Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    what are they going to sell, these premades have to level their professions, they are by default not able to compete with already established mains. tbc happens, I go into hellfire and start gathering, pre-made 58 spawns into the game, professions at 0, they aren't going to be putting much on the AH. they are going to have to invest time into their 58 before its even close to anyones main. but the pre-patch period where the palas and shaman get levelled to 58-60 in preparation for the gate opening, means you'll have time to get to 58 yourself without paying anything. thats the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexs View Post
    Because I want it limited as fuck. Time and amount. There should be no boost in the first place.
    No one gives 2 effs what you want

Quote Originally Posted by tyranade View Post
    I think it’s will have repercussions on the amount of people levelling in the world and also on things like the economy where hordes of premises will get a head start on the AH.
    boosted people will get headstart on AH? compared to people who will copy their character at lvl 60 with already skilled profesions and craploads of gold?

i heard (read actualy) this crap so many times but its factualy wrong, people who will be boosted will be BEHIND people who copy their char from vanila, they will have little gold, nower level, no profesions and only slow mount...
    now if the situation was everybody starts from the scratch, no copies at all, i would get how boost gives an advantage, but like this? it doesnt, at all
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-02-21 at 09:10 AM.

Deadass I'm sad it can't be used for blood elves and draenei because levelling in classic content is a fucking terrible expirence and the most anti-fun I've had in a while. But alas, I want to play a horde paladin so I must suffer.

I can see it being good for people who skipped classic and want to play with friends who didn't skip it. TBC is a big fav for a lot of people and making them slog through vanilla is cruel.

I don't think it'll be a slog at that point because the talent trees will be bigger and so it'll likely be a lot easier than it currently is. besides that you have a ton of ppl sitting around in naxx gear doing not very much. its not that bad, if you end up being that invested in the game then you're gunna level an alt eventually anyway. but this is what keeps the bottom end of the game going an mmo has to have new players or old players making alts to feed into the upper parts of the game, new guilds/ dungeon runs/ alt pug raids etc etc. has to come from somewhere.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-02-21 at 09:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aside from the boost gear, you’ll have no idea if someone boosted their char. 1-60 teaches you jack about your class. Even leveling a new Draenei shaman in live tbc I didn’t touch the new tbc leveling zones in the vanilla world. A 58 boost affects you and me in no way
    Last edited by Fallen Angel; 2021-02-21 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    it kills the old world
    You say that like the old world isnt going to be mostly dead after a month into TBC classic when the mages will do exactly what they did before

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Also only if you dont have a lvl58+ character already.
    perfect that my highest classic char is level 22

also dont delude yourself that couple months into TBC they wont allow people to just buy char boosts in classic

and as for TBC ? most people will be leveling their blood elves from 1 anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    wait once per account, uh, how would that work?
    I don't get it
    so if I don't use it I will have a boost sitting there forever on the character screen for the many decades to come? lol
    I've got several that came with CEs I got for mounts and toys sitting there since I only play one toon.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

People actually believe the boost is a terrible idea cause they dont want others to play TBC right away? Do you guys honestly want others to play the clown fiesta that classic is just to touch TBC? stupidity at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    People actually believe the boost is a terrible idea cause they dont want others to play TBC right away? Do you guys honestly want others to play the clown fiesta that classic is just to touch TBC? stupidity at its finest.
    Bro its wow players they spent so long gatekeeping they dont know what else to do

That’s how the original game was. You levelled from scratch. That’s the point of Classic, to reenact the game as it once was. Nobody could get a level 58 from start in TBC. It hasn’t got anything to do with “stopping people playing from 58’’ but to stop the game from being something else than it once was.
    Well you got what you wanted and people that want the Classic experience, like myself, may not play. I’m not reviewing my subscription.
    Last edited by tyranade; 2021-02-21 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Grammar

its only 1 expansion sooner because for wrath DK's pretty much start at 58 so, it was somewhat inevitable that the gap between expansions gets smaller. it happening for tbc, it is sooner at the same time I feel like they will still be behind in terms of time invested, if someone was interested in farming exalted reputations for example, they still have that grind. these 58s to me are somewhat representative of what you get when you made a DK for the first time. that is still something that will happen at some point.

