Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    you literally can't read because i said *last week*
    not even bothering to read the rest because you're stupid. get good, play a dps spec or take a longer run.

- - - Updated - - -

because some people have the gear to do it, you aren't one and that's unfortunate.

- - - Updated - - -

then don't fucking do it

also, resto shaman prob have it the easiest of all the healers, which is easier than every other role/spec
    Never said it’s difficult, at least till layer 3.

I said it’s long and tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Went in on my bear. Did left wing 7 with zero issues, but cannot beat the caster floor bosses.

They fucked tanks hard. Instead of applying the Solo-tank damage buff to mobs and seeing how it went, or just applying the overall damage buff they gave to everyone and then waiting to see how things went they applied both. on top of that one wing this week has a zonewide damage buff.

I went from falling asleep on my bear in l6 (which was too easy) to getting absolutely blasted on t6 this week in the rightmost zone.

the only people I've seen or heard of who clear the L8 right zone are prot paladins.
    I'm having trouble at L5-6 on my Pally, though I'm not a pro tank and nor is my gear great. One thing I'm finding on the Upper Reaches is that it's being very stingy with powers. hitting floor 3 with 4 powers just makes the whole thing incredibly painful and boring. If this is an intentional way of making this harder, it's a terrible decision. Well, it's terribly no matter the reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    It's not just tanks and healers though. You get a caster mob at level 8 of Upper Reaches on the first floor. That caster mob has a 1.5 second cast that deals 6-7k dmg and the mob can cast it non-stop. You interrupt it once, stun him once, now all your control abilities are on cd, he starts casting those spells, you die. Since this is the first floor you only get a couple of talents. If this is their way of saying "you're not meant to clear this yet", why release it in the first place.
    If you're a caster you can play LOS games with him. If you're melee, this doesn't really work because he moves enough that he won't be LOSable after a couple of cast attempts on many maps. Also, trying it can get him to get stuck and then he evade bugs until he resets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    If you're a caster you can play LOS games with him. If you're melee, this doesn't really work because he moves enough that he won't be LOSable after a couple of cast attempts on many maps. Also, trying it can get him to get stuck and then he evade bugs until he resets.
    Indeed. Trying to kill him as a fury warrior is one of the most frustrating experiences I've had in this addon lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Some classes and specs fair better against this, in which case it makes it inaccessible for those "unfortunate" to pick the wrong class/spec, and have to wait to get mythic gear to clear something that shouldn't really require it.
    Yeah, my rogue has 25 ilvl better gear than my hunter. I don't even bother going solo with the rogue, luckily I have friends to do it in a group. Trash hunter has a much much easier time solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    People are forgetting Thorghast is built to look like a rogue-like which means some runs are doomed from the get go because you have shitty power and sometimes you will breeze through it because you have god like power-up.

And I am glad to see healers and tanks having issues, they have it too easy for the rest of the game anyway.
    Yeah, but not being able to reroll your starting powers kinda sucks in any roguelike. At least balance the first anima cell a bit.

The Venthyr caster is just undoable for me.

Five casts and I'm dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwirt View Post
    Holy pally. Tried layer 7 today. First floor boss has 90k health and casts every 1.5s for 6k damage. Blow all cooldowns, then kite to entrance for another set of cooldowns. Still lose.

Okay, maybe bad luck. Try the other wing. First fight is 2 elites with 65k health. I win, but what's the point?

I get that Torghast was maybe a little too easy, but this is way broken right now. Wait for another "fix".

Edit: This is as a 186 holy paladin. Hadn't died at all in here on previous weeks.
    Had to die on my moonkin too. Managed to kill him eventually because some friendlys on that level kept him in combat so i did not have to start again. That cast is way to fast and heavy hitting. Worse than the endboss imho.

Well now youre in same position as dps, only way i could beat layer8 as rogue was to get 3x -10sec CD from vial wich made it had no CD and then a power that gives randomly 6seconds of evasion, feint or cloak when vial is used and i had to spam vial to get the evasion buff and if i failed to get it the boss would hit me for aboput 40% of my health in one hit. so only way to beat the boss was to have melee boss and 100% uptime in evasion.

Blizzard really did a number on the Battered Hilt and you have higher chance of being eaten by a shark inside your own home then finding one drop and winning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    People are forgetting Thorghast is built to look like a rogue-like which means some runs are doomed from the get go because you have shitty power and sometimes you will breeze through it because you have god like power-up.

And I am glad to see healers and tanks having issues, they have it too easy for the rest of the game anyway.
    If that's the case, maybe they should change the initial anima power to be different every time you start a new run then. Because in the fractured halls I was locked in to the run speed near walls and some bullshit like 10% extra hp on PWF or something similarly "useful". really fun stuff when you are supposed to kill mob that has 300k hp and deletes you in 6 seconds

Welcome to how it is for dps. When I have to pray for some brief immunity power so I can try to live through the 20% hp hitting autoattacks.

Torghast, Tower of the Damned

Corrected an issue that could cause actors in a flashback scene triggered by returning the Runecarver’s memories to fail to display correctly.
    Empowered enemies at the end of a floor now have more delay in between their basic magic damage spells.
    Reduced the amount of damage some area of effect spells were doing to party sizes greater than 1.
    Reduced the maximum number of targets a Deadsoul Echo can fire Discordant Barrage at.
    Reduced the visual clutter intensity of Discordant Barrage.
    Goxul the Devourer:
    Time between casts of Mass Devour increased to 36 seconds (was 18 seconds).
    Health and damage reduced by 10%.

welp there were some nerfs to the mob casters and specific boss I had problems with.

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post

Corrected an issue that could cause actors in a flashback scene triggered by returning the Runecarver’s memories to fail to display correctly.
    Empowered enemies at the end of a floor now have more delay in between their basic magic damage spells.
    Reduced the amount of damage some area of effect spells were doing to party sizes greater than 1.
    Reduced the maximum number of targets a Deadsoul Echo can fire Discordant Barrage at.
    Reduced the visual clutter intensity of Discordant Barrage.
    Goxul the Devourer:
    Time between casts of Mass Devour increased to 36 seconds (was 18 seconds).
    Health and damage reduced by 10%.

welp there were some nerfs to the mob casters and specific boss I had problems with.
    This live now or coming fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Thank fucking god.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    torghast is just as fun as it was the first time

its shit, its great. if you like roguelikes you'll like it, if you don't, you wont.
    No, no and no. I like game mode but properly done that can alter each of your runs so you can try fun things with it, not current version that has been watered down since alpha. I watched some footage recently from alpha, they literally nerfed fun out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No, no and no. I like game mode but properly done that can alter each of your runs so you can try fun things with it, not current version that has been watered down since alpha. I watched some footage recently from alpha, they literally nerfed fun out of it.
    Also roguelikes are not gear based mmorpgs and fights have different mechanic. In a combat system were spells will always hit you because dodge is not implemented, you can do what you won’t but if you are outdpsed or outhealed, you’ll die no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    This live now or coming fix?
    Just tried it, it's live. The damn thing is finally killable and doesn't spam that 6-7k spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Curious as to why so many people were soloing it as healers or tanks. Was there some mechanic that made runs faster than your dps spec?
    In healerspec, I can roflstomp up to L7 without having much luck.
    As Boomkin, I need specific powers, otherwise I can't even beat the 2nd floors trash.

^but this is a gearing issue. With ilvl 180 I'm not supposed to go L7/8.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    If that's the case, maybe they should change the initial anima power to be different every time you start a new run then. Because in the fractured halls I was locked in to the run speed near walls and some bullshit like 10% extra hp on PWF or something similarly "useful". really fun stuff when you are supposed to kill mob that has 300k hp and deletes you in 6 seconds
    The wall-runspeed is actually amazing, as you can outrun enemies cast-range while still being able to attack by yourself. Couldn't beat L7 endboss without it.

I dont get it, if it s too difficult for you (because of gear / skill/ time/ etc) why dont you just do lower layers ? That is no different than other contents, if you have not the skill/ time / gear / guild / etc you do whatever content you can.
    For exemple you do Lfr instead of mythic or Heroic instead of mythic or M+ 5 instead of + 15 or 1400 rating instead or 2400
    Those higher difficulty contents give better rewards than easier ones and i dont see anybody complaining about this. Except entitled people.
    Plus, higher layers dont give that much ashes compared to lower layers. Just do layers you can end with your actual gear / time / skill.

Managed to do both wings on 8 as a ~205 Prot Paladin today. Had to food, flask, oil, pot, everything to deal with certain level bosses - as a fucking Prot Paladin with 100% interrupt success rate, nearly unlimited stuns from holy dmg procs and I still fucking needed Bubble + LoH on most of them. Most bosses took barely under 2 minutes and at that point were close to killing me in like 3-4 hits. Both runs took like 1h each.

Absolutely fucking insane. I don't see how anyone else would've been able to kill those bosses without the absolute most ridiculous powers from the very beginning. I'm dreading going in there on my Druid or my DK, let alone on my Heal Sham. Because I'm pretty fucking sure if the first power isn't gonna double my damage it's not gonna fucking work - and it's especially not gonna fucking work if the first powers keep being some stupid silly ass shit like movement speed or more Kyrian flask heal.

But hey, luckily you can't just restart Torghast and get another set of starting powers... because that would be... bad! Degenerate even! Now here, have some increased wall speed vs 30s reduced Soulshape CD. Fucking garbage ass piece of content somehow manages to be even worse than fucking islands. When you think Blizzard couldn't fuck up any harder, this is what you fucking get.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Managed to do both wings on 8 as a ~205 Prot Paladin today. Had to food, flask, oil, pot, everything to deal with certain level bosses - as a fucking Prot Paladin with 100% interrupt success rate, nearly unlimited stuns from holy dmg procs and I still fucking needed Bubble + LoH on most of them. Most bosses took barely under 2 minutes and at that point were close to killing me in like 3-4 hits. Both runs took like 1h each.

Absolutely fucking insane. I don't see how anyone else would've been able to kill those bosses without the absolute most ridiculous powers from the very beginning. I'm dreading going in there on my Druid or my DK, let alone on my Heal Sham. Because I'm pretty fucking sure if the first power isn't gonna double my damage it's not gonna fucking work - and it's especially not gonna fucking work if the first powers keep being some stupid silly ass shit like movement speed or more Kyrian flask heal.

But hey, luckily you can't just restart Torghast and get another set of starting powers... because that would be... bad! Degenerate even! Now here, have some increased wall speed vs 30s reduced Soulshape CD. Fucking garbage ass piece of content somehow manages to be even worse than fucking islands. When you think Blizzard couldn't fuck up any harder, this is what you fucking get.
    But you did it in 205 ilvl. You will soon be ilvl 210 and then 215, up to 225+. And it will be much easier then. The boss will die 25% or 50% faster, you will receive less damage while your heals go up. The bosses will receive less stacks of their damage buffs. At some point you will have NO problem clearing layer 8, like now with the best anima powers. I was unvulnerable and dealing 20k dps at end boss in l8 yesterday while dying on the first layer to a assassin added to a group pull + no earth elemental ready.

I understand what all of you say, but next week it will take 1 hour/week to max out soul ash...