Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    what that classic WoW is carrying retail hard?
    source for your claim? oh you dont have one, yeah I figured. classic is so gooood it will be replaced by tbc :-P

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post

See how that Dot the first dot from the left in the red section is higher than all of the other dots? That was in Cata. Thanks for proving me right.
    Point is cata launch got a slight boost from the success of wrath then did nothing but fall. Slight boost in subs. FACT is no expansion has held as high or steady as wrath.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    source for your claim? oh you dont have one, yeah I figured. classic is so gooood it will be replaced by tbc :-P
    This is my counterclaim to his moronic delusions.
    Wow classic, as of writing this.
    Full pop servers: Eu = 0. Na = 0
    High pop servers: Eu = 5. Na = 6
    Normal pop servers: Eu = 31. Na = 28
    Low pop servers: Eu = 7. Na = 7

Wow shadowlands
    Full pop servers: Eu = 20. Na = 34
    High pop servers: Eu = 45. Na = 68
    Medium and low, Stopped counting after 100 for both EU and NA. Individualy

Source: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/status/eu

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    Its funny how easy it is to read your bias in this post, Wotlk will NEVER be topped in terms of raw players., i would stake my life, my security and my wealth on that.

"as someone who has been playing PC/Console games for 25+ years"

OKAY BOOMER, DONT HAVE A STROKE NOW, GO HAVE YOUR SELTZER WATER AND ASPRIN, BAHAHHA.

(which on retail sits at about 500 players, and on its classic sister guild has about 55 players)
    What a suprise, retailers dont like classic, classic was never intended for them.
    Did you just have a seizure. Calm down kiddo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Looks like blizzard is doing well.
    Guess it's time to lay off 800 more employees given blizzards standards.
    Blizzard has no control over that. That is activision.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Am I reading correctly that the MAUs actually went down in Q4 despite Shadowlands launching? That doesn't seem right.
    Nope. It went ul, has for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    All that brilliant "success" with WoW, all the while they're shutting down places with mass lay offs... while paying that douchebag €20m a year...

The layoffs have reflected with poor QA of the bloody game, SL was a buggy mess with a lot of untested things upon release that took months to hot fix...
    As much as I don't like Kotick for his attitude towards gaming, he's one hell of a CEO.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    So Blizzard is once again the WoW-only company.
    Hearthstone: 8 years of rinse&repeat
    SC2: in decline for 8 years.
    Hots: in decline for 6 years.
    OW: in decline for 5 years.
    Diablo: in decline for 7 years.
    diablo is actualy doing pretty good,there are 15k online right now,at a rly bad hour,and the season is more than half done,when new seasons start the numbers are in the hundrets of thausands,and thats pretty damn good for what i feel is a bad game that adds zero actual content

tldr
    Classic is carrying the shit out of MAU's
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    What I find funny about the comments are how gdamn jaded some of these people are.. if you don’t like blizz or WoW, I mean why the hell are you even here lmfao?

You have the right to hate yourself by coming here and getting destroyed by white knights, but like deep down you gotta stop cucking yourselves and either leave or at least add something to the post with quality..

On Topic: I’d like to know why they didn’t talk up the new stuff that’s about to be launched such as Blizzconline, and at least kind of discussing more about where things are headed so that people could be more excited about investing into Actiblizz stonks..

29million is pretty bad for comparison.

Q3 2020 - 30 Million MAU’s.
    Q2 2020 - 32 Million MAU’s.
    Q1 2020 through Q1 2019 were stead at 32 Million MAU’s.
    Q4 2018 had 35 Million.
    Q3 2018 had 37 Million.
    Q2 2018 had 37 Million.
    Q1 2018 had 38 Million.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    shadowlands had the best launch sales out of any expansion in WoWs history lol so, wrong lol and classic and shadowlands are the same sub and alot of players play both. Shadowlands is a good expansion so far with a few gripes just like in any moment in wow. its never gonna be perfect
    Being able to preorder something for the better part of a year while a pandemic is still ravaging the world and places like the US have umeployment records not seen in decades surely has nothing to do with that .
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    All that brilliant "success" with WoW, all the while they're shutting down places with mass lay offs... while paying that douchebag €20m a year...

The layoffs have reflected with poor QA of the bloody game, SL was a buggy mess with a lot of untested things upon release that took months to hot fix...
    See that’s a great theory and all but when the list of lay offs came out there was a whole 1 QA job among them. This idea of layoffs effecting the quality instead of just removing redundant staff just doesn’t have any backing.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    WoW coming to consoles? maybe stadia?
    Betting on stadia is definitely the best choice right now.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by james2400 View Post
    29million is pretty bad for comparison.

Q3 2020 - 30 Million MAU’s.
    Q2 2020 - 32 Million MAU’s.
    Q1 2020 through Q1 2019 were stead at 32 Million MAU’s.
    Q4 2018 had 35 Million.
    Q3 2018 had 37 Million.
    Q2 2018 had 37 Million.
    Q1 2018 had 38 Million.
    Likely do to pretty much every thing other then wow not geting many meaningful updates, wow is the only thing listed with growth after all.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post

Wow shadowlands

This is quite good information. Thank you for sharing.

so many infuriating corporate buzzwords
    At the end they try to keep wow money making machine going for another cycle. Also they plan to rehash more old content especially to mobile, so they can go balls deep on monetization.
    They are planning to hire more code monkeys, I mean devs. In reality they will only get bottom tier who are still under the illusion that working for Blizz is something amazing.
    D4 is years away. Remember how after 2019 Blizzcon revealed they also announced how they have multiple diablo related projects in the works and they were gonna reveal them in upcoming months. Still waiting for those. All they've done is release a version of a D4 skill tree which looks extremely basic at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamahan View Post
    Uh-oh, the haters ain't going to like this
    You expected that Blizzard will come and say 'guy we fucked up, we're in shambles, we're sorry'? Of course they will cheer things up, like it's all ok. But learn to read a bit deeper.

Its funny how easy it is to read your bias in this post, Wotlk will NEVER be topped in terms of raw players., i would stake my life, my security and my wealth on that.

"as someone who has been playing PC/Console games for 25+ years"

OKAY BOOMER, DONT HAVE A STROKE NOW, GO HAVE YOUR SELTZER WATER AND ASPRIN, BAHAHHA.

(which on retail sits at about 500 players, and on its classic sister guild has about 55 players)
    What a suprise, retailers dont like classic, classic was never intended for them.
    Something tells me you're in need of much stronger dope than aspirin, how does it feel to have the mental health of an 85yo? You've been wrong so many times, and just tilts left and right

Wow shadowlands

Did you filter out connected realms that show shared population?

Edit: Of course he didn't. So out of EU realms:
    Echsenkessel, Taerar, Mal'ganis and Blackhand are connected into one full realm
    Lordaeron, Tichondrius and Blackmoore are connected into one full realm
    Dentarg and Tarren Mill are connected into one full realm
    So real number of full realms is 14, not 20. I'm pretty sure it's the same bullshit for high pop, at least 6 of them is one realm:
    Черный Шрам (Blackscar), Гром (Grom), Термоштепсель (Thermaplugg), Борейская тундра (Borean Tundra), Пиратская бухта (Booty Bay) and Ткач Смерти (Deathweaver)
    Last edited by Rogalicus; 2021-02-05 at 08:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Did you filter out connected realms that show shared population?

Edit: Of course he didn't. So out of EU realms:
    Echsenkessel, Taerar, Mal'ganis and Blackhand are connected into one full realm
    Lordaeron, Tichondrius and Blackmoore are connected into one full realm
    Dentarg and Tarren Mill are connected into one full realm
    So real number of full realms is 14, not 20. I'm pretty sure it's the same bullshit for high pop, at least 6 of them is one realm:
    Черный Шрам (Blackscar), Гром (Grom), Термоштепсель (Thermaplugg), Борейская тундра (Borean Tundra), Пиратская бухта (Booty Bay) and Ткач Смерти (Deathweaver)
    Each character is linked to one server. When you are whispering a char on any of these servers you need to add -servername behind. So a character created on Taerar, it will not be listed in the population for mal'ganis or any of the linked servers.

I see this arguement everytime. Its not the same, cross realms, shards etc etc. Your character belong to the server it was created on. Period

Wow shadowlands

But does not Classic use a different method than Retail for the High/Medium/Low metric since a bit after its launch? IIRC Retail value is relative to other servers while Classic is relative to a fixed amount. They did that because there is no cross realm sharding.