Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah, it's completely to have something for Thrall story wise.

I mean I can sort of get behind their reasoning that Draka rose from a weakling to a somewhat competent fighter and the Necrolords do value self-improvement in the crucible of battle, but it's also a bit undone by the fact she and her husband got rekt by no-name assassins so she's not really a famous warrior.

Then again Maldraxxus also has Vashj in a prominent role and even she basically says "I've no idea why I'm here but I like it lol" so who knows. The Arbiter works in mysterious ways perhaps.

I don't mind exploring "new"/unexplored characters, and I'm all for female warriors. But Draka just doesn't strike me as an interesting pick.
    We already have a bunch of female mag'har heroes. I think it'd be more interesting to pick... Idk. Someone that isn't there mainly to justify Thrall's presence in the Shadowlands, but I guess it's her turn, after Durotan was in WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Why yes, Blizz sure is a bunch of happy fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by FlasKamel View Post
    I don't mind exploring "new"/unexplored characters, and I'm all for female warriors. But Draka just doesn't strike me as an interesting pick.
    We already have a bunch of female mag'har heroes. I think it'd be more interesting to pick... Idk. Someone that isn't there mainly to justify Thrall's presence in the Shadowlands, but I guess it's her turn, after Durotan was in WoD.

Why would Thralls presence in SL need to be justified?

He is one of the highest ranking hordes if not the highest ranking orc alive. He has been an off/on main character in warcraft since wc3. We have seen him and his parents in movie. His accomplishments are the stuff of legend.

Why are people acting like he is a has been? Isnt it just to justify you hating on wow lore?

I know I am an Alliance character but I enjoy Thrall now, maybe a bit more humbled. He doesn't have to be center stage but he definitely should be a character considering we have very little OG lore character left.

My first reaction to hearing about Draka was... why not Golka? Golka is a blank slate for the writers to explore while still giving us more context for important characters who haven't gotten as much exploration as Draka and her family. Draka feels forced and we've had several chances to explore her character (even if the most notable in-game time was a different version of her, there's no indication it wasn't her normal characterization). If the quests involving her are as good as some of the character arcs we've had in the leveling then I'm sure it'll work out, but Golka could have been just as good and offer something new.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2020-07-11 at 12:13 AM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Why would Thralls presence in SL need to be justified?

He is one of the highest ranking hordes if not the highest ranking orc alive. He has been an off/on main character in warcraft since wc3. We have seen him and his parents in movie. His accomplishments are the stuff of legend.

Why are people acting like he is a has been? Isnt it just to justify you hating on wow lore?
    The elements abandoned him bro, he is absolutely a has bin.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I also just saw in the Maldraxxus preview, it refer to her as:

"famed warrior Draka"

Oh come on. It is pure insanity that Blizzard is hellbent on pushing her as some "big, important character" that she never was. There are *SO* many better, more exciting options they could've chosen. And I really don't think people want Thrall going back to "Green Jesus" status, but it seems pretty clear that's where the story is headed if Draka is the main character of the Maldraxxus campaign.

Like I said, Doomhammer would've probably been the best pick, outside of Alexandros Mograine. We know that Mograine appears in the story, but based on the description, it's clear Blizzard wants this story to revolve around Draka, for some reason.

I mean, I still personally hold that the Four Horsemen should've been leading us into the Shadowlands. It would have been a great opportunity to flesh them out, and unlike Draka, they're actually relevant.

I'd have probably gone:

- Darion Mograine as the "emissary" to Maldraxxus (fitting perfectly with Alexandros also being in that zone)

- Whitemane as emissary to Bastion (she was specifically chosen for the Four Horseman because she was a "zealot", her interactions with Uther could lead to a compelling story)

- Thoridan as emissary to Revendreth (he was King of Stromgarde, he might be more familiar with the politics that seem to run Revendreth)

- Nazgrim as emissary to Archenweald (as an Orc, he likely had a reverence towards Shamanism, which might give him a respect towards the Night Fae. Also, it might give more reason for Horde and Alliance players to both have the same interactions with Tyrande, if even Alliance players are also working alongside an Orc and former patriot of the Horde)
    Draka is going to be the roman reigns of WoW

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Way to put words in my mouth, I'm not hating on anything. smh

My point was more that he lived on a farm in Outland for years and lost his connection to the elements - and certainly doesn't have a connection to them in the Shadowlands. I think one of his parents' appearance were certainly added to give him more of a purpose there, not just because they were dope by themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Why yes, Blizz sure is a bunch of happy fellas!

