Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunhammer View Post
    I played these games since Shadowrun early , and I love it, bought it, enjoying it immensly.
    shadowrun is the shit, especially dragonfall. great storytelling

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I'm sorry for the people on last-gen consoles but on PC it seems like a great game imo.
    Must have missed my post a few posts above showing its even having issues on PC.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Nothing about what I’m getting ready to say is to defend CDRed, the lies and misinformation they spread, or the abysmal state that the game launched in on 8th gen consoles. That all deserves the hate and criticism it is getting.

However, from my own personal experience the game has been great. I’m playing it on PC with a Ryzen 7 5800X and an RTX 3070. Playing at maxed out settings at 1080p with the full suite of Ray tracing and DLSS turned on. Game has ran buttery smooth.

The overall story is good with a lot of the side quests being just as good as the main storyline. Found combat to be decent enough for the type of game it is. The loot is definitely serviceable. Exploration is fun. This is a game where it’s fun to just drive around the city with the radio blasting and taking in the sights. It really is a gorgeous game to look at when played on a good PC.

I have encountered several bugs over the course of my playtime, two of which did require me to reload a save file due to a quest NPC bugging out. However, most of the bugs have been graphical in nature and nothing that ultimately affected gameplay. I haven’t ran into any more bugs than what I expected for a game of this size and scope.

One thing I do have to say in regards to the state of the game in 8th gen hardware.....why did anyone think this game would be good on it? I personally knew from the first gameplay trailer that was shown that this game would most definitely NOT be enjoyable on Xbox One or PS4. This isn’t to excuse just how bad the game ended up being on those consoles. But I can’t help but wonder how any gamer with a general knowledge of how video games work thought that this would be an enjoyable experience on hardware that came out in 2013 (and was already outdated when it came out).

I personally made sure to upgrade my gaming rig specifically for this game, just like I did for the Witcher 3 when it launched (at the time I upgraded to a GTX 980ti). I knew that to get the best experience possible, that’s what I needed to do. I know not everyone can afford to do that, but sometimes that’s what it takes, especially at the launch of a game like this.

I also find it ironic just how much some people in this thread are shitting on a game that they literally haven’t played themselves or have played so little of it as to not have an accurate opinion of it. It’s quite pathetic actually.

Overall, I found the game very enjoyable, very playable, and worth my purchase. I just had the foresight to take the necessary steps in order to make sure that I could play this game effectively. Still doesn’t excuse a lot of the shit that it going on with the game, but from a personal standpoint, the game was great.
    Last edited by nuffisenough; 2020-12-22 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    @Ringthane

kek but i did

argus
    https://i.imgur.com/VBpeWz4.jpg

effectively in bfa i could lower the resolution to the point that in jainap1 i could pass the 10 fps, but believe me, the fog phase was a nightmare (still perfectly doable)
    https://i.imgur.com/qcE3VJD.jpg

these are the kill videos (not my pov clearly), i was Ferretti
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4uIClMs_kU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEak...ature=emb_logo

my char doesnt exist anymore so i dont think i can link you the achievements...
    Jesus christ bro, you remind me of 2011 wrath in Dalaran, frozen for days.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekazi View Post
    Jesus christ bro, you remind me of 2011 wrath in Dalaran, frozen for days.
    xD
    i still remember the 5 seconds of completely freeze pulling dk saurfang.
    thankfully i could somehow precast the commands and do assa opening anyway
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    snip
    Nothing by Jim Sterling is worth watching, much less trying to share with others....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    Some people feel the need to belong to a group, I guess.
    Would this be the "let's make a new account so we can whine on a forum over a game we don't own" group, of which you seem to be the leader?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    It is quite impressive though. He's basically been living in this thread ever since the game launched. That is some dedicated trolling.
    He's basically Zeta and Beazy trolling the Star Citizen thread endlessly rolled into one ball of butthurt

[QUOTE=Saltysquidoon;52892433]there are a whole bunch of sociocultural(and political) factors that go into the enjoyment of art...[quote]This is correct. Art is contextual. But one enjoying an entertainment piece or art in a general sense is informed by those the cultural and personal relation of the individual to the art.

You may say "Moby Dick is a good book." but that would not mean Bob down the street enjoys reading Moby Dick anymore or less for your statement. That is the point of contention in the post you quote, not rather Moby Dick is a good book.

There is no direct way to have a measure of enjoyment outside the personal.

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Nothing by Jim Sterling is worth watching, much less trying to share with others....
    He use to be decent to watch. For the last few years, he’s been nothing but an annoying, screeching SJW who talks more about politics/controversies than games. He acts like the video game industry has touched him inappropriately one too many times.

Basically ever since he publicly came out on his YouTube channel that he’s....bisexual?.....non-binary?......whatever it was he claimed to be....the quality and content of his videos has taken a sharp nose dive. And it has everything to do with the fact that he seems to have made it his personal mission in life to smear video game devs and publishers in absolutely any way he can while using his sexual orientation as a platform to parrot all of that.
    Last edited by nuffisenough; 2020-12-22 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    They lied or cut the content.

