Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Well, they did release their RTS team with announcement of ending SC2 development, so I wouldn't count much on a new Blizz RTS.
    Just becasue Team one was replaced by VV doesn't mean they are in capable of making an RTS. I mean We see examples of stuff like this all the time. The Metroid Prime team made one of the best DKC games. The Mario Kart 8 team made Arms. Both of those games were not remotely close to the genres, styles ,or systems used in what they were known for. I'm not saying it's going to happen, it's just a possibility.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Just becasue Team one was replaced by VV doesn't mean they are in capable of making an RTS. I mean We see examples of stuff like this all the time. The Metroid Prime team made one of the best DKC games. The Mario Kart 8 team made Arms. Both of those games were not remotely close to the genres, styles ,or systems used in what they were known for. I'm not saying it's going to happen, it's just a possibility.
    Aren't RTSs dead in the eyes of big publishers? I know Blizzard have been famous for their RTS games, but its a long time ago they made one and the last dive into RTS with W3 Reforged was a huge failure. Ofcourse, this was not because it was a RTS, but im sure many executives see it as the failure of RTS.

So why would they make an RTS, when they can make more shooters, brawlers or something else that is more popular atm?
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Aren't RTSs dead in the eyes of big publishers? I know Blizzard have been famous for their RTS games, but its a long time ago they made one and the last dive into RTS with W3 Reforged was a huge failure. Ofcourse, this was not because it was a RTS, but im sure many executives see it as the failure of RTS.

So why would they make an RTS, when they can make more shooters, brawlers or something else that is more popular atm?
    its easier to fall back on old reliable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Because they have done so in the past.
    yeah i forgot that time we saw SoO at the 5.1 announcement
    or argus at the 7.1
    or nzoth at 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    its easier to fall back on old reliable

- - - Updated - - -

yeah i forgot that time we saw SoO at the 5.1 announcement
    or argus at the 7.1
    or nzoth at 8.1
    be my guest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=3515...ature=youtu.be ; First Blizzcon after legion launch (3 months later).

- - - Updated - - -
    ^
    When did they tease entire content cycle 3 months into expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post

There are still big named ones out there especially with Age of Empires, the Total War games, and the remasters of the C&C games. Not dead, but not nearly as popular

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Are people still playing OW? I don't see the need for a sequel..

And Diablo Immortal??? Wasn't that scrapped years ago, after the epic fail of a pressentation, where they outright refused a PC version?
    people are still playing it but its not as big right now since the sequel announcement

Diablo immortal is garbage and will always be garbage but it is not designed for the pc players or diablo fans that prefer pc
    its mobile garbage designed for the chinese market

regular fans got diablo 4

- - - Updated - - -

be my guest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=3515...ature=youtu.be ; First Blizzcon after legion launch (3 months later).

- - - Updated - - -
    ^
    "hey we are going to do this at some point in the expansion but not yet" isnt the same as teasing the entire expansion cycle my friend

And why would they tease it up to 9.3? That's like an entire year of expansion.
    When did they tease entire content cycle 3 months into expansion?
    2016 covered 7.1.5-7.2 and teased Argus
    2018 covered 8.1.5-8.2.5 and teased N'zoth.

It is normal practice to cover the next ~year or so of wow developments at Blizzcon. Since it is likely that 9.1 will hit PTR very soon after Blizzconline, 9.2 is presumably planned for late summer or so, leaving 9.1, 9.1.5, 9.2, and 9.2.5 all in the scope of the event. Since .1 patches are typically on the smaller side compared to .2 patches, it stands to reason that they will also want to do both because the .2 is the more exciting information and they like doing exciting announcements at Blizzcon.

Therefore, Blizzconline will probably cover 9.1-9.2(.5) and tease whatever the location/main thing of 9.3 is.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    "hey we are going to do this at some point in the expansion but not yet" isnt the same as teasing the entire expansion cycle my friend
    But that is literally what a teaser is. Hey guys we will go to Argus, better play the expansion so that you'll know how it came to be. That is a prime example for a teaser, my friend.

I hope they will say if there will be a Blizzcon or Blizzconline in November ... Because that will necessarily be the time of the announcement of the next WOW expansion.

If this is the case, they will keep information (patch 9.3 for example) for November.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    With it being less than 2 weeks away and 9.1 being the next content drop why wouldn't they?
    cause 9.1 IS NOT the next content drop but 9.0.5 is:
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=320750/...37447-ptr-soon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The better question is why people are expecting 9.1 when it will actually be 9.1, 9.1.5, 9.2 and probably a 9.3 tease.
    it will actually be 9.0.5, 9.1, 9.1.5....

