10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Abortions aren’t a product being sold, stop conflating healthcare with liquor.
    It's disgusting and to conflate it with the sale of alcohol is just exposing his privilege which is all he's in favor of protecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Sorry, I'm not the one who is supporting Jack Daniels using the government to push a competitive advantage. Take it up with those guys.
    You're the one that insists on the stupidity that big business should have freedom of speech through money.
    And yet, I got you to admit you oppose free speech.
    Well, everyone already knows you're a liar. You're exactly like Trump. You can't be honest at all...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    What a ridiculous "arguement", comparing what the Texas GOP does to close abortion clinics across the state to some whiskey process. How terrible is your stance thst you'd imagine that's in any way, shape or form valid.
    This whole thrrad is nothing but about him lying... I don't understand what he gets out of this. His name is shit to everyone in the forums at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Yeah, diversity, that's really bad for capitalism, should be made away with, right?

I mean, of all the people in this thread there is only one that keeps supporting all these corporatist agendas so maybe take it up with the poster that said he loves capitalism and thinks corporations having more free speech than people is a really good thing?

That guy sounds like really being in support of corporations and subsequently their agendas.

- - - Updated - - -

Who is both?
    I love diversity.

I'm literally the only guy opposing the corporation-backed legislation designed to give them a competitive advantage.

- - - Updated - - -

They are a service.

You did know that, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    It’s. All. They’ve. Got.
    It's a service, try and keep up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    It's disgusting and to conflate it with the sale of alcohol is just exposing his privilege which is all he's in favor of protecting.
    I don't give a shit how outraged you are. Your attempt to clutch at pearls is simply making excuses for your blatant hypocrisy.

The abortion restrictions were pushed under the guise of being patient protections, just like the whiskey regulations were pushed under the guise of consumer protections.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You're the one that insists on the stupidity that big business should have freedom of speech through money. Well, everyone already knows you're a liar. You're exactly like Trump. You can't be honest at all...

- - - Updated - - -

This whole thrrad is nothing but about him lying... I don't understand what he gets out of this. His name is shit to everyone in the forums at this point.
    I also insist that individuals should have freedom of speech through money.

Of all of the people in this thread, how many are opposing the corporation-backed legislation meant to tip the competitive playing field to their advantage? The last time I counted... one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    What a ridiculous "arguement", comparing what the Texas GOP does to close abortion clinics across the state to some whiskey process. How terrible is your stance thst you'd imagine that's in any way, shape or form valid.
    Why not?

Both are attempts to push legislation with a disingenuous agenda. Both are supposedly to protect the patient/consumer, when it's really about something else entirely.

I also insist that individuals should have freedom of speech through money.
    So you only support the wealthy..we already knew that.

Again, what are you getting out of this? We all know what you are, and not one person cares about you slobbing the knobbing for the wealthy.

So you only support the wealthy..we already knew that.

Again, what are you getting out of this? We all know what you are, and not one person cares about you slobbing the knobbing for the wealthy.
    Nope, I'm opposing a corporatist-backed legislation... that you are supporting.

Swing and a miss, slugger.

"Why are you always supporting the wealthy fucking over others?" (As you shit on me for literally doing the opposite).
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-04-12 at 01:52 AM.

Swing and a miss, it has been demonstrated the Tennessee legislation isn’t corporatist and everyone is opposing the abortion bs. You can keep pushing lies though.
    It's literally corporate-backed legislation to give them a competitive advantage.

Damn, you progressives will line up to be corporatists in order to stick it to libertarians. You must fucking hate the little guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    I regret asking... but, how does one conflate a cause, with the solution? Alcohol is not like healthcare, it results in needing healthcare. lol
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I regret asking... but, how does one conflate a cause, with the solution? Alcohol is not like healthcare, it results in needing healthcare. lol
    An abortion is a service, it's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Lol...this thread is full of machismo doing just that.

Lol...this thread is full of machismo doing just that.
    Do you disagree that an abortion is a service?

