Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
    I didn't talk about Arthas. I talked about Devos. You implied that the covenant races do not retain their physical bodies when they leave the Shadowlands. They do.

No one said they are being revived. Look at Undead, they came from the Shadowlands to inhabit Azeroth in their masses and, even, became playable.
    You think i'm suggesting some kind of a mass exodus from the Shadowlands to Azeroth. I'm not. Some members would come with us back to Azeroth, while the majority stays behind. Like the Mag'har case.

You consider them to be too powerful and important entities, while we are some kind of an insect compared to them. This is not the case.
    I never said power, as in they are stronger than us. We've already demonstrated that to not be the case.

What I meant was they're beyond us as in not worried about trifling mortal affairs. They're worried about maintaining the balance in the afterlife.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I never said power, as in they are stronger than us. We've already demonstrated that to not be the case.

What I meant was they're beyond us as in not worried about trifling mortal affairs. They're worried about maintaining the balance in the afterlife.
    That balance is broken, and we are helping them restore it.
    You could say that Lightforged Draenei are, also, above mortal affairs. Theirs is the role of stopping the Burning Legion. Yet, they joined our faction war after helping them against the Legion on Argus.

The balance of the afterlife would still be maintained. Only a group of them would join us, not all of them.

How do Highmountain and Nightborne don't make sense? They are, literally, Tauren and Highborne.
    Granted, there are Highborne in the Alliance but, they are a minority, not the majority.
    The reason the Nightborne joined the horde instead of say, staying neutral was all because of a disagreement between Tyrande and Thalyssra. It was so forced because they needed allied race faction balance but the very fact Tyrande had no problems helping them for an entire expansion first but suddenly finds them despicable is laughable. Before that hammy writing, Nightborne were as neutral as Pandaren, and equally as accepting of foreign aid.

The Highmountain Tauren are a little more excusable because yeah they wanted to re-connect with their Tauren relatives from Kalimdor. The only problem I have with that is that once again, they totally accepted aid to defeat Dargrul the Underking from Alliance and Horde alike. BfA really hamfisted these races into a specific faction because assuming the lore actually didn't suck for a second and there was a shred of peace after the events of Legion, The only Legion-allied race that should've been with any faction is technically the Void Elves. Highmountain and Lightforged simply stuck with "their kind" despite accepting aid from all, and Nightborne yeah should've totally stayed neutral.
    Eagerly waiting one expansion at a time for the Tinker/Mechanic/Engineer class since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestAnthony View Post
    The reason the Nightborne joined the horde instead of say, staying neutral was all because of a disagreement between Tyrande and Thalyssra. It was so forced because they needed allied race faction balance but the very fact Tyrande had no problems helping them for an entire expansion first but suddenly finds them despicable is laughable. Before that hammy writing, Nightborne were as neutral as Pandaren, and equally as accepting of foreign aid.

The Highmountain Tauren are a little more excusable because yeah they wanted to re-connect with their Tauren relatives from Kalimdor. The only problem I have with that is that once again, they totally accepted aid to defeat Dargrul the Underking from Alliance and Horde alike. BfA really hamfisted these races into a specific faction because assuming the lore actually didn't suck for a second and there was a shred of peace after the events of Legion, The only Legion-allied race that should've been with any faction is technically the Void Elves. Highmountain and Lightforged simply stuck with "their kind" despite accepting aid from all, and Nightborne yeah should've totally stayed neutral.
    The Nightborne, strikingly, resemble the Blood elves culture-wise and history-wise.

That's, exactly, what i was thinking about. Something like this:
    That would be really cool!

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    That would be really cool!
    The only problem is that it doesn't seem to be the case in game

Vampiric Stoneborn would be cool, and imagining them behaving like Venthyr is fun too. What Venthyr do is interesting, but the Stoneborn look is what I prefer. As for Sylvar, I think I'd prefer Fae more than Faun. Fae have a more unique body type AND they have more unique personalities and behaviors. But before any of those I think Stewards are the most fun. That'd be the most hype.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Maybe Venthyr could have an active ability that is basically like a racial version of metamorphosis. At any rate, I would love to play a Stoneborn somehow!
    Freeblood (EQ2's version of Vampires), have an ability that transforms them into an uglier supposed 'true' version of themselves. So maybe Venthyr/Gargoyles could have a racial that does something similar, without having to be forced to play an 'ugly' race
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Look, just give me a damn dredger and be done with it.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Freeblood (EQ2's version of Vampires), have an ability that transforms them into an uglier supposed 'true' version of themselves. So maybe Venthyr/Gargoyles could have a racial that does something similar, without having to be forced to play an 'ugly' race
    It would be a tragic missed opportunity if they add Venthyr but do not at the very least include Stoneborn metamorphosis as a racial CD.

