Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It's not the mowing, it's unnecessary "cool melee" when all they needed was to actually just mow them, they did shot every one last of them with a blaster right after kicking and punching them. Not to mention the 4 to 1 female to male ratio.
    I guess?

I mean, it was not nearly on the same level as Infinity War's final battle. Maybe it's because they did a good job of establishing the characters as legitimate badasses before they did the "girl power" scene. So to me it wasn't necessarily blatant. It's just how characters(male or female or robot) are in that show. I mean, shortly after there's a scene where a male goes over9000 on a bunch of super-robots, and I didn't see anyone complain about that. Soooo...... yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    Minor tidbit at this point, but am I the only one wondering where the fifth Mandalorian character went (the male, who was with Bo-Katan previously) from the earlier episode this season? He just wasn't in this episode at all.
    He is likely guarding/on the ship they took earlier. I have a feeling Bo Katan has a lot more followers than we see anyway.

Even though she is not ruling all the Clans, she is the leader of House and Clan Kryze and the Nite Owls.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

gotta say I was really surprised to see a young luke

Can someone explain to me how Moff Gideon knew so damn much about Din and his gear, and yet somehow didn't know the Darksaber wouldn't slice his armor?

Just finished watching the last episode, Love this series.

Anyway I was wondering, Is "The book of boba fett" a seperate series (like the walking dead and fear the walking dead) or is this going to be the 3rd season of the mandalorian? I love Din's story but I guess it kind of ended now. Unless they need to resolve the darksaber issue next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I hadn’t even realized it was a “girl power” team/scene, tbh. My only gripe was, after showing how much of a complete badass Boba Fett is in the previous reveal episode of him, he nearly got his ass handed to him by some sidekick nobody (Koska Reeves), who happened to be a woman. That kinda felt like a forced “girl power” moment.

Definitely rolled my eyes.
    But ... did he though? The fight was barely even started. I cant say that is nearly getting your ass kicked. For all we know it could have been Boba was humoring her, wasn't out to kill her, or was judging her abilities before reacting. Him getting his ass kicked was only one explanation.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I mean, shortly after there's a scene where a male goes over9000 on a bunch of super-robots, and I didn't see anyone complain about that. Soooo...... yeah.
    One droid, barely making it, only thanks to beskar spear he got from a girl who got it from a girl.

But if you are talking about Luke - come on, he's a Jedi. I wouldn't mind Ahsoka dealing with them in the same way - I've seen it in Clone Wars.

I hadn’t even realized it was a “girl power” team/scene, tbh. My only gripe was, after showing how much of a complete badass Boba Fett is in the previous reveal episode of him, he nearly got his ass handed to him by some sidekick nobody (Koska Reeves), who happened to be a woman. That kinda felt like a forced “girl power” moment.

Well, yeah it seemed unnecessary but she was a Mandalorian, and they kinda evened out - so fine. He whooped her ass, she whooped his right back, but unnecessary scene nonetheless.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2020-12-19 at 05:32 PM.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Boba is not a Mandolorian though. He's just a clone and a bounty hunter, great at the latter. Koska is supposed to be a seasoned Nite Owl Mandolorian- straight-up warrior culture actively fighting a guerilla war.

I think that scene was more to show off the actor, Mecades Vernado (aka WWE Wrestler Sasha Banks) physicality and communicate the True Mandalorians are quite capable. Later on, in the same episode, Koska and Din own a bunch of troopers effortlessly as well. Which I think was again, putting the Nite Owls on the same level as Boba, Din, and Fennec.

My complaint with the episode was that it was too short and ended somewhat flat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think she shouldn't be able to compete with him, I just think it was a useless scene, done so with the intention to show girl power. I say that only because she's basically a nobody to the show, and they put her up against Boba Fett--a character that has a long history in Star Wars, and whom they're going to be making a spin-off show of.

It was kinda like, "hey, look, the girls can hold their own against the guys, and they're just as capable. Look at her go toe-to-toe with Boba Fett!".

I don't think anyone thinks they can't/aren't, but do we really need scenes to prove/show that?
    Would you have found the scene pointless if rather than Koska Reeves it was Axe Woves?
    –The Sith Code

Really enjoyed the show, but I echo a sentiment I saw earlier that the ending wasn't great. I understand wanting to leave things open, but there was no denouement whatsoever it felt like - I have no clue what any of our characters are up to (except Boba and Shan) or how they are emotionally reacting to the events of the end of the episode. I don't even know where they are.
    Call me Cassandra

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I think one of the strengths of Mandalorian is its casting of older characters with gravitas.

That’s why Alec Guinness was so good in the original Star Wars, why Patrick Stewart was good in Star Trek, and why Harrison Ford was the best part of the recent (bad) trilogy. It’s also why Rosario Dawson is the perfect choice for Tano.
    I respectively disagree with the bold.

I am sorry, I didn't see Ahsoka with Dawson ... It just didn't work for me. Even getting passed the obviously fake head piece, she didn't come across as Ahsoka to me. There was just something off about how she spoke and other minor characteristics that just irk me in ways it is hard for me to describe. She felt like Diet Ahsoka to me. And added even kind of looking back, the only reason that episode had to exist was so Din could get the spear. Literally it was go to Ahsoka, and she tells him to go to Tython ... you could have cut out the middleman there somehow.

When I see Dawson as Ahsoka ... I see an actor playing a role. When I watch the Original Trilogy, I don't see Alec Guinness playing Obi Wan, I see Obi Wan, same with Patrick Stewart and Harrison Ford. I don't see the actor, I see the character. Dawson wasn't terrible, but she was far from "perfect." She may have worked for you, but she didn't work for everyone ... if you can show the same number of people who were disappointed with Patrick Stewart, Alec Guinness or Harrison Ford in their respective roles, I'll admit I am wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Was he the dude in the trio? Whatever happened to him?--I don't recall

Yeah, I probably would have still seen it as pointless.
    Maybe ... guarding the ship they stole in episode 3 to help them take Mandalore?

If that is true, than it isn't that it is a girl power scene you have a problem with, it is you find the scene to be pointless and the bringing up the fact it is a girl power scene is meaningless. If the scene is pointless regardless, it's pointless. But, the scene wasn't pointless, it was a character scene. It was meant to show that both sides in the discussion have a hot head that resorts to violence even if it pointless. Just because she is a "nobody" doesn't mean she should lack character scenes.

It wasn't to show that she was equal to Boba Fett, it was to show that she is hot headed.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Can someone explain to me how Moff Gideon knew so damn much about Din and his gear, and yet somehow didn't know the Darksaber wouldn't slice his armor?
    Gideon is a little like Thrawn. He plans meticulously and considers every piece of information. I'm not sure why you'd assume he didn't know the Darksaber wouldn't penetrate Beskar. Thing is, it's probably still better to tackle Din in close combat, where they are somewhat equally matched, opposed to a gunfight, where Din had the clear advantage. He might have been playing for time, hoping for his Dark Troopers to reboard the ship. Gideon has had time to train with the Dark Saber, and plenty of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I respectively disagree with the bold.

I am sorry, I didn't see Ahsoka with Dawson ... It just didn't work for me. Even getting passed the obviously fake head piece, she didn't come across as Ahsoka to me. There was just something off about how she spoke and other minor characteristics that just irk me in ways it is hard for me to describe. She felt like Diet Ahsoka to me. And added even kind of looking back, the only reason that episode had to exist was so Din could get the spear. Literally it was go to Ahsoka, and she tells him to go to Tython ... you could have cut out the middleman there somehow.

