Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Most of the time you wouldnt even get 1k doing that, you'd need to get really luck with the WQ's.

Felplague is just full of shit and always exaggerates things in blizzards favor. Notice how they mention other forms of content all of which give a near none-existant pitance of anima.

- - - Updated - - -

Correction. There WAS a draught but you solve a major part of that problem by levelings end. They say repeatedly that the draught was manufactured by Sire.
    I mean, I'm sure it's going to take a long time for anima to be freely flowing once again without concern. Right now levels are likely at "enough to get by" rather than having a surplus. Additionally, that also gives them room to increase the amount of anima you earn in future content patches and it make sense in the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    If there's new stuff being added in patches, then why does the current stuff require such ludicrous amounts of anima to acquire?
    Either that shit is supposed to last 24 months and that would explain the prices, or this shit is only supposed to last for 1 content cycle, in which case it's just way too fucking expensive.

Are you seriously too dense to see the disconnect here?
    New here?

Felplague is the local blizzard shill, like by an alarming extent. They always defend and exaggerate for blizzard and are exceptionally dishonest.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    You mean as a necrolord with tier 2 anima conductor before january 4th? Because it was a thing. Look at the picture there in the reddit post. Or google it. It was a thing.
    No, as Kirian and Night Fae. I mean, even 105 is rare now.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Most of the time you wouldnt even get 1k doing that, you'd need to get really luck with the WQ's.

Felplague is just full of shit and always exaggerates things in blizzards favor. Notice how they mention other forms of content all of which give a near none-existant pitance of anima.

- - - Updated - - -

Correction. There WAS a draught but you solve a major part of that problem by levelings end. They say repeatedly that the draught was manufactured by Sire.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont forget they still have the "bet on yourself" daily for free anima that no one else gets.
    Bet on yourself is for everyone, luckily(? debatable )! 105 anima, not sure if you have to unlock it with quests or something.

Yes, you will not get an average of 1k per day from WQs, but you will get about 700-800 averaged out per day just from WQs. Sometimes you get 1k, sometimes you get 500. There is a difference, but WQs still give you decent anima overall. I'd say it's like 5-7 wqs per day to get all the anima you can from that.

And no, that doesn't mean doing every WQ available, about only 1/5 of them give anima rewards.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    No, as Kirian and Night Fae. I mean, even 105 is rare now.
    Oh, yeah. Necros hit the jackpot. I think they should have buffed other covenants up to necros, not nerf necros, because by the time it was nerfed, they were ahead by miles.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    not really, there is usually about 1k a day from world quests alone if you wanna do them all thats 7k a week, then ontop of that ones from weekly quests, dailies, rares, treasures, bonus from warmode, pvp, M+, raid, etc.
    Apart from the when I completed Denathrius' kill followup quests, or when I deliver the weekly event quest, I have never gotten 1k in a single day.
    My average is probably around 1.5k to 2k a week at best - doing 2 raid nights, 4 to 10 M+, 2+ Torghast runs, weeklies, most callings and some pvp. Could it be higher if I cleared all anima world quests? Sure. But I'm spending my game time on the things I enjoy doing, WQs aren't really a part of that, especially to get like 1% or 2% of the anima I need for the next upgrade.

Now if anima is supposed to be a WQ only thing, I'd be fine with it. But it drops from most content, so it seems to be supposed to be obtainable by any gameplay style. It's just that raids and M+ don't reward any decent and consistent amount of anima for the time you spend in them, and Torghast gives none at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    As others have said: Canonically there's a drought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Lorewise, literally every zone is going through an anima drought, in case you weren't paying attention.
    Nonsense. We've killed Denathrius and pranced around his castle with walls full of anima containers for the taking.

Otherwise, if there's a drought why are we even allowed as players to hoard anima and spend it for pretty cosmetics?
    It's almost as if the drop rate of anima has nothing to do with lore.

Mechanically, it's designed to be something to work towards for the entirety of an expansion, which is safe to assume would be about 2 years.
    Do you have any source on that? Because I definitely wouldn't expect it to be supposed to last the entire expansions - I would expect the next patch to introduce new things to spend anima on, instead.

would it be truly out of character for these deterministic features and cosmetics to unfold over the course of the expansion?
    I suppose not, but then I would like that to be very clearly stated. If it was just cosmetics I would probably expect it to last a long time, but at least the sanctum upgrades I would expect to have a good chunk done when the next patch hits - especially when they originally seemed to be gated by the souls weekly cap, not anima.

