10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yeah, how many more thousand would satiate your sample size request? Israel has vaccinated nearly 3 million... how many?
    However many get it until my government decides that I am eligible. Being 35, that will most likely be sometime during summer or even autumn. :P

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    she can't even answer questions without a script.
    Are you saying she's not as good at lying as the last one? Yes, McEnany was a shitty Press Secretary, I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Why is the new White House press sec not wearing a mask? Kayleigh Mcenany was hounded by the left wing media all the time about it.

Hmm... oh and let's not mention ol' executive order joe who forgets his own order only a few hours later.

Going to be fun watching these idiots over the next four years.
    It will be damn difficult for them to be as terrible as the idiots over the last four years.

- - - Updated - - -

Travel restrictions aren't xenophobic anymore apparently.

Remember when your guy called for a complete ban on Muslims entering the country?

What a xenophobe.

Why do you support xenophobia?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I for one think that folks that are able to get the vaccine and don't should be made to help dispose of the bodies of COVID victims so they are fully aware of the costs of their choice, but that's just me.
    Hmm...

50K dead in 9 months, 83M people, lets say 20% don't want the vaccine, that would be 16.6M.
    Every 332rd person gets to dispose a body.

Naah, not scary enough. We need something more drastic. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    That's not the way it works.

A vaccine-induced immune response should prevent the disease (COVID) from taking hold in the person even when exposed to the virus (SARS-CoV-2), but the virus can still reproduce in the upper respiratory system (and thus be expelled to infect others) before it's eventually killed off by the immune response.

So you shouldn't be as contagious, or for as long, but it's not impossible for a vaccinated person to be a short-term carrier.
    Fine, details. But being vaccinated literally does reduce the possiblity of you infecting others, thus protecting them, which is what I said to that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Don't mind Easo. They're also currently claiming that cop cars are normal vehicles and imagining a window breaking means you get to run people over.
    Are you really that insecure?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Travel restrictions aren't xenophobic anymore apparently.
    Yet another disingenuous argument. Biden was calling out Trump's Xenophobia, not his travel restrictions.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2021-01-25 at 03:29 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

What’s insecure about pointing out your continued disinformation?
    If you really wanna argue that vaccination does not protect others, then go ahead.
    Take that haters.

I never argued that. I argued that you are making false claims. Such as once you’ve been vaccinated you can’t catch and spread covid. You can, it just shortens that window. Spreading false information about vaccines gets people killed.
    Details, FFS, general idea! Oh, wait, it is pointless. I am spreading false info now and eating babies as well.
    Pat yourself on the back.
    Take that haters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not. In fact my heart aches for all the American men and women troops that will be fed into the grinder in the name of the military industrial complex (need to keep the fat cats fed from all those huge contracts!), as well as all the innocent kids that will be bombed in the name of "unfortunate civilian casualties."

But hey, you got rid of the bad orange man!
    The Trump Administration's Air Strikes in Somalia Are On the Rise Again—and Civilians Are Paying the Price

Trump’s brand of war is killing more civilians than before

Trump may have bombed Yemen more than all previous US presidents combined, new report finds

After Trump Loosened the Rules of Engagement, Civilian Casualties in Afghanistan Rose by 95 Percent

Trump administration drops bombs at record pace in Afghanistan war

Trump pledged to stop 'endless wars' but his airstrikes in Afghanistan increased civilian deaths by 330% since 2016

Orange man bad, indeed...

EDIT: haha, forgot what thread I was in and got pulled off-topic. Swerving back on-topic...
    Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2021-01-25 at 05:38 PM.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Fine, details. But being vaccinated literally does reduce the possiblity of you infecting others, thus protecting them, which is what I said to that guy.
    Yes, absolutely. While it doesn't eliminate the possibility of being a carrier, it drastically reduces it.

Basically, everyone should get the vaccine, but then should also continue to wear masks and stay socially distant for the time being, as well.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    We got more vaccines over the weekend.

...and they sold out in less than an hour.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

You’re spreading false info in multiple threads and the best you have is handwaving it as details. Then you strawman to a place I never even approached. Someone in this interaction certainly seems insecure, and I know it’s not me.
    Read the post below. If you still do not get what I tried to tell, then there is no point.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    We got more vaccines over the weekend.

...and they sold out in less than an hour.
    They what...?
    Take that haters.

Supply has nothing to do with whether an individual being vaccinated is prevented from spreading covid. Spend more time educating yourself and less pretending you know more than people who have.
    Supply? The hell are you talking about? I meant the post of Phaelix right below yours. Not the one I quoted. Jesus...
    Last edited by Easo; 2021-01-25 at 06:36 PM.
    Take that haters.

10+ Year Old Account
    CNN: Moderna says its Covid-19 vaccine is expected to be protective against new variants
    The Moderna Covid-19 vaccine created antibodies that neutralized coronavirus variants first found in the United Kingdom and South Africa, the company said in a news release on Monday.

But there are concerns that the vaccine may have a somewhat decreased efficacy against the strain first spotted in South Africa, and Moderna is working on a booster aimed at fighting it.

Two doses of the vaccine are "expected to be protective against emerging strains detected to date," according to the release.

The company's study showed that the variant first found in the UK had "no significant impact" on the vaccine's effectiveness.

But in the press release, Moderna noted that "a six-fold reduction in neutralizing titers was observed with (the variant discovered in South Africa) relative to prior variants."

The company said the vaccine was still expected to be effective.

"Despite this reduction, neutralizing titer levels with (the variant discovered in South Africa) remain above levels that are expected to be protective," according to the press release.

David Montefiori, a virologist at Duke University Medical Center, said while he's "cautiously optimistic" Moderna's vaccine will work well against this strain, he's still not sure.

"The efficacy might be reduced somewhat, but it may still be very effective," he said. "Hopefully the vaccine will still be 70-80% effective."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Flathet View Post
    Anything that's not covered is not something that I'm going to take.
    is it excluded from any liability in your country/Sweden? they get some kind of blanket govt approval?
    is it different then any other shot you got over your lifetime?

Sorry but i don't see anything in the news, but that does not mean they did not get it i am curious.

- - - Updated - - -

Americans are still dying from COVID-19.

Joe? C'mon man. Wake up! Every single death is on your hands now. (you made the rules)
    Damn your comments and thought process is more embarrassing then Hannity calling Biden's administration and his first week a failure already after 31 hours in office.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

I can't even with some US media anymore.

Editorial (from the editorial board) about the "mental health crisis" in America...it's about the increase in kids being brought in for mental health crisis during the pandemic, and blames...lockdowns.

Not the fact that we're in a god-damned pandemic, not the fact that it's scary for everyone paying attention, not the fact that their friends and families may be suffering in front of them, not the fact that for many young children they're not developmentally ready to process something like this.

No, those terrible, evil, awful, no-good lockdowns that are put in place to slow the spread and prevent people from getting sick.

Fucking hell, it'll be a wonder if my country ever gets through covid with all the anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers and other bullshit who will keep that nonsense going. If only we had something like an iron lung from the old Polio days to scare them, because I guess being put on ventilators isn't bad enough to drill the message in to the brains of these brow furrowed knuckle draggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I can't even with some US media anymore.

Editorial (from the editorial board) about the "mental health crisis" in America...it's about the increase in kids being brought in for mental health crisis during the pandemic, and blames...lockdowns.

Not the fact that we're in a god-damned pandemic, not the fact that it's scary for everyone paying attention, not the fact that their friends and families may be suffering in front of them, not the fact that for many young children they're not developmentally ready to process something like this.

No, those terrible, evil, awful, no-good lockdowns that are put in place to slow the spread and prevent people from getting sick.

Fucking hell, it'll be a wonder if my country ever gets through covid with all the anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers and other bullshit who will keep that nonsense going. If only we had something like an iron lung from the old Polio days to scare them, because I guess being put on ventilators isn't bad enough to drill the message in to the brains of these brow furrowed knuckle draggers.
    wait you mean the two weeks their parents have to hide in the basement or stay at a hotel... every time they think they are infected isn't one of the reasons why kids are having a hard time with this??

But you bring up a great point. Thanks to HIPPA hospitals and the such are so afraid to let media and recordings in their facilities that we are not getting the dose of reality that this country needs.
    They need to start showing the body count and the impacts.

Polio was fucking plastered all over the place and it was so effective because it was people's fucking kids that were at risk. Most people are like "meh" when its their old parents at risk, or strangers with risk factors.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    3rd day of curfew, second day of riots in the Netherlands. Fucking idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Germany is in a hard lockdown since 16th Dez.
    I can imagine that Kids may suffer due to not bein able to see friends, way more than listening to media blah which is of no interest to them 99% of the time.

Some really good news.

'Very positive vaccine news: Israeli HMO Maccabi reports just 20 positive coronavirus tests out of 128,000 people who had their second Pfizer shot a week or more ago. None of the 20 were serious cases.

The HMO says most of the 20 were tested due to a known exposure to a confirmed Covid-19 case. Most were over 55. Half had a preexisting condition. None had a fever over 38.5°C. None needed hospitalisation.

Not all 128k were tested, only people with known exposures or symptoms. So the real number is probably a little higher. But most of the 128k will be over 60, because they got vaccinated first. This suggests the vaccine is extremely effective.

Awaiting more details on this, to see if we're talking about 20 symptomatic cases or, even better, 20 cases total with positive PCR tests. The first would be great, the second would be amazing.

Worth pointing out, too, that Israel is in the midst of its worst Covid-19 wave so far, with around 10% test positivity.

Final point: 40-50% of Israel's Covid-19 cases are the B117 "British" variant. So this is also good news about the vaccine's ability to protect from that mutation.'

https://twitter.com/ariehkovler/stat...75452830240770

Quote Originally Posted by Flathet View Post
    All that exist is a promise from the government they will cover costs. I'm not trusting them to stand by their promise. I want more than just a promise, as do many others.

And yes, it's different because they are actually covered.

Snipped from an interview with the chairman of region dalarna, google translated:
    So wait you are worried about the cost of actually getting it or the lawsuit you would file if you had long term complications because of the vaccine.

How much is the vaccine over there costing you to get?

Sure does not seem like there is any legal protection given to Pfzier et all if you were to have a serious side effect?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!