Page 3 of 338 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This is unbelievable. Almost everyone here says Tinker, while we have something like Night Warrior running about without any semblance to playable representation and the Void barely has a spec to be represented with.

Vocal minorities like this is the reason why we got degenerate pandas in the first place. Currently the forefront are cosmic threats and we recently found out about "First Ones" and Elune's identity is being teased.

With all that being said, are you seriously hoping the next WoW class turns out to be a gadget-wielding comedy engineer class that caters to the midget races? Of course, given that new classes represent their respective expansions, do you actually believe the next expansion will be a filler where a unimaginative engineer class can be poster kid material?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    This is unbelievable. Almost everyone here says Tinker, while we have something like Night Warrior running about without any semblance to playable representation and the Void barely has a spec to be represented with.

Vocal minorities like this is the reason why we got degenerate pandas in the first place. Currently the forefront are cosmic threats and we recently found out about "First Ones" and Elune's identity is being teased.

With all that being said, are you seriously hoping the next WoW class turns out to be a gadget-wielding comedy engineer class that caters to the midget races? Of course, given that new classes represent their respective expansions, do you actually believe the next expansion will be a filler where a unimaginative engineer class can be poster kid material?

Imagine shitting on people's opinions for what classes they would LIKE to see... and justifying it with your own fucking opinion.

Get real.

I agree completely, you put it in a very good way. 10.0 will clearly feature these entities in some way (as Blizzard already said they like the concept of a Light and Void expansion):

Thus I have no idea why some people would think that a comic relief class for comic relief races usually involved in filler storylines would be one of the marketing points for an expansion about the cosmic deities...

There is no thematic connection, it's pure wishful thinking.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    Imagine shitting on people's opinions for what classes they would LIKE to see... and justifying it with your own fucking opinion.

Get real.
    It's funny how your argument only "works" when numbers are against the person you are referring to.

Tinker or Shadow hunter would be my picks. Shadow hunter would be fun, could be another mail spec that uses range weapons as both of those are quite underutilized in the game today. Could be based around channeling different voodoos as the right time, and have a healing spec.

Tinker would of course be amazing, have been wanting that one since day one.

Witch doctor pls

While I like the idea of both Tinker(hate the name though) or Spellbreaker classes, I do think WOW needs a void based class.

Something akin to the Corruption effects we just loss baked into a class.

You stack corruption like combo points, use those stacks for powerful abilities. The idea of huge risk, huge reward. Maybe each stack of corruption increases your damage done by X% but also increases your damage taken by an equal amount sort of thing.

Deals heavy into leeching health and debuffing the enemy and empowering yourself (slows enemy spellcasting and attacks by x% and increases your haste by x%)

I would 1000% play a tanking Mage class.

Make it mail armor (like everyone else mentioned is under represented) and I would be all about a type of battle mage. One handed mace and shield, mail armor, arcane raid bubbles.

oh lawd put it directly into my veins!!

With all that being said, are you seriously hoping the next WoW class turns out to be a gadget-wielding comedy engineer class that caters to the midget races?
    Would I rather take an extremely iconic and desired class over one Blizzard forcefully inserts to suit whatever nonsensical and barely functioning plot they decide to put into the next expansion?

Why yes, thank you for asking.

Tinker.. It has to be a tinker at this point. Tinkers do deserve joining the family above anyone else.

Tank - utilizes mechas
    Healer - utilizes beams and pots
    DPS - two dps specs, ranged/melee

Once Tinker gets the recognition they deserve, we can then talk about other non-existent concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Would I rather take an extremely iconic and desired class over one Blizzard forcefully inserts to suit whatever nonsensical and barely functioning plot they decide to put into the next expansion?

Why yes, thank you for asking.
    How is Tinker iconic? I have never heard of this until like the past year or 2 with engineering fanboys expressing desire for it. They could just buff engineering and 90% of what ppl want in the tinker class is for anyone who wants it. Whereas the nightwarrior or shadow hunter variants already exist in the game and could be molded into a class.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Whereas the nightwarrior or shadow hunter variants already exist in the game and could be molded into a class.
    How is Tinker any different? They've been in the game for a long time in different variants where the Night Warrior was just barely introduced.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

-Tinker who's specs could be "Protector(ranged tank), Repair (heals), and Artillery (ranged dps)" Have them wear mail too!
    -Necromancer who's specs could be "Blood (healing through dps), Bone (raise skeleton army like in diablo dps), and Anima (which would be a typical ranged dps)
    -Dragonsworn who gets many specs one for each dragon aspect, "Black (tank), Bronze (healing through time magic), Red (melee dps), Blue (ranged dps)"

Now what about bards?! I think they should give MANY classes 4th specs and add specs through out the games life cycle. I'd love to play a Rogue Bard!

If I had a penny for every response on any thread in these forums where someone tries to convince me a profession should be a class (engineer and tinkerer as an example) I'd be able to retire.

I'm all for change but we have engineering in the game, lets make that a useful profession instead of trying to reskin hunters to be jubk bot fighters eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

what would it be? unnecessary.

also either too strong or too weak.

If anything destroys wow it will be silly tinkers running around shooting lasers and rockets. It is known.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Tinker.. It has to be a tinker at this point. Tinkers do deserve joining the family above anyone else.

Tank - utilizes mechas
    Healer - utilizes beams and pots
    DPS - two dps specs, ranged/melee

Once Tinker gets the recognition they deserve, we can then talk about other non-existent concepts.
    Tinker's are no iconic and they don't deserve anything because you say so.

Dark Ranger.

We already have the playable Illidan class.
    We already have the playable Arthas class.
    But we still don't have the most popular character class from the last 3 xpacs: Sylvannas.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    How is Tinker iconic? I have never heard of this until like the past year or 2 with engineering fanboys expressing desire for it. They could just buff engineering and 90% of what ppl want in the tinker class is for anyone who wants it. Whereas the nightwarrior or shadow hunter variants already exist in the game and could be molded into a class.
    It was a playable Tavern Hero in WC3 and again in Heroes of the Storm. Tinkers have as much roots in Warcraft as the Pandaren Brewmaster, both being April Fools concepts that ended up becoming playable Heroes in both the WC3 Expansion and later in Heroes of the Storm.

As long as it’s not Tinker, I am fine with nearly whatever.

Preferably, though, we won’t get any new classes at all.