in WI. I really didn't think their attempt to steal the election would be so inept.

That's how they've been for months.
    /s

What is he supposed to do. The attempt in PA is literally just "They need to stop counting legally cast votes because I don't want to lose"

He's just doing what he was supposed to do in 2016 lose and cause chaos while doing it.

10+ Year Old Account

What I find more striking is the shift in mood over the last 12 hours. Last night, Trump supporters were crowing and Dems were ready to tear each other apart/have nervous breakdowns and now we have switched spaces with Trump supporters now having the breakdowns. Granted, I'm still too wary of how desperate Trump is to cheat his way to a win to get confident but I feel better right now than I did 12 hours ago.

Granted, the Dems need to figure out what went wrong in some races where they were projected ahead and lost, though that's also an issue the polling industry needs to address, too.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers