Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Or if you spent a few seconds research you'd realise BLM protests were infiltrated by the same scumfucks that committed terrorism at the capitol yesterday. It was these people that did the rioting, burning, looting, attacking bystanders in the summer.
    Naw clearly giant piles of bricks magicly appear normally and werent dropped off by rednecks in pickup trucks hoping to incite riots.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Or if you spent a few seconds research you'd realise BLM protests were infiltrated by the same scumfucks that committed terrorism at the capitol yesterday. It was these people that did the rioting, burning, looting, attacking bystanders in the summer.
    There's also the numerous instances where you can clearly see that police incited violence.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now that democrats have congress and house and presidency, it is the best time to abolish electoral college voting system, once and for all. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    Now that democrats have congress and house and presidency, it is the best time to abolish electoral college voting system, once and for all. Just saying.
    Doing that requires getting 38 states to agree to it and Democrats do not control 38 states.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Doing that requires getting 38 states to agree to it and Democrats do not control 38 states.
    Well, not quite familiar with all the details in US constitution; can it be done via referendum?

10+ Year Old Account
    It certainly is, and is my pie-in-the-sky wish.

Unfortunately, it’d probably require an amendment to replace the electoral college, meaning two thirds of the house and senate would have to approve and then three-fourths of the states would have to sign it into law.

I don’t think the democrats have that kind of power yet, especially because the GOP knows that they’d be sunk at ever regaining the presidency should such an amendment ever pass. So they’d fight it tooth and nail.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    There is a way around it without the need of 38 states. they just need enough states to make up 270 electoral votes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...rstate_Compact

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, not quite familiar with all the details in US constitution; can it be done via referendum?
    No, but the Electoral College would be a moot thing if enough states joined the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact.

EDIT: Beat me to it, lol.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

That would take an amendment which probably should be started but is unlikely to be put into place any time soon but it is time to start that process. First step though make DC a state. They deserve it and it basically would give the dems instantly 2 more senators and some reps.

Not really. They have the House by 11 right now, and the Senate by +1, and that's assuming nobody breaks ranks.

Nobody better think this means suddenly Democrats can enact a progressive wishlist, they're barely hanging onto Congress by their fingernails.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    That would take an amendment which probably should be started but is unlikely to be put into place any time soon but it is time to start that process. First step though make DC a state. They deserve it and it basically would give the dems instantly 2 more senators and some reps.
    I wonder why you have not done this yet!

As an outsider, things I think you need to fix in US to avoid trump-like cults are these:

- Electoral college
    - Education system
    - Freedom speech. This is to prevent bullshit spewing by Fox and others. At least change it like anyone makes a claim on public broadcast needs to prove it, or will be fined!
    - And finally, make some minimum bare qualification requirements for the nighest office in your country!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not really. They have the House by 11 right now, and the Senate by +1, and that's assuming nobody breaks ranks.

Nobody better think this means suddenly Democrats can enact a progressive wishlist, they're barely hanging onto Congress by their fingernails.
    But it does mean that they can do far more than usual. And it does mean that they ought to press their advantage. Because the Republicans will press theirs when they get it back. And the Democrats also really need to work on getting their shit together and acting as a party.

"Barely hanging on" does not mean they should play it safe. They need to leverage their advantage to demonstrate that they are the superior governing party. That is the only way they will continue to hold their advantage.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I wonder why you have not done this yet!

As an outsider, things I think you need to fix in US to avoid trump-like cults are these:

- Electoral college
    - Education system
    - Freedom speech. This is to prevent bullshit spewing by Fox and others. At least change it like anyone makes a claim on public broadcast needs to prove it, or will be fined!
    - And finally, make some minimum bare qualification requirements for the nighest office in your country!!
    Because an amendment needs 2/3rds majority in both houses of Congress or by being passed by 2/3rds majority of the states. You have a better chance to have a year long blizzard in hell before you would get 2/3 majority in either house of Congress to amend the Constitution to abolish the Electoral College. Pretty much every person with an R next to their name in Congress is in power thanks to the Electoral College.

LOL, was reading through a twitter post and one of my recommended posts was from Brian Stelter of CNN.

Apparently Simon and Schuster has decided to cancel Senator Josh Hawley's book that was titled "The Tyranny of Big Tech". I won't be surprised if he finds another publisher, but that is just FUCKING FUNNY, that his bullshit has consequences.

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/sta...13804334522372

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Apparently Simon and Schuster has decided to cancel Senator Josh Hawley's book that was titled "The Tyranny of Big Tech". I won't be surprised if he finds another publisher, but that is just FUCKING FUNNY, that his bullshit has consequences.
    I'm sure there will be cries of censorship over that. Without the slightest bit of self-awareness that it came as a result of the degenerates in the capitol attempting to silence the voices of the people who voted Trump out of office.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I'm sure there will be cries of censorship over that. Without the slightest bit of self-awareness that it came as a result of the degenerates in the capitol attempting to silence the voices of the people who voted Trump out of office.
    Yep, there are tons of things that that need to be cancelled including every single one of those morons that went into that building yesterday, cancelling their jobs, throwing them off their leases for rent, and throw them in jail. Same should be said about the people that instigated these riots like Trump, and Hawley, and Cruz, and everyone that spoke yesterday before this riot started.

Could people in the US stop spreading every conspiracy based on the flimsiest evidence? (There might have been a few and as always some people who didn't care about anything but destruction, there were also attacks on the BLM; but to claim that all or the majority of the unrest earlier was due to infiltrators has no real evidence.)

That mindset is the same mindset that cause people to believe that the election was rigged.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Could people in the US stop spreading every conspiracy based on the flimsiest evidence? (There might have been a few and as always some people who didn't care about anything but destruction, there were also attacks on the BLM; but to claim that all or the majority of the unrest earlier was due to infiltrators has no real evidence.)

That mindset is the same mindset that cause people to believe that the election was rigged.
    The inciting incidents (the Auto Zone vandalism, and the burning of the Minneapolis police precinct, in Minneapolis) were definitively linked to far right infiltrators though.

And of the "19 murders," at least 2 were done by a Boogaloo Boy, another was done by a Pinkerton security guard after a Trump voter went for the bear mace (don't know what happened to that one), and most of them were by looters and thugs using the protests as cover. I'd actually love some follow up on what far right people count as the "19 murders" - they tend to count David Dorn, killed by looters well away from a peaceful BLM protest, but not, say, the Louisville man killed by police for serving food to protesters after curfew.

But then there's the thousands of people maimed, many permanently, by the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Violence View Post
    I'm already sensing the excuses coming as to why they suddenly stopped pushing all those progressive bills they've been passing in the House the past 4 years.

"Uh, progressive bills pushed by us in the House? What bills? Who are you?"
    Rochana making predictions. looks like I'll be updating my sig. Love how Biden being president makes you.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post

The worst part about Trump's campaign and 4 years is that he really empowered the Trumpster's mindset of "if I don't like it, it's not real". I'm more than aware that there are bias and potential misinformation, but that's why you get closer to the truth by comparing notes with everyone. The pattern below gets very tiring
    A: "cites a conspiracy theory"
    B: "can you please provide evidence"
    A: "it's everywhere you just need to look. I'm not going to do your work for you"

??????
    Last edited by david0925; 2021-01-08 at 11:10 AM.