I can deal with them folding on minimum wage and all of that crap for now, can put it off for 2 more years if need be.

They need to push for the HR1 and S1 bills, THOSE are the bills that they need to pull out all the stops on and will likely be the most significant bills for long term progress in our lifetimes that they can’t even reliably play out old lies about to downplay it and have to actually lie about what’s in the bill itself.

So, so long as they push those before the next redistricting, I will consider that a win.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    At last, we have a pro-bottoms president.

Just in: A presidential first -- President Biden will hold fundraiser for Bottoms this week.

Explains why Mistress Warren has so much influence in the new administration.
    The growing roster of Warren protégés in the government illustrates the leftward shift underway in the Democratic Party's approach to policymaking.

Grats to progressives and simps.

#kinkpositive!
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2021-03-22 at 06:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    Was the previous administration soft on China?
    Yes, according to Bolton’s book, Trump praised China on treatment of Muslims.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    They definitely were self destructive when it came to China except for when they gave Trumps family money personally. But I know they fell in love with rocket man.
    Trump even thanked China for being transparent about Covid, when everyone else was screaming ‘wtf?’... then only started to blame China, because he didn’t want to do anything about covid. Instead of... Trump doesn’t want to do shit, because it would hurt his business... it became, Trump doesn’t want to do anything, since it would hurt Americans, while he wants to punish China...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    The previous president got a deal for his daughter to do business there. I'll let you decide how soft that was.
    Yep, like a decade ago on David Leterman, Trump was complaining about China, then David pulls out a bunch of Trump ties and just asks... ‘so, Donald, where was this tie made? ... and this one?’... at which point China hate went away and he started saying how those are the best ties in the world...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2021...tions-tracker/

With Walsh just getting confirmation for Labor, Biden is down to 2 of 23 Cabinet level positions left open - OMB and Science Advisor (newly a Cabinet level position), all other positions have been filled.

Eric Lander is nominated for Science Advisor, so we'll see how long that takes to go through, but the only real blank spot is OMB as there's no new nominee yet.

It's interesting to see how much longer confirmations started taking with Obama, under Bush and Clinton things seem like they went fairly quickly/smoothly and things started dragging out under Obama. This continued under Trump and continues under Biden, though Biden seems like he's set to get the final positions filled ahead of the Trump or Obama administrations.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...-dc-statehood/

Jesus fuckin christ, y'all see the absolute state of Republican arguments against DC statehood?

Since when is having a car dealership (which DC does have multiple) become a requirement for statehood? I've double checked the Constitution and don't see "car" or "dealership" anywhere in there.

Fuck man, Republicans really like keeping taxpaying Americans disenfranchised. Someone should remind them that we used to go to war over that kind of stuff, you know, taxation without representation.

Biden and Democrats have a steep hill to climb on this given the impressively awful arguments from Republicans and conservative "think tanks".

White House eyes sweeping $3T spending proposal

A source familiar with the plans confirmed that administration officials are eyeing $3 trillion as the topline figure for its Build Back Better jobs and infrastructure proposal, though they cautioned talks are fluid and the final number could change. The sweeping package would constitute the White House's follow-up to the $1.9 trillion economic relief measure signed into law earlier this month.

The new package is expected to be split into two separate bills. The first would focus on infrastructure, with spending on manufacturing and climate change measures, broadband and 5G, and the nation's roads and bridges.

The other measure would include funds for pre-K programs, free community college tuition, child tax credits and health care subsidies, according to multiple reports.

The administration has signaled for weeks that it planned to tackle infrastructure after getting the COVID-19 relief bill across the finish line. The issue has generally received bipartisan support, and President Biden has already met with members of both parties to discuss a potential deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    slow typer, missed the message.

White House: US will formally recognize Armenian genocide.

One of the follow people will get very mad. Demand that Biden "Debate Me!"
    • Recep Erdoğan
    • Cenk Uygur

Or both.
    Don't know why you put Cenk on that list, they have recognized it for a while now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Don't know why you put Cenk on that list, they have recognized it for a while now.
    Do you have a link for his official and heartfelt contrition?

Is this the same Cenk that claims to be pro labor, then quashed Unionization attempts at TYT?
    The Young Turks Union Fight Gets Nastier With Charges of Retaliatory Firing, Withholding Raises

I didnt realize there were so many Cenk fans here. Kinda explains a lot.

Sorry ya'll got grifted by him.

Not sorry he got pantsed in last years primaries.
    https://ballotpedia.org/Cenk_Uygur

Voters of the CA-25 saw through his grift.

Is this the same Cenk that claims to be pro labor, then quashed Unionization attempts at TYT?
    The Young Turks Union Fight Gets Nastier With Charges of Retaliatory Firing, Withholding Raises

Watched it some around 2016-2018. Haven't seen it in a while. Wasn't because of what he said, back then what he said largely tracked with all the news reports I was reading.

I just rather read the news reports myself and this place does better coverage than any news commentator I have seen after you subtract the outright trolls, blind sea lions, gishgallopers, and the stage acts.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

You are confusing... you make a claim.. Cenk disavowed his old statements along with old sexist ones he made. What's there to discuss? People change over 30 years?

Jesus Christ, are you a tankie?

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Jesus Christ, are you a tankie?
    He calls other people tankies so I don’t think so. Or maybe he just lasts self awareness

This point it’s just an insult that loses lots of meaning.

And if you are in the right then everyone left is a tankie...
    Last edited by Themius; 2021-03-23 at 05:47 AM.

cenks like an early Lincoln project guy. He was a cynical republican who saw money to be made in the left space and then he did so relentlessly. He has terrible reactionary views that he disavows (as weakly as he can) and then plays dumb when he says the same thing again later. its no wonder TYT produced people like Dore. Seems like an egomaniac.

Also dunno what MS said that you think makes him a tankie lol?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    its no wonder TYT produced people like Dore. Seems like an egomaniac.
    Rubin Report worked at TYT with Hasan, before he realized the left was too crazy for him and now is pushing everything from covid hoax to stop the steal... I guess that’s a short distance to push...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    cenks like an early Lincoln project guy. He was a cynical republican who saw money to be made in the left space and then he did so relentlessly. He has terrible reactionary views that he disavows (as weakly as he can) and then plays dumb when he says the same thing again later. its no wonder TYT produced people like Dore. Seems like an egomaniac.

Also dunno what MS said that you think makes him a tankie lol?
    Do you disagree with Dore on medicare for all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Which version of his Medicare for all? When he was simping for Gabbert, for the same private option Biden is pushing, Dore and Gabbert called “Medicare for all plus”? What does Dore’s version of Medicare for all mean? Because I can show you an interview of it meaning Biden’s plan, just when Tulsi speaks it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Rubin Report worked at TYT with Hasan, before he realized the left was too crazy for him and now is pushing everything from covid hoax to stop the steal... I guess that’s a short distance to push...
    Its much worse than that. It's like Cenk assembled an all star team of grifters and failed comedians...

TYT and his GOP funders truly unleashed a plague upon the Left's political discourse. Sorry <Tankies>, I'm one of you now! /lol

TIL I learned that Hassan Piker is his nephew. So most of the sexual harassments problems at TYT come from on family tree. No wonder a very famous leftist politician withdrew his endorsement of Cenk's congress run.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    forgot about rubin fucking hell.

i believe in universal healthcare, dont even know what that dipshits position is and i dont care.

Hitler was a vegetarian.

That doesn't mean he was a swell guy.

https://www.newsweek.com/approval-co...licans-1578148

Congressional approval is at a 12 year high, 36%! This is higher than the approval after they passed the CARES Act, which was 31%. Passing legislation people like, makes you more popular! It's more driven by Democratic support, with only 9% of Republicans supporting.

Does this mean we can take the money away from red states since they don't seem to appreciate it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Does this mean we can take the money away from red states since they don't seem to appreciate it?
    Now now, let's not deny red states the opportunity to be hypocrites. "We're against welfare!" they love to yell, while taking more tax money than they pay, "let them pull themselves up by their bootstraps! P.S. more COVID money please while we refuse to wear masks"