Thread: Zombie Griefing

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    there are no healers in non city quest hubs. and all if this could have been avoided if there was NO autoflagging.
    And all the healers do is cleanse your current infection. Nothing stops players from reinfecting you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Ok you really are being purposely obtuse now. the people rampaging on roleplaying servers aren't roleplayers. A good amount of them rolled fresh characters on roleplay servers in order to grief roleplayers. And sure it's the "intended game design" but that's what makes it SHITTY game design. Intentionally giving players the ability to grief other people will do nothing but piss off the players getting griefed. Also, saying it's a limited time event is a fallacy because I pay $15 a month for the game. Being forced to partake in content I really don't want anything to do with for 2 out of the 4 weeks I paid for is utter trash.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering the person I was responding to has been making incredibly ignorant comments about the roleplaying community, I can safely say I know more than they do.
    You dont pay for the game, you pay to access the servers thats it, players are forced to do content they dont enjoy all the time, why dont you roleplay on classic servers.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

i honestly expected to see this thread sooner

Its for a week, let it be. Anybody who did corrupted blood or the wrath prepatch knew how this would go, and that includes blizzard

Every single major city is flooded with griefers from other servers that want to make life hell for roleplayers. Even the freaking Exodar has people running around griefing. And saying that my money only gives me access to the servers is absolutely asinine. There's a reason people typically get banned for griefing. If you detract from other player's enjoyment of the game, you get banned. But apparently Blizzard is ok with griefing during this event.

And no. they are not "roleplaying and doing what zombies do." They are quite clearly griefing and even say as much in general and trade chat. The mentality you have about all this is part of why this game's community is so incredibly toxic now.
    think of this like the purge, once in a while blizz just says go wild.

I'm more irked by the Eastern Kingdoms instance slowing to a crawl every 10 or 15 minutes for Nathanos
    Last edited by Nasuuna; 2020-11-19 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You dont pay for the game, you pay to access the servers thats it, players are forced to do content they dont enjoy all the time, why dont you roleplay on classic servers.
    If that was true, then the Code of Conduct wouldn't include griefing as something you can get banned for. So no. You are not paying just for the servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    i honestly expected to see this thread sooner

Its for a week, let it be. Anybody who did corrupted blood or the wrath prepatch knew how this would go, and that includes blizzard

think of this like the purge, once in a while blizz just says go wild.

I'm more irked by the Eastern Kingdoms instance slowing to a crawl every 10 or 15 minutes for Nathanos
    Ok and that's god awful game design. Their playerbase is already unhappy because of BfA so they make an event to cause even MORE people to be unhappy. I really don't think Blizzard actually thinks before implementing a lot of the shit in game now.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    OF course on my realm those with Warmode off have basically told Blizzard where to shove it by not participating at all. Immediately kill whatever zombie shows up and go about your business.
    They really are showing the devs, by participating in the event as intended. Killing the zombies is an option players have, and part of the event.

If that was true, then the Code of Conduct wouldn't include griefing as something you can get banned for. So no. You are not paying just for the servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok and that's god awful game design. Their playerbase is already unhappy because of BfA so they make an event to cause even MORE people to be unhappy. I really don't think Blizzard actually thinks before implementing a lot of the shit in game now.
    Just because you are unhappy doesnt mean everyone is unhappy lmao. You cant just extrapolate from n=1

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    You can unflag yourself for the WQ's by taking a short flight path travel. So there's a way to avoid this but people seem to be unaware of this.

Also if you completely log out and in again the zombie debuff is gone.

Seems to me the problem is not the event but people being unaware of how to effectively counter the negatives of it, Blizzard doesn't allow for much or any grieving so there are always ways around this.
    So I'm supposed to log every time or spend my time elsewhere? Do I get a reduced monthly rate for that?

They should have left it WARMODE only and then everyone would be happy cept for those who intentionally want to grief others.

The only reason to defend this lazy ass programming are the ones who who love to participate in circle jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Just because you are unhappy doesnt mean everyone is unhappy lmao. You cant just extrapolate from n=1
    Except threads like this and the number of threads of unhappy people on the official forums and the number of people unhappy in game kind of paints a proper picture.

Your paying for server access and thats it, you own nothing to do with your account, its not griefing simple as that especially when its the intended gameplay, you can like it or hate it and still it wont change anything.

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-11-20 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

Your paying for server access and thats it, you own nothing to do with your account, its not griefing simple as that especially when its the intended gameplay, you can like it or hate it and still it wont change anything.
    Once again, detracting from another person's gameplay is literally against the game's code of conduct and will typically get you suspended. So stop saying "you're paying for server access and that's it" because it's 100% not true. The shit people have been doing during this event absolutely falls under the definition of griefing. It's just that Blizzard literally doesn't care right now apparently.

And all the healers do is cleanse your current infection. Nothing stops players from reinfecting you.
    that too. I just mean at least in cities you HAVE healers. which is why it seems like cities for the most part do not seem to be hubs of infection and trolling. quest hubs out in a world - are.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    that too. I just mean at least in cities you HAVE healers. which is why it seems like cities for the most part do not seem to be hubs of infection and trolling. quest hubs out in a world - are.
    The healers are a momentary reprieve before griefers descend upon you once more. I'd almost prefer no healers for all the good they do. This event is literally a griefers wet dream because Blizzard is actively encouraging them to be jerks. On Wyrmrest Accord and Moon Guard, major cities have become full of people hovering in the air or close to a healer because people feel the need to troll roleplayers constantly.

Once again, detracting from another person's gameplay is literally against the game's code of conduct and will typically get you suspended. So stop saying "you're paying for server access and that's it" because it's 100% not true. The shit people have been doing during this event absolutely falls under the definition of griefing. It's just that Blizzard literally doesn't care right now apparently.
    It doesnt fall under griefing because the whole point in the event is to turn into a zombie and infect others simple as that, plus even in blizzards TOS its not griefing since its the intended gameplay design which you constantly ignore.

Also many PvP actions which are optional are now are not considered griefing either by blizzard so you can corpse camp as much as you want.

I gave you a list of other instances that far outdo this one for griefing starting back in classic. It literally IS the event to get infected and infect others. Yet you ignored it to try and correct yourself over Kazzak, where Blizz used to GRIEF US. IT WAS FUN.

Also, I have mains on both WRA and MG. It's not at all affecting things or anyone who truly desires to roleplay. So time to get off your RP horse. One outlier in trade chat doesn't make your case. Are you new to MG as well? Have you seen trade chat there on any given day? Like wtf lol. There are many, many things that interrupt rp there on a daily basis you know like furry chat, futa draes, naked elves erping in town openly, politics! etc. yet THIS is where you draw your line? Just lol. Tourists coming to those servers being assholes is also not new. People have been "detracting from others gameplay" since servers opened in 04 for WoW and as another mentioned in the torture that was UO long before that and other games before that.

On second thought, you must be trolling and we've all fallen for it.

It doesnt fall under griefing because the whole point in the event is to turn into a zombie and infect others simple as that, plus even in blizzards TOS its not griefing since its the intended gameplay design which you constantly ignore.

Also many PvP actions which are optional are now are not considered griefing either by blizzard so you can corpse camp as much as you want.
    Except yes it absolutely is griefing. In the Code of Conduct, detracting from other players' enjoyment of the game is punishable. Blizzard just randomly decided they won't enforce that rule for this event despite people saying they're being griefed over and over. There's a difference between infecting players just to be fun and killing quest NPCs and swarming Nathanos to prevent players from looting.

It's a two week event that offers some mild inconveniences. People really need to get over themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    I gave you a list of other instances that far outdo this one for griefing starting back in classic. It literally IS the event to get infected and infect others. Yet you ignored it to try and correct yourself over Kazzak, where Blizz used to GRIEF US. IT WAS FUN.

Also, I have mains on both WRA and MG. It's not at all affecting things or anyone who truly desires to roleplay. So time to get off your RP horse. One outlier in trade chat doesn't make your case. Are you new to MG as well? Have you seen trade chat there on any given day? Like wtf lol. There are many, many things that interrupt rp there on a daily basis you know like furry chat, futa draes, naked elves erping in town openly, politics! etc. yet THIS is where you draw your line? Just lol. Tourists coming to those servers being assholes is also not new. People have been "detracting from others gameplay" since servers opened in 04 for WoW and as another mentioned in the torture that was UO long before that and other games before that.

On second thought, you must be trolling and we've all fallen for it.
    I didn't ignore anything. Kazzak was literally fixed quickly after players kited him to Stormwind because it was detracting from other people's enjoyment of the game. A GM had to step in and kill Kazzak because he was one shotting anyone that tried to fight him.

And I don't believe for a moment that you have mains on either of those servers. People running around and saying stupid crap in cities can be fixed because you can literally put them on ignore and it stops being an issue. You can't slap the zombies on ignore. You are FORCED to interact with the zombies which is a huge difference. So your comparison is incredibly flawed. Sure people come to RP servers all the time to be dicks but you can put them on ignore. This event allows them to be jerks in a way that forces you to interact. There's no putting them on ignore and forgetting about them. The fact that you're comparing people saying stuff that can be put on ignore to gameplay that is unavoidable just shows that you really have no idea what you are talking about.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    No it isn't. If you think ruining the fun of others is fun, then you have serious issues.
    So whats your thoughts on pvp servers?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    It's a two week event that offers some mild inconveniences. People really need to get over themselves.
    Two weeks of an event you are FORCED to take part in or just not play the game. I'm paying $15 a month. I shouldn't be forced to change how I play the game for two weeks because of griefers. Because if that is really Blizzard's stance then I really want my money back for those two lost weeks or at least have two weeks of game time added to my account.