10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Dude! You have taken the hit, might as well stay and enjoy the sun!!

Facing criticism for flying to Mexico while his state grapples with severe weather, Sen. Ted Cruz says he went because his daughters asked for a trip

Haha! Like any asshole, blame the daughter.

Sarcasm here. So do I get to call his daughter an asshole now, since he put the blame on her? I mean Ted you asked for it by blaming the daughter. Yes, this is sarcasm folks.
    It's also in direct contradiction of what his own colleagues were saying about the trip being "long planned" and the return date originally being Saturday, lol.

Should have just enjoyed the vacation, too late now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    It's also in direct contradiction of what his own colleagues were saying about the trip being "long planned" and the return date originally being Saturday, lol.

Should have just enjoyed the vacation, too late now.
    Agreed. Idiot doing idiotic things, and then covering the lie and the idiocy with idiotic lies. Fucking asshat of a human being. Meanwhile, as a reminder, the person he beat in 2018 for his Senate seat, Beto O'Rourke, is organizing well checks for seniors in Texas.

Are there any GOP members of the Senate doing any good for the country? Serious question.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Well... Cruz's daughter is earning her keep by getting the blame.
    Clothes, iPhone, internet, school, etc., is not free. Daughter has to take some bullets to earn her keep.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Agreed. Idiot doing idiotic things, and then covering the lie and the idiocy with idiotic lies. Fucking asshat of a human being. Meanwhile, as a reminder, the person he beat in 2018 for his Senate seat, Beto O'Rourke, is organizing well checks for seniors in Texas.

Are there any GOP members of the Senate doing any good for the country? Serious question.
    There are GOP non-Senators that are also doing idiotic things.

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-in-turm...001836836.html

Title: Texas in turmoil and no one is taking responsibility: 'We are in the middle of a humanitarian crisis'

Excerpt:

The mayor of the west Texas town of Colorado City recently resigned from backlash after saying it wasn’t the government’s responsibility to help those suffering.

“No one owes you or your family anything; nor is it the local government’s responsibility to support you during trying times like this!” Tim Boyd wrote on Facebook, based on screenshots from local CBS affiliate KTAB. “Sink or swim, it’s your choice! The City and County, along with power providers or any other service owes you NOTHING!”
    Wow... his original can complete post was much much worse. Check out https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tim-boy...power-outages/ for a screen shot of the original post in Facebook. Totally disgusting.

Another interesting tidbit: I couldn't find any links that actually stated that he was a republican. One article called him "Boyd, ex-Mayor of Colorado City" and later referred to the governor as "Abbot (R)".

Apparently it is assumed that if someone is saying something THAT stupid and vicious, then that person is most definitely a republican.
    Last edited by Omega10; 2021-02-18 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    My favorite part is him wearing a sweater from Patagonia. You know, the company that uses these tags.
    Sidebar on this: Patagonia is rad as hell. Listened to a super interesting interview with some of their design team on how they navigate the complex web of tariffs etc. even during normal circumstances and holy shit, they're creative as fuck. Adding "nurse pockets" to some jackets to avoid some tariffs, changing materials, altering design to circumvent restrictions etc.

I'm trying to find it now, but it was fascinating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Haha! Like any asshole, blame the daughter.
    He wants to spend more time with his family?

I do have a question. The optics of this suck, no question. This is "let them eat cake" 2021 edition. And Cruz is a well-known coward scumbag.

What, exactly, should he be doing? I mean, if I read correctly the Texas power grid is off federal jurisdiction. And Cruz can't call in troops.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    He wants to spend more time with his family?

I do have a question. The optics of this suck, no question. This is "let them eat cake" 2021 edition. And Cruz is a well-known coward scumbag.

What, exactly, should he be doing? I mean, if I read correctly the Texas power grid is off federal jurisdiction. And Cruz can't call in troops.
    And his daughters are like...12? Is the preteen party scene that lit in Cancun?

He coulda just like, flown them to literally any other state that has electricity and running water and the backlash would be a fraction of what it is now.

I'm so pleased that Ted Cruz continues to do everything he can to make it as abundantly clear that he's vying for the "Biggest piece of shit" award and that he's a serious contender for 2021 in just a few short months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He coulda just like, flown them to literally any other state that has electricity and running water and the backlash would be a fraction of what it is now.
    Wait, Cruz brought his 12-year-old girl to a country filled with crime and rapists? And some, I assume, are good people?

You got it backwards. He was forced to take the trip by the 12-year old.
    Party of personal responsibility everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Well... Cruz's daughter is earning her keep by getting the blame.
    Cruz is truly one of those manly men that Texas is so famous for. Spends 4 years kissing the ass of a guy who called his wife ugly and now blames his preteen daughter when people start giving him flak for abandoning his state.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    You got it backwards.
    I don't dispute at all that Cruz loves his daughter. You know what you don't do with people you love? Take them to a place you honestly believe is full of crime and rapists.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe this asshat lost to Beto.
    Have you seen Texas voting districts?

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Senate races are state-wide...

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Yeah, but Senate elections are statewide so gerrymandering doesn't come into play.

I can't believe this asshat lost to Beto.
    Texas being texas
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Cruz is truly one of those manly men that Texas is so famous for. Spends 4 years kissing the ass of a guy who called his wife ugly and now blames his preteen daughter when people start giving him flak for abandoning his state.
    Don't forget his dad being called the killer of JFK. A real man's man kissing the ass of the man who insulted his father and wife and now throwing his daughter under the bus to cover the heat. That is the kind of guy I want as my president. /s That anyone would look at Cruz and not see him for the spineless earth worm that he is is beyond my understanding.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm howling.

Apparently someone in Heidi Cruz' group chat leaked the logs to the press and...well...

"Confirmed by a second person on the thread". Fucking lol.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I'm howling.
    I don't know which is funnier, yet more evidence that Cruz was lying, or that someone his wife trusted ratted them out to the media.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I don't know which is funnier, yet more evidence that Cruz was lying, or that someone his wife trusted ratted them out to the media.
    I look forward to Cruz' forthcoming endorsement of the person that snitched on his wife in their bid for the Presidency in 2024.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/timjhogan/status...49731004710913

Apparent receipts on the texts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/18/u...rm-cancun.html

And full NYT story here.

This is very, "Let them eat cake." to me.
    God, and you just know that everyone in the chat is pointing fingers trying to figure out who leaked the chat logs, lol.