Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I haven't seen any leaks yet, interested to see what the mobile games are. WoW pet battles like old pokemon? Starcraft tower defense?

Any wishlists / speculation?
    Fix Wow or release solo RPG in Warcraft universe, that would remove all restrictions, MMO puts on it. I.e. things like armor dyeing (no avail due to lack of video memory and bandwidth for extra textures) and player's housing (too much art and 0 gameplay, won't keep players subbed, anti-social blah, blah, blah).

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    leauge of legends, fornite etc.. lol every other game more popular than blizzards
    How do you compare the popularity of a F2P game to a B2P or a Buy + Subscription game? What metrics are you using?

And how many games being more popular than a certain game does it take for that game to be considered dead?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Why would people do fake leaks when it's 100% certain their won't be any announcements of the next xpac? That would be next year...
    leaks don't need to be just about next expansion, but next patch and future ends for the xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i am not sure how many ppl here are still that much interested in what Blizz do. they clearly showed that they have nothing in common with the „old“ Blizzard. so i asume a lot of ppl just not care at all. and therefore not care much about a thread like this. thats the reason why there is not a single post since 50 mins. btw:

/first

Sad but, I'm afraid true...

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I haven't seen any leaks yet, interested to see what the mobile games are. WoW pet battles like old pokemon? Starcraft tower defense?

Any wishlists / speculation?
    There is no expansion to launch, therefore no leaks.

My predictions? We'll see 9.1 and tier sets, and a sneak-peak for 9.2 for WoW, and a more in-depth look at Overwatch 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    How do you compare the popularity of a F2P game to a B2P or a Buy + Subscription game? What metrics are you using?

And how many games being more popular than a certain game does it take for that game to be considered dead?
    thats what im saying, the fact that a game is more popular irregardless of its monetization, still means its more popular, like ofc the monetization come into play in the metrics, but it doesnt change the fact at the end of the day.

and i mena, ofc, obv blizzard is not dead technically, im jsut saying comparatively

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Never get there? Blizzard died years ago.
    Oh, right, I forgot - merger means company dead. Dear God, whatever can be done about Activi$ion-EA-Blizzard (obnoxious emoji overuse, overdramatic and overemotional waxing nostalgic about a computer video game)

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I mean.. I guess its cool for people who want to replay that, but it isnt something new realy. I never got the hype in the first place.. classic was a joke and made fun of being to easy. Tbc clown era will be the same..
    Classic wasnt a joke to many people btw.

Remember that just because you personally didnt like something, doesnt mean other people dont.

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly dont understand the hype for "Overwatch 2". It barely seems to have the content for being an expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post

I think a very large portion of people was extremely dissapoitned with what Blizzard choose to do with HoTS. Its like they purposely wanted to fail with that game. And fail they did

Hope for another Warcraft movie or series.

There won't be any new games that's for sure.

I would jizz my pants for a SC 3 not gonna lie.

Take with a grain of salt, but if this is to be believed...

- looks like TBC is being fast tracked from a July release to May, to offset atrophy of both Classic and (more dangerously) Retail player base.

- Servers will be progressed to TBC, but there will be simultaneous fresh classic realms opened.

- At some point, tokens to be introduced to TBC Classic. This is obviously to make $ but also offset the hyperinflation from botting/layering/advanced players playing the market.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    Servers will be progressed to TBC, but there will be simultaneous fresh classic realms opened.
    Make sense. I wonder if it will be "Classic season 2" or "forever Classic" stuck on Naxxramas.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Wasn't Blizzcon originally a celebration event for the game devs and most dedicated fans to meet up and have a good time? Sure publicity and PR is a huge part of it aswell, but from what I remember when I attended the feel was that it was a celebration and "geek fest".

- - - Updated - - -

If all you care about is retail WoW then it's maybe not interesting when you just got a new expansion a few months back.
    But when a new WoW expansion is expected to be announced it's electric AF, you just have to look up previous Blizzcon expansion announcement reactions.
    Aside from WoW there are many other games with huge followings, it might not be for you but that's not Blizzards fault- Blizzard isn't just about WoW.

I'm looking forward to hearing about Classic TBC, if we get it.
    Maybe some Overwatch news with characters, story mode ...maybe multiplayer story mode?
    I'm also interested in any brand new games Blizzard has in the works, if there are any at this point.
    Q&A, art/music/design panels are good ways to get behind the minds of the game creators.
    ...and obviously the fan contests never fail to make me smile and be amazed. Remember the dance contest where a dude did the male Undead dance and broke his leg and had to be carried off stage? Or when Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters) signed a girls boobs ...]
    Yeah... TBC was my favorite xpac, but i have no interest in starting over. Been there, played that. I'm into new stuff.
    But, i was talking about WoW. I don't really care about other Blizzard games. Might give diablo 4 a go, but that's it.

It's really not.

First off, the launch schedule.
    T4 & T5 at launch is bad enough but followed up by a ~6 month content drought of nothing?
    Doesn't make much sense to me.

Second, releasing fresh Classic servers about two weeks before TBC launch is straight stupid, why would you release a product that targets a very similiar audience within two weeks of each other?

If you plan on having a content drought in TBC, that's the time to launch fresh Classic, not releasing fresh Classic (which will bring in some new people for a few months) right next to TBC.

Lastly, having to pay to move your character to a "forever Classic" realm, i'm not one to defend Blizzards business practices but the sheer nerve of that move would be absolutely degenerate.
    A lot of people have multiple characters in Classic, assuming you want to move your 5-6 characters to a forever Classic realm, you have to cough up 100€+, just to play the game like you did before.

