Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Lack of pvp balance patches

We are now 3 Weeks into the season and there are not balance patches.

Dk is literally the most disliked class with onlyone being even in the top 100 (Volkovitch who is a pro) . Neither Unholy or Frost are wanted for arena.

Its not even about losing or winning. You cant get a group with randoms even if you are 600 xp higher and 200 rating higher then them. Because why should they play with a dk `? They can just pick any other meele and get the same or far better results. Necro strike is still at 4%. Obliterate does less then a shadow priest dot tick. Only saving grace is the sindragosa summon, which locks you out of a good damage legendary.

Now you will say: Just play with premades. Well most quit and how can I find any new ones if no one wants to even try playing with a dk anymore.

Fricking combat rouge probably has a better time getting teams.

So is there any reason i miss why blizzard doesnt buff / nerf stuff since wod anymore?

I get the impression Blizz is all on vacation for the holidays. There haven't really been any tuning changes in any aspect of the game the past couple of weeks despite several outliers in PvE and PvP, both good and bad. Not that it means they'll fix anything after the new year. It sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    We are now 3 Weeks into the season and there are not balance patches.

Dk is literally the most disliked class with onlyone being even in the top 100 (Volkovitch who is a pro) . Neither Unholy or Frost are wanted for arena.

Its not even about losing or winning. You cant get a group with randoms even if you are 600 xp higher and 200 rating higher then them. Because why should they play with a dk `? They can just pick any other meele and get the same or far better results. Necro strike is still at 4%. Obliterate does less then a shadow priest dot tick. Only saving grace is the sindragosa summon, which locks you out of a good damage legendary.

Now you will say: Just play with premades. Well most quit and how can I find any new ones if no one wants to even try playing with a dk anymore.

Fricking combat rouge probably has a better time getting teams.

So is there any reason i miss why blizzard doesnt buff / nerf stuff since wod anymore?
    I mean, mes is literally #1 on the 3s ladder playing frost dk so this is just not true.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSilver View Post
    I mean, mes is literally #1 on the 3s ladder playing frost dk so this is just not true.
    Let’s ignore the 1-2 pro tournament player maybe ? Who have a perfect team at all times at hand who can help to fight on even foot ? Because again mes being number 1 doesn’t solve that dk still is under represented and that no one wants to play with them.

Also the first place is dk..... and the only one in the top 100 Us and the only top 100 dk in Eu is 36

Let’s look at statistics instead

Dk Frost above 1800 rating = 173
    Dk Unholy above 1800 rating = 146
    Arms warrior over 1800 rating = 1295
    Windwalker over 1800 = 997
    Sub rogue = 973
    RET Paladin = 761
    Protection paladin = 179

TANK PALADIN IS MORE PLAYED THEN FROST DK

In no world are this numbers balanced

Let’s ignore the 1-2 pro tournament player maybe ? Who have a perfect team at all times at hand who can help to fight on even foot ? Because again mes being number 1 doesn’t solve that dk still is under represented and that no one wants to play with them.

Also the first place is dk..... and the only one in the top 100 Us and the only top 100 dk in Eu is 36

Sub rogue = 973
    RET Paladin = 761
    Protection paladin = 179

Ignore the fact that they are literally number 1? That's asinine, just because you can't and not a lot are, doesn't mean it can't be done, clearly. I thought enhancement had a lot of issues in pvp, because in beta they did, but now on live, they are doing quite well in certain comps. My issue is clearly a l2p issue, as with most people. If they spent time balancing the game around my ability to play classes, this game would be an absolute shit show.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

10+ Year Old Account

Sub rogue = 973
    RET Paladin = 761
    Protection paladin = 179

I'm actually surprised there are so many Warriros above 1.8k rating and not so many Prot paladins - Prot paladins are currently OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    Ignore the fact that they are literally number 1? That's asinine, just because you can't and not a lot are, doesn't mean it can't be done, clearly. I thought enhancement had a lot of issues in pvp, because in beta they did, but now on live, they are doing quite well in certain comps. My issue is clearly a l2p issue, as with most people. If they spent time balancing the game around my ability to play classes, this game would be an absolute shit show.
    Literally 1 person. Who is lifted up by the world best healers and years of world champion level games as deathknight.

All the other R1 deathknights also need to l2p?

People pick every other meele between 7-11 times as often , just by chance ? Yeah for sure.

That’s the whole elemental shammy thing all over again where number 1 of the ladder was elemental and the next 999 ranks there was none. But in your opinion that would make the class good and strong?