People pretend their gameplay is gonna get affected because Jimmy wants to try TBC and not deal with the joke that classic is, this is such a lame argument on the same lvl as any non LFR raider asking for LFR removal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyranade View Post
    That’s how the original game was. You levelled from scratch. That’s the point of Classic, to reenact the game as it once was. Nobody could get a level 58 from start in TBC. It hasn’t got anything to do with “stopping people playing from 58’’ but to stop the game from being something else than it once was.
    Well you got what you wanted and people that want the Classic experience, like myself, may not play. I’m not reviewing my subscription.
    How many people started at 58 in tbc? How are you going to know who leveled legit and who didn’t once all their boost gear is replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    That'll actually get me to play TBC. I'm sure theres more with my mindset than yours tbh
    That's good I have a 60 on Classic with epic mount and some gold but i am 100% for the boost start package for players. That is the only way to get a stream of new blood. Because Classic pop died quite a bit and it needs a big uptime. Many were on the fence of actually playing TBC but (rightfully so) hated the thought of having to level from 1 to 70.

Classic experience is all about min maxing and max level raiding and soon Arena in TBC. Nobody cares about leveling and they want to have it done asap. A quick look at the boosting meta currently on Classic just shows that. Many who started Classic last year gave up early because leveling was tedious as well.

Personally i loved leveling my first toon from 1 to 60 but the meta quickly took over and leveling alts after that felt horrible. The more they give the option to skip it the better. Even if xp is nerfed in TBC.

you'll know because they won't have t3.

personally I think its better to start at level 1 because its a smoother experience when it comes to sorting out your UI and hotkeys, having 58 levels of abilities thrown at you, having to sort out your addons and UI, all at the same time is just not as smooth as being able to go through the game, level up your professions, figure out which abilities are best assigned to which hotkeys, this just doesn't come instantly and requires some amount of testing. actually going through the game you have the chance to really put everything where it needs to be. get accustomed to that class and learn to play it well.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-02-21 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    you'll know because they won't have t3.

personally I think its better to start at level 1 because its a smoother experience when it comes to sorting out your UI and hotkeys, having 58 levels of abilities thrown at you, having to sort out your addons and UI, all at the same time is just not as smooth as being able to go through the game, level up your professions, figure out which abilities are best assigned to which hotkeys, this just doesn't come instantly and requires some amount of testing. actually going through the game you have the chance to really put everything where it needs to be. get accustomed to that class and learn to play it well.
    You say this like a ton of people playing TBC will be fresh blood that never tried wow? when in reality its gonna be mostly players that already play retail and are pretty much used to everything you mentioned, with a good bunch of them used to more complexity even or returning players that also already know all of this, so i dont get this, and again, people wanna play TBC content, leveling from 1-60 isnt TBC content.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    You say this like a ton of people playing TBC will be fresh blood that never tried wow? when in reality its gonna be mostly players that already play retail and are pretty much used to everything you mentioned, with a good bunch of them used to more complexity even, so i dont get this.
    it doesn't matter, you don't log into the game and have everything setup for you, all your macros and hotkeys in the right places, all your addons and UI elements the way you want them. all this shit takes time and effort to sort out and doesn't just happen the moment you start playing.

you can't cut classic from tbc, they are intrinsically linked, its just wow, there is no classic and tbc its just wow. one singular game with a beginning and end. there always has to be a bottom end, whether you are new or not, the game has to cater to players who have never played the game, while it also has to have some level of churn, so that you can make an alt one day, and still find groups.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-02-21 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    it doesn't matter, you don't log into the game and have everything setup for you, all your macros and hotkeys in the right places, all your addons and UI elements the way you want them. all this shit takes time and effort to sort out and doesn't just happen the moment you start playing.
    This takes you what, a couple of mins? you gonna tell me at this point you dont know all your keybinds by muscle memory and addons config? dont pretend people are gonna play wow for the first time, cuz its a lie.