Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Not gonna lie, I never knew about dropping weapons in the ring before. But the idea of sneaking in a weapon to an underground street fight is thematic to the cyberpunk genre. Even after they eventually fix the quest, they should keep in the weapon thing for non-brawler characters to get an edge. Maybe make a Cool or Reflex check to hide it or something.
    Especially considering that one of the fights ends with the fighter attempting to shoot you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

I doubt the intent of the fight with Razor is for you to not throw the fight and win it. That you can is not the same as the design of the game indicating that you ought not to.

- - - Updated - - -

Official mod support for the game: https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-...support-tools/

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Apparently they've already patched in respecs and more.

I'm gonna laugh if this ends up being a Bethesda-esque situation where modders end up fixing the game faster than CDPR does.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

I'm gonna laugh if this ends up being a Bethesda-esque situation where modders end up fixing the game faster than CDPR does.
    Yea, hundreds of mods already without any "official" tools. I can't wait to see what the modders do with actual tools!

Me - right now I'm wrapping my brain around the fact that almost all of the 20-point-talents in the game are broken and don't work (among other random talents in each tree that don't work). Just found a newly-updated (with 1.1 tests included) reddit thread that broke it all down, ability by ability.

Just embarrassing how broken this game is. Even if it "works fine" for your system - the game is broken, in some way, with almost every single mechanic (at some point or another) in the game.

So yea, make sure you guys fix that "being able to re-roll (broken) loot" right out the gate, but never mind that almost every 20 point talent is broken upon reloading a save game. Priorities.

(And before anyone goes off with "one was easier to fix" or "they are different teams" I don't give a shit. Its just more ineptitude on display fixing something that actually helped the state of your broken loot system - without fixing the loot system first or the myriad of other issue's and leaving that for later on.)

I play on PC. I do have bugs, some of them game-breaking (needing a reload - not necessarily game halting). I will never say this game was fine to release - on any platform. Because of the 'behind the scene' BROKEN game mechanics they ALL still have.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account

Lets hope they don't go the way of have a fairly decent game but let modders do all the big work(Bug fixes and stuff).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Lets hope they don't go the way of have a fairly decent game but let modders do all the big work(Bug fixes and stuff).
    They won't, they can't afford to. CP was already a huge hit to their credibility, and they don't have the kind of muscle Bethesda does, nor the kind of brand loyalty Bethesda and the ES/FO series have where bugs are treated like "features".

There already are respecs in game, unless you mean stat respecs. Costs 100k to redo your perks.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    There already are respecs in game, unless you mean stat respecs. Costs 100k to redo your perks.
    80k if you accept the discount the one ripperdoc offers

Maybe cyberpunk will become the new Skyrim now? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    . . .
    I play on PC. I do have bugs, some of them game-breaking (needing a reload - not necessarily game halting). I will never say this game was fine to release - on any platform. Because of the 'behind the scene' BROKEN game mechanics they ALL still have.
    How much of that horse is left to beat, my dude? You act like people are arguing about the game being messed up. Even the devs admitted it.
    If all those issues could have been fixed in a week they would have been. Patches are coming, mod support is there - just relax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Maybe cyberpunk will become the new Skyrim now? Lol.
    Broken and abandoned?

Got a few more years to reach that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I haven't experienced too many bugs so far. Just some unclickable loot. The AI isn't the brightest, but at least on Hard i'm getting swatted by things, but I went crafting first because I thought it'd be useful and i'm not about to spend the 100k to swap it around. And i just now realized you can buy crafting recipes at the different vendors so i've been going around trying to buy them all up and doing the world quests for cash.

One thing that really needs to be added is a mass or auto craft button or toggle. Turning white crafting material into purple crafting material is a PITA.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    Broken and abandoned?

Got a few more years to reach that point.
    Talking about mod support.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Yea, hundreds of mods already without any "official" tools. I can't wait to see what the modders do with actual tools!

Me - right now I'm wrapping my brain around the fact that almost all of the 20-point-talents in the game are broken and don't work (among other random talents in each tree that don't work). Just found a newly-updated (with 1.1 tests included) reddit thread that broke it all down, ability by ability.

Just embarrassing how broken this game is. Even if it "works fine" for your system - the game is broken, in some way, with almost every single mechanic (at some point or another) in the game.

So yea, make sure you guys fix that "being able to re-roll (broken) loot" right out the gate, but never mind that almost every 20 point talent is broken upon reloading a save game. Priorities.

(And before anyone goes off with "one was easier to fix" or "they are different teams" I don't give a shit. Its just more ineptitude on display fixing something that actually helped the state of your broken loot system - without fixing the loot system first or the myriad of other issue's and leaving that for later on.)

That might not really be them prioritizing one thing over the other as much as them just fixing what they know they can fix when they can fix it, and they're still working on untangling other bugs in the meantime.

- - - Updated - - -

That wouldn't really surprise me. I think CDPR's dev talent base is kind of uneven. They seem to be god tier writers/artists/etc, with some really good engine people, with some somewhat subpar programmers in other areas. If you look at their release history, they've never had super complicated game systems, and they've also never had a really clean product.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    That might not really be them prioritizing one thing over the other as much as them just fixing what they know they can fix when they can fix it, and they're still working on untangling other bugs in the meantime.

- - - Updated - - -

That wouldn't really surprise me. I think CDPR's dev talent base is kind of uneven. They seem to be god tier writers/artists/etc, with some really good engine people, with some somewhat subpar programmers in other areas. If you look at their release history, they've never had super complicated game systems, and they've also never had a really clean product.
    WoW there, lets not pretend Cyberpunk's writing is 'god tier'. I enjoyed the story but it wasn't that amazing.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    WoW there, lets not pretend Cyberpunk's writing is 'god tier'. I enjoyed the story but it wasn't that amazing.
    By video game standards, they're peerless, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    It was definitely above average, but yeah hardly god tier. Disco Elysium, New Vegas, Planescape Torment, Pyre, those are games with god tier writing. But I do feel that Cyberpunk was their best writing as well as best art design, CDPR have definitely got those aspects covered. Now they just gotta improve their gameplay, and really improve their level design and technology departments.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    How much of that horse is left to beat, my dude? You act like people are arguing about the game being messed up. Even the devs admitted it.
    If all those issues could have been fixed in a week they would have been. Patches are coming, mod support is there - just relax.
    So you agree that developers hould be releasing unplayable trash and people need to chill out and wait month for the game to be fixed? That's some great WhiteKnighting right there.

People need to know that the game is trash and not to accept garbage from Devs. The game should be released when it is ready, not at the best time to rip consumers off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    It was definitely above average, but yeah hardly god tier. Disco Elysium, New Vegas, Planescape Torment, Pyre, those are games with god tier writing. But I do feel that Cyberpunk was their best writing as well as best art design, CDPR have definitely got those aspects covered. Now they just gotta improve their gameplay, and really improve their level design and technology departments.
    I like those games, some of them, but I've always felt they were kind of a tier or two below CDPR, mostly because the dialogue comes off as stilted and performative. Granted, taht does give you some creative character styles and such, but it just doesn't do as much for me. Different preferences though I guess.