Look at the statistics and tell me why else deathknight is the least played meele currently ? Even feral is played double as often who has no real comp out side of jungle and hunter aren’t doing to good either.

Low key I assume you play sub rogue or warrior

Literally 1 person. Who is lifted up by the world best healers and years of world champion level games as deathknight.

All the other R1 deathknights also need to l2p?

People pick every other meele between 7-11 times as often , just by chance ? Yeah for sure.

That’s the whole elemental shammy thing all over again where number 1 of the ladder was elemental and the next 999 ranks there was none. But in your opinion that would make the class good and strong?

Look at the statistics and tell me why else deathknight is the least played meele currently ? Even feral is played double as often who has no real comp out side of jungle and hunter aren’t doing to good either.

Low key I assume you play sub rogue or warrior
    Im guessing they pick them because it's easier to reach rank one on. My point is, it's obviously possible. If they were buffed I can guarantee the ladder would be full of them, because they already are literally capable of rank one.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

they can't even balance PvE and you expect them to balance PvP???

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    Im guessing they pick them because it's easier to reach rank one on. My point is, it's obviously possible. If they were buffed I can guarantee the ladder would be full of them, because they already are literally capable of rank one.
    Even if the amount of dks would increase by ten times, they would still only be even with the current top meele.

Pros: Dks can find groups and play fair games

Cons: you will see as many dks as warrior

The two dk who are able to play top 1 will stay in top and volcovitch moves from rank 36 to 25

I just can’t wrap my head around how you can look at dks having 1/10 of the representation of warriors and say that’s okay because 1 guy is able to do it.

Idk if the problem is DKs are so bad, it's more probable that other Melee classes, particularly Arms, Rets and WW are way too good right now. The main reason I lean towards this perspective is because Unholy DKs are not a quick and easy kill in arena. And they probably possess the best defenses against magic of all the melee specs.

15+ Year Old Account
    There needs to be some PVP nerfs and quickly. I'm enjoying PVP, but some specs just ruin the fun when an arena is over in 5 seconds. Where's the fun in that?

As for DK being bad, I climbed much easier with a DK than a Monk in 3v3. Took less than a day to get to 1700 on DK, and whenever I reach 1400 on my monk, I drop back to 1200. Been trying for a couple of weeks, but getting discouraged by pvp imbalance and ending up playing less and less.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2021-01-02 at 03:33 AM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Idk if the problem is DKs are so bad, it's more probable that other Melee classes, particularly Arms, Rets and WW are way too good right now. The main reason I lean towards this perspective is because Unholy DKs are not a quick and easy kill in arena. And they probably possess the best defenses against magic of all the melee specs.
    Caster have just a as much higher representation as dks then the other meele. Meele and caster are almost balanced currently, with caster lacking a bit behind because the scaling will really kick in the better gear they get like every season and expansion.

Unholy dk are hilearious easy to kill. Ice born is a 20% dmg reduce on 3 min cooldown. Ever 1:30 minutes they can make their pet explode ( which is their whole damage) for 20% health and spam 2k healing deathstrikes. Which will make their damage drop even more.

You can now argue they are tanky vs caster with anti magic shell. Specially if they take the legendary for it. However that only works vs high burst caster which need cds to go for kills, the current meta doesn’t have such, which makes ams a lot weaker.

If you think DK representation is the issue with PvP right now, I think you're lucky that nobody is taking you so you don't have to see the actual nonsense that has been going on...
    SorryNotSorry

Caster have just a as much higher representation as dks then the other meele. Meele and caster are almost balanced currently, with caster lacking a bit behind because the scaling will really kick in the better gear they get like every season and expansion.

Unholy dk are hilearious easy to kill. Ice born is a 20% dmg reduce on 3 min cooldown. Ever 1:30 minutes they can make their pet explode ( which is their whole damage) for 20% health and spam 2k healing deathstrikes. Which will make their damage drop even more.

You can now argue they are tanky vs caster with anti magic shell. Specially if they take the legendary for it. However that only works vs high burst caster which need cds to go for kills, the current meta doesn’t have such, which makes ams a lot weaker.
    ??

A lot of caster comps are burst based, particularly fire mage, but also things like balance and destro.