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post

- - - Updated - - -

But why would they feel the need to focus on 9.0.5 at all? It's a .0.5 patch.

i am so afraid.
    But everything is going to be fine...because we all have phones right :P:P

Man the leaks and rumors are scaring me senless.

Shutting down/merging teams.

warcraft mobile ( do not get me wrong companion app rocks) and if they would make a pet battle ( NOT pokemon go) but purely pet battle app ( like hearthstone) i would love it. But so afraid it will be more.

But lets go by franchise rumors and what i think:
    warcraft:
    Rumors: mobile stuff. yuk, please god no. Only a battle app for pets.
    guess: new patch stuff 0,5 and 1.0 patches for shadowlands.

diablo:
    Rumors: diablo 4 2022 ;'(. but better that then cyberpunk/fallout 76 crap. ( still hate the forced multiplayer bit of it).
    guess: diablo 4 annoucement. And a lot of immortal pushing ( who wants that on their phones?).

starcraft:
    rumors: remake 1/bloodwar
    guess: dead franchise for the comming years. RTS is not hot in their eyes. So remake ( hope its better) but other then that...nothing.

HoS:
    Offically dead.

overwatch:
    rumors: launch pushed back 2022
    guess: free to play because of number drops ( to much cheating in my eyes, and tanks and healers get to much nerfed). some new hero's/maps.

hearthstone:
    rumors: none that i have heard.
    guess: other expansion. man the game could have been fun if not for the extreme way of getting the cards and staying competetive. hate the fact you need to poor money into it to play/enjoy it. reason why i stopped/do not play/pay it.

so overal a boring year i think.

Would also be nice if they announced a modified version of Mystery Heroes for Overwatch 2. They can keep the current version for those who want their chaos, but also give us a version where you don't have duplicate heroes in a team and no more than 3 of a role.

And more considerable punishments for rage quitting before match end. I've seen a huge rise in it lately.

And lastly, wish they fixed the goddamn spray/voice emote bug that's plagued Mystery Heroes since last year's Halloween Terror.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure you want to consider a .0.5 patch a content drop. Going by major and minor patches of old, 9.0.5 will be a minor patch with very little content. The link even says these traditionally just add som balance tweaks, vendor items, catch up mechanics, and a follow up quest or two. Hardly anything anyone would consider content on this forum.

The next content patch is 9.1, and will have a new raid or 2, maybe a dungeon, new arena/BG, new zone, mew faction, new story, and so on. There is a huge difference in what's coming in 9.0.5 and 9.1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even rewards feel lacking for this Con =/

3+ Year Old Account
    warfronts really had good potential they should turn it into a game mode in HotS

also there was literally zero anything on Reforged release anniversary there better be anything in Blizzcon
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    warfronts really had good potential they should turn it into a game mode in HotS

also there was literally zero anything on Reforged release anniversary there better be anything in Blizzcon
    Both Warfronts and Islands suffered from too much of a focus on being part of an MMO ironically.

Warfronts especially should never have been more than a 5 player experience, any more and we quickly started to run into the problem of having too many hero units. No game of Warcraft was ever improved by having 30 hero units all fully capable of micromanaging themselves.
    All we ended up with in the end was far too much focus on the players when instead it should have been about the players leading troops into battle.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

But that is literally what a teaser is. Hey guys we will go to Argus, better play the expansion so that you'll know how it came to be. That is a prime example for a teaser, my friend.
    so in MoP them saying we are going to fight garrosh teased the content for the entire expansion before it even launched

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Both Warfronts and Islands suffered from too much of a focus on being part of an MMO ironically.

Warfronts especially should never have been more than a 5 player experience, any more and we quickly started to run into the problem of having too many hero units. No game of Warcraft was ever improved by having 30 hero units all fully capable of micromanaging themselves.
    All we ended up with in the end was far too much focus on the players when instead it should have been about the players leading troops into battle.
    if they got a pvp mode like we were promised then warfronts would have been better received but they were launched in a state where you couldnt really lose
    the heroic mode fixed that but the damage was done. It would have been really cool if you used the resources you gathered to do something like go to the barracks and send a wave of soldiers out

islands were also great but they shoved so much azerite in there that people got burnt out

I'm expecting them to announce mobile games, there's a lot of money to be made in pay-to-win, i mean free-to-play games. And yes, I expect one of those to be wow mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I'm expecting them to announce mobile games, there's a lot of money to be made in pay-to-win, i mean free-to-play games. And yes, I expect one of those to be wow mobile.
    i would immediately install a warcraft version of pokemon go