Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sorry guys, but I would rather have six months for every season/major content cycle, than those past expansions like Mists of Pandaria where we had all the major patches for that given expansion released within eleven months and then a whole lot of nothing to do for fourteen months or so.

This is a game based on the endgame, people that are already starving for new content don't play endgame content and that's why you guys are starving, you guys will be complaining again about content two months after 9.1 is released. Blizzard will never meet these short content deadlines. The game is sixteen years old and the community have always been like this, seems like people only want to explore the new content and watch the new cinematics pretending this game is a Netflix show, guess what, it's not, the game is about the challenge, about growing in power, about beating others and beating the content, it's not traveling, it's a journey. Sorry, but an MMORPG game is all about replayability, if you don't like replayability you don't like MMORPG's because MMORPG's is all about beating challenges and goals, it's not a linear platform single-player game like Crash Bandicoot that you clear in a couple of hours and it's over.

WoW will never deliver enough content for people that just three months after one whole new expansion was released are already starving for more. The game is declining folks do you guys truly believe that WoW still has that giant staff...?! Don't be naive! 8.3 PTR lasted for nearly three months and COVID wasn't a thing back then...

Instead of asking Blizzard to hurry up with half-baked content, I would rather have good and polished content. Heck, Shadowlands wasn't even that polished when was released back on November 23, but was still somewhat good nonetheless, so now imagine how that could've ended up if they had gone with that 27 October release...

We all like new content, but an MMO isn't all about the new content, it's about gameplay replayability, new content is important, yes, but well-polished content is even more important. It's a marathon, it's not a sprint.

Edit Plus:
    Also don't forget that Battle for Azeroth lasted for 27 months. If we had a major patch every 4-5 months the last patch would've been 8.5, so... yeah.
    Last edited by Luck4; 2021-02-20 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Since legion it's generally been 5-6 months between most major patches.

Also it's not "normally" 3 months for the first patch.
    8.0 August 14, 2018, 8.1 December 11, 2018, 5 month gap.
    7.0 July 19, 2016, 7.1 October 25, 2016, 3 month gap.
    6.0 October 15, 2014, 6.1(lol) February 27, 2015, 4 month gap.
    5.0 August 28, 2012, 5.1 November 27, 2012, 3 month gap
    4.0 November 23, 2010, 4.1 April 26, 2011, 5 month gap.
    3.0 November 13, 2008, 3.1 April 14, 2009, 5 month gap.

There's some variance, but between 3 and 5 months seems normal for x.1. When you take into account a month of pre-patch, then it's closer to 6. The 3 month ones are rarer, and neither came with completely new raids. 5.1 had no raid content, and 7.1 introduced Trial of Valour, which used no new environments or models and contained only 3 bosses.
    Right, but that was in part because expansions before BfA had the issue of 1 year+ final patches, so they would do the first 2 raid tiers in the first year of the expansion, and the last patch would last up to 15 months. They decided they wanted to try and space that out more, so if they were only doing 3 raid tiers, there's no way they'd release the 2nd one 6 months in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Right, but that was in part because expansions before BfA had the issue of 1 year+ final patches, so they would do the first 2 raid tiers in the first year of the expansion, and the last patch would last up to 15 months. They decided they wanted to try and space that out more, so if they were only doing 3 raid tiers, there's no way they'd release the 2nd one 6 months in.
    What gives you the impression Shadowlands will only have 3 tiers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    The entire world is suffering from a pandemic and some are dying. Yet we still get a free Blizzcon to watch for free and yet some people whine and cry about "not enough to show bla bla this patch looks boring bla bla"

Be fucking grateful that you are alive and your beloved are alive beside you playing with you WoW and be grateful that Blizzard still working toward the god damn games you really like. Dont like it? dont fucking play and move on...as simple as that.

