Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Hate hate hated masterloot.
    Raidlead always tried to be fair and give loot to the person who needed it the most everyonw git bis and whatnot but that never really worked.
    DKP is even shittier system.
    Personal loot is fine. Stupid for world first with split raids. Yeah maybe but idgas abotu that.

And i really really despise more currencies i am forced to grind... valor points... *barf*

I like the way it is now. Loot is scarce but if you get something you feel good about it. Remember legion and bfa? Loot left and right. 20 rings in the bag becuase who knows what is best.
    I have not been happier with the loot system in a very long time.
    Yeah, I absolutely love getting a 220 ring with shit stats on it that I can’t trade to a guild member it’s better for and now I have to trade away every ring with good stats that drops because the guild member(s) that didn’t get the risky over me now get a high ilvl one. Truly amazing watching this happen. And no, it’s not just rings as it applies to matching armor types, trinkets, cloaks, and necks.
    The only thing that it does work for are weapons and that’s because it’s a token drop from the boss. As much as I hate badge ideas, it almost feels like every drop from a boss should just be a token now that you can use it a vendor to select the item you want in that slot.
    Kill Shriekwing? Here’s a token for a neck, or a cloak, or belt slot. To trade it in for the piece you want. Kill Huntsman? Here’s a token for a chest slot, or a weapon slot, etc.

I'm just gonna say it, if you played with people who would abuse master loot or start loot drama, personal loot did not fix them, they are still the same human trash, but are now harder to spot. They will still act shitty, and ultimately you will just spend more time in their company. Loot drama was the perfect bait to weed out people you don't want to play with.

I do agree with not having it in pugs though, but let the guilds choose.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You forgot the biggest +:

+ you can quit the game in a week since you'll be BiS and there's nothing left to do!
    Oh please. If you think getting no loot or very little loot will keep you running it, you are very much mistaken. Maybe SOME people, but majority will just stop since it's all the same or look for alternatives (Mythic+)

make personal loot tradable... master loot gets abused to much. either its some asshat running off with everything, or they give it to their buds.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Oh please. If you think getting no loot or very little loot will keep you running it, you are very much mistaken. Maybe SOME people, but majority will just stop since it's all the same or look for alternatives (Mythic+)
    Nice of you to speak on behalf of the majority of the playerbase my guy. Got any other anecdotal presumptions you'd like to masquerade as indisputable facts?

Quote Originally Posted by LauraHydra1 View Post
    I do remember people trying to get pushy about loot trading in early legion LFR, but obviously they had nothing to back their demands up with.
    lol what?

also, what does LFR have to do with any master loot discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    So now being the victoim of loot abusers is to be a bad player? They aren't catering to bad players. They solving the problem of loot abuse. I 'm sure you think you guuild isn't trash because you are on of the players who get loot funneled to them. Masterloot needs to stay dead as it was pure cancer.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it will kill thjose guilds. They cannot funnel gear because any piece that is a higher iLvL than what you have on is not tradeable. So, you have basically eliminated almost all loot abuse. Removing masterloot made the issue more bearable because now as it is almost non existent due to it being a lot harder to do.
    Considering I play healers, I’m at the bottom of the loot list often giving items away. Good try though.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlunie View Post
    Considering I play healers, I’m at the bottom of the loot list often giving items away. Good try though.
    Loot list is irrelevant to those who loot funnel.

Loot list is irrelevant to those who loot funnel.
    Loot funnel is an efficient way to get the most out of gear. Don’t join a guild that uses master loot.

Blizzard shouldn’t force us all to do one thing because of bad players.

Quote Originally Posted by zhimm1011 View Post
    make personal loot tradable... master loot gets abused to much. either its some asshat running off with everything, or they give it to their buds.
    Here's the problem:

If you make personal loot freely tradeable without restrictions, it then becomes the norm and "meta" that loot is still in the hands of the loot master / raid leader / whatever that role would be called.

With the ilvl restriction, at least there is the handy excuse "sorry I can't" and no one can override it no matter how much they'd like to. There can be no rule that says you will be kicked / removed / not invited next time because you refused to give your loot away.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-01-17 at 05:33 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

If their issue is new recruits being locked out of loot by ML.... then make it so that if you've been in the guild for any 1 or 2 months (or non guildie in a guild group).... you get personal loot. Everyone else could be part of ML.

I tend to join guilds ran by adults, for adults. As a result, I never experienced issues with ML during guild runs.

It was pugs that turned ML potentially toxic, but I wouldn't pug a current raid anyway so... Yeah, bring back ML, at least for guild runs.

The only thing wrong with personal loot is that 90% of the time is your loot is anima or a conduit you don't need.

Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark View Post
    It could and it did
    Absolutely not, I've played since vanilla and it has always been the case that if you switch loot mode during the fight it won't actually change until after you leave combat (and loot has already been dropped).
    Happened plenty of times that someone would notice masterloot wasn't on during the fight and the RL changes it, but the loot that drops would still be group loot and everyone had to pass.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Merlunie View Post
    Loot funnel is an efficient way to get the most out of gear. Don’t join a guild that uses master loot.

Blizzard shouldn’t force us all to do one thing because of bad players.
    Well yeah when you are on the receiving end. Don't blame Blizzard. You shouldn't have exploited it for your own gain.

Well yeah when you are on the receiving end. Don't blame Blizzard. You shouldn't have exploited it for your own gain.
    KEKW talk about catering to the lowest common denominators.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I tend to join guilds ran by adults, for adults. As a result, I never experienced issues with ML during guild runs.

It was pugs that turned ML potentially toxic, but I wouldn't pug a current raid anyway so... Yeah, bring back ML, at least for guild runs.
    Exactly what i ment. Guilds should be able to choose masterloot or not. And its up to you if you want to join the guild. No1 is forcing you to raid with a masterloot run. I see so manny comments without anny logic behind.
    Personal loot is utter shit if u want to gear up
    But it avoids loot drama so its great for pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Masterloot was awesome. Only people who's endgame is normal pugging think that masterloot sucks. It's great if you're in a real raiding guild. You can get your best people geared and the most important roles geared- like your tanks or best healers.
    Without it you can end up with some of your worst players getting some of the best gear which really makes the best gear go to waste.
    and then you have those guilds that just gear up the officer's and their friends and screw every1 else over there were many guild's like that back when master loot was a thing so no thanks
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2021-01-19 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Makes 2 of us if you only attack one side of the argument and retroactively decide you where neutral all along.

I was staying on topic. You're misrepresenting me and adding arguments to my position i wasn't making. What are you even doing?!
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I can't believe people started to praise personal loot.... You're dead to me.
    Infracted
    I agree in a raiding guild this system sux, but it's irreplaceable in random groups. Before personal loot was too many situation when was half guild run and loot from hard boss was handed out to guild members.