Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    A marketing push for a intended release date includes tv and magazine adds with the release date already, Murals, Public transportation adds and much more.
    For a massive AAA game with $100M+ marketing budget? Yeah. For some F2P games that hit it big in smaller markets where advertising is cheap? Yeah.

But that's not a marketing push for 90% of the games that launch every year, they don't have the budget to afford less impactful physical advertising like that. They go online, targeted advertising because they're gonna get more bang for their buck and that buck is limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    That's just sad

To my knowledge, Cyberpunk has been becoming less buggy with every patch.

Star Citizen has been the opposite. Over the past 5 years, the game itself has become more prone to crashes, the framerate has dropped, the servers have become more and more unstable, and actual content has been removed from the game, such as racing. And now a planet.

Patches are supposed to make something run better, not worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    For a massive AAA game with $100M+ marketing budget? Yeah. For some F2P games that hit it big in smaller markets where advertising is cheap? Yeah.

But that's not a marketing push for 90% of the games that launch every year, they don't have the budget to afford less impactful physical advertising like that. They go online, targeted advertising because they're gonna get more bang for their buck and that buck is limited.
    The context is Star Citizen so big budgets are expected for both production and marketing pushes.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    To my knowledge, Cyberpunk has been becoming less buggy with every patch.

Star Citizen has been the opposite. Over the past 5 years, the game itself has become more prone to crashes, the framerate has dropped, the servers have become more and more unstable, and actual content has been removed from the game, such as racing. And now a planet.

Patches are supposed to make something run better, not worse!
    Are you familiar with game development process? I just posted a good visual graphic showing the different stages.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-02-01 at 08:01 PM.

Anyone following closely crowdfunded games they will know that developers interaction with their fanbase is fundamental and that many estimates are said during live shows or streams that are best guesses and nothing more. The only ones who turn those into set in stone release dates are people who don't understand game development or people acting in bad faith.
    Right WE'RE the ones acting in bad faith. Every estimate/release date/date attached to X thing, all of that? Just guesses, nothing more. Nothing is set in stone.

Man if I ever go that blind in defending something I hope lightning strikes me down.

Nop Live still @50 and PTU@40 player cap. There's talks of reducing player cap in Live to help Xenothreat event run better.
    Another quote from that poster about 30 player caps

[/IMG]
    I don't think using a game whose technical aspect was shat on by nearly everyone as a baseline is the gotcha you're looking for.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Right WE'RE the ones acting in bad faith. Every estimate/release date/date attached to X thing, all of that? Just guesses, nothing more. Nothing is set in stone.

Man if I ever go that blind in defending something I hope lightning strikes me down.
    Or you just don't understand game development.

If you did you'd know that you cant plan years in advance and expect everything to pan out exactly as expected. Crowdfunded games just do it because they have to expose their estimated plans way earlier for the sake of gathering funds to get the ball going. Delays are the norm in creative and iterative crafts like making games because "finding the fun" is not a linear process. Unless your making a sequel or a new FIFA/COD and already have the production pipeline in place your looking a lot of iteration and back and forth while you learn what things work and doesn't work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Another quote from that poster about 30 player caps[/IMG]
    Still @50 and PTU@40 player cap. Ask him to check again because I was in the PTU an hour ago and there were 39 people there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I don't think using a game whose technical aspect was shat on by nearly everyone as a baseline is the gotcha you're looking for.
    There's no "gotcha". It goes to show that good marketing can sell anything once but it can't maintain it if there's no "special factor". In this case, for a game to survive, specially a Game as Service like Anthem, it needs to offer something better than what's available to keep it's players engaged beyond the initial launch or else it risks dying at birth like it did. So, because the cost of revamping it is higher than the possible returns due to market saturation (Destiny 2) it's only chance is also going Free 2 Play.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-02-01 at 10:01 PM.

Quora isn't like, an authoritative source. And I can barely even see what are responses and what are promoted posts on that site, what is this actually supposedly saying? I'm seeing a lot of references to, "It depends." because that's accurate, but nothing indicating that costs and timelines can't be projected forward.

Still @50 and PTU@40 player cap. Ask him to check again because I was in the PTU an hour ago and there were 39 people there.
    Nah I'm really not that bothered, I don't have an account there anyway. I just thought it was a couple of interesting quotes to post.
    If I'm honest I am far more inclined to believe him, I know he has spent a lot of money on the game but he is real about it as opposed to yourself who seeks to defend every criticism towards CIG or Star Qanon.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Quora isn't like, an authoritative source. And I can barely even see what are responses and what are promoted posts on that site, what is this actually supposedly saying? I'm seeing a lot of references to, "It depends." because that's accurate, but nothing indicating that costs and timelines can't be projected forward.
    Quora is a Q&A platform where the most accurate answers end up being voted UP.

If you want a more "mainstreamed" article about it I suggest Jason Schreier's article.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2020/01/wh...ayed-so-often/

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Nah I'm really not that bothered, I don't have an account there anyway. I just thought it was a couple of interesting quotes to post.
    If I'm honest I am far more inclined to believe him, I know he has spent a lot of money on the game but he is real about it as opposed to yourself who seeks to defend every criticism towards CIG or Star Qanon.
    Stating the current server cap is not defending CIG, you've just entrenched yourself deeply into trying to turn every insignificant aspect of this project into something bad that everything is a battle despite "not being bothered".
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-02-01 at 10:28 PM.

Hey remember this?
    You posted that in 2015. It is Feb 1st 2021 btw. So we're at what 8 years 2 months or so?

Man looking at some of the posts from 2015 where you and kenn are both posting stuff, really cringe. Even back then kenn was talking about the release being 1-2 years off. Lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    so its mad to support someone who will revolutionize the space MMO genre, this game will get made and only be released when chris is happy with it, its at least 1 year away still but its more likely within the next 2 years the PU alpha will be released and a little while after that the actual release
    From 2015 btw. My point in posting such old quotes is just to highlight just how fanatical you two have been in such a project.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2021-02-01 at 10:32 PM.

Hey remember this?

You posted that in 2015. It is Feb 1st 2021 btw. So we're at what 8 years 2 months or so?
    Completely on point due to development time inflation due to bigger production budgets and quality standards along with the crowdfunded nature of open game development.

History already has shown us more than few examples of games taking 10 years to deliver, it's only natural that due the special ambitious scope of Star Citizen and Squadron 42 that they take longer than most games.

Completely on point due to development time inflation due to bigger production budgets and quality standards along with the crowdfunded nature of open game development.

History already has shown us more than few examples of games taking 10 years to deliver, it's only natural that due the special ambitious scope of Star Citizen and Squadron 42 that they take longer than most games.
    Oh sure, just watch how that bar will extend into 2022, 2023 and so on. Yet you'll still be here defending it to the death.

Oh sure, just watch how that bar will extend into 2022, 2023 and so on. Yet you'll still be here defending it to the death.
    Star Citizen: Hold my beer.

Can't say I know much about Elite, but from what I understand based on Wiki it was conceived in '98 and Kickstarted in 2012 and finished in 2014. So sure overall that would be 16 years but it seems like 2012 is what most people would focus on. I dunno why it matters though. If we're talking SC it went into pre-production in 2010 and here we are 11 years later with the game far far away from being done. So...yay on SC passing up this world record in the future?
    So does it matter or it doesn't matter?

Why would you care about how long Star Citizen is in development? Do you care about how long Diablo 4 has been in development? Starfield? Beyond Good & Evil2? GTA 6? Skyrim 6? Witcher 4?

If you're so eager to play a game but it still hasn't released you can always play the next best thing. In the case of Star Citizen there's the Star Citizen Alpha.

Completely on point due to development time inflation due to bigger production budgets and quality standards
    Due to a CEO without the discipline to stop his ballooning ambition from indefinitely delaying the delivery of this product.

So does it matter or it doesn't matter?
    My point on Elite was that it does not matter when it started if it is counting as 'conceived'. You focus on the 'world record' part of 16 years but for many it would be 2012-2014's kickstarter to finish window that would matter.

I don't really care about Elite before the Kickstarter because that is a person/company doing what they want for their company, it becomes different to me when Kickstarter/donations are in the equation, which is why I'm so hard on Star Citizen and a game in the past Trials of Ascension that was a scammy piece of shit.

To clarify YOU posted that graphic back in 2015. I don't generally care how long a game is in development UNLESS it is Kickstarted, donated to or so on. Then it is different. Do I care how long Blizz takes to put out the next WoW expansion? Beyond a grumble here and there? No, not really, it is a company making their game with their own funding. Now if that expansion was on kickstarter and then took 4 years+ to put out? Damn right I'd be bitching.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're so eager to play a game but it still hasn't released you can always play the next best thing. In the case of Star Citizen there's the Star Citizen Alpha.
    I have zero interest in ever playing Star Citizen, or Elite for that matter. I am here for the crowdfunded aspect of games in general. Star Citizen is one of the crown jewels in excess of incompetence and failing to deliver what they promised.

I have zero interest in ever playing Star Citizen, or Elite for that matter. I am here for the crowdfunded aspect of games in general. Star Citizen is one of the crown jewels in excess of incompetence and failing to deliver what they promised.
    Star citizen is not failing to deliver what it promised, in actual fact its exceeding those promises by miles so it doesnt matter if the project is taking longer because they are delivering everything and even much more than expected.

The project is taking no longer than what any other company would need to do the actual project, so since you have never actually played the game or have any interest in it your not in a place to even judge on what they are delivering, its up to the ones who actually play/test the product to decide.

They have already delivered the best space game available now we just need to wait for them to complete it.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-02-01 at 11:13 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Star citizen is not failing to deliver what it promised, in actual fact its exceeding those promises by miles so it doesnt matter if the project is taking longer because they are delivering everything and even much more than expected.
    Hahaha yeah okay, you can say that all you want, but it is your opinion. I mean not many would agree with your opinion but hey whatever, you do you.

The project is taking no longer than what any other company would need to do the actual project
    Man, you keep saying this. I've seen you say this so, so many times in this thread. What gives you this idea? What are you even basing this on?

Nothing? It sure seems like nothing.

If you answer me, try to do it with facts, please. Your opinions aren't really worth much.