I posted this months ago, and I still stand by it.

Draka suuuuuucks.

She just feels like a very unintentional “character”. Nothing about her is interesting or conveys any sort of personality, and she just winds up feeling incredibly forced.

Having experienced Maldraxxus myself now, I honestly think Orgrim Doomhammer would’ve been a brilliant pick for the zone. That could have set up all kinds of interesting interactions, especially if they ever allowed these characters to bleed over into Azeroth somehow.

I also still stand by I think it would’ve been great having each of the Horsemen as your emissary to each zone (although I’d probably shuffle them up now; Darion to Bastion, Whitemane to the Venthyr zone, Thoridan to Ardenweald, and Nazgrim to Maldraxxus).

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    The elements abandoned him bro, he is absolutely a has bin.
    Completely forgetting he's a trained gladiator who was a certifiable badass BEFORE he even learned how to harness the elements.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

5+ Year Old Account
    She behaves just like every other Orc female. Blizzard doesn't allow them to show emotional vulnerabilities or flaws, so they end up being one-dimensional.
    Kupo.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I like Draka as a choice. A little obscure when it comes to 'famous lore characters'.

My issue is more that Durotan isn't around. It's kind of depressing.
    I don't but it's more me being hung up on the old lore.. she never did anything that would make her fit in well there. If anything nightfae would of made much more sense for her story.

Quote Originally Posted by SNES-1990 View Post
    She behaves just like every other Orc female. Blizzard doesn't allow them to show emotional vulnerabilities or flaws, so they end up being one-dimensional.
    It's sad how accurate this is, even WoD Draka had more personality than this.

Wasn't there a rumor that they planned the role for Garona, and only went for Draka when they realized Garona isn't dead?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doesnt matter how hard you try, but Draka is just not interesting. She is not cool and never will be.. she is doomed from the start just like that horrible Talanji character.

Draka sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Honestly, this is just so, so baffling to me. Draka has fuck-all to do with anything or anyone. Nobody cares about Draka, nobody WANTS to get to know her. She is utterly meaningless and unimportant to the lore.

Trying to make her into some major player in the Lore is just a dumb move.

My personal pick would have been having the Four Horsemen be our "guides" into each of the four new Covenants, as that seems a lot more thematically appropriate. But hey, aside from looking super weird and blue, seeing Uther again could be exciting. A good Maldraxxus counterpoint to that, in my opinion, would've been Alexandros Mograine. He would've had far more to offer the story, and brings a reputation with him all the same.

Or hell, if they really wanted an Orc, why not Orgrim Doomhammer? Hell, his name is practically a perfect fit for a "Necrolord". I could also see Grom Hellscream (which admittedly, I'd be excited for, if only to hear his WoD VA pick the mantle back up).

Draka is just SUCH a weird choice, I can't possibly imagine what they hope to achieve, other than some forced "mother-son moments" with Thrall at some point.

Eh... I dunno. Just seems like a wasted opportunity, and I have zero interest in "learning more about her plight".
    Personally i'd have loved for it to be Cairne Bloodhoof.
    Imagine having a grumpy undead tauren batter enemies to dust out of an unliked sense of duty.

He'd be proper pissed to get separated from his proper place too, and it'd offer many options for talk with Thrall, Baine, learning of Garrosh' fate and more.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Wasn't there a rumor that they planned the role for Garona, and only went for Draka when they realized Garona isn't dead?
    lmao, is this true?
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

I don't dislike Draka but I also don't like her. She's just sort of there.

Both Vashj and Mograine had far better impressions on me during Maldraxxus questing.

If they are intent on Draka becoming Margrave or whatever, then they need to try harder with her character.

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    I don't dislike Draka but I also don't like her. She's just sort of there.

Both Vashj and Mograine had far better impressions on me during Maldraxxus questing.

If they are intent on Draka becoming Margrave or whatever, then they need to try harder with her character.
    This will be Yrel all over again. Dumb, uninteresting character with no notable qualities who gets promoted solely because she's at the right place at the right time when the original leader dies.