The female Stoneborn looks badass.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    It would be a tragic missed opportunity if they add Venthyr but do not at the very least include Stoneborn metamorphosis as a racial CD.

The female Stoneborn looks badass.

I'd much rather have just pure Stoneborn. Given the fact that Mechagnomes can't transmog half their gear I don't see how having arm wings or wings on the back would be a problem. It's also a race thats crafted so it would be easy to explain why they could exist on Azeroth and have them on both factions.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Venthyr druid moonkin form

Bear form is a gargon

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I'd much rather have just pure Stoneborn. Given the fact that Mechagnomes can't transmog half their gear I don't see how having arm wings or wings on the back would be a problem. It's also a race thats crafted so it would be easy to explain why they could exist on Azeroth and have them on both factions.
    It interferes with armor.
    There's a reason why there are no playable Havoc Metamorphosis or Zandalari Moonkin form.

As a form, though, it wouldn't be a problem.

It interferes with armor.
    There's a reason why there are no playable Havoc Metamorphosis or Zandalari Moonkin form.

As a form, though, it wouldn't be a problem.
    They just have to disable certain appearances like they did with mecha gnomes. It really isn't a problem.

They just have to disable certain appearances like they did with mecha gnomes. It really isn't a problem.
    The size, maybe?

The size, maybe?
    They could always alter the size a bit too if they wanted since they are artificial creations. They could even do Horde and Alliance exclusive options. Like eagle, hippogryph and lion/nightsaber heads/features for Alliance and Wolf, Kodo, and boar head/features for Horde.

Venthyr transforming into them makes no sense lorewise.

They could always alter the size a bit too if they wanted since they are artificial creations. They could even do Horde and Alliance exclusive options. Like eagle, hippogryph and lion/nightsaber heads/features for Alliance and Wolf, Kodo, and boar head/features for Horde.

Venthyr transforming into them makes no sense lorewise.
    What?
    Then, they won't be Gargoyles anymore.

And, it doesn't make sense. It looks cool, though.

"Male stoneborn use Metamorphosis animations, while females use high arakkoa animations."

These two lack a lot of animations, present in playable races. Unlike the Venthyr themselves which, use playable race rig.

What?
    Then, they won't be Gargoyles anymore.

And, it doesn't make sense. It looks cool, though.

"Male stoneborn use Metamorphosis animations, while females use high arakkoa animations."

These two lack a lot of animations, present in playable races. Unlike the Venthyr themselves which, use playable race rig.
    Of course they would still be gargoyles. They might not look as like Venythyr Stoneborn but they would still be gargoyles. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gargoyle_(monster)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gargoyle

And why doesn't it make sense? If you have Stormwind artisans crafting them of course they would give some of them an Alliance flair. I'm not saying the should exclusively look like Horde or Alliance creations but give them exclusive options to the factions plus the Venthyr created stoneborn options.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-01-25 at 05:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I may have said it here but i can't remember.

Why does everything need to be an Allied Race?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Of course they would still be gargoyles. They might not look as like Venythyr Stoneborn but they would still be gargoyles. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gargoyle_(monster)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gargoyle

And why doesn't it make sense? If you have Stormwind artisans crafting them of course they would give some of them an Alliance flair. I'm not saying the should exclusively look like Horde or Alliance creations but give them exclusive options to the factions plus the Venthyr created stoneborn options.
    The "doesn't make sense" was about the Venthyr transforming into a Stoneborn, which i suggested.

I don't know about races chiseling the heck out of them

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I may have said it here but i can't remember.

Why does everything need to be an Allied Race?
    Not everything. But, they are clearly being set as ones.