Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Would you Support a 5-10$ Monthly subscription for D4 IF......

They promised

- Added additional Classes
    - more Events/Bosses
    - more unique items/affixes on a consistent basis
    etc....

Sure, but i think DLCs for new Classes are more helpful for Diablo.
    a) Diablo gets more development
    b) many player really like to play diablo casual, but don't want to make a subscription investment

I've seen much more people playing diablo, because you can play it at your own pace with a onetime payment.
    Last edited by Merador; 2021-03-07 at 11:48 AM.

Nope, I wouldn't. They'd have to double the amount of content added each league to Path of Exile by GGG in order to even start thinking about it.

does paying for things make you feel important? powerful? a proper adult?

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    They promised

- more Events/Bosses
    etc....
    careful what you wish for. There is a massive difference between adding new content and adding paying seasons like some FPS are doing to milk the cow.

They promised

- more Events/Bosses
    etc....
    No, never; Games as service for ARPGs are terrible. I feel even selling cosmetics goes too far. Always-online ARPGs have that potential to selling boosts, inventory space, pay to win, etc. etc.. I've played enough games from this genre to know what works and doesn't screw over the gamer. Just look at what blizzard wants to do with WoW Classic/BC, it's nowhere near as bad; however, this stuff is just a flip of a switch from the board when they want more money.

The RMAH/AH in D3; I never trusted it, what's stopping developers from making and selling their own items on the AH; even if it's not the case, just the idea of the exploit is a huge red flag.

D2LOD remastered will swamp d4. lol i got more fun from d2 than any other game in history of video games.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

5+ Year Old Account
    No. If they want a subscription from me, they better give me something new to do every four months at least. And an expansion every two years.

No. Diabo 4 would have to be extraordinary in the genre to make me pay a sub fee. Greater than Diablo 2, essentially. Which is very unlikely given the design and direction of D4 thus far.

Why would I pay for D3.5 when Path of Exile is free and soon Path of Exile 2? Makes no sense.

Especially with the Diablo 2 remaster coming, at the very least if it is decent, you could pay D2 for another 20 years potentially.

The setup of the OP misunderstands the hook of Diablo as well. That is not what makes the design of ARPG compelling for 20+ years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naiattavain View Post
    D2LOD remastered will swamp d4. lol i got more fun from d2 than any other game in history of video games.
    Yes. I don't think I even like video games all that much generally. But I LOVE playing Diablo 2; that game is fun as hell. Pun intended.

I wouldn't pay a sub, I thought something like the Necromancer pack was fair, so that's how I'd prefer to see it handled.

getting a wow sub as a kid was awful

a promise doesn't mean much from them.

but just on the face of it i don't see a subscription model working for a game like diablo and i think sticking with a regular DLC/expansions model is better.

only type of sub that would work is one that didn't lock you out of content, but that kinda sub is something you can only do in a game with a cashshop that sells stuff like xp boosters and crap like that you "have" to buy on a regular basis, which i think nobody wants.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-03-07 at 03:11 PM.

No i wouldn't, i'm already worried about the possibility of them charging 70$ for the game and making us pay for additional QoL things like stash tabs.

If they want to add a GOOD DLC then just charge for that, like the necro stuff from diablo 3 but better, cause that one sucked.

No.
    I do not even support D4 in current state.

You make game, I pay for game.
    You make new stuff for game, I might pay for new stuff.
    You not make new stuff but only promise to make new stuff if I keep paying, I no pay and especially I no play your game.

It's not fucking rocket science.

Probably, though I'd rather not. And it will never happen anyways. They will add shitloads of microtransactions into the game that will make more money. Just got to hope they don't make PoE like addons that you basically have to get. Not that PoE system is bad, as it's free as to where this will likely be a full priced game at $70.

They'll surely milk it like nothing we've seen from Blizzard, just got to hope they don't ruin it in the process.

Why would they do that? Their greatest competitor PoE is "f2p" albeit with cosmetics and stash tabs that are pretty important to have. PoE has major updates every 3 months. Diablo having a sub fee would be a death sentence to the game. Would some people pay the sub fee? Sure, but you'll lose out on a lot of people that would have tried it.

Blizzard is in a tough spot here since they basically gave up on Diablo until PoE started getting big and now they want to catch up. Now there's so much content in PoE and the 2 revamp will probably happen next year. And it will be a free upgrade as well.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-03-07 at 04:09 PM.

They promised

- more Events/Bosses
    etc....
    No, but I would buy the expansions and DLC.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

No, stop it. And stop pre-ordering.