Page 75 of 122 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pfft...fuck the 1% up the ass. Nail their net worth for 50% across the board. For every complaint tack on another 5%. And if any of them want to leave the country, it'll cost them 90% and their citizenship.

Just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Big corporations get away with murder. Likewise with the wealthy. And the IRS doesn’t go after them until it gets huge because it’s too expensive to deal with their lawyers. So they audit people who can barely afford the basics.
    But, this shows those who make more, pay a higher percentage based on their income.

https://taxfoundation.org/summary-of...ta-2020-update

Are those numbers wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_..._Power_Company

So... 54% is over half, right?

Man, you will do anything to defend incompetent ad lackluster government.
    That 54% control is after the disaster. What was the percentage before?

Even with minority control, investors have rights and can sue if the corporation makes anti-market choices.

Also the Japanese government has largely been controlled by the Liberal Democratic Party. Despite the name they're the conservative party and likes free market principles.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Pfft...fuck the 1% up the ass. Nail their net worth for 50% across the board. For every complaint tack on another 5%. And if any of them want to leave the country, it'll cost them 90% and their citizenship.

Just a suggestion.
    Eat. The. Rich.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.propublica.org/article/i...audit-the-poor

- - - Updated - - -

That’s the base rate before tax incentives and loopholes. Playing stupid is fun, but c’mon.
    This is your narrative, so the burden is on you. You said you want them to pay the same as everyone else, but the numbers show they are paying more than everyone else... regardless of how you look at it.

Eat. The. Rich.
    Better than sucking them off.
    Now wipe your chin you're disgusting

Eat. The. Rich.
    Excellent idea.

Better than sucking them off.
    Now wipe your chin you're disgusting
    You supported Trump...

Well, this is awkward.

- - - Updated - - -

I already showed my evidence. The burden is on you. Why didn’t Amazon pay taxes for multiple years and then only 1.2%? We know that’s what happened because it’s in public filings.
    The evidence shows the wealthy are paying more than everyone else. So, you want to cut their taxes so that they pay the same as everyone else?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Excellent idea.
    Oh, I'm well aware that this is nothing more than hatred of wealthy people.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/16/thes...s-in-2018.html

Liar. The wealthy are making tax free profits every year. You can hold up surface level tax rates, but we all know that’s not the way the system works.
    The data showed the wealthy paying a higher percentage based on income than lower earners.

Remember, this is your narrative, where you demanded they pay the same as everyone else. By the numbers, the average wealthy person is paying more, both in dollar amount, and in percentage of income.

If you don't like the numbers, that's not really my fault. This is your plan.

Oh, I'm well aware that this is nothing more than hatred of wealthy people.
    You've obviously never seen the movie. Its a pretty decent parody of Trump and SJW's. Pretty impressive since it came out in the 80s. No one's shocked that you've yet again expressed an opinion from ignorance.

You supported Trump...
    I'm sure you've read all my posts denouncing Trump...and considering how delusional you are saw exactly what you want. (That must sting knowing those shoddy libertarian tactics) although I have to wonder. You already posted that you're not interested in convincing anyone.

You've obviously never seen the movie. Its a pretty decent parody of Trump and SJW's. Pretty impressive since it came out in the 80s. No one's shocked that you've yet again expressed an opinion from ignorance.
    Nah, I'm just going by all the people who want to punish people for being wealthy.

I’m giving you data showing they’re not doing so uniformly. Closing the loopholes so that they don’t get away with being the biggest company in the world and paying 0, 0, 1.2. I’m sorry if the point went over your head. Or is this more of your corporatist stuff? It’s good these top companies pay nothing in taxes?
    So, you're saying most corporations and wealthy should be paying less, while companies like Amazon should be paying more?

As was pointed out, the wealthy do currently pay a higher percentage of their incomes in taxes. And, