Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Normal logs just have more data than Heroic and Mythic and aren't skewed by class perception.
    But the people who can actually play the class aren't logging normal lol.

It's within a standard deviation of where it should be.
    No, it's not. You are saying that there's an 8% buff to Fury, when that is factually incorrect. Same with Assassination. Fury and Assassination had their abilities increased by 8%, excluding Bladestorm and Dragon Roar for Fury.

For Fury, over 10% of their damage is autoattack damage, 3-6% of their damage is Dragon Roar, and an additional 4-7% of their damage comes from trinkets and consumables. None of those are getting the 8% buff.

For Assassination, over 15% of their damage comes from auto attacks, and another 8-10% comes from trinkets and consumables, again, not gaining the 8% buff.

This means that your calculation is incorrect on a base level.

Clearly have no idea what they are doing. This is a joke right? EARLY APRIL FOOLS RIGHT?

Holy shit.

Fury Warrior needs more then 8%. that comes to about 360 dps for my 208 ilvl fury war. which does about 200 dps more then my 180ilvl combat rogue.

Also Fury needs way more then just that damage, they need some added utility to make them worth bringing to a M+. Can you bring back shockwave for fuk sake? Only melee class in the game with no baseline stun. cmon man

Normal logs just have more data than Heroic and Mythic and aren't skewed by class perception.
    Normal logs are based on tunnel vision. You might as well just sim the specs on target dummies. If you want to include how the spec interacts with mechanics (which is important when assessing performance) then you have to look at least at heroic encounters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Missing "Mistweaver: All healing spells' mana cost reduced by 50%"
    You clearly need to learn how to play mistweaver if you go oom.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Glad they finally started to look at assassination and frost, though I had hoped they would also take a good look at some of the covenants as well..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    The way scaling works will probably make BM the preferred Hunter spec mid to late xpac.
    Legion all over again!!

Imagine buffing offspecs for classes who already have T1 dps specs... meanwhile DH does more damage as tank than dps. Blizzard 101.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine buffing offspecs for classes who have S class dps specs in all content... meanwhile DH does more dps in tank spec than havoc. N1 blizzard you special.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine buffing offspecs for classes who have S class dps specs in all content... meanwhile DH does more dps in tank spec than havoc. N1 blizzard you special.

I'm glad for the 8% more on abilities for fury, maybe won't be enough to make the spec great but it at least won't be a disappointment in a raid setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultratron View Post
    Imagine buffing offspecs for classes who already have T1 dps specs... meanwhile DH does more damage as tank than dps. Blizzard 101.
    In 2021 no one really cares about that kind of thinking. Lots of less hardcore people play the spec, not the class. The arguments about having multiple dps specs on one class meaning a specific one shouldn't be buffed seem kinda stupid
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Nice buffs to Fury, but I really have to wonder why in the blazes they nerfed Meat Cleaver of all things. Nobody is using it as it is.
    I must be the only one using it along with ww legendary (shocker, but the burst aoe is real ^^). This nerf annoys me. All in all ww is still increase by 8% though.

Quote Originally Posted by TbouncerT View Post
    Was the Frost DK change due to 2 1H was out performing 2H? Does this "buff" make it so that 2H is the route to go now for Frost?
    its the same shit that happens again like it was before legion

you know when the dk frost became a real dps spec ? when blizzard removed the 2hand weapon from them

its the same thing that happens here, they will lost the 2 next years "balancing" between 2hand and dual and the spec will stay on the bottom

They said this is a work in progress so I expect some further fine tuning. I really hope they address frost mage's talent issues (glacial spike being -1% dps, and ray of frost only +3% dps where thermal void is +25%). Hopefully they tune talents to be remotely competitive instead of being extreme 25% dps swings.

Ppl will complain nonstop if they nerf some of the OP specs so I think instead they should be more liberal with the buffs. Survival, BM, and destruction almost certainly need some buffs too. Holy priest and prot warriors also need some love.

I do agree with what some others have said, these buffs def wont make any of these specs competitive, they just wont be meme tier. Hopefully they do a bit of a closer look into the specs instead of just blindly slapping % increases on them. Things like talents and legendaries are horribly unbalanaced for some of these low tier specs.

Also covenant abilities need a balance pass. I thought bliz said they were very concerned with cov ability balance cuz they didn't want ppl to feel like they made an objectivly bad decision. Well some of these abilities def need some work to hit that mark. Cool looking abilities like impending doom being so bad makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    I must be the only one using it along with ww legendary (shocker, but the burst aoe is real ^^). This nerf annoys me. All in all ww is still increase by 8% though.
    Your burst AoE is good, but running Bladestorm with Signet is barely less effective, and much better in ST which is also useful in M+ and the Sun King encounter (basically the only two spots where you need AoE as of this writing). I'll still commend you on at last trying a different build, and still have no idea why they even nerfed Meat Cleaver in the first place.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Zader666 View Post
    So nothing for Boomkin or priest ? wtf is those hotfix ? Nothing for pvp for sure.
    you missed the podtender nerfs, they were still able to hold the flag with the team on top of them while in it

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    you missed the podtender nerfs, they were still able to hold the flag with the team on top of them while in it
    Yes. 100% fuck DH tanks with podtender.

So let me get this straight, they're buffing Monk which is currently already a Meta spec? And for Fury, they're buffing the damage by 8% but nerfing meatcleaver, despite that nobody uses it because it's the weakest talent on that row? Well Ok then. I can definitely drop any hopes for sanity in the future.

The buffs for Fury are sad, it's still gonna be terrible on single target but they actively avoided giving it AOE dps gains.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-01-09 at 05:01 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Yeah, no, you're not using the correct metric.

Who made up this shit. It seems fake as hell...lol. Straight Trash
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Glad to know Blizzard things BM hunter is just fine

BM Hunters need more love again. They also suck in Torghast, literally all anima power are garbage for Hunters, trap range and movement speed, where others have rofelcopter powers. Resto druids also need some buffs.

well he just looks like a big urukhai from lord of the rings. Meaning somewhat mongoloid looking. Not really badass by any means. Try again blizzard