Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Considering they fucking murdered any chance of WC3R being redeemed, I have little hopes for anything decent, but I'll be watching regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    It's not realy a west thing sure I get that and it surely was not what people were expecting at that point
    The people that went to Blizzcon - probably not, for the most part. But mobile gaming being an east-only and not west thing is just a plain myth. Just look at the link I shared in the last post - up to 50% or more of the US population has engaged with mobile games, and the mobile market in the US generates at least 2x more revenue than the PC market.

It might not be for you, it might not even be for most Blizzard fans, but that doesn't mean it isn't for the whole west at all.

I'm not particularly looking forward to playing it, I just don't think there's any reason to be so dismissive of it. From what I've heard of people who actually tried the demo at Blizzcon it was quite fun.

The way it was pressented, felt cheap and wrongly timed, but it was very amusing to hear that one guy in line say: Is this an out of season april joke.
    That's fair enough, and I agree especially because they hyped up a Diablo announcement at Blizzcon way too much and should have known that it's not a game that targets their core audience necessarily. They did eventually announce it was not going to be Diablo IV, but by then the damage was done.

It was somewhat amusing at the time, but mostly cringe. I can understand not wanting or liking the game. I can understand not wanting to play games on phones. But the negative reaction was so immature and blown out of proportion.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of the devil:

"Diablo Immortal will be released this year but don’t expect Overwatch 2 or Diablo 4 before 2022, according to Activision-Blizzard earnings call"

https://blizzardwatch.com/2021/02/04...-release-date/

Seems like WoW will be released on different console platforms!!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Idk how to feel about this. Should I be excited or not care.. idk

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    The people that went to Blizzcon - probably not, for the most part. But mobile gaming being an east-only and not west thing is just a plain myth. Just look at the link I shared in the last post - up to 50% or more of the US population has engaged with mobile games, and the mobile market in the US generates at least 2x more revenue than the PC market.

It might not be for you, it might not even be for most Blizzard fans, but that doesn't mean it isn't for the whole west at all.

I'm not particularly looking forward to playing it, I just don't think there's any reason to be so dismissive of it. From what I've heard of people who actually tried the demo at Blizzcon it was quite fun.

That's fair enough, and I agree especially because they hyped up a Diablo announcement at Blizzcon way too much and should have known that it's not a game that targets their core audience necessarily. They did eventually announce it was not going to be Diablo IV, but by then the damage was done.

It was somewhat amusing at the time, but mostly cringe. I can understand not wanting or liking the game. I can understand not wanting to play games on phones. But the negative reaction was so immature and blown out of proportion.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of the devil:

"Diablo Immortal will be released this year but don’t expect Overwatch 2 or Diablo 4 before 2022, according to Activision-Blizzard earnings call"

https://blizzardwatch.com/2021/02/04...-release-date/
    I see what you mean and fair enough. I checked the link idk how I missed that anf you are right.

Yeaa..It was blown out of proportion and I think we all saw how it turned into some sort of meme, but it was fun. It was cringe at the same time I agree, but I think that is with alot of things related to that.

I am not aware of the response on that demo, yea its mostly that I dont care or want to play it and my response was based on the live reaction and fansites who speculstr and discuss the title.

I can imagine the dissapointment for the diehard fans that they have to wait for d4. My brother is one of those fans and he doesnt care for Immortal one bit and he was bitter about the 2022 news. It wasn't me, but I saw some comments how popular candy crush is.. which is a fair point, but idk if that is the future.. then their focus is somewhere else.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-02-05 at 11:11 AM.

the horrible pvp burst meta no one seems to like.
    Lies. A lot of people prefer it!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Lies. A lot of people prefer it!
    Alot of people oke

I would say those are lies.

I am not aware of the response on that demo, yea its mostly that I dont care or want to play it and my response was based on the live reaction and fansites who speculstr and discuss the title.

I can imagine the dissapointment for the diehard fans that they have to wait for d4. My brother is one of those fans and he doesnt care for Immortal one bit and he was bitter about the 2022 news.
    It is a bit sad to see a huge icon of PC gaming delving into mobile, I agree to that much. I like to think - perhaps a bit too optimistically - that these mobile games will help fund the development of their main PC games.

I just think that ultimately, no matter how much I might dislike it, any company is free to do whatever they want - and it doesn't even seem that it's just a financial decision only, some of the devs seem to be genuinely interested in exploring new platforms and extending their work to a wider audience - I can't really blame them for that.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2021-02-05 at 11:30 AM.

Overwatch 2 is the main course for me, Diablo 4 and WoW for dessert. For the less likely games to touch on I hope for continuation for Starcraft, and a declaration they haven't abandoned Warcraft 3: Reforged and give a presentation how they're going to unfuck it. In a dreamworld they'd announce bringing HotS back to its former glory.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    It is a bit sad to see a huge icon of PC gaming delving into mobile, I agree to that much. I like to think - perhaps a bit too optimistically - that these mobile games will help fund the development of their main PC games.

