In WoW, yes it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    In WoW, yes it does.
    No, it doesn't. It factually doesn't.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Scarnage86 View Post
    I mean,
    real skilled players can complete their goals even with not so good equip (very good player in normal gear can complete hc, with hc gear can complete mythic)
    while casual need that gear to pass that goals....
    Why skilled player got so mad about??? at the end of the day their are still better and skilled!
    Or after all this wow years we still make the same error and think gear should be a reward for skill instead that a pure instrument to a goal???
    What the heck a top 100-1000 player need mythic loot for, if they close raid/m+ in hc gear???
    It's like a professional driver/pilot going mad the normal driver can do the same route but with autopilot and a better car....
    Or football/soccer player going mad to sunday friendly bob about having better shooes and equipment....
    Because rewards in games are important. Sure it is a good feeling to clear something on a set level. But gearing is for most the main drive and for a few at least second adter clearing it.
    If you get it from everywhere you can just get rid of it entirely because there is no reason for it anyway. And it is just an annoyance you have to get rid of in week one.

You get better loot from every level you need to clear it. Also gear will only bring you so far. If you are a bad player (some are nothing to be ashamed of it) every piece of gear won't help you over the hard mechanica unless you are pushed.

What is the point of doing random battlegrounds or turn on warmode if it is not going to give me the gear to survive and have fun in them? I don't pay 15 a month to get stomped on all day.

I just don't feel like I am welcome in the game anymore and that is why I am currently unsubbed.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The issue here is that "better reward" doesn't have to mean "higher ilvl"

- - - Updated - - -

Would the average player had more fun if they could work on BiS without having to do difficult content?
    No. Players get satisfaction from "earning " things. If things are given to them without any difficulty, it is not enjoyable

Would the average player had more fun if they could work on BiS without having to do difficult content?
    When did the topic "better loot" become "BiS"? The topic is letting them get better loot than what they can now.

What's wrong with casuals getting something better than LFR? iLvl 200 or so?

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    What is the point of doing random battlegrounds or turn on warmode if it is not going to give me the gear to survive and have fun in them? I don't pay 15 a month to get stomped on all day.

I just don't feel like I am welcome in the game anymore and that is why I am currently unsubbed.
    That's the problem. There is little to work toward if you aren't playing organized difficult content. You cap out extremely quickly, can never get anything approaching BiS, and in PvP it means you just get obliterated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    No. Players get satisfaction from "earning " things. If things are given to them without any difficulty, it is not enjoyable
    That's just flatly, factually untrue. Once again, this is you assuming that the way you play games is the way everyone else plays games.

The idea that people who enjoy, for example, random BGs wouldn't be happier if they could fill out a full pvp set by doing so is comically absurd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SidFwuff View Post
    When did the topic "better loot" become "BiS"? The topic is letting them get better loot than what they can now.

What's wrong with casuals getting something better than LFR? iLvl 200 or so?
    The average player should be able to reasonably get a significant number of BiS pieces per patch.
    -ynnady

That's the problem. There is little to work toward if you aren't playing organized difficult content. You cap out extremely quickly, can never get anything approaching BiS, and in PvP it means you just get obliterated.

- - - Updated - - -

That's just flatly, factually untrue. Once again, this is you assuming that the way you play games is the way everyone else plays games.

The idea that people who enjoy, for example, random BGs wouldn't be happier if they could fill out a full pvp set by doing so is comically absurd.
    So put the gear on a vendor? That way players get the gear and have to earn it since they don't enjoy it.

- - - Updated - - -

The average player should be able to reasonably get a significant number of BiS pieces per patch.
    Opinion, not a fact. And they get 1. A 235 lego

I used to be able to get decent gear doing what I liked, random battlegrounds. I just want to be able to do that again.

So put the gear on a vendor? That way players get the gear and have to earn it since they don't enjoy it.
    No, players enjoy getting rewards for *playing the game*. Your inability to understand how "playing the game" and "doing extremely difficult content" aren't the same thing is really telling.

- - - Updated - - -

No shit, I was stating my opinion. My opinion would lead to a game with a larger, happier playerbase though, something you are antagonistic toward.
    -ynnady

5+ Year Old Account
    It's funny how you seem to think that the only alternative to hard content (when it comes to getting decent gear) is to put it on a vendor. It really says a lot more about you than about those dreaded, filthy, lazy casuals who apparently want an entire mythic set in the mail, don't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I was being facetious and mimicking the response of a few individuals on here who believe if u aren't top 10%, you are helpless
    Oh, sorry. Usually I am the sarcastic one, I wasn't expecting it.

- - - Updated - - -

I used to be able to get decent gear doing what I liked, random battlegrounds. I just want to be able to do that again.
    You can still do that. The problem is that the difference between 197 and 210 ilvl is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    It's funny how you seem to think that the only alternative to hard content (when it comes to getting decent gear) is to put it on a vendor. It really says a lot more about you than about those dreaded, filthy, lazy casuals who apparently want an entire mythic set in the mail, don't they?
    No he says ppl don't want to earn their gear. How else shld ppl get gear without earning it? Idk why u think casuals are filthy and lazy but I don't. You sjld respect your fellow players more instead of arguing against a position i never had

Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    You can still do that. The problem is that the difference between 197 and 210 ilvl is huge.
    I can't though. What I am given just gets me stomped into the ground. It's not fun staring at the graveyard all game, every game.

If not gear, then at least templates or ilvl brackets would be good too.

I can't though. What I am given just gets me stomped into the ground. It's not fun staring at the graveyard all game, every game.
    Yeah, but you can get up to 210. I did. You can do those weekly timewalking quests, maybe a few mythic plus dungs. There is a way. Also, you may find yourself having fun in other pieces of content that you wouldn't normally do and if not, it goes fast and you get gear.

No he says ppl don't want to earn their gear. How else shld ppl get gear without earning it? Idk why u think casuals are filthy and lazy but I don't. You sjld respect your fellow players more instead of arguing against a position i never had
    You are packing a lot into the word "earning" there. We all think players should earn their gear. You just define earn as "Do the hardest content".
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it doesn't. It factually doesn't.
    Well they tried to make it so that it didn't but then people bitched about AP grinds

Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    Yeah, but you can get up to 210. I did. You can do those weekly timewalking quests, maybe a few mythic plus dungs. There is a way. Also, you may find yourself having fun in other pieces of content that you wouldn't normally do and if not, it goes fast and you get gear.
    Mythic plus is extremely stressful to me and I don't really have the kind of friends that will let me do that. Then there is also the dreaded raiderio machine I would have to submit to.

I just want to be able to earn decent gear in random BGs like I used to.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Thats exactly what they should do but they will not do.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Well they tried to make it so that it didn't but then people bitched about AP grinds
    AP grind was an "infinite" grind, not a gear acquisition system.

In fact, thanks for bringing that up, as it is proof that people like "I'm done moments", such as getting a piece of BiS gear. Systems which deny them that by being infinite, or deny them that by never allowing them to acquire BiS gear, are bad.
    -ynnady