Not saying Blizzard is perfect but give them a fucking break really. This pandemic changed everything, many lives been lost and many business been lost forever. Entire companies closed and bankruped and yet we still have bunch of entitled fuckers whine about a delayed patch...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    The entire world is suffering from a pandemic and some are dying. Yet we still get a free Blizzcon to watch for free and yet some people whine and cry about "not enough to show bla bla this patch looks boring bla bla"

Be fucking grateful that you are alive and your beloved are alive beside you playing with you WoW and be grateful that Blizzard still working toward the god damn games you really like. Dont like it? dont fucking play and move on...as simple as that.

Not saying Blizzard is perfect but give them a fucking break really. This pandemic changed everything, many lives been lost and many business been lost forever. Entire companies closed and bankruped and yet we still have bunch of entitled fuckers whine about a delayed patch...
    Pot, meet kettle.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Blizzard is done of creating new shit. Why waste money on new shit when mindless sheeps just gobble up old rehashed crap ?

There is no need for blizzard to spend lot of time and money pushing out new quality patches and games when they can just put a new coat of paint on 10-20 year old games and just milk the money that way

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    I mean, the 6 month patch cycle thing only really applies if the expansion is going to have 4 raid tiers (24 month long expansion = 4 x 6 month raid tiers). 4 raid tiers per expansion isn't a standard/normal thing - BfA and WoTLK were the only expansions that had that
    WOTLK had 4 -> 1 Naxx+Sarth+Malygos, 2 Ulduar, 3 TOC, 4 ICC
    Legion had 4 -> 1 Emerald Nightmare, Trial of Valor, 2 Nighthold, 3 Tomb of Sargeras, 4 Antorus.
    BFA had 4 -> 1 Uldir, 2 Battle for Dazar'alor, Crucible of Storms, 3 Eternal Palace, 4 Nyalotha

So, it's pretty balanced out on having 3 or 4, but the latest 2 expansions both had 4 (and WoD only had 3 because it got scrapped, its well recorded), so it's safe to asume we'll also get 4 for Shadowlands, hence the 6months assumption between raids. Even the ones that only had 3 raid tiers were different days where a raid tier would encompass multiple raids (Serpentshrine Cavern + Tempest Keep, Black Temple + Mount Hyjal, Bastion of Twilight + Blackwing Descent + Throne of the Four Winds or Heart of Fear + Mogu'shan Vaults + Terrace of the Endless Spring, and they've since moved away from that format).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Blizzard is done of creating new shit. Why waste money on new shit when mindless sheeps just gobble up old rehashed crap ?

There is no need for blizzard to spend lot of time and money pushing out new quality patches and games when they can just put a new coat of paint on 10-20 year old games and just milk the money that way
    What exactly is rehashed about Shadowlands? Having Dungeons, Raids, Battlegrounds and Mounts?
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-02-20 at 04:45 AM.

You clowns sure act like you know things. You don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    this is an incredibly standard patch preview at blizzcon. remember the rise of azshara teaser? they showed next to nothing at blizzcon, then had a full demo in march.
    are u sure? I remember clearly i saw some of azsh/gnome zone, i was pissed that the zone ended with what exactly we saw
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    What exactly is rehashed about Shadowlands? Having Dungeons, Raids, Battlegrounds and Mounts?
    Im not talking about shadowlands. Im talking about the lack of new shit in shadowlands due to rehashing of other games, like tbc classic

Big plans for 9.1 but yeah virtually nothing to show as of yet it’s months away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    With how little they are able to show us about the new zone, dungeon, and raid that is in development, are we going to be waiting 6-7 months after release for this patch?
    We knew everything from so called "leaks", so I expected some details to be revealed on Blizzcon. But no. Only thing, we heard, was Ions laughable statements about listening for players' feedback, that are all complete lies, because nothing was done according to players' feedback.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2021-02-20 at 06:01 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    This was awful.

I think Ion needs to go, but even if he did there'd still be the issue of Activision. There's clearly no heart in any of this stuff. Just more of the same from launch.