Putting aside the quite stupid notion to implement the WoW Token, while also not willing to put in more money to combat botting.
    If Blizzards wants to keep their "hands off" approach (like this leak suggest), you can't roll back on it the moment you're able to make a profit off without some backlash.

This "leak" is more bait than anything, i could even believe that Blizzard might pull one of those dumb things in there, but not all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It's really not.

First off, the launch schedule.
    T4 & T5 at launch is bad enough but followed up by a ~6 month content drought of nothing?
    Doesn't make much sense to me.

Second, releasing fresh Classic servers about two weeks before TBC launch is straight stupid, why would you release a product that targets a very similiar audience within two weeks of each other?

If you plan on having a content drought in TBC, that's the time to launch fresh Classic, not releasing fresh Classic (which will bring in some new people for a few months) right next to TBC.

Lastly, having to pay to move your character to a "forever Classic" realm, i'm not one to defend Blizzards business practices but the sheer nerve of that move would be absolutely degenerate.
    A lot of people have multiple characters in Classic, assuming you want to move your 5-6 characters to a forever Classic realm, you have to cough up 100€+, just to play the game like you did before.

Putting aside the quite stupid notion to implement the WoW Token, while also not willing to put in more money to combat botting.
    If Blizzards wants to keep their "hands off" approach (like this leak suggest), you can't roll back on it the moment you're able to make a profit off without some backlash.

This "leak" is more bait than anything, i could even believe that Blizzard might pull one of those dumb things in there, but not all of them.
    I disagree with a few of your arguments, although its opinion based and I can't qualify the value of that post.

- There are a sizeable number of people who enjoy leveling, progressing, and finishing Classic (just like any other game). Once Classic comes to the end of its cycle and they're full T3 / BiS naxx equipped... they wait for a new private realm to open up and start again with a new character class. So the perpetual Classic realm restarting every 2 years costs Blizzard nothing, and maybe keeps 100,000 people happy?

- Progressing the existing classic realms to TBC is the logical process. I've had my fun in classic, i'm done with it for at least another decade (maybe forever) but being able to revisit the experience 15 years later has been an absolute blast. Now time to play my favorite expansion.

- TBC launch is exactly as it was in 2006. T4 and T5 launched simultaneously with patch 2.0. "No changes".

I also think TBC Classic will see even more returning players to WoW than WoW Classic did. Player population didn't peak until Wrath, so there's a lot of people whose virgin wow experience was TBC and thats what they want to see. Vanilla has a lot of idiocyncracies (particularly class balance) that are fixed in TBC, which remains for many the definitive WoW experience.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Warcraft 4. We finally get it.... exclusively on mobile. That's my prediction :P
    would love it actually

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree with a few of your arguments, although its opinion based and I can't qualify the value of that post.

- There are a sizeable number of people who enjoy leveling, progressing, and finishing Classic (just like any other game). Once Classic comes to the end of its cycle and they're full T3 / BiS naxx equipped... they wait for a new private realm to open up and start again with a new character class. So the perpetual Classic realm restarting every 2 years costs Blizzard nothing, and maybe keeps 100,000 people happy?

- Progressing the existing classic realms to TBC is the logical process. I've had my fun in classic, i'm done with it for at least another decade (maybe forever) but being able to revisit the experience 15 years later has been an absolute blast. Now time to play my favorite expansion.

- TBC launch is exactly as it was in 2006. T4 and T5 launched simultaneously with patch 2.0. "No changes".

I also think TBC Classic will see even more returning players to WoW than WoW Classic did. Player population didn't peak until Wrath, so there's a lot of people whose virgin wow experience was TBC and thats what they want to see. Vanilla has a lot of idiocyncracies (particularly class balance) that are fixed in TBC, which remains for many the definitive WoW experience.
    There is a thing that a lot of people enjoy games because they are full of life, a lot of people around. Having a lot of different variations going on together maybe would survive on their own but would reduce the all together number of players playing.

9.1 and upcoming features beyond that with a PTR release/release date announced. D4 updates.

That's about it.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Fix reforged
    fix reforged
    fix reforged
    fix reforged
    fix reforged
    and remove that retarded eula

- - - Updated - - -

FIX REFORGED
    FIX REFORGED
    FIX REFORGED
    FIX REFORGED
    FIX REFORGED
    AND REMOVE THAT RETARDED EULA

Take it slow pal. I think you're stroking out.

and Reforged is a lost cause. Better to cut your losses now.

3+ Year Old Account

- looks like TBC is being fast tracked from a July release to May, to offset atrophy of both Classic and (more dangerously) Retail player base.

- Servers will be progressed to TBC, but there will be simultaneous fresh classic realms opened.

- At some point, tokens to be introduced to TBC Classic. This is obviously to make $ but also offset the hyperinflation from botting/layering/advanced players playing the market.
    too much time between the content releases, there is no way ZA will be 7months

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    Agree. First fake leak discovered :P

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    2.0.0 1/16/2007 30 weeks Karazhan / Gruul's Lair / Magtheridon's Lair (Tier 4) / Serpentshrine Cavern / Tempest Keep: The Eye (Tier 5) Official Release Date
    2.1.0 5/22/2007 18 weeks Battle for Mount Hyjal / Black Temple (Tier 6)
    2.3.0 11/13/2007 25 weeks Zul'Aman
    2.4.0 3/2/2008 16 weeks Sunwell Plateau

No changes.