Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Do you think they'd rework servers just for a demo release or something?

It's not like servers crashing or having issues is anything new or unique or a specific company, everyone's had issues with it at some point.
    Didn't even crash, just had a good amount of lag for awhile which both PSN and XBL stores have with a major release as well. When it comes to Nintendo online services this is so far down the list of things to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Do you think they'd rework servers just for a demo release or something?

It's not like servers crashing or having issues is anything new or unique or a specific company, everyone's had issues with it at some point.
    No i'm just surprised it didnt happen with animal crossing during a lockdown during a global pandemic.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Looks like the Monster Hunter demo crashed the whole eshop. Who would have guessed the only IP that sold on the 3ds in numbers comparable to pokemon and animal crossing and the first release after the most successful worldwide monhun outing would have a lot of people interested? not nintendo i guess.
    Sounds like it was just because of so many people downloading it at once. Nintendo needs to get their shit together when it comes to their networking infrastructure. For one, consoles should have regional servers to access, just like most other companies do. It takes the load off and removes the need for a singular and extremely large host that people pull from.

Nintendo just leaves me uninterested for a few months and then drop something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yboi02C_j74

Wow. I don't think I've been this hyped about a Mario game in a while. Odyssey was a goat for the entire gen, but I think I'm even more hyped about this one than a theoretical Odyssey 2. Must, MUST play here for me. Oh Nintendo, you keep being you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Nintendo just leaves me uninterested for a few months and then drop something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yboi02C_j74

Wow. I don't think I've been this hyped about a Mario game in a while. Odyssey was a goat for the entire gen, but I think I'm even more hyped about this one than a theoretical Odyssey 2. Must, MUST play here for me. Oh Nintendo, you keep being you.
    If you never played 3D world it’s a great entry. The 4 player version got a ton of playtime for me and was great fun. Fighting for the crown was a blast.

I’m not sure what to make of the new stuff. Is Jr playable? It seems like he follows Mario at one point and another he seems independent. If he’s added to the roster as playable for the full game that would be awesome. It does seem this is an odyssey style world and not a 3D world style world (open ended versus timed with a flag etc, single player vs all 4).

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    If you never played 3D world it’s a great entry. The 4 player version got a ton of playtime for me and was great fun. Fighting for the crown was a blast.

I’m not sure what to make of the new stuff. Is Jr playable? It seems like he follows Mario at one point and another he seems independent. If he’s added to the roster as playable for the full game that would be awesome. It does seem this is an odyssey style world and not a 3D world style world (open ended versus timed with a flag etc, single player vs all 4).
    It looks like both. Exploration of Odyssey style combined with power ups style of 3D World. I also would bet Bowser Jr is playable by the 2nd player in couch coop. This game needs a longer trailer or a direct though, Bowser's Fury looks like it could be a 2 hour addon or an entire game sandwiched onto 3D World hard to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It looks like both. Exploration of Odyssey style combined with power ups style of 3D World. I also would bet Bowser Jr is playable by the 2nd player in couch coop. This game needs a longer trailer or a direct though, Bowser's Fury looks like it could be a 2 hour addon or an entire game sandwiched onto 3D World hard to tell.
    It seems like a one mid size to big Odyssey style map (even the Cat -token collecting animation is taken from Odyssey's moon collecting).

So, this video with New Pokemon Snaps release date was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    So, this video with New Pokemon Snaps release date was released.

Amazing how much better and lifelike this game is than the mainline games. This is what the wildareas should have been.

If GF is smart, they'll start gen 9 with at least this level of quality. I'm talking wild area for the entire game.

I would like to ask if it is worth to buy switch mainly for zelda, mario and maybe pokemon and animal crossing? Something like fun, casual play - the price is step for only handfull of games (lite version is out of the question, dont like the small screen). I know switch got some amazing games (mainly those i listed) but is there other quality games (not ports from pc, i have one already).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    I would like to ask if it is worth to buy switch mainly for zelda, mario and maybe pokemon and animal crossing? Something like fun, casual play - the price is step for only handfull of games (lite version is out of the question, dont like the small screen). I know switch got some amazing games (mainly those i listed) but is there other quality games (not ports from pc, i have one already).
    Sure. A lot of people play the exclusives on the Switch and nothing else. Myself for example. Just note some of those titles listed go a long time between new games. But you had a big enough variety that you should be good for a new game or two semi-frequently.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Amazing how much better and lifelike this game is than the mainline games. This is what the wildareas should have been.

If GF is smart, they'll start gen 9 with at least this level of quality. I'm talking wild area for the entire game.
    Because its developed by Bandai Namco, not Gamefreak. Don't expect shit from gamefreak with gen 9.

Gamefreak dont have to do anything and people will still buy their pokemon games....twice. Because of 90s nostalgia and pokemon being mega popular.

Its let them coast for over 20 years. If they were interested in changing up the formula they would have done it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Sure. A lot of people play the exclusives on the Switch and nothing else. Myself for example. Just note some of those titles listed go a long time between new games. But you had a big enough variety that you should be good for a new game or two semi-frequently.
    I did not play any nintendo title or had any nintendo console since childhood, when i played first and second mario on the classic nes. Will check the stuff out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    I did not play any nintendo title or had any nintendo console since childhood, when i played first and second mario on the classic nes. Will check the stuff out.
    Most of them are largely formulaic, if you liked them in the past, you will likely like them now. The scope or presentation is typically what changes for the most part, not the soul of the game. Those games sale by the truckload for a reason. Some of them take some risks and change things up, and other like Pokemon (see comments above) rarely take any risks and yet still hit the necessary marks to be called a great game.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    They have literally no reason to do that. The unpolished shit they fart out will sell better than Snap anyways.

do you think we will get a diamond and pearl remake for the switch before the next gen comes out?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    do you think we will get a diamond and pearl remake for the switch before the next gen comes out?
    Even numbered gens tend to be the ones where they make remakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    Yes, but it will have less content than original game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Even numbered gens tend to be the ones where they make remakes.
    Sword and shield is gen 8
    Diamond and pearl is gen 4(and is next in line for a remake)
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor