The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    MSM reporting that it was Pence that ordered the national guard deployed. And a wildly unprecedented day continues to get wilder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I'd wish the US would take a page out of the movie Inglorious Bastards and carve MAGA on the forhead of everyone who went to the nations and state capitols.
    I mean, they already wear MAGA on their foreheads willingly...

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    The GOP is dead. They can't come back from this. They are going to have to reform or they will never win another presidency, not with what has happened today and with yesterday's runoffs.
    Never believe the GOP is dead. Seats lost in Congress? Did you see the margins in GA? You see the rioters? That's not a a dead party. A fallacy too often cared by Dems and how the GOP manages to weasel its way back into power. The clowns aren't going to lie down just because they lost a few elections, especially when Democratic majority is slim in the House and and shaky legs in the Senate.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Magicalcrab View Post
    That's what people have been saying for four years.
    Unfortunately, the problem isn't with the GOP or with Trump, ultimately. It's the voters that're the problem.

I'm at a bit of a loss on how to properly fight fascism once it's set its roots in the populace.
    Easy. Find the fascists and hang them. That scares them back for another ~50 yerars. It's like burning weeds in your garden. Do befor they become a problem.

The only good thing here is that there is no way that Trump will ever be re-elected. It's over. His legacy is cemented. One of the, if not THE, worst president the USA ever had to endure.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I'd wish the US would take a page out of the movie Inglorious Bastards and carve MAGA on the forhead of everyone who went to the nations and state capitols.
    If they did, that shit would probably become some kind of religious symbol. They would start carving it into their children's head and then start saying that are being oppressed when the government tries to stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I mean, they already wear MAGA on their foreheads willingly...
    Nah. You can take off a uniform. Some stains shouldn't wash out.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Isn't this a massive security failure? How the fuck was this allowed to happen?
    They are white... it wasn't a "security failure" it is a feature of law enforcement.

Police were taking SELFIES they let them through.

They are being treated with kid gloves, while peaceful protesters who aren't storming capitol hill and laying down PIPEBOMBS are being beaten, shot, gassed so trump can hold a fucking bible upside down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Never believe the GOP is dead. Seats lost in Congress? Did you see the margins in GA? You see the rioters? That's not a a dead party. A fallacy too often cared by Dems and how the GOP manages to weasel its way back into power. The clowns aren't going to lie down just because they lost a few elections, especially when Democratic majority is slim in the House and and shaky legs in the Senate.
    Indeed.

What I saw was a party at the absolute fucking peak of motivation with considerable gerrymandering and voter suppression in its favor still unable to hold either the Presidency or the Senate.

You're not reading the results correctly. These folks aren't in love with the GOP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I dont believe anyone knew a coup was coming. A protest outside, sure. Just not this
    They knew... because they said it. Fucking RUdy said there would be a trial by combat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalcrab View Post
    That's what people have been saying for four years.
    Unfortunately, the problem isn't with the GOP or with Trump, ultimately. It's the voters that're the problem.

I'm at a bit of a loss on how to properly fight fascism once it's set its roots in the populace.
    For sure

The fight is not to change back into it was but to end what it has been for far too long.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    It's a bit different now that we're in the aftermath. The GOP was held together with duct tape for 2016, but it's fractured currently. The Trump base is a separate but much bigger problem, yes. However the current GOP cannot come together anymore. Not under Trump, and not back to where it was.
    I think you underestimate how quickly people who are naturally authoritarian (read: conservatives) fall in line. I hope you're right, but I can't see it from where I'm sitting.
    Republicans have historically had approximately zero shame and zero sense of hypocrisy. Being caught red-handed, or contradicting yourself, or just embarrassing yourself on a national stage doesn't seem to matter when it comes to the GOP.
    It didn't matter before Trump, and I have a feeling it won't matter after Trump either.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    They knew... because they said it. Fucking RUdy said there would be a trial by combat
    These right wingers pour gas on a fire and are shocked that the fire is burning out of control.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree with you on this. 75,000,000 people voted for Trump, and the GOP. I don't see the GOP dying, perhaps shedding some unwanted membership, but still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    If Rudy doesn't get put in chains for this there's something wrong with America.

That wasn't "First amendment speech." that was incitement towards violence.

Trump said last July he'd prosecute protesters who vandalized federal buildings. Today he tells armed terrorists who invaded our Capitol, “We love you — you’re very special.” Depends on whether you're seeking racial justice or a Trump dictatorship.
    https://twitter.com/RBReich/status/1...118055938?s=19

Oh Snap! Remember this. Guess a lot Trumpers are going to jail.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I wish death on no-one, even traitors. Shame she passed, deserved to live a long healthy life in a 6x8 room in ADX Florence.
    You do realize that we do not know yet who she was...?
    I suggest you stop throwing that word around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did you see the margins in GA?
    This argument is kinda BS. They flipped GA blue for the first time since '92. It may be narrow but the GoP lost a shitload of ground there.

Certainly wouldn't underestimate the GOP's roach-like capacity to survive, but this election and the aftermath are not good for them. This is an act of desperation not strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/RBReich/status/1...118055938?s=19

Oh Snap! Remember this. Guess a lot Trumpers are going to jail.
    Mass pardons incoming.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Mass pardons incoming.
    Assuming they get arrested and charged before the 20th