Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Curious as to why so many people were soloing it as healers or tanks. Was there some mechanic that made runs faster than your dps spec?
    Until the buffs to mobs vs tanks, tanks didn't die and killed stuff pretty quick. It was much easier than going in as DPS. Healers were apparently the same, and now they're slow, but they still don't die (some bosses excepted). Thus DPS was hardmode.

I got to Floor 4 of Layer 7 and the first pack of duo serious bad guys was a wall. Tried my best, even drums and all - they just nuke me to the oblivion on pull. Oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Did 7 and 8 of the assassin wing the other day as a fury warrior. Fairly challenging, immortal for 7th layer, bad anima for layer 8. Wouldn’t have been able to do layer 8 if I weren’t a night elf. The spawned assassin tuning is out of whack.
    Keep a Mawrat on you 100% of the time if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    I got that guy on my i170 prot pally. Managed to not die to the Critical Shot by stunning, LOSing, etc. but his normal bow shots were doing 1/3rds of my health, and he'd shoot then auto attack for the same damage right after. After a while I'd run out of cooldowns and heals, and that would be that. I tried again later and got that caster Venthyr on floor 1, when I had all of two animas, neither of them useful vs a caster.

I get Torghast being random like as a rogue-like, but that's not just bad luck. Not the first one, anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, there are those bosses that one-shot you if you don't run out fast enough (and which often put a slow on you). They're a combination of twitch/latency test and a "Did you fail on the chargen screen by taking a slow class?" test.
    you cant shift out of his slow so it's whatever

As a Guardian, it's basically required to catweave with the draught that makes your rake, rip, and moonfire tick 60/120/180% harder when on a single target, otherwise you don't have a prayer of killing the end of level bosses before hitting 10+ stacks of the buff.

Hell, even *with* that, I had to kite some of the bosses for over a minute cause they were just hitting too damn hard.

I haven't had any problems with any level or instance in Torghast before getting to level 8 of Upper Reaches. That mob casting 6k-7k damage spells non-stop is the most overtuned bs I've seen in WoW so far.

Instead of scaling things up, they should put emphasis on mechanics - did not interrupt that one cast which perfectly aligns with your interrupt? Dead. Didn't bother to move out of stuff? Dead. Didn't face the mob away on his cast? Dead. Didn't do X-Y-Z sequence correctly? Dead.

Thardgast is another example of awesome idea implemented poorly.

There are basically no rewards, so the layers up to the memory drops should stay Diablo style (pull 800 adds and gib them) and upper layers can be more difficult for people who enjoy wasting time.

Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    As a Guardian, it's basically required to catweave with the draught that makes your rake, rip, and moonfire tick 60/120/180% harder when on a single target, otherwise you don't have a prayer of killing the end of level bosses before hitting 10+ stacks of the buff.

Hell, even *with* that, I had to kite some of the bosses for over a minute cause they were just hitting too damn hard.
    Yeah I got the stone legion dreadlord dude to 10% with 0 dps anima powers on my layer 8. If you don't get any powers that add ridiculous % modifiers to your spells, you should just throw in the towel (or accept that it's a doomed run)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Thardgast is another example of awesome idea implemented poorly.

There are basically no rewards, so the layers up to the memory drops should stay Diablo style (pull 800 adds and gib them) and upper layers can be more difficult for people who enjoy wasting time.
    legendaries = basically no reward, gotcha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Instead of scaling things up, they should put emphasis on mechanics - did not interrupt that one cast which perfectly aligns with your interrupt? Dead. Didn't bother to move out of stuff? Dead. Didn't face the mob away on his cast? Dead. Didn't do X-Y-Z sequence correctly? Dead.
    it already works like that, on top of you actually needing output to kill stuff.

Really, did you think being able to afk through l6 as a tank/healer last week wasn't gonna get crushed in an inglorious way?

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    I have no problem with them tying legendaries to Torghast but why the fuck is Maw mandatory for it? If you haven't unlocked any of the permanent upgrades, parts of 7 and most of 8 are literally impossible. Why should I suffer through that BS to play a different game mode?

- - - Updated - - -

it already works like that, on top of you actually needing output to kill stuff.

Really, did you think being able to afk through l6 as a tank/healer last week wasn't gonna get crushed in an inglorious way?
    No, it doesn't and you haven't played it as a healer if you say stuff like this. The demand at Floor 4 Layer 7 becomes asymmetrical to possible healing/damage output.

And if only it was as easy as you described.
    It sucks that DPS has problems with it and mostly hated it. Doesn't mean they had to shit on our cereal as well.
    Last edited by Voidwielder; 2020-12-17 at 08:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Went in on my bear. Did left wing 7 with zero issues, but cannot beat the caster floor bosses.