They are tanky vs. any given caster, not opinion, fact. Plus, they have consistent uptime which isn't difficult (perhaps Mage and Druids being exceptions), they can Death Strike to their heart's delight. As far as Balance is concerned, there is NO balance in WOW pvp. The term balance merely exists so arena asshats can fool themselves into believing they are skilled and not simply OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Their was another post where a guy told me I was a pve carebear, I went into arena and got 1800 because he couldnt get past 1600 - even though he was a 2200 player supposedly.

This fast paced pvp gameplay is much different from the end of Bfa.. you have to play with people you dont mind losing with to win in the end.

People keep having issues because they lose one game and rage quit.. if a piece of trash like me can get 1800, anyone can do anything..

Keep up the good work and youll be successful

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    ??

A lot of caster comps are burst based, particularly fire mage, but also things like balance and destro.
    Destro is even worse then dk currently.

Balance is playing tanky rot comps / or just goes for anything tanky as they can’t be focused by meele in most scenarios

Fire mage plays with rogue which get set ups through rogues.

However any comp with shadow / affliction / boomy is far more dominating through their strong split pressure over time with Druid heals being rather low on the tier list who can usually compat such comps. No healer can handle multiple 2-5k dot ticks on 3 targets

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    They are tanky vs. any given caster, not opinion, fact. Plus, they have consistent uptime which isn't difficult (perhaps Mage and Druids being exceptions), they can Death Strike to their heart's delight. As far as Balance is concerned, there is NO balance in WOW pvp. The term balance merely exists so arena asshats can fool themselves into believing they are skilled and not simply OP.
    Wow pvp is about arena. Can’t change that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Their was another post where a guy told me I was a pve carebear, I went into arena and got 1800 because he couldnt get past 1600 - even though he was a 2200 player supposedly.

This fast paced pvp gameplay is much different from the end of Bfa.. you have to play with people you dont mind losing with to win in the end.

People keep having issues because they lose one game and rage quit.. if a piece of trash like me can get 1800, anyone can do anything..

Keep up the good work and youll be successful
    I am not complaining about not getting rating. I will push no matter what. I probably won’t go for gladiator or anything if my class isn’t top tier, but that’s not the issue.

The issue is that because of the current lack of balance dk , a whole class can’t find random groups to even take them. Even if Iam at 1,8 people who are 1,6 don’t want you.

A healer I pushed 2.3 with in the past straight up told me to reroll or don’t bother him until dk is playable. It’s annoying and even more since blizzard doesn’t seem to care

Sub rogue = 973
    RET Paladin = 761
    Protection paladin = 179

Well.
    You have to combine both DK specs into a singular number
    Windwalker is the ONLY monk dps spec
    Arms is the only viable PVP spec for warrior (fury is terrible)
    Dk's can run frost OR unholy, so you're looking at 319 DK's above 1800
    a lower number? sure
    but numbers don't prove anything
    it's a false equivalency to assume that because they aren't a high pop then they are bad

Just because Warrior/Ret/WW are S++ tier, doesn't automatically mean a DK (frost or unholy) is "unplayable" it just means they are not as good

If one person has $1,000,000 and another person has $900,000 then it doesn't mean the person with $900,000 is "poor" it just means they are "don't have as much money as the other person"

stop making false equivalencies

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose221 View Post
    Well.
    You have to combine both DK specs into a singular number
    Windwalker is the ONLY monk dps spec
    Arms is the only viable PVP spec for warrior (fury is terrible)
    Dk's can run frost OR unholy, so you're looking at 319 DK's above 1800
    a lower number? sure
    but numbers don't prove anything
    it's a false equivalency to assume that because they aren't a high pop then they are bad

Just because Warrior/Ret/WW are S++ tier, doesn't automatically mean a DK (frost or unholy) is "unplayable" it just means they are not as good

If one person has $1,000,000 and another person has $900,000 then it doesn't mean the person with $900,000 is "poor" it just means they are "don't have as much money as the other person"

stop making false equivalencies
    Can you play frost and unholy at the same time ? No then let’s keep them separated. Specially as both are played differently. With frost trying to be a burst spec and unholy rather go for long term pressure.

And warrior atleast can choose to play a specc which is wanted. If they choose furry over arms it’s their fault. Dks don’t have That Luxus. And your comparison is bad.

You should make it rather like :

If one person has 1.000.000 to invest and one 100.000. why would you choose the 100.000 over the Million ? Because one person was able to get rich from it while most other get rather rich by choosing the 1.000.000

Edit: also what happend to the dk populations then if it isn’t because they are bad ? Everyone was hyped for 2H frost and now 4/5 of the dk player stopped playing randomly ?