Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Army of the dead is an ability, not an item. There’s no way to translate pocket factory into an item.
    Sure they can. Blingtron is already like a clockwork Goblin.

My point is that the HotS abilities added to the IE teams don’t match NPC abilities.
    But they are NPC abilities regardless.

Again, Tinkers are a type of engineer. Blingtrons are not clockwork Gnomes, and they’re definitely not Clockwerk Goblins.
    They're how the WC3 ability translates into WoW since Engineering is a profession.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Sure they can. Blingtron is already like a clockwork Goblin.
    How? The only thing they have in common is that they’re both mechanical. The ability revolves around the factory producing bots, not the bots themselves.

But they are NPC abilities regardless.
    Considering they had level requirements, I would say no.

They're how the WC3 ability translates into WoW since Engineering is a profession.
    Again, the ability is pocket factory, where you drop a building that rapidly produces an army of soldier bots.

Building a gem-encrusted robot that disperses gifts isn’t in the same ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    It's already a profession though. Engineering even has subsections called Tinkers and makes Tinker's Kits.
    You person you replied to already cleared this up:
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    anyone who thinks tinker couldn't be a class just lacks imagination.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

How? The only thing they have in common is that they’re both mechanical. The ability revolves around the factory producing bots, not the bots themselves.
    The whole point of the ability is the bots. The factory wouldn't translate into WoW mechanics considering there are not pathing blocker abilities in the game. You're arguing ss though Corpse Mechanics are the focus of Animate Dead, when Army of the Dead translates the essence of it just fine.

Considering they had level requirements, I would say no.
    Sure, but you'd be wrong. Feel free to say whatever you like, I mean you already think Blingtron is a Titan Construct.

Again, the ability is pocket factory, where you drop a building that rapidly produces an army of soldier bots.

Building a gem-encrusted robot that disperses gifts isn’t in the same ballpark.
    Because RTS mechanics aren't translated 1:1 into WoW.

Engineering is translated into WoW as a profession or as NPCs, and not a class with abilities like the April fools Tinker.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole point of the ability is the bots. The factory wouldn't translate into WoW mechanics considering there are not pathing blocker abilities in the game. You're arguing ss though Corpse Mechanics are the focus of Animate Dead, when Army of the Dead translates the essence of it just fine.
    Warlocks have a talent where they summon a Fel lord that blocks the path of anyone or anything that crosses it. So that would be incorrect. Alternatively, the factory could simply not block anyone.

Also you’re arguing as if Book of the Dead is the same as WC3 Animate Dead.

Yea, that’s how absurd your argument is.

Sure, but you'd be wrong. Feel free to say whatever you like, I mean you already think Blingtron is a Titan Construct.
    If I’m wrong provide some examples of some other NPC abilities that have level requirements and aren’t class abilities. If I’m wrong they shouldn’t be too hard to find.

Because RTS mechanics aren't translated 1:1 into WoW.
    Okay now you’re just being silly.

Engineering is translated into WoW as a profession or as NPCs, and not a class with abilities like the April fools Tinker.
    The WC3 item system translated to the professions, not the hero abilities. Hence why none of the hero abilities appear in the professions, but you can draw a direct line between the item shops and the creep drops to WoW professions.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm convinced anyone who thinks tinker couldn't be a class just lacks imagination.
    Same goes for Baker , translate cooking prof into playable class. (why not?)

Anyone who thinks Baker couldn't be a class just lacks imagination.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2021-01-23 at 11:37 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post

The difference being that we have engineers in mech suits as raid bosses. I don’t recall a baker ever being a raid boss in WoW.

Warlocks have a talent where they summon a Fel lord that blocks the path of anyone or anything that crosses it. So that would be incorrect. Alternatively, the factory could simply not block anyone.
    Is he as big as a factory?

Also you’re arguing as if Book of the Dead is the same as WC3 Animate Dead.
    If you say so.

Not anything I said, just what you want to think.

If I’m wrong provide some examples of some other NPC abilities that have level requirements and aren’t class abilities. If I’m wrong they shouldn’t be too hard to find.
    HotS levels don't translate into WoW. I don't need to prove what is already obvious lol.

The WC3 item system translated to the professions, not the hero abilities. Hence why none of the hero abilities appear in the professions, but you can draw a direct line between the item shops and the creep drops to WoW professions.
    Tinkers and Goblin Engineering specialized in bombs.

