Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    jesus brady is really get his seventh? who can even stop them
    They are the worst team left of the playoff teams, so...anyone else?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chiefs and Bills both could I think. Packers can so long as they hold up to that pass rush this time around.

Basically if Bowles' defense doesn't destroy you like it did the Saints, you can out-duel Brady and that offense.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    The problem is some of those young players are due for second contracts and Brees cap hit when he is done will be pretty large as well. I don't see Taysom being a starting QB but I'd love to be proven wrong. I think Winston/Taysom/X guy could be good enough with Kamara/Thomas and that defense to make noise though. I'm also looking to see Jared Cook be gone, just frustrated me to no end this year.
    They'll lose quite a few parts, but they have such a dearth of talent that they should still be able to retain a strong enough core of key players that they can quickly rebuild. The QB situation is really the biggest question mark. It's going to be hard to replace Brees no matter who you bring in. What they have now might be enough in the short-term, but it's not a good long-term solution that you can build a team around for multiple seasons. If you keep Hill as an athlete/X-factor player with Winston/someone else as the starting QB he'll eventually want to go somewhere else to show he can be a starter (unless you suddenly go on a tear and win multiple rings with that setup), and while Winston was fine sitting behind Brees I'm sure he also would want another shot at being a starter if they went with Hill as their starting QB.

And finding your next franchise QB with where they've going to be picking next year will be pretty difficult unless they get really lucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    So here's where we stand per Albert Breer ( https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/stat...06109411274756 )

Atlanta: Arthur Smith
    Detroit: Dan Campbell*
    Houston:
    Jacksonville: Urban Meyer
    LA Chargers: Brandon Staley
    NY Jets: Robert Saleh
    Philadelphia:

So now we get to see who the two dumpster fire teams hire. Congrats Escha I think Dabol is safely staying in Buffalo.

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone check on the Chargers I think they're drunk.

https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1351011363385180165

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Must've been quite the thrill for the New Orleans quarterback to face an actual GOAT like Brady.
    It boggles my mind how the clearly better Saints lost this game, and then I remember Brady and it makes me loathe him more.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    WOW! Breaking right now the Chargers are hiring the cross-town Rams' DC as their next coach.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1351000820381265922
    Daboll ain't going to the Eggles or the Tex-ain'ts, unless he can force out Easterby and keep DeShaun. I think we may hold on to him! The Chargers hire was a pretty big surprise imo, I had heard Daboll was the leading contender. Wonder how much of this was them not wanting to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    One thing that did occur to me, though, and the only scenario with the Bucs in the Super Bowl I'd like to see.

How awesome would it be to see the Bill's win their first Super Bowl by running roughshod over the Bucs and the QB who tormented them for so long?
    This is the dream scenario, but also the nightmare scenario if we lose. Keep in mind, this is the 30th anniversary of our first Super Bowl, which was played in....you guessed it, Tampa Bay. It's fairly serendipitous....if we win it. I'd surely be on the floor the whole game risking a stroke. If we win, I'd be elated...

Otherwise my 9 year old self will come back to haunt my 39 year old self.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with any of the 4 left winning. Lots of Brady hate but i'd be ok with him getting it after all the "system qb" and "carried by belichick" talk in the off-season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I'm fine with any of the 4 left winning. Lots of Brady hate but i'd be ok with him getting it after all the "system qb" and "carried by belichick" talk in the off-season.
    Only way I'll be fine with it is if he decides to take the Peyton Manning exit afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    One thing that did occur to me, though, and the only scenario with the Bucs in the Super Bowl I'd like to see.

How awesome would it be to see the Bill's win their first Super Bowl by running roughshod over the Bucs and the QB who tormented them for so long?
    This is what I dreamed of long ago. But, as esch said, it would be the biggest insult to injury thing ever if Brady and that cheapshotting cocksucker gronk win the superbowl vs buffalo.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Any team capable of not turning it over four times.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Packers win NFC, Bills win AFC unless Mahomes plays, and is healthy. Hot take I know.

Any team capable of not turning it over four times.
    IMHO the INT in the second that ended up being down on the 3 looked like a mugged receiver. There was a block in the back on that play as well. Also a PI for taunting. But hey what do I know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    This is what I dreamed of long ago. But, as esch said, it would be the biggest insult to injury thing ever if Brady and that cheapshotting cocksucker gronk win the superbowl vs buffalo.
    I forgot about that. Fuck that elbow dropper
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/UtQGdzF.jpg[IMG]
    Last edited by xskarma; 2021-01-18 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Huge image

Absolutely gutted for the Browns. With how things turned out, that missed call looms large. Very curious how things will look with Mahomes next week. My pick before the season was the Bucs so I’m riding with them but the Bills winning it all would be very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Absolutely gutted for the Browns. With how things turned out, that missed call looms large.
    The NFL really needs to change how some calls are not reviewable by reply. I can understand not wanting to review relatively subjective things like pass interference, but leading and targeting with the helmet is pretty objective. If the NFL truly cares about player safety like it claims to, you'd think they would definitely want that to be reviewable.

The official Chiefs twitter account posted a video of the hit along with the caption "Dirty Dan loves making plays in the playoffs": https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1350916423267344389

I get that his nickname is Dirty Dan, but probably not the best choice to post a video celebrating an illegal hit and using that nickname.
    Last edited by Ursus; 2021-01-18 at 09:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    The NFL really needs to change how some calls are not reviewable by reply. I can understand not wanting to review relatively subjective things like pass interference, but leading and targeting with the helmet is pretty objective. If the NFL truly cares about player safety like it claims to, you'd think they would definitely want that to be reviewable.

The official Chiefs twitter account posted a video of the hit along with the caption "Dirty Dan loves making plays in the playoffs": https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1350916423267344389

I get that his nickname is Dirty Dan, but probably not the best choice to post a video celebrating an illegal hit and using that nickname.
    Obviously the NFL doesn't care about player safety, they do the bare minimum and only when its convenient.

Making things reviewable is pointless, they did such a terrible job with making PI reviewable you have to expect they would do the same with any penalty. Refs can't be trusted, all that would happen is teams losing timeouts on obvious calls where refs refuse to change the call anyway. Everything is subjective for them.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post

Very least "spearing" Auto first down for Cleveland. Just odd with all the money the NFL still can't get it right. Then again I still think Refs are told to make it close (holding calls) and make drama happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Pete Carroll hires Adam Gase, then I won't watch another seahawk game with him as OC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    If Pete Carroll hires Adam Gase, then I won't watch another seahawk game with him as OC.
    Then I saw this tweet and it all made sense.

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/st...70753111855108

Wilson should demand a trade if they bring in Gase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Then I saw this tweet and it all made sense.

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/st...70753111855108

Wilson should demand a trade if they bring in Gase.
    I want someone like Pep Hamilton or Doug Pederson if he wants to go down to OC again. I bet Wilson wants anyone from the chiefs or bills offensive side. Pete Carroll will probably bring in their RB strength and conditioning coach for interview.