Although it was first person there were to be lots of opportunities to see your character through reflections in the world and they show us a working mirror not a bloody slab of metal you activate to see yourself awkwardly staring in a locked position.
    No argument from me on this one because I don't really know what CDPR said about mirrors. I was just commenting it was possible to see your character in-game. Forums are evergreen to an extent and so it is possible someone could read that line of conversation earlier and think seeing your character doesn't exist. It does- just in the agreed somewhat awkward manner of the digital mirror and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    No argument from me on this one because I don't really know what CDPR said about mirrors. I was just commenting it was possible to see your character in-game. Forums are evergreen to an extent and so it is possible someone could read that line of conversation earlier and think seeing your character doesn't exist. It does- just in the agreed somewhat awkward manner of the digital mirror and so on.
    It was in 2018 I think they released a video about it. Noting that although the game will be in first person that you will have tons of opportunities to see your character in the world via reflections like any person would which was supposed to make it more immersive and natural. Which would have been cool... perhaps one day they'll do it.

Also I am absolutely floored by the utter lack of AI. That has to be the largest sin in this game, where is the fuck AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It was in 2018 I think they released a video about it. Noting that although the game will be in first person that you will have tons of opportunities to see your character in the world via reflections like any person would which was supposed to make it more immersive and natural. Which would have been cool... perhaps one day they'll do it.

Also I am absolutely floored by the utter lack of AI. That has to be the largest sin in this game, where is the fuck AI.
    The police AI is particularly bad. The whole police/warrant system is basically a joke. You commit a crime and police spawn out of thin air around you and start lighting you up. However, you just have to run a block away and they can’t seem to find you anymore and then your warrant disappears. That part of the game is pretty laughable and seems like it was tacked on at literally the last minute before release.
    Last edited by nuffisenough; 2020-12-22 at 03:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    How come? Is there something in the videos you disagree with?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Its not a lie, you would instalost in any court. Calling this sentence a lie is simply lack of ability of reading with comprehension.

When you say something runs well, you mean that it runs with little to no problems

When you say something runs SURPRISIGLY well it means... jack shit. It doesn't mean anything.
    It's really amazing people still fall for this shit after a thousand of years.

Nobody in their right mind would claim that a game
    Oh yea? https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkga..._my_base_xbox/
    I can count 3 people there with same claim. So in fact, you are wrong.
    Lol, if you think that would hold in any court, not that it matters(because it will not go to court), you are downright wrong.

Any judge would look at the shitstorm, the pulling from the storefronts, the multiple patches, the refunds and the constant apologies that adresses the performances on these consoles, and they would call bullshit. That is not even considering the fact that the company review's embargo did not allowed the use of footage other than what they sent them and did not provide console copies.

Also, what he said is that he had almost no bugs. Not that it runs surprisingly well with the multiple bugs. The first reply is a bug that does not allow the user to progress any further. You literally gave the example of a person that defines "surprisingly well" the way I do.

This is the biggest shitstorm since Fallout 76, to claim that this game runs surprisingly well with a straight face is a lie. And when you look at the full picture, it is even worse.

At this point you are either playing devil's advocate or you actually believe what you say. Honestly, this game is a hot mess.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    you weren't immersed in ds1. I'm sorry. The world building and writing are held as a pinnacle in gaming though.
    Sorry, by DS1 was hot garbage. No thanks. I'll keep playing Cyberpunk 2077.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    How come? Is there something in the videos you disagree with?
    Read my above post about Jim Sterling to get a good idea why the quality of his content has taken a nose dive.

This is correct. Art is contextual. But one enjoying an entertainment piece or art in a general sense is informed by those the cultural and personal relation of the individual to the art.

You may say "Moby Dick is a good book." but that would not mean Bob down the street enjoys reading Moby Dick anymore or less for your statement. That is the point of contention in the post you quote, not rather Moby Dick is a good book.

That's why you don't talk about enjoyment and rather what is it that constitutes a novel, a ballad, a sci-fi movie or in this case, an open world RPG. That is the whole point here. No one is claiming you can't enjoy it. That would be a ridiculous statement. Just that it's bad at what it tries to do.
    Last edited by Cringefest; 2020-12-22 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nuffisenough View Post
    He use to be decent to watch. For the last few years, he’s been nothing but an annoying, screeching SJW who talks more about politics/controversies than games. He acts like the video game industry has touched him inappropriately one too many times.

Basically ever since he publicly came out on his YouTube channel that he’s....bisexual?.....non-binary?......whatever it was he claimed to be....the quality and content of his videos has taken a sharp nose dive. And it has everything to do with the fact that he seems to have made it his personal mission in life to smear video game devs and publishers in absolutely any way he can while using his sexual orientation as a platform to parrot all of that.
    Who knows....he was bad before that too though. He's basically just clickbait these days.

Quote Originally Posted by neocount View Post
    Sorry, by DS1 was hot garbage. No thanks. I'll keep playing Cyberpunk 2077.
    Your choice. All is good.

My post was really more of a meta-commentary on the efficacy (and logical failings) of "I subjectively did/didn't enjoy *product*, therefore, it is good/bad and you can't comment otherwise because it is my opinion". I was only quoting you as a means of contextualizing it to the current conversation.

If we take enjoyment to be 100% individually subjective (which I contend, but, sticking with it) then the argument is cannibalistic, it renders itself invalid by its own existence.

If we accept that there are external socio/politi/cultural factors influence enjoyment. Which I absolutely believe, as it explains the existence of millennia-old themes in
    even modern works, or established genres, or fad and trends and why companies spend money on focus groups/marketing/pr.
    Then the simple assertion thrown out into the ether with no support then it is equally invalid.
    If I say "I enjoyed Moby Dick because it is the best romantic comedy ever written" and when pressed I don't attempt to defend myself then the argument is equally invalid.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?