10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So literally every President since Washington, when leaving the WH, has made a special china collection. The White House Museum has more info, such as images of many of them.

Every President. Except for Trump.

"Why didn't Trump just put Melania on it? Sounds like something she'd do."

He did. Melania picked out colors and materials that were too expensive. Then Trump pulled the plug at some point in the last six weeks, probably throwing a tantrum over losing the election.

I think we have some prototy--

Yep, that'll do. Maybe we dodged a bullet.
    Honestly, I'm not upset by this. I want history to remember Trump as a hiccup. Nothing more.

"And after Obama we had a brief brush up against fascism and stupidity, but we got over it and elected Obama's vice president, Joe Biden, to the presidency in 2020."

No library, no commemorative plates, just move on.
    Putin khuliyo

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So literally every President since Washington, when leaving the WH, has made a special china collection. The White House Museum has more info, such as images of many of them.

He did. Melania picked out colors and materials that were too expensive. Then Trump pulled the plug at some point in the last six weeks, probably throwing a tantrum over losing the election.

You know the best part? Since they couldn't manage a set of their own, they ended up using the sets picked out by Hillary Clinton instead. There is something poetic about Trump needing to use the legacy of Hillary Clinton to impress guests.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I think the worst has come to pass when it comes to scapegoating the pandemic away from the Chinese Communist Party to Trump as China (and Iran by extension) join on social media platforms to shift attention to him in the wake of the fallout.

And it's clearly working since people can only really think and talk about Trump's failures now.
    When Trump CLEARLY failed with his response to the vaccine, it became his. Especially since that fat orange fuck didn't have ANY PLAN for the vaccine put in place, Biden has to make one from scratch.

Well, this is Melania "Who gives a fuck about Christmas Stuff?" Trump.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    When Trump CLEARLY failed with his response to the vaccine, it became his. Especially since that fat orange fuck didn't have ANY PLAN for the vaccine put in place, Biden has to make one from scratch.
    Dr.Fauci countered saying it wasn’t from scratch but I get the feeling he is saying that to cover his own ass for not standing up to trump on the vaccine issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    it will likely be. and that's not a good thing. Americans already think more about Trump in regards to the virus than remembering Xi Jinping's name.
    China is not to blame for the US' poor reaction to COVID. That blame rests squarely atop Trump's bad comb-over.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    You know the best part?
    No!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    Since they couldn't manage a set of their own, they ended up using the sets picked out by Hillary Clinton instead.
    Yes!

So remember that time Cruz tweeted something vague and made it sound like he thought the Paris Accord was run by Paris, France -- by saying Biden valued the citizens of Paris more than the citizens of Pittsburgh?

Personally I think he was misinterpreted.

But that's not what the internet thinks!

Quick question: do you also believe the Geneva Convention was about the views of the citizens of Geneva?
    -- Rep. Ocasio-Cortez

Dumbass.
    -- Rep. Tliab (yes, that was the entire quote)

We have a diverse economy that understands that #ClimateChange is real and must be addressed. Go peddle your nonsense elsewhere.
    -- Rep. Doyle (who is actually from PA)

Here we go, again…
    -- mayor of Goddam Pittsburgh

Fact-check—there are more jobs in the renewable/green industry in Allegheny County (Pittsburgh) than oil, gas & coal industries combined
    -- also mayor of Goddam Pittsburgh

Cruz doesn’t know what he’s talking about. He’s been a climate denier. He was a COVID denier. We believe in science around here. We’ll run what we need to do here, Senator, and keep your nose out of our business.
    -- Allegheny County Executive Rich Fitzgerald

So happy that USA has finally rejoined the Pittsburgh Agreement. Welcome back!
    -- Greta "stare of death" Thumberg

Go encourage a white supremacist insurrection again you fucking clown.
    -- Seth Rogen

If you’re a white supremacist fascist who doesn’t find it offensive when someone calls your wife ugly, Ted Cruz is the exact motherfucker for you.
    -- also Seth Rogen

Hey Cruz, watch this and then go fuuuuuuuck yourself you clown. (This is way more fun now that I know he’s for sure seeing my tweets)
    -- also also Seth Rogen, posting Fitzgerald's response above

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    China is not to blame for the US' poor reaction to COVID. That blame rests squarely atop Trump's bad comb-over.
    Indeed. If you get stabbed by a mugger, that's the mugger's fault. If the hospital lets you bleed to death in the waiting room by ignoring you for an hour, that's the hospital's fault.

