Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Yeah, ongoing focus...

Doesn't mean consistent.
    it mean it is a focus on the shadowlands expansion, they even said many will come

not something they will do on the next expansion

I guess Blizz doesn't like easy money? I mean, they didn't even have to create backstories, zones, cities, racial abilities, mounts, or armor for these options. Literally the bare minimum and easiest thing they could do, but even that is too much effort?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    it mean it is a focus on the shadowlands expansion, they even said many will come

not something they will do on the next expansion
    Are you tryna argue that Blizzard's lying or that they're not? Cause I'm arguing they're not necessarily lying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I guess Blizz doesn't like easy money? I mean, they didn't even have to create backstories, zones, cities, racial abilities, mounts, or armor for these options. Literally the bare minimum and easiest thing they could do, but even that is too much effort?
    We really only need armor and customizations. Zones, mounts, and cities are already dealt with.

7+ Year Old Account
    Are you tryna argue that Blizzard's lying or that they're not? Cause I'm arguing they're not necessarily lying.
    they are doing the opposite of what they said they were going to do.

they are doing the opposite of what they said they were going to do.
    We'll probably see more by 9.2 or something. All they said was that we would not see more in the near future. And besides, even if we don't get more in SL, that gives them time to add a fuck ton more in 10.0.

- - - Updated - - -

And that is ESPECIALLY if SL's gives us some crazy shit like the Planes of Life for patch content, etc. SL is Blizzard's most art-insane expansion as it is.

To me, it just sounds like this means they're gonna use those resources and pour it into whatever they're planning right now for the next expansion.

Could be new class, could be new Allied Races, could be more cosmetics for the new Covenants; whatever it may be. That stuff's gotta be planned and started years in advance.

Are those guys even trying to pretend they aren't lying? forums is full of this shit about new customizations and they say they don't have nothing?

The customizations were supposed to be the big sell point from Shadowlands since we were not getting a new class or new races and they are, once again, half assenting this shit

I can't believe there is no option for dragonmaw or blackrock skin for orcs, neither true grimtotem colors for taurens and beards for trolls, but they bend over for the elf shitshow
    New race customization options was in no way a selling point of Shadowlands. You don't even need Shadowlands to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    New race customization options was in no way a selling point of Shadowlands. You don't even need Shadowlands to use them.
    Blizzard apparently disagrees with you, since the advertised it as one of the selling points of the expansion.

It's always been the case that some "expansion features" don't require the expansion to use. For example, the leveling re-vamp was an "expansion feature" but applies to everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

this, we actually played ourselves here, this was to be expected
    I mean, I agree. I'm cynical enough at this point.

But normally I dismiss anything lawyery or weaselly they have to say. If they say "we want to," or "we plan to," I already dismiss it off-hand because they can just go "nothing was promised."

This was a promise, though. And they lied.

- - - Updated - - -

Might wanna take that issue up with the official Shadowlands features page, then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    I literally could not care less about this. I've never understood how someone could possibly have so much free time that they give a fuck about adjusting their character's nostril height or ear lobe length instead of actually playing a game and I don't understand why you need 600 different shades of hair colour individually adjustable per hair/mustache/beard in order to enjoy playing WoW.

A single second of dev time spent on character customization beyond what we currently have is completely wasted when it could be going towards gameplay improvements instead.
    Nice strawman, friend.

People want more customization so they want to customize every follicle of their character's ballsack. They can't just want more hair, eye colors, options for scars, whatever.

Also, gameplay mechanics and visuals aren't handled by the same teams, you donut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Shadowlands had the biggest increase in player customization - by huge margins -, in a long time. They can take a break from that now, and add more stuff further down the line. In like 2-3 expansions.
    SL also has the smallest zones launch in entire warcraft history, even Cata had bigger zones than SL, not to mention horrible artificial extending of time in zones because u have to walk everywhere and no whistle (not to mention the 'portals' of both necrolords and revendreth are sh8t even at rank 2, nothing like the far better superior bastion/night fae)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    I literally could not care less about this. I've never understood how someone could possibly have so much free time that they give a fuck about adjusting their character's nostril height or ear lobe length instead of actually playing a game and I don't understand why you need 600 different shades of hair colour individually adjustable per hair/mustache/beard in order to enjoy playing WoW.

A single second of dev time spent on character customization beyond what we currently have is completely wasted when it could be going towards gameplay improvements instead.
    u playing rpg game... this is extremely important in a rpg game
    i know blizz forgot that and deleted lot of rpg elements for gameplay (like reagents, poison profession, weapon skill, soul shards etc) but this game is still on its core a rpg game, and in rpg customization is important
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Side note: No allied race armor sets were revealed/talked about so I guess we're not getting those either. RIP that idea. Might get to have all the races done in a few expansions.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I wasn't talking about that specifically. Just saying that when a competitor pops up right next door and doesn't have all the corporate nonsense, you are probably going to have talent leave. There were a bunch if peoppe from blizzard that left to Morhaime's company.
    Is there any thing actually backing up that abunch of people left to work with Morhaime?

What makes it seem so lazy to me is that they could literally cut and paste the customizations from things like orcs to maghar orcs and blood elves to void elves. It’s like a 30 minute afternoon project.

7+ Year Old Account
    Undead need beards! Trolls need beards! Allied races need the customizations of their standard counterparts and vice versa! Nightborne need a complete overhaul! The list goes on and on, there is so much more they could be adding...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I mean, I agree. I'm cynical enough at this point.

But normally I dismiss anything lawyery or weaselly they have to say. If they say "we want to," or "we plan to," I already dismiss it off-hand because they can just go "nothing was promised."

This was a promise, though. And they lied.
    yeah, the point is how they lied before, so we should expect that

you can disagree all you want you are just wrong.

Wod new model was available to everyone, and still was a selling point for the expansion in place of a new race.

and just like the customizations they will half asset that

We'll probably see more by 9.2 or something.
    if they didn't to 9.1 why expect they will in 9.2?
    that gives them time to add a fuck ton more in 10.0.
    no it don't, thats not how it works

Let’s just keep pretending that light forged, high mountain and night Bourne don’t have 4 options for “customization”

They went quite literal with it being a selling point of the expansion

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    No one cares about them because a lot of people didn't understand why they haven't been customization options instead. There may have been some interest in nightborne if they had given us the actual nightborne models though.
    Exactly. What we got doesn't look like the Nightborne at all. I want to play the NPC model not whatever the monstrosity the player models are.

What a spectacular backfire this was!

Can we just talk about the "new" male Human hairstyle with a ponytail in the middle of nowhere again? Lol

It says everything about how mutch they care

Last edited by Rootsbum; 2021-02-25 at 01:42 AM.