Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Still hasn’t got me to do m+

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Ah I didn't actually get that but now I can see it after you said that.

- - - Updated - - -

It also says specifically there is no limit to how much valor you can store up in addition to stating that the 5000, 5750, 6500, etc etc etc caps are WEEKLY caps for gaining valor. Clearly says weekly cap. On the MMO-Champ website it says "players can earn up to". Straight from the Blizzard patch notes it states very clearly:
    Wowhead says that 5000 is the maximum cap for the entire season with an extension of 750 each week. This means that if you earn 5000 VP the first week then you’re only able to earn 750 VP the next week.

The cap which was removed, was a cap of how many VP a character could hold at one time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    Because it is the pve-equivalent to conq points.
    And it works exactly like Conquest points, except the week 1 cap is 5000, not 750.
    Conquest cap week 1 is 750. If you get them all, then week 2 your cap is 750. If you don't get any of them, then you week 2 cap is 1500.
    Vaolor cap week 1 is 5000. If you get them all, then week 2 your cap is 750. If you don't get any of them, then your week 2 cap is 5750.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Because it’s set up and displayed like conquest?

And it makes no sense for Blizzard to set a cap so high you need almost 40 dungeons a week to reach it?
    But it works exactly like conquest. The weekly cap is only 5000 for week 1, it goes up by 750 every week

It is capped per week. It’s referred to as a “weekly cap”, not a “season cap”.

This week: 5000 to earn, 5000 total
    Next week: 5750 to earn, 10750 total
    Week after: 6500 to earn, 17250 total

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. It is capped per week. It’s referred to as a “weekly cap”, not a “season cap”.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. It is capped per week. It’s referred to as a “weekly cap”, not a “season cap”.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    It could be that this cap is being removed. It does only make sense for the beginning.

There is a blue post explaining it clearly that it is a season cap. Then they wonder why blizzard doesn't listen to this obtuse part of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    There is a blue post explaining it clearly that it is a season cap. Then they wonder why blizzard doesn't listen to this obtuse part of the playerbase.
    Mind linking to it?
    We've been having this debate in the guild and no one has been able to find a definitive answer so far. The patch notes and every in-game source definitely mention it as a weekly cap, but logic based on other caps in the game tells me that it's either a typo or just badly worded.

Edit: Actually it says total cap in-game, but doesn't mention anything about how it increases so still not 100% clear.
    Last edited by Arainie; 2021-03-11 at 09:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Mind linking to it?
    We've been having this debate in the guild and no one has been able to find a definitive answer so far. The patch notes and every in-game source definitely mention it as a weekly cap, but logic based on other caps in the game tells me that it's either a typo or just badly worded.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ne...5-update-notes
    "Gear acquired from Mythic Keystone dungeons are now upgradable with Valor, a new currency that is earned from completing Mythic Keystone dungeons and covenant Callings. The weekly Valor cap will start at 5000 Valor earnable in the first week, and will increase by 750 Valor each week"
    Week 1 you can earn 5000
    So week 2 it's 5750 (minus any you earned week 1)
    week 3 it's 6500 (minus any you earned week 1/2)

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ne...5-update-notes
    "Gear acquired from Mythic Keystone dungeons are now upgradable with Valor, a new currency that is earned from completing Mythic Keystone dungeons and covenant Callings. The weekly Valor cap will start at 5000 Valor earnable in the first week, and will increase by 750 Valor each week"
    Week 1 you can earn 5000
    So week 2 it's 5750 (minus any you earned week 1)
    week 3 it's 6500 (minus any you earned week 1/2)
    That actually still says weekly cap and the wording is different compared to the clearly defined seasonal caps for conquest. I still believe it's the way you describe it, but it is in no way clear that it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    Really, the cap is what you're concerned about? Not the fact that the only decent way to farm valor is to chain run +2 keys?
    Not for anyone below 220

10+ Year Old Account
    That actually still says weekly cap and the wording is different compared to the clearly defined seasonal caps for conquest. I still believe it's the way you describe it, but it is in no way clear that it is.
    It is though.
    "The weekly cap will start at 5000 ... and will increase by 750 valor each week"
    It's pretty clear.

So you mean to say it's gonna be hard to get 220 items on a character who never does any higher level m+? What a shocker
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    It is though.
    "The weekly cap will start at 5000 ... and will increase by 750 valor each week"
    It's pretty clear.
    If your weekly salary starts at 500 and increases by 5 every week, that does not mean you get paid 500 the first week and 5 the second, it means you get paid 500 the first week, 505 the second and 510 the third etc. All I've done is replace "cap" with "salary", that should not change the meaning of the sentence.

I'm saying that it's in no way clear (as you claim it to be), not that you're wrong about the cap. If this was a pull request for my work project I would have requested changes on the wording before approving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yinnedk View Post
    It is capped per week. It’s referred to as a “weekly cap”, not a “season cap”.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Wowhead says that 5000 is the cap for the entire season with an extension of 750 per week. So if you earn 5k the first week you can only earn 750 the next. I hope this isn’t true.

- - - Updated - - -

If your weekly salary starts at 500 and increases by 5 every week, that does not mean you get paid 500 the first week and 5 the second, it means you get paid 500 the first week, 505 the second and 510 the third etc. All I've done is replace "cap" with "salary", that should not change the meaning of the sentence.

I'm saying that it's in no way clear (as you claim it to be), not that you're wrong about the cap. If this was a pull request for my work project I would have requested changes on the wording before approving it.
    But I don’t think you should compare it to a salary. It’s more like a capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Wowhead says that 5000 is the cap for the entire season with an extension of 750 per week. So if you earn 5k the first week you can only earn 750 the next. I hope this isn’t true.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy bajeesus, it's not that hard. It's a rolling cap that starts at 5000 and increases by 750 every week. We only started at 5000 because Valor was added quite late to the season, otherwise it would start at 750 or something too, just like conquest works.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    It doesn't matter what word you insert, the same thing holds true regardless from a completely logical standpoint. It's most likely just bad wording that could easily have been avoided by calling it something other than a weekly cap increasing by 750 (like an initial, seasonal or total cap).

Sadly it's quite obvious that the cap is not weekly but seasonal. Even the wording isn't precise about that (I'm backing up Arainie's comparison to salary) knowing Blizzard it's quite clear that if we spend our valor this week, the next one we will get a whooping amount of 750. I can only hope that Blizzard stealth-changes it but right now it looks like being made that you are allowed to upgrade 1-3 items entire season instead of catch-up mechanics I expected it to be (especially mythic CN race is over, hall of fame is closed and xrealm is allowed).

gotta admit this is pretty amazing
    me and my guild were expecting it to be character specific like pvp ranks are
    but the fact that its account wide for the upgrade criteria makes this a whole nother level

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Sadly it's quite obvious that the cap is not weekly but seasonal. Even the wording isn't precise about that (I'm backing up Arainie's comparison to salary) knowing Blizzard it's quite clear that if we spend our valor this week, the next one we will get a whooping amount of 750. I can only hope that Blizzard stealth-changes it but right now it looks like being made that you are allowed to upgrade 1-3 items entire season instead of catch-up mechanics I expected it to be (especially mythic CN race is over, hall of fame is closed and xrealm is allowed).

well i understand their idea
    they still want raiding to be the premier source of loot
    with weapons in M+ upgrades costing 1000+ per up they definitely it seems DONT want you to get weapons from M+ and up them

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Holy bajeesus, it's not that hard. It's a rolling cap that starts at 5000 and increases by 750 every week. We only started at 5000 because Valor was added quite late to the season, otherwise it would start at 750 or something too, just like conquest works.
    That’s what I said?

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't matter what word you insert, the same thing holds true regardless from a completely logical standpoint. It's most likely just bad wording that could easily have been avoided by calling it something other than a weekly cap increasing by 750 (like an initial, seasonal or total cap).
    I would argue that it makes more logical sense if addressing a capacity than a salary.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    well i understand their idea
    they still want raiding to be the premier source of loot
    with weapons in M+ upgrades costing 1000+ per up they definitely it seems DONT want you to get weapons from M+ and up them
    I understand that as well, yet Mythic CN drops higher ilvl (that's why M+ is capped at 220). Also when we look at the amount of valor that's gonna be available at the start of the next season (750) what we'd be able to upgrade is going to be really insignificant (and pointless). Blizzard never clearly stated that valor cap is seasonal, they've used the word weekly, we are just assuming that it's like conquest one. Yet if we are right then this system has even more holes then Swiss cheese.
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 2021-03-11 at 11:48 AM.