How can they not pick up on the extreme excitement for Allied Race customization on the forums, and use that as a major selling point for 9.1 during their presentation?
    Quit giving ion shit here.. this is literally not his fault. The team is behind because of having to work under difficult circumstances. Working from home brings alot of different logistical problems than working on campus.

They showed us exactly what was needed and if you have to be negative about it rather than just appreciating they even give us information, stop being on the internet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    We knew everything from so called "leaks", so I expected some details to be revealed on Blizzcon. But no. Only thing, we heard, was Ions laughable statement about listening for players' feedback, that are all complete lies, because nothing wasn't done according to players' feedback.
    We still have a q/a to go through.. gotta remember this isnt exactly a blizzcon compared to usually.. the panels are less and shorter.. so not as much info in one panel (and with 9.0.5 just having hit the ptr) was only to be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Im not talking about shadowlands. Im talking about the lack of new shit in shadowlands due to rehashing of other games, like tbc classic
    What an absurd comment.

It's almost as if different games have different development teams, working on different things. Blizzard isn't 10 dudes alternating between every project.

The fact that you express that means you're either trolling, or oblivious to the matter. If the latter, i hope i elucidated you.

10+ Year Old Account
    We knew everything from so called "leaks", so I expected some details to be revealed on Blizzcon. But no. Only thing, we heard, was Ions laughable statement about listening for players' feedback, that are all complete lies, because nothing wasn't done according to players' feedback.
    So increasing the anima from m+ and raids and increasing raid loot by 33% and bringing valor points back = they are not listening to feedbacks?

No matter what they do to you guys? they always lose eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    So increasing the anima from m+ and raids and increasing raid loot by 33% and bringing valor points back = they are not listening to feedbacks?

No matter what they do to you guys? they always lose eh?
    And this was known problems since Beta. We have been playing for 4 months with this problems. And they're fixed just now? And problem is - it's not all problems, we have. Casual content isn't fixed AT ALL. No fixes for leveling. No fixes for Renown RNG. No increase of anima income from WQs. Sorry, but NONE of my concerns are fixed. No reason for me to return till 9.1. And what new content will I have in 9.1? Flying? After another X months of time-gated Renown grind, that can be skipped due to catch-up mechanism and nothing else to do in game before getting flying? Literally no major problems are fixed.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I bet blizzard is hitting a labor shortage due to Morhaime's new company hiring just down the street.

7+ Year Old Account
    And this was known problems since Beta. We have been playing for 4 months with this problems. And they're fixed just now? And problem is - it's not all problems, we have. Casual content isn't fixed AT ALL. No fixes for leveling. No fixes for Renown RNG. No increase of anima income from WQs. Sorry, but NONE of my concerns are fixed. No reason for me to return till 9.1. And what new content will I have in 9.1? Flying? After another X months of time-gated Renown grind, that can be skipped due to catch-up mechanism and nothing else to do in game before getting flying? Literally no major problems are fixed.
    From a casual player view myself being one i can tell you that the anima currently rewarded is fine. The leveling is fine, the renown catchup is only applicable to alts and in that case fine..
    The primaey issue is gear.. and valor isnt going to fix that..
    M+ drops too little and has a too steep entry requirement made by raider.io which breeds elitism. Meaning the casual player gets even less of a chance to actually get better gear and get to experience the harder content to actuaæly experience the game.
    Last edited by zhorteye; 2021-02-20 at 06:14 AM.

Keep in mind that this may have been recorded for a while though. Feasel said: "The tarragrue has been kicking you out of Torghast for a while". This was a thing back in beta, so they either don't play their game or some footage was captured in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it is all about you right? man get the fuck out of here you fucking entitled brat. Entitled brats like you is the reason why gaming community became so degenerate because you all think "It is just about you just because you pay for it" fuck you and fuck your money really. Dont like it? good get lost really community is better off with entitled fucks like you.