10+ Year Old Account
    In the ongoing effort to prove they're the party of Law and Order, Trump supporters set fire to Washington DC and the Capitol immediately goes into lockdown.

This is terrorism. This is textbook terrorism. Trump supporters, this is your fault. You enabled this. You wanted this. At least some Republicans like @Skroe bailed when they saw what was going on. Anyone who didn't is now part of a terrorist cult.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    In the ongoing effort to prove they're the party of Law and Order, Trump supporters set fire to Washington DC and the Capitol immediately goes into lockdown.

This is terrorism. This is textbook terrorism. Trump supporters, this is your fault. You enabled this. You wanted this. At least some Republicans like @Skroe bailed when they saw what was going on. Anyone who didn't is now part of a terrorist cult.
    This does not appear to be started by Trumpster,it was in a homeless encampment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    This does not appear to be started by Trumpster,it was in a homeless encampment.
    I'll wait. The odds are in my favor at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    he most likely will pardon the domestic terrorists at capitol hill.
    Doubtful. He has definitely been told those pardons would be used against him in court.

There is also no criminal statute that I can think of -- @cubby help? -- that would let Trump be prosecuted for issuing pardons to his co-conspirators.
    It'd be evidence for his support of 1/6.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Considering he's been collecting money from those asking for pardons, the silver lining is that there's a high chance the pardons can be judged as corrupt and dismissed.
    AFAIK, the pardons would stand. There's no provision anywhere that says they wouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

I'll wait. The odds are in my favor at this point.
    From the news article that you linked, it says this.

A law enforcement official told NBC News that what turned out to be a fire at a homeless encampment prompted the security alert.
    Granted, it could have been a misdirection but until further information comes out, this is what I'm going by.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Well, Trump finally came through for infrastructure week. He is building a garden with a whole mess of statues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Granted, it could have been a misdirection but until further information comes out, this is what I'm going by.
    That's fair. I'm sticking with my conclusion -- there's clearly enough evidence to support "Trump supporters set fire to homeless camp just to start some shit" is a reasonable one.

- - - Updated - - -

this list is an adventure
    This list is a distraction. Trump doesn't get to weasel his way out of "slightly more popular than Nixon" by suddenly creating a national park with 24 hours left to "live".

That's fair. I'm sticking with my conclusion -- there's clearly enough evidence to support "Trump supporters set fire to homeless camp just to start some shit" is a reasonable one.

- - - Updated - - -

This list is a distraction. Trump doesn't get to weasel his way out of "slightly more popular than Nixon" by suddenly creating a national park with 24 hours left to "live".
    Honestly, I don't believe for a second he made that list though. Not enough modern day celebrities and doesn't have him in it either. Everybody knows damn well that he would have a huge statue of himself front and center.

10+ Year Old Account
    Capitol riot exposed flaws of Trump's DHS, focused on immigration and not extremists, ex-officials say

And then an angry mob of white supremacists stormed the Capitol building. True story!

"They tend to be younger, with not as much experience. They don't have the incidents under their belts to know the proper protocols. So many protocols were not followed" on Jan. 6, said Elizabeth Neumann, who was deputy chief of staff at the Department of Homeland Security, or DHS, until April.

Instead, as armed rioters overtook police and moved into the Capitol, armed agents from DHS, an agency expressly designed to prevent another terrorist incident like the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, stood inside a nearby building waiting for a command to deploy that never came. There is also no indication that DHS shared any intelligence with its state and local partners or with U.S. Capitol Police before Jan. 6 that would have indicated that the protests could turn into a riot.

DHS also failed to designate the day of President Donald Trump's rally in Washington as a National Special Security Event, as it has now done with the week leading up to President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration Wednesday. If it had done so, on Jan. 6 the Secret Service would have been able to coordinate with the National Guard and DHS' law enforcement agencies, including the Transportation Security Administration, Customs and Border Protection and Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

But it was the four years of inadequately monitoring and communicating the rising threat of right-wing domestic extremists that ultimately led to DHS' failure to prevent the events at the Capitol, the former DHS officials said.
    Normally we'd ask sarcastically "Gee, why would Trump try to redirect attention away from alt-right terrorists?" But that stopped being funny when Trump personally incited a murderous insurrection.