They fucked tanks hard. Instead of applying the Solo-tank damage buff to mobs and seeing how it went, or just applying the overall damage buff they gave to everyone and then waiting to see how things went they applied both. on top of that one wing this week has a zonewide damage buff.

I went from falling asleep on my bear in l6 (which was too easy) to getting absolutely blasted on t6 this week in the rightmost zone.

the only people I've seen or heard of who clear the L8 right zone are prot paladins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Yeah I got the stone legion dreadlord dude to 10% with 0 dps anima powers on my layer 8. If you don't get any powers that add ridiculous % modifiers to your spells, you should just throw in the towel (or accept that it's a doomed run)

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

There are 1 max 2 leggos that have some sort of utility. And you can equip only one of them anyways.

Seems quite a poor reward for me compared to the effort to obtain it/them and upgrade it/them.

But this said, for me it’s simply not fun. It’s like a world quest where you are closed in corridors, that lasts one hour. With the horrible addition that you have to complete the layer before logging out, else you’ll start from the beginning. Maybe it’s because I’m a resto shaman and with a dps it would be more fun but it feels really really bad.

i've noticed soul ash missions are more common now, maybe it's a makeup for the increased difficulty?

I went in as prot and facerolled layer 8 of whatever the left wing was but in upper reaches the interceptor bosses are unkillable when they spam 30k hits so i left and tried as dps and now instead mobs have like 300k hp so it's 2 minutes to kill each and every mob. Just fuck that. I'm not wasting my time with this garbage.

Prot pally here, they messed us up too, beat layer 7 only due to overpowered power. The one where you grow big in combat and knock back anything that comes close so just kept bullying the boss around, still killed me once.
    Try a 8 same boss melee normal hits taking 90% of my hp, got it under 10 the one shot me these buff are just too much..

What about specs without an interrupt?

People are forgetting Thorghast is built to look like a rogue-like which means some runs are doomed from the get go because you have shitty power and sometimes you will breeze through it because you have god like power-up.

And I am glad to see healers and tanks having issues, they have it too easy for the rest of the game anyway.

It's not just tanks and healers though. You get a caster mob at level 8 of Upper Reaches on the first floor. That caster mob has a 1.5 second cast that deals 6-7k dmg and the mob can cast it non-stop. You interrupt it once, stun him once, now all your control abilities are on cd, he starts casting those spells, you die. Since this is the first floor you only get a couple of talents. If this is their way of saying "you're not meant to clear this yet", why release it in the first place.

I have no problem with them tying legendaries to Torghast but why the fuck is Maw mandatory for it? If you haven't unlocked any of the permanent upgrades, parts of 7 and most of 8 are literally impossible. Why should I suffer through that BS to play a different game mode?

- - - Updated - - -

No, it doesn't and you haven't played it as a healer if you say stuff like this. The demand at Floor 4 Layer 7 becomes asymmetrical to possible healing/damage output.

And if only it was as easy as you described.
    It sucks that DPS has problems with it and mostly hated it. Doesn't mean they had to shit on our cereal as well.
    you literally can't read because i said *last week*
    not even bothering to read the rest because you're stupid. get good, play a dps spec or take a longer run.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    It's not just tanks and healers though. You get a caster mob at level 8 of Upper Reaches on the first floor. That caster mob has a 1.5 second cast that deals 6-7k dmg and the mob can cast it non-stop. You interrupt it once, stun him once, now all your control abilities are on cd, he starts casting those spells, you die. Since this is the first floor you only get a couple of talents. If this is their way of saying "you're not meant to clear this yet", why release it in the first place.
    because some people have the gear to do it, you aren't one and that's unfortunate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    There are 1 max 2 leggos that have some sort of utility. And you can equip only one of them anyways.

Seems quite a poor reward for me compared to the effort to obtain it/them and upgrade it/them.

But this said, for me it’s simply not fun. It’s like a world quest where you are closed in corridors, that lasts one hour. With the horrible addition that you have to complete the layer before logging out, else you’ll start from the beginning. Maybe it’s because I’m a resto shaman and with a dps it would be more fun but it feels really really bad.
    then don't fucking do it

also, resto shaman prob have it the easiest of all the healers, which is easier than every other role/spec

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    And I am glad to see healers and tanks having issues, they have it too easy for the rest of the game anyway.
    This made it definitively on my top 10 of dumbest comments in this forum about wow.

because some people have the gear to do it, you aren't one and that's unfortunate.

I don't think the gear is the issue here, unless they expect you to be full 235 somehow. Some classes and specs fare better against this, in which case it makes it inaccessible for those "unfortunate" to pick the wrong class/spec, and have to wait to get mythic gear to clear something that shouldn't really require it. That's like releasing an unoptimised game and expecting people to upgrade their PC rather than optimise the game.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 2020-12-17 at 10:02 AM.