Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've seen an idea in the official forum that I really like: in LFG dungeons hand out all the loot at the end. Not boss per boss, just right after the endboss in a chest.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Like gear in general?
    No.

For the most part, gear is fungible. Legendaries are not. You need THAT ONE THING, not something that could come from any number of sources and be roughly the same. The differences between legendaries or between legendary and non-legendary is enormous; the difference between wrist X and wrist Y from two different dungeons is usually minuscule.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I've seen an idea in the official forum that I really like: in LFG dungeons hand out all the loot at the end. Not boss per boss, just right after the endboss in a chest.
    so you turn: i sometimes have to wait a few minutes after someone leaves, into i hope i have no asshole in the group who initiates a vote kick just before the final boss just to fuck with people.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They shouldn't move them to the end, they should increase the drop rate substantially (why not 100%?). The problem would be solved in a matter of days.

Well that explains having hour long ques while leveling and almost always being put in a group part way through a dungeon then having a tank healer ect quit and waiting again or having the group just disband.

This is an example of don't hate the player, hate the game. This is how Blizzard set it up. Really they should have a token that drops from all content where you turn it into the Runecarver for a power of your choice, and that token can drop from anywhere like the Legion legendaries.

Right now powers have the same downside as essences did... the one you want could be 10x harder to get, the one you want could be locked behind a time gate or future content (like the raid and future torghast wing powers) and with the bosses... if it was just a token that could drop anywhere like Legion legendaries it would just promote doing whatever content you want to be doing, or it would be a byproudct of content you're doing for another reason.

They had a solution for the specific problem you mentioned with the World Quest dungeon boss from Legion where people were doing this so they added killing the last boss to the objective list. Same thing with mount drops in BFA LFR... the GMOD was added to Jaina's loot table. Not sure how many times they have to learn this lesson.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    They shouldn't move them to the end, they should increase the drop rate substantially (why not 100%?). The problem would be solved in a matter of days.
    OR this. I don't see why RNG has to be the answer, if you did the content for the thing once... you've earned it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure something similar happened with dungeon quests back during WoD and their fix was to add killing the final boss as an additional completion requirement. Considering they're doing it for a drop they either need to move it to the final boss of dungeons as a similar sort of required kill fix or make completing the dungeon more lucrative than not doing so.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    In almost every single dungeon at least one person leaves after a certain boss they're obviously farming. For example in Theater of Pain rogues always leave after the first boss and warriors always leave after Xav, since they're looking for their legendary recipe.

I can't remember the last time it was THIS bad. I've been waiting 5 minutes for a new tank now since warrior tank left after Xav. I'm questioning if it was such a good idea to put legendary items on dungeon bosses. People have absolutely no shame anymore and don't give a single crap if others have to wait.

Have you experienced this as well or am I just unlucky?
    There's really only one fix for this: Do away with boss based loot pools. The dungeon has a loot pool. Every boss in that dungeon can drop anything from that pool. Maybe put some special cosmetics on certain bosses. But the thought of "ok, there's still x amount of additional chances for it do drop if i finish this dungeon" will keep people going.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    so you turn: i sometimes have to wait a few minutes after someone leaves, into i hope i have no asshole in the group who initiates a vote kick just before the final boss just to fuck with people.
    There are a lot of ways to prevent this problem, e.g. you get your loot via the post master if you get vote kicked.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    In almost every single dungeon at least one person leaves after a certain boss they're obviously farming. For example in Theater of Pain rogues always leave after the first boss and warriors always leave after Xav, since they're looking for their legendary recipe.

I can't remember the last time it was THIS bad. I've been waiting 5 minutes for a new tank now since warrior tank left after Xav. I'm questioning if it was such a good idea to put legendary items on dungeon bosses. People have absolutely no shame anymore and don't give a single crap if others have to wait.

Have you experienced this as well or am I just unlucky?
    Teleport out option is there so you can do stuff while you wait. Best solution this problem

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I can fault the players. It is not hard to not be a cunt.
    how is it being a cunt?the player needs X,why should someone waste 20-30 minutes out of their time to babysit YOU,stop being selfish,it is a blizzard fault here,also ques are instant dont see whats the issue here

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    how is it being a cunt?the player needs X,why should someone waste 20-30 minutes out of their time to babysit YOU,stop being selfish,it is a blizzard fault here,also ques are instant dont see whats the issue here
    No the person beign selfish is the "I GOT MINE FUCK YOU" the person not being selfish realises that running a dungeon means you have agreed from the moment you press i that you're going to be there no matter what. No if your mother says "Dinner" you don't bail. You stay until the end. 1 person is NEVER as important as 4 ever. And that means in a dungeon the other 4 are 4 times more important than you. Needs of the many ALWAYS outweigh the needs of the one.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Those other people helped you clear up to that point so its only right to help them finish the dungeon. That or go solo it yourself but I doubt you can so help them finish it since they helped you.