Trump is a national security risk. For about 46 more hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Honestly, I don't believe for a second he made that list though
    I agree with you on every name...except one.

I believe he insisted Andrew Jackson be on it. Honestly, that's a sign of progress -- he actually read something shoved under his tiny hands before grabbing a Sharpie to sign it.

Too little, too late, wrong reason.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Trump's entire Residency has been a distraction. Apparently there are about 100 pardons that came out today - which we've already seen reported. However, people still close to him (both of them) are saying that many more people that might have been on that list will not be, including himself and family members. We'll see as there is still about 48 hours to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least I only see Union generals on that list, if there are Confederates I missed them.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Why did you have to remind me of that piece of shit series... The whole thing was ruined by that "doctor" character.
    I can’t control what pops into my head.

- - - Updated - - -

Elvis... this motherfucker... wants a statue of Elvis... okay...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

Elvis... this motherfucker... wants a statue of Elvis... okay...
    hannah arendt is a bit on the fucking nose lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    reported. However, people still close to him (both of them)
    HAHAHAHAHAHA *deep breath* MUAHAHAHAHA

He has 45 hours and change to pardon his family members and himself -- possibly at 11:59 from Florida. Stop assuming Trump will do the right thing for once in his fat, fatass, fat, obese miserable life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    At least I only see Union generals on that list, if there are Confederates I missed them.
    It does have Christopher Columbus, who wasn't even American and never set foot on the continental mainland. Also Einstein, an immigrant who came to America seeking asylum.

10+ Year Old Account
    hannah arendt is a bit on the fucking nose lmao
    Took me a bit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eichma...nality_of_evil
    Arendt's book introduced the expression and concept of the banality of evil. Her thesis is that Eichmann was actually not a fanatic or a sociopath, but instead an extremely average and mundane person who relied on clichéd defenses rather than thinking for himself, was motivated by professional promotion rather than ideology, and believed in success which he considered the chief standard of "good society". Banality, in this sense, does not mean that Eichmann's actions were in any way ordinary, or even that there is a potential Eichmann in all of us, but that his actions were motivated by a sort of complacency which was wholly unexceptional. Many mid-20th century pundits were favorable to the concept.
    That explains the picture of Kant in her wiki...
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-01-18 at 07:48 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

HAHAHAHAHAHA *deep breath* MUAHAHAHAHA

He has 45 hours and change to pardon his family members and himself -- possibly at 11:59 from Florida. Stop assuming Trump will do the right thing for once in his fat, fatass, fat, obese miserable life.
    I thought the only ones close to him are Dumb(Trump Jr) and Dumber(Eric).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    It does have Christopher Columbus, who wasn't even American and never set foot on the continental mainland. Also Einstein, an immigrant who came to America seeking asylum.
    No Steve Rogers... I am sad...

Today we honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s message of hope, justice and equality.

So what's wrong. Seems like a nice message on MLK Day. Problem is this from official ICE Government Twitter. I have a feeling that MLK would have some issues with the way ICE has treated the people under their custody and arrests.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

I want you to think back over the last four years at every single time you said, wrote, or thought that statement.

What's your batting average?

Trump believes he won't face any consequences for all the damage he did to his country, his party, and the general concept of democracy. The Senate won't vote to impeach before Jan 20th and might not even convict. So, he might be right. There is also no criminal statute that I can think of -- @cubby help? -- that would let Trump be prosecuted for issuing pardons to his co-conspirators.

It's honestly not even all that stupid. I mean, look at the last four years. What's the GOP going to do? If they were going to take steps against his swamp-dwelling deplorable actions they had four years of chances. Remember when he blackmailed a country for dirt on a political rival, got caught, and they didn't care? Remember when he used said dirt and he was applauded for it?
    Listen if Chris Davis can make 161 million with a .168 batting average......
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!