I'm convinced anyone who thinks tinker couldn't be a class just lacks imagination.
    Tinkers already exist. They're called engineers

10+ Year Old Account
    Is he as big as a factory?
    He’s about twice as large as a Tauren, far larger than a pocket factory.

HotS levels don't translate into WoW. I don't need to prove what is already obvious lol.
    So in other words you can’t find any NPC abilities in WoW that have level requirements. Again, that’s all you needed to say.

Tinkers and Goblin Engineering specialized in bombs.
    Rock-it turret, Deth Lazor, and Robo Goblin aren’t bombs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    That’s right they do exist. We simply can’t play as them. That’s the problem.

No new classes, just add more specs to them.
    Paladin: Spellbreaker, a melee magic "shockadin" dpser with a strong defensive and control kit against magic.
    Shaman: Earthwarden, a tanking spec using mail armor and a shield- enhanced by earth magic.
    Monk: Red Crane, a mid range dps spec based around Chi-Ji (the fourth monk spirit beast).

If it wasn't for Demon Hunter as a class:-
    Rogue: Demon Hunter, a mid ranged agile dps spec where a influence of demon magic gives it additional mobility.
    Warlock: Demonshaped, a tank spec that the Warlock can take through absorbing the powers of the demon they sacrifice. Different demons sacrificed gives different abilities, makes for a very flexible and potentially great tank, but every demon sacrifice comes with a significant drawnback.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

He’s about twice as large as a Tauren, far larger than a pocket factory.

So in other words you can’t find any NPC abilities in WoW that have level requirements. Again, that’s all you needed to say.

Rock-it turret, Deth Lazor, and Robo Goblin aren’t bombs.

- - - Updated - - -

That’s right they do exist. We simply can’t play as them. That’s the problem.
    We can though. Just pick up the engineering profession.

10+ Year Old Account
    We can though. Just pick up the engineering profession.
    The Tinker’s abilities are not in the engineering profession.

The Tinker’s abilities are not in the engineering profession.
    In your mind only. Everyone else realizes everything the tinker does is replicated by engineering items.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post

I mean there is a difference. Tinker is clearly easier to make a combat class around.

But yes I'm sure someone with sufficient imagination and inspiration could make a interesting baker class...

Healing spec seems obvious no?

- - - Updated - - -

Accept the Goblin Tinkers in Warcraft 3 aren't playable. And engineers don't have literally all technology covered

10+ Year Old Account
    In your mind only. Everyone else realizes everything the tinker does is replicated by engineering items.
    You’d have to be a silly individual to believe that building a gem encrusted robot is the same as building a pocket factory that rapidly produces robotic soldiers.

I also find it amusing that the same people making this ridiculous argument are the same people who refuse to accept that DKs are Necromancers because they wear plate armor.

I mean there is a difference. Tinker is clearly easier to make a combat class around.

But yes I'm sure someone with sufficient imagination and inspiration could make a interesting baker class...

Healing spec seems obvious no?

- - - Updated - - -

Accept the Goblin Tinkers in Warcraft 3 aren't playable. And engineers don't have literally all technology covered
    yes they really do lmao. Claw packs and pocket factories simply don't exist in canon anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

You’d have to be a silly individual to believe that building a gem encrusted robot is the same as building a pocket factory that rapidly produces robotic soldiers.

I also find it amusing that the same people making this ridiculous argument are the same people who refuse to accept that DKs are Necromancers because they wear plate armor.
    As I just said, pocket factory doesn't exist in canon anymore. And DKs and necromancers are different because unlike tinker, they both exist separate from each other in the game. Meanwhile, there is literally zero separation between tinker and engineer.

That’s like saying healers shouldn’t exist back when we had First Aid xD

yes they really do lmao. Claw packs and pocket factories simply don't exist in canon anymore.
    Says who, a random thread poster :L

This is the thing that estounds me is about that argument. "x-ist canon" doesn't work when blizzard can just make new canon if they want. Spaceships weren't canon expect now they are.

If blizzard want to reintroduce older stuff to design a new class they just will.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    That’s like saying healers shouldn’t exist back when we had First Aid xD
    That is the most ridiculous comparison I have EVER heard.

- - - Updated - - -

Says who, a random thread poster :L

This is the thing that estounds me is about that argument. "x-ist canon" doesn't work when blizzard can just make new canon if they want. Spaceships weren't canon expect now they are.

If blizzard want to reintroduce older stuff to design a new class they just will.
    Ok well then tinker can be literally any race ever since Blizzard can just change the canon whenever they want right?