I just think that ultimately, no matter how much I might dislike it, any company is free to do whatever they want - and it doesn't even seem that it's just a financial decision only, some of the devs seem to be genuinely interested in exploring new platforms and extending their work to a wider audience.
    I share that feeling and I hope you are right that this is to push their pc titles, but honestly.. I think its only going to be more. Lets be honest people have their phones 24/7. Always available, close by, always online etc. I am not a fan, but I already said that

Speaking of wow on multiple platforms.. how is your view on that? Just curious.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-02-05 at 11:42 AM.

Alot of people oke

I would say those are lies.
    Well, at least I did not say "everyone" or "no one". PvP is way more fun when you don't have to wait 15 minutes for the match to conclude.

Is that confirmed? I saw "Multiple initiatives underway to experience WoW on a more consistent basis and on more platforms than ever before." & took it as either meaning mobile/console or the Apple M1 chip, but no idea either way.

Only interested in 9.1 news besides that. D2:R would be nice, but I don't expect it. D4 is too far away to care, Blizzard killed their RTS releases, and nothing else they do interests me.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, at least I did not say "everyone" or "no one". PvP is way more fun when you don't have to wait 15 minutes for the match to conclude.
    I see, but I dont share that opinion.

I have heard/seen very differnt reaction over the last month.

I agree tbh. Nothing worse than a 2v2 game going into heavy dampening doing nothing but trading CDs every minute or two. The higher we go, the more boring it gets.

Diablo Immortal always seemed to me like Blizzard had the choice of showing a game they likely knew wasn't going to make anyone massively excited, or show nothing at all for Diablo except maybe to wait for next year.
    Noone could have really known that Diablo Immortal would get such a visceral reaction. The Blizzcon attendees were definitely not the target audience, but saying nothing could have caused an even worse reaction.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Diablo Immortal always seemed to me like Blizzard had the choice of showing a game they likely knew wasn't going to make anyone massively excited, or show nothing at all for Diablo except maybe to wait for next year.
    Noone could have really known that Diablo Immortal would get such a visceral reaction. The Blizzcon attendees were definitely not the target audience, but saying nothing could have caused an even worse reaction.
    Hard disagree. Fans had been waiting for news of a new Diablo release for 7 or so years at that point, so when the lights dimmed & the reveal was for some reskinned mobile game, it was ALWAYS going to result in that sort of reaction.

I remember Blizzard made a post on the Diablo homepage stating they have a big project in the works they weren't ready to show yet a week or two before that Blizzcon, which most of us (rightly) took to mean Diablo IV, but a lot of people don't check front page Diablo for updates, nor would they be able to contain their hype even if they did.

If you asked a thousand video game fans pre-announcement how do you think an announcement like that would go down, they'd almost universally say it'd be a disaster... And it was, unless you're the PoE devs

All Blizzard had to do is put a splashscreen up saying "IV is coming", the hype would've been unreal, and then go, "well in the meantime, that's not all for Diablo..." Showing off Immortal as some flagship title was such a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Overwatch 2 is the main course for me, Diablo 4 and WoW for dessert. For the less likely games to touch on I hope for continuation for Starcraft, and a declaration they haven't abandoned Warcraft 3: Reforged and give a presentation how they're going to unfuck it. In a dreamworld they'd announce bringing HotS back to its former glory.
    im pretty much on the exact same boat as u with everything except hots. not so excited about hots, but i understand for those that like it it sucks if they dont say anything. id add instead of hots, the least unlikely announcement being a new IP instead

WoW is NOT going to consoles. People need to stop with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Hard disagree. Fans had been waiting for news of a new Diablo release for 7 or so years at that point, so when the lights dimmed & the reveal was for some reskinned mobile game, it was ALWAYS going to result in that sort of reaction.

I remember Blizzard made a post on the Diablo homepage stating they have a big project in the works they weren't ready to show yet a week or two before that Blizzcon, which most of us (rightly) took to mean Diablo IV, but a lot of people don't check front page Diablo for updates, nor would they be able to contain their hype even if they did.

If you asked a thousand video game fans pre-announcement how do you think an announcement like that would go down, they'd almost universally say it'd be a disaster... And it was, unless you're the PoE devs

All Blizzard had to do is put a splashscreen up saying "IV is coming", the hype would've been unreal, and then go, "well in the meantime, that's not all for Diablo..." Showing off Immortal as some flagship title was such a joke.
    We couldn't have really known that back then though.

If you asked people if they would like nothing or something I imagine they would prefer something being available instead of absolutely nothing.

Nothing about Diablo Immortal deserves that much hate it is just a game not made for Western audiences.

Diablo Immortal could have been announced, followed by people accepting it as its own thing and not really caring, which would be a better outcome than the Diablo IV announcement being the title and absolutely nothing else.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

3+ Year Old Account
    better spam "Dreamhaven" and "Frost Giant Studios" if there's nothing for Reforged
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

- - - Updated - - -

and

are the ones im looking forward to the most

i wish d4 was project hades and not what it is, if ur curious, google project hades diablo