I think they will change it to when legenadries drop off final bosses because its such a stupid system ive done 6 instances today, and each one had leavers after every boss

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Those other people helped you clear up to that point so its only right to help them finish the dungeon. That or go solo it yourself but I doubt you can so help them finish it since they helped you.
    I see your point, but not entirely. Those other people helped themselves clear up to that point. They didn't join the random dungeon queue for anyone else's benefit other than their own. The other people in random groups pretty much don't exist as far as most of the player base is concerned unless someone in the group does something that pisses others off, such as leaving or having a bad performance. There are exceptions, of course, but they aren't the norm. Plus, all parties played an equal role in arriving at that point. The person leaving contributed just as much to the entire group getting to that point as every other member of the group (barring localized examples of over/underperformance, of course).

That's not to say there isn't a question of social etiquette - because of course there is - but this is the system Blizzard created, which makes the issue their fault. I can't really blame the player for not wanting to spend another 20 minutes in the useless slog of once again grinding out a dungeon they've potentially already cleared dozens of times in search of a specific piece that drops off the first or second boss. Especially if they also have to deal with the added frustration of once again not getting the piece they need, knowing full well that they have to immediately jump right back into the queue again to take another shot. Spending that extra 20 minutes to finish the dungeon will just add to that frustration and is obviously inefficient. Of course, the rest of the dungeon doesn't care about that person's frustration, they only care about their own problem with having to find someone else to fill that role. Therein lies the crux of this issue: No party has any incentive to care about the other's frustration here. However, because one party has the ability to prevent it, some have decided - erroneously, in my opinion - that the responsibility of that frustration is on the player who chooses not to prevent it. Even though doing so would only serve to increase their own frustration. Personally, I think it makes more sense to place responsibility on the company that created every aspect of the system which encourages each of these behaviors.

As a final side note: this is really only a problem if the tank or the healer leaves. 3/5 times this happens it's going to be a DPS that leaves, in which case it's a non-issue as you'll get an instant replacement. If it was exclusively DPS that left, no one would even care. OP only even made this thread because he was stuck waiting on a replacement tank. So if we decide that it is ultimately players who bear the responsibility of preventing the frustration of their peers, do tanks and healers bear greater responsibility in preventing that frustration simply because Blizzard has created a game in which those roles are significantly harder to fill? That hardly seems fair to people playing tanks and healers.
    Last edited by Egitel; 2020-12-02 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Clarity and grammar

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I don't think they should drop in heroic dungeons at all. Mythic only. You form your own groups in Mythic and maybe people will be too ashamed to leave?

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    People like the one you replied to will always justify it somehow, crocodile tears or not. It's all about them, 24/7. The rest of us might as well be NPCs put there for his pleasure.
    You are being very inconsiderate of someone else’s time with these arguments. What makes your time so much more valuable than another players? Why can’t you go and make a group so you don’t need to deal with these players?

Blizzard doubled down on enabling this by making heroic spam queable so clearly this is intended.
    www.twitch.tv/rtrain

Free Agent! Looking for Guild for Legion!

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    It also happened in Legion with WQ bosses. They pretty quickly hotfixed the WQ's to also require the final boss of the dungeon to prevent the behavior. I'm sure they'll come up with something for this if it's a serious problem. Sad that they didn't anticipate it though.
    This is blizzard we are talking about. They never learn from their mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Honestly, I don't think they should drop in heroic dungeons at all. Mythic only. You form your own groups in Mythic and maybe people will be too ashamed to leave?
    Problem is though, there are a lot of WoW players who straight up refuse to do premade group content. Some even see the word "mythic" for dungeons and assume that it is like mythic raids, only for the best of the best. Look at the outcry the Balance of Power chain got in Legion because you had to do dungeons on mythic 0 and raids on normal or higher to get the base appearance, meanwhile one of the tints was just "kill 7 or so world bosses".

Honestly though, blizzard should've put the legendary powers on the final boss if they came from dungeons. While putting them on the "end of wing" bosses for the raids (mainly for LFR purposes).
    Last edited by Volardelis; 2020-12-02 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    This is blizzard we are talking about. They never learn from their mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

Problem is though, there are a lot of WoW players who straight up refuse to do premade group content. Some even see the word "mythic" for dungeons and assume that it is like mythic raids, only for the best of the best. Look at the outcry the Balance of Power chain got in Legion because you had to do dungeons on mythic 0 and raids on normal or higher to get the base appearance, meanwhile one of the tints was just "kill 7 or so world bosses".

Honestly though, blizzard should've put the legendary powers on the final boss if they came from dungeons. While putting them on the "end of wing" bosses for the raids (mainly for LFR purposes).
    Honestly I imagine we will be getting a change to how the legendary recipes drop a couple weeks into LFR being released. This seems like the kind of thing that worked well enough in the Beta that noone bothered to point out how terrible an idea it would be for the live version, similar to dungeons quests only requiring a specific boss, or LFR raid bosses dropping a mount from the first in a wing.

I imagine we will get a fix to this eventually. Though sadly that also means we will have to live with it for a while longer.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    i feel like this has always been an issue though, maybe more prominent now. If a specific class needs a certain boss for a drop, Legion artifact appearances come to mind, more often than not the person would leave after they got their item.