I think for all its flaws, garrisons on WoD actually gave a better building upgrade system - more focused and deterministic.

At the current rate I will only be done with sanctum upgrades by summer 2022, and that's not counting cosmetics. I won't really care about them by then.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    In Legion and BfA AP increased because it was used to ugprade your gear with continously higher prices.

In SL Anima is purely for cosmetic items that have static prices. There's no reason at all to increase its gains, aside form maybe a couple sources which feel kind of underwhelming, such as m+
    Not quite. The sanctum upgrades all require insane amounts of anima and a lot of those upgrades are general QOL improvements, not just cosmetic.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post

Nonsense. We've killed Denathrius and pranced around his castle with walls full of anima containers for the taking.

Otherwise, if there's a drought why are we even allowed as players to hoard anima and spend it for pretty cosmetics?
    Because we're still in the launch quarter, where the story is "welcome to the shadowlands, there's an anima drought," among other opening statements. Further patches will have new beats that occur after the prancing-around-nathria stage. I'd expect changes then, and I detailed them in my own thread elsewhere. (Short version: Callings stop paying so much gold and start paying anima)

Because we're still in the launch quarter, where the story is "welcome to the shadowlands, there's an anima drought," among other opening statements. Further patches will have new beats that occur after the prancing-around-nathria stage. I'd expect changes then, and I detailed them in my own thread elsewhere. (Short version: Callings stop paying so much gold and start paying anima)
    Well following that logic we shouldn't get any loot from the raid yet either, since the story is still "welcome to the shadowlands, Denathrius stole all the anima, stop him in Castle Nathria".

Well following that logic we shouldn't get any loot from the raid yet either, since the story is still "welcome to the shadowlands, Denathrius stole all the anima, stop him in Castle Nathria".
    Except raids just drop loot as a matter of course. Come on now. I get what you're saying, but I'm also not talking crazy on this point.

This is why we have renown, no? We get more souls with renown, how about, I don't know... raise the anima income from wqs with renown as well?
    Why do you think souls are raised with renown, ilevel is raised with renown, pvp ilevel is raised with renown, but anima is not? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    This is why we have renown, no? We get more souls with renown, how about, I don't know... raise the anima income from wqs with renown as well?
    Why do you think souls are raised with renown, ilevel is raised with renown, pvp ilevel is raised with renown, but anima is not? Interesting.
    Honestly? I'm surprised this hasn't happened! My prediction exists within the observation that it has not!

I have 5k anima on all of my characters (3). I do the bare minumum of WQs and a few m+ a week. I see no need gain in upgrading my covenant features, so for me anima is collected only to do the one weekly quest for renown. Still, 5k on each character as a very casual player? I feel anima is everywhere.

Do you have any source on that? Because I definitely wouldn't expect it to be supposed to last the entire expansions - I would expect the next patch to introduce new things to spend anima on, instead.At the current rate I will only be done with sanctum upgrades by summer 2022, and that's not counting cosmetics. I won't really care about them by then.
    Deductive reasoning? If you only do the "minimum" each week, it will take a very long time to unlock everything. As per your own post below:

At the current rate I will only be done with sanctum upgrades by summer 2022, and that's not counting cosmetics.
    I'm not closed off to the possibility of new things to spend anima on, but that would also require them to gradually increase the amount of anima you gain over time, which is a very real possibility.

And I wouldn't expect unlocking everything taking the whole expansion if you did activities that rewarded anima diligently, it's just that as a default system for the expansion, it's expected to last a while. Absolutely NOT intended for players to have everything unlocked within a few months.

Except raids just drop loot as a matter of course. Come on now. I get what you're saying, but I'm also not talking crazy on this point.
    And everything drops anima as a matter of course, regardless of the drought. A drought that is frequently forgotten or remembered as is convenient, by the way. Anima as currency is a gameplay mechanic and nothing more than that. There is no causation between lore and currency drop rates.

Honestly? I'm surprised this hasn't happened! My prediction exists within the observation that it has not!
    This is not specifically for you, I'm just ranting.