When I see Dawson as Ahsoka ... I see an actor playing a role. When I watch the Original Trilogy, I don't see Alec Guinness playing Obi Wan, I see Obi Wan, same with Patrick Stewart and Harrison Ford. I don't see the actor, I see the character. Dawson wasn't terrible, but she was far from "perfect." She may have worked for you, but she didn't work for everyone ... if you can show the same number of people who were disappointed with Patrick Stewart, Alec Guinness or Harrison Ford in their respective roles, I'll admit I am wrong.
    I think this is an issue with 'what came first'. We're so used to CGIsoka that it is difficult to see the 'real deal' in her. She didn't work that well for me either, but it was a short appearance, I'm willing to give her a chance in her own series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Gideon is a little like Thrawn. He plans meticulously and considers every piece of information. I'm not sure why you'd assume he didn't know the Darksaber wouldn't penetrate Beskar. Thing is, it's probably still better to tackle Din in close combat, where they are somewhat equally matched, opposed to a gunfight, where Din had the clear advantage. He might have been playing for time, hoping for his Dark Troopers to reboard the ship. Gideon has had time to train with the Dark Saber, and plenty of it.
    I 100% agree. It felt like he planned to lose the Darksaber to Din. One more jab at Bo Katan before watching her be slaughtered by the Dark Troopers.

I think this is an issue with 'what came first'. We're so used to CGIsoka that it is difficult to see the 'real deal' in her. She didn't work that well for me either, but it was a short appearance, I'm willing to give her a chance in her own series.
    That is a possibility. But, I felt that Forest Whitaker was good as Saw, but Saw was a more minor character so the jump to live action was smaller.

I am going to give the Ahsoka show a shot, hopefully with her being the focus we get a better head piece (apparently there were reports that the original head piece didn't work and they had to rush a back up, but I haven't heard that from any official source in production.)
    –The Sith Code

It didn't feel like that to me. To me it felt like someone in their prime barely holding on to someone who is older and out of the loop when it comes to elite mandos fighting. If anything Boba shouldn't be holding his own so much against other Mandalorians.

I don't think she shouldn't be able to compete with him, I just think it was a useless scene, done so with the intention to show girl power.
    The intent was to establish her. This is how you do it as a writer- we saw her a few times before handle grunts/"nobodies". Now as she is being put together with the rest of the Named Characters; you inform the audience she is on their level. Or she would be a redshirt. That is efficient writing.

whom they're going to be making a spin-off show of.
    Season 3 is Boba's story by all accounts. The fallout of the Pascal behind the scenes drama as reported by Deadline and Grace Randolph seems to indicate future seasons of The Mandolorian will feature other characters to a large degree.

Further, Boba took the shooting schedule owned by The Mandolorian two years previous with the same production crew. And it is being positioned for release in the window The Mandolorian would otherwise cocupy.

I don't think anyone thinks they can't/aren't, but do we really need scenes to prove/show that?
    This is not fair to a writer. Had her gender come to be a point of contention or source of drama, which is the goal of writing here, then you can make that assumption. But gender never came, up. Culture was the source of drama- again, that is exemplary writing. That is exactly why they teach screenplays on like Hot Fuzz or Raging Bull; so that writers have a sense of where the drama comes from in what are widely considered some of the best writing for motion pictures.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2020-12-19 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Season 3 is Boba's story by all accounts. The fallout of the Pascal behind the scenes drama as reported by Deadline and Grace Randolph seems to indicate future seasons of The Mandolorian will feature other characters to a large degree.
    you mean the FAKE fallout? https://screenrant.com/mandalorian-s...helmet-rumors/

10+ Year Old Account

He threw her through a table, she got in a cheapshot knee and followed it up with a jetpack assisted tornado DDT.

That wasn't "GIRL POWER" it was typical "Hey, we got a wrestler in this, let's make them use wrestling moves in a fight!" that we always get in Hollywood.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

I dont know if it was just overhyped, but I watched the first few episodes and was pretty disappointed. It's like watching a series of rpg cutscenes where they spent all the money on the sets and effects and none on the actors or writers.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    you mean you dont take the word of some loudmouth youtuber who says shit for the views and ... "deadline"

The Mandalorian had feelings ! How precious was that? I didn't mind the end. I would like for it to come back next year, but I think they doing a Boba Fett spin off?

Anyways tis the season to spread the Christmas spirit.