Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ArthasDidNothingWrong View Post
    Oh no the botter hit end level 2 weeks earlier than he would have without a boost.
    You do realize that's two additional weeks of revenue for goldfarmers?

Especially because they no longer have to worry less about any account being banned, they can resort to extremely aggresive farming strats to make more gold/h.
    If they got too cocky and all of their accounts get banned in Classic, they have to level those again, which leads to days without any income.

With the boost, you will always have bots at the ready to farm, they'll be back on day one even after the most brutal ban waves because unless Blizzard charges an outrageous amount for the boost, every bot will break even within days.

It also makes the detection of those network far more difficult, if you have botaccount that perma boosts all other bot accounts in Classic, you can easily link one of those bots back those others once you detect one of them, you can ban the entire network of a goldfarmer in one fell swoop.

With the boost, it's virtually impossible, because every bot is an individual.

It's basic business, really, you invest more but receive revenue sooner, which is crucial when a bot only has limited lifespan until the next banwave anyway.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-03 at 11:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok heres my question.. a 58 boost with blues and level 40 mount will the boost have some gold to work with?
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

So the exact same thing they offer for the new expansions, basically, for the exact same reason?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    You do realize that's two additional weeks of revenue for goldfarmers?
    Nothing changes though. Botters are still going to bot, regardless of a one-time level boost.

It's not "two weeks" either. Bots can play 24/7 without ever stopping or slowing down, so they can go from 1-58 in about 3 or 4 days real time, with all the exp nerfs TBC has.

What the difference of two weeks when they aren’t even being banned at all?
    They get banned, not frequently enough however to make the endeavor not profitable.
    And the boost makes them even harder to detect, right now one can at least use dungeon boosting to link them all together, with the boost you have to go after each bot manually.
    If we start banning the bots more frequently then the boost will no longer be valuable to them anyway, seeing as how they are only getting caught at end level. So it would be cheaper for them to just level it up in the first place.
    Yeah, *if* is unfortunately the keyword here.
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    It's not "two weeks" either. Bots can play 24/7 without ever stopping or slowing down, so they can go from 1-58 in about 3 or 4 days real time, with all the exp nerfs TBC has.
    96 hours for 1-58 is pretty damn quick even with the TBC nerfs, especially for a bot that levels at a slower pace than someone that levels manually.

That aside, i wasn't the one who made the two week claim, so you're replying to the wrong person in that aspect.

The boost would only make them “more undetectable” if there were actually people out in the world to report them lol. Also how do you even detect a bot in a dungeon boosting? You don’t lol. Yeah let’s just report every guileless player that’s level 34 in a dungeon, that’ll get um. That’s not how reality works.
    Bot gets boosted.
    Bot goes out into the world.
    Bot gets reported / detected by the system.
    System checks it.
    System sees that said character is seemingly committed to one activity without any interaction with other players or game elements.
    =>Conclusion, that's a bot.
    Now, you can search further:
    System checks how the character has leveled.
    System sees character has been boosted, from one to 60 by the same character.
    System checks the boosting character.
    System sees character has never advertised any services, nor any interaction with other players.
    System checks other characters that have been boosted by the character above.
    System sees all of them are pursuing a similiar activity as the initially reported character.

You now have a list of multiple characters that with a high likelihood are bots, you can catch one, you can catch more, with boost, you can't link any of those characters to, you gotta go after all those manually, which is a huge pain.

How do you think Blizzard reaches numbers such as banning thousands of accounts per day?
    I don't think all of them trip some detection from Blizzards anti cheat software, the botters are smarter than that.
    They level just as quickly if not quicker than most what do you mean lol. They can dungeon boost endlessly and fly hack to areas in an instant.
    30 instances per day lockout prevent "endless" boosting and said dungeon boosting makes them also more likely in getting banned, due to above methodology.

And using tools such as fly hack is always a double edged sword, it also make them getting detected far more likely and getting an account autobanned during the leveling phase is always a loss for the botter as they've already invested the monthly sub into that account without any revenue.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-04 at 12:44 AM.

Were there boosts back in 07?
    No.

Boosts didn't happen until 2014.
    The original spirit is what has in the game back then, not what Blizzard wants to implement now.
    In 2007 did 3 simultaneous versions of WoW exist?

Was TBC in 2007 a re-release of a 14 year old game people are looking to play again?

No?

Things are different. A re-release of TBC is about playing TBC content. Classic and shadowlands exist at the same time for those that want to play them.

The spirit of TBC is playing TBC content on day 1.

im glad theres a boost
    i couldnt stand vanilla leveling i think my paladin is 13 and at least with the boost i can start the content that was kinda fun and then farm

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    In 2007 did 3 simultaneous versions of WoW exist?
    Has WoW gone through multiple design shifts before 2007?
    No?
    Maybe then different versions weren't necessary to exist because the game still catered to an audience that were a fan of that original vision.
    The spirit of TBC is playing TBC content on day 1.
    Which won't be true for people that have not played Classic and aren't willing to pay Blizzard extra cash, so even on that account, this definition falls through.
    Bear that in mind, we're not talking about a free service, we're talking about something that quite possibly will cost you more than TBC back then.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-04 at 01:26 AM.

Has WoW gone through multiple design shifts before 2007?
    No?
    Maybe then different versions weren't necessary to exist because the game still catered to an audience that were a fan of that original vision.

Which won't be true for people that have not played Classic and aren't willing to pay Blizzard extra cash, so even on that account, this definition falls through.
    Bear that in mind, we're not talking about a free service, we're talking about something that quite possibly will cost you more than TBC back then.
    Likely less than TBC cost, but since we don’t know the price it’s not worth much discussing.

A re-release of a game isn’t the same as its original incarnation, especially in an MMO that evolves for everyone.

And it doesn’t matter, It’s happening and if so many purists cancel over it great. We wish you did back in classic #nochanges that got stupid stuff like spell batching.

Yeah dude it's pretty fucking insane.

I cannot believe people are actually trying to defend this shit. It simply should not exist, the backlash for them trying to do this should be monumental. It's absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by sephrinx View Post
    Yeah dude it's pretty fucking insane.

I cannot believe people are actually trying to defend this shit. It simply should not exist, the backlash for them trying to do this should be monumental. It's absurd.
    There are a lot of people in this thread who think there are no downsides at all.
    (mainly because nobody can name one)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    There are a lot of people in this thread who think there are no downsides at all.
    (mainly because nobody can name one)
    There are most definitely downsides. It just takes an insane amount of pettiness to think that the downsides (lower 1-58 engagement, mats, profession CD abuse) outweighs the benefit (more people playing Outland content).

Even without a boost, people aren’t going to be like “yeah, let me float around for 2 months and just casually get to Outlands.”

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    (lower 1-58 engagement, mats, profession CD abuse)
    The point is NOT the engage 1-58, since it doesn't matter at all. (that's an upside, not a downside)
    As for those other 2... what??
    Last edited by chrisnumbers; 2021-03-04 at 05:02 AM.

Just funny that so many will buy the boost only to then realize that TBC isn’t some savings grace and quit like classic. It’s just free money for blizzard lol. Rather smart

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I appreciate your effort but the comparison is faulty.

The boost simply buys you time, not player power. You win something between 130-150 hours of 1-58.

Is it a lot? Is it not? Everyone will have his opinion but that’s all you win.
    Is time not power? To me time is the biggest power out there. Being 70lvl and geared 130-150 hours before others is very significant to me. By the time non-boosted get there the boosted are finished with the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    There is no p2w here. People need to stop using that term because it is being misused.
    What is your definition of p2w? Because obviously it's not the common one

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    you can't compair it with running, cuz the entire point of running is getting to the end fastest, in wow thats not the case, getting gear and doing pve/pvp is the end game, so if it would be p2w, you would have to get boosted to 70 and get gear other people who didnt pay couldnt get

But if its p2w at 58, you dont even know what it means
    You get to 70 and gear 130 hours faster than those who didn't pay. So do you have an advantage? Imagine if every week you would get a new more powerful item. The ones who didn't boost could never play pvp with ones that did. Luckily there are time gates and limits, so they can catch up after few weeks.

Likely less than TBC cost, but since we don’t know the price it’s not worth much discussing.
    If it's going going to be cheap, then you have an even bigger incentive for bots to abuse it.
    We wish you did back in classic #nochanges that got stupid stuff like spell batching.
    You're 3rd or 4th person that tries to paint as a "#nochanges" type and that's straight up false, i've advcoated for a plethora changes on this forum and in this thread, but that doesn't mean i have to support this change.

Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    Is time not power? To me time is the biggest power out there. Being 70lvl and geared 130-150 hours before others is very significant to me. By the time non-boosted get there the boosted are finished with the game.

- - - Updated - - -

What is your definition of p2w? Because obviously it's not the common one

- - - Updated - - -

You get to 70 and gear 130 hours faster than those who didn't pay. So do you have an advantage? Imagine if every week you would get a new more powerful item. The ones who didn't boost could never play pvp with ones that did. Luckily there are time gates and limits, so they can catch up after few weeks.
    Of course it’s an advantage per se, but since the game literally starts where the boost ends, for me is not THAT win: you still have to do the relevant content.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Of course it’s an advantage per se, but since the game literally starts where the boost ends, for me is not THAT win: you still have to do the relevant content.
    I don't think it completes the whole game for you either but gets you a lot closer than without. I would still call it p2w and want a fresh realm without it. I don't like things in games where real world money gets you an advantage in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seriously believe the demand for gold will decrease in TBC?

As a matter of fact, i have already identified a certain audience that goes into TBC with
    -no epic mount
    -no professions
    -blue gear
    -no gold
    And on top of that displays a certain willingless to pay real money for ingame services (especially to skip "boring stuff") meaning not everybody within that audience has necessarily an aversion for RMT.
    As i remember keep gold in ur pocket was way easyer in TBC than vanilla. Yes i believe in supply and demand sale market rules.