I don't want to be unfair with the devs, I imagine betatesting anima income/spending was difficult. Noone on beta starts to farm anima hardcore, and that's fair. But then don't they have like a simulation where they count daily anima income for players that can play wow non stop and WANT to do each and every wq, then simulate someone who can sit around all day but only does some of them (maybe for the callings only), and then simulate someone who can log only daily once, etc? Get the number and see just how much time would it take for these players to upgrade buildings (maybe thinkign about alts/very casuals upgrading the sanctum gear) and maybe buy one mount and see the disparities between groups of players? They can simulate this (I'm sure if someone wanted, they could simulate it right now from outside the game with logging all anima wqs each day for a week etcetc). Who is this tuned for with a somewhat satisfactory progress?
    Last edited by Lei; 2021-01-18 at 10:25 AM.

Deductive reasoning? If you only do the "minimum" each week, it will take a very long time to unlock everything.
    Except the things I listed are very evidently not the "minimum".

My whole point is that the system is lopsided and unclear.

You have a weekly timegate from the souls, which seemed the limiting factor at the start. But with renown, you greatly increase how many souls you can get each week, while anima income remains very low.

You have a currency that drops from most of the content. WQs, rares, treasures, dungeons, M+, raids, pvp, which suggests it's a currency that's supposed to come naturally just from playing the game. But if your main gameplay is dungeons, raids and torghast, you barely get enough to do the weekly 1k anima quest.

it's just that as a default system for the expansion, it's expected to last a while. Absolutely NOT intended for players to have everything unlocked within a few months.
    Source? And also a source where they state that it's intended not only to last for many months, but specifically that it's supposed to be much faster for those who grind world quests.

Even if it's intended, doesn't mean it isn't bad for some players
    And I didn't say we should have everything unlocked by now, either. I'm just saying if it's intended to be a natural reward from all endgame gameplay, it's ridiculous that I'm basically at 10% of the upgrades when I've been playing nearly every day for almost 2 months.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2021-01-18 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    It is 100% not false, i would show example but wowheads thing doesent show the animaworld quest amount, and i have already done a fair few, so i will need to wait till tuesday for the world quest big reset to show.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, all like... 10 quests, is that really too much to ask?
    yes we must pretend we arnt talking about anima cause you said "doing all the world quests" which is untrue.

and ok? many of these world quests take like 2 minutes, and if you have good travel strategies is hilariously fast.
    like "talk to 5 people, talk to 5 other people" and "do a 20 second falling minigame" and "fly around and click 10 cocoons" and kill 10 slimes, and sneak to the end of a path.

LOLOL "the 1k is enough torture" dude on Tuesdays i finish the 1k anima quest in 15 minutes usually.

- - - Updated - - -

more if you had not done the 250 anima quest that spawned yesterday already.
    also more if you have warmode.
    for me from the leftover world quests i have yet to do yet, i can get 462, that is just from the 6 world quests leftover that drop 70 i have yet to do.

btw if yall want proof of how easy anima is to get, i got 35k anima like... i think 1 week after the raid came out? and that is with buyying building stuff, sending missions, healing minions once in awhile, etc. and no "excessive farming"

Excessive farming means- killing ALL the rares every day, looting all the treasures, doing M+ and pvp constantly.
    This is why one can't have conversations in mmo champ. The need to play dumb is tireing. Like one isn't answering to a post and is talking in a void. Suit yourself. My answer was plenty obvious.

You do know WQs spawn every 6 hours btw? It's not just do all the quests daily and you're done. You gotta come back. You gotta do that stuff all the time. It's a collosal waste of time. And no, many take way longer than 2m. Actually, i can only think of the rings one being that fast if you do it right. Those are rarities and you know it. Oh and lets not forget you have to do that 4x if you want the cosmetics from all covenants.
    Hey if you want to waste your life like that, go on ahead. No chance i will do that. I'd rather stop playing.
    Thankfully, i don't care as i hate AP grinding and no cosmetic is worth that time commitment.

But, i also know Blizz will make changes to it.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-01-18 at 12:23 PM.

For me, the issue is when anima interacts with a secondary currency. The anima conductor, for example, feels very weird because it purports to gate rewards behind grateful offerings - in truth, the anima cost if far more significant, particularly because that anima is also involved elasewhere. You will have more offerings than you can spend befor you have the anima to buy the items.
    The same appears to be happening for souls - with the recent increases to weekly souls, it is becoming anima, not souls, that block progress. You will end up with more souls than you can spend before you have your sanctum finished.
    BreweRyge: Adds a resource meter for Brewmaster brews, as if they were on a rage- or energy-type system.
    Hidden Artifact Tracker: Adds your progress on unlocking the extra tints for your hidden artifact appearance to the item tooltip.