No, it’s a medical procedure. Sometimes a necessary one. Try to keep up. And it’s not even remotely comparable to liquor. It’s disgusting you’re equating the two to further your corporatist ideals.
    That can still be a service...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service_(economics)

And has already been covered, consumer protections deal with goods and services. Or, do people receiving health care deserve no consumer protections? Careful, you're starting to sound like an anarchist.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be on topic an clarify something... this is punk:

... but, so is this:

... yet, so is this:

The concept of punk might be greater than the scope of libertarianism. Some parts of it might cross, but vast majority does not.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Pfft..."Bad Brains" might be a more appropriate analogue for libertarians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pfft..."Bad Brains" might be a more appropriate analogue for libertarians.
    I wouldn’t say that, but damn... that is a good call as far as political punk. Did not think of that...

Edit: I thought the image of Agnostic Front, would be appealing... just trying to step away from the OP example.
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-04-12 at 02:21 AM.

I did some additional reading. The largest opponent of the Tennessee Whiskey regulation was Diageo even though they have more Tennessee Whiskey brands than JD does. They're also the largest producer of Whiskey in the world and much, much bigger then JD's parent company (Brown-Forman). Apparently they wanted to flood the market with a bunch of upstarts and then buy up the better ones.

Those corporatists and their power games are so wacky. I'd wager that Diageo and Brown-Forman (and Sazerac!) are all dirtbags but I'm afraid I'll have to side with Brown-Forman. They're still the "little" guy and the regulation at least means we'll get accurately labelled Tennessee Whiskey.

Also Diageo got hit by the SEC for illegally forcing distributors to buy excess alcohol. If the SEC doesn't like you, I don't like you.

No, they deserve patient protections. Keep up.
    Abortions are a service, and they do deserve protections. That's why the folks in Texas are gracious enough to provide those protections.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I did some additional reading. The largest opponent of the Tennessee Whiskey regulation was Diageo even though they have more Tennessee Whiskey brands than JD does. They're also the largest producer of Whiskey in the world and much, much bigger then JD's parent company (Brown-Forman). Apparently they wanted to flood the market with a bunch of upstarts and then buy up the better ones.

Those corporatists and their power games are so wacky. I'd wager that Diageo and Brown-Forman (and Sazerac!) are all dirtbags but I'm afraid I'll have to side with Brown-Forman. They're still the "little" guy and the regulation at least means we'll get accurately labelled Tennessee Whiskey.

Also Diageo got hit by the SEC for illegally forcing distributors to buy excess alcohol. If the SEC doesn't like you, I don't like you.
    The smaller distilleries were the ones complaining about it... as was provided days ago.

But hey, you gotta love people fighting the corporatist cause

The smaller distilleries were the ones complaining about it... as was provided days ago.

But hey, you gotta love people fighting the corporatist cause
    No you're mistaken. It was Diageo the largest producer of Whiskey in the world. Not too shocked that you're stumping for the big guy.

No you're mistaken. It was Diageo the largest producer of Whiskey in the world. Not too shocked that you're stumping for the big guy.
    Jack Daniels is the biggest whiskey brand on the planet.

They want to crush the little guys, and used the government to help them

You support this.

Benjamin Prichards opposed them, are they bigger than JD?
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-04-12 at 02:45 AM.

Jack Daniels is the biggest whiskey brand on the planet.

They want to crush the little guys, and used the government to help them

You support this.
    JD is in fact a popular brand. Its owned by the Brown-Forman company with a net 2020 revenue of $3B across all brands.

Diageo, however, had a 2020 revenue of about $11B. They own George Dickle, a distiller of Tennessee Whiskey. The also own Guinness, just about any Scotch you can think of and Crown Royal. The latter of which has sales that rival JD's.

Diageo wanted to crush the competition by deregulating everything and using their superiour financial might to gobble up the competition.

You support this.

JD is in fact a popular brand. Its owned by the Brown-Forman company with a net 2020 revenue of $3B across all brands.

Diageo, however, had a 2020 revenue of about $11B. They own George Dickle, a distiller of Tennessee Whiskey. The also own Guinness, just about any Scotch you can think of and Crown Royal. The latter of which has sales that rival JD's.

Diageo wanted to crush the competition by deregulating everything and using their superiour financial might to gobble up the competition.

You support this.
    And JD is the biggest whiskey brand on the planet... many times larger than Benjamin Prichards... who was opposing the regulation.

So, feel free to keep supporting corporatism.

Surely you can show what deregulation Diageo was pushing which required even more stringent regulations... right? Instead of simply opposing this supposed deregulation, you support just adding more?