The US has about 25% of the total COVID cases and deaths, based on most meters and the data they have. Our population is far too small to have that ratio, and somehow, it's still China's fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Dr.Fauci countered saying it wasn’t from scratch but I get the feeling he is saying that to cover his own ass for not standing up to trump on the vaccine issue.
    I disagree, but only in word if not in spirit. Fauci was hamstrung, probably was able to get some of what the USA needed but not all of it. If a student gets a 30% on a test, and I let him correct it, he's not starting from scratch, he's starting from 30%.

Biden exaggerated, but I don't think we're in hyperbole territory.

McConnell privately says he wants Trump gone as Republicans quietly lobby him to convict

Damn right I'm citing CNN. Not like any genuine posters are going to object.

I'll believe the vote count when it happens (I won't, for example, shrill FRAUD! and launch sixty lawsuits) but I do want to see McConnell's public on-the-record vote for impeaching Trump. That will tell us where on the sliding scale we are:

Trump has no power --------------------------------------------------- Trump rules with tiny iron fist

McConnell doesn't want to hurt what's left of his party. If he thinks Trump is necessary AND ALSO that Trump would actually be willing to help instead of forming his own party and attacking the Republicans AND ALSO he thinks the damage done to his party can be fixed before he dies AND ALSO he thinks he'll run again, then he'll vote not guilty. If any of those aren't true, we might see him vote guilty.

Regardless he, the other Republicans, and the other members of the Party of Trump, are going to go on the record as to whether they think instigating a murderous insurrection is something they're willing to stand behind.
    I have no problem with CNN but this is wishful thinking and incomplete reporting. There certainly IS an effort to impeach him within the GOP, and very obviously McConnell wants to convict, but there is just as much pushback that does not fit this CNN narrative. Also keep in mind that the more time passes the easier it is for GOP senators to acquit.

So when we are closing this thread. I feel its gona be a good thing to wipe Trump off most things, including this place.

https://www.propublica.org/article/g...ow-catching-up

Propublica always does good reporting, and this is a solid piece.

TLDR: There's been international pressure to try to deal with the growing threat of international white supremacist groups, however the US largely stood by in recent years as the Trump administration didn't want to go after his base.

Man I'm glad we have a president that doesn't need to appeal to white supremacists to stroke his ego, anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    So when we are closing this thread. I feel its gona be a good thing to wipe Trump off most things, including this place.
    Whenever Trump stops being a SHITSHOW, perhaps?

Which is not now, as we're still waiting on his second Impeachment trial as well as his ongoing legal battles.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling this thread will remain active through Trump's legal battles, but now that he's not the Republican party leader anymore I can see topics in that wheelhouse filtering into other threads as this one slowly dies down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once the fallout from Trump's presidency is settled most likely. "How much can Biden unfuck Trump's work" isn't as catchy as a thread title.
    It may be a while. It shall not go out quietly into the night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.propublica.org/article/g...ow-catching-up

Propublica always does good reporting, and this is a solid piece.

TLDR: There's been international pressure to try to deal with the growing threat of international white supremacist groups, however the US largely stood by in recent years as the Trump administration didn't want to go after his base.

Man I'm glad we have a president that doesn't need to appeal to white supremacists to stroke his ego, anymore.
    this piece actually annoyed alot of people on the beat. the premise of this piece (limited international cooperation on investigating far right extremism) is flat out wrong.

there was extensive cooperation between US, UK & German authorities on the SIEGE groups. This old piece is a good example of that https://www.spiegel.de/international...a-1295575.html

although i do like propublica its pretty decent.

at the rate it's going, it really looks like Trump is going to get raided by law enforcement agencies. Can he actually flee America? I'll lose all admiration for this guy if he's really a traitor.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2021-01-22 at 11:33 PM.

https://www.axios.com/trump-impeachm...272201963.html

Impeachment starts Feb 8, boys and girls.

Buckle up for what is likely to be pretty boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump won't be impeached until Feb 9. Schumer thinks Biden's Cabinet is more important.

You know what, that's fine. Trump supporters are blinded from reality and the rest of the Republican Party still seems hesistant to cut off the gangrenous limb. Vote's going to fail anyhow, proving that @YUPPIE and other Trump supporters completely back murderous insurrection.

EDIT: @Edge- !!!! (shakes fist)

EDIT: @Edge- !!!! (shakes fist)
    I am the antifun. Come at me, bro.

But please stay at least 6 feet away and wear a mask if you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I deleted all my dads Trump email yesterday... he asked to clean his mail... I cleaned his mail...

To be fair, he saw me do it and said nothing...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.axios.com/trump-impeachm...272201963.html

Impeachment starts Feb 8, boys and girls.

Buckle up for what is likely to be pretty boring.
    Boring is the new fun nowadays. I prefer boring to "Being in a plane that is in the proccess of making an emergency landing, and said plane has 2 tons of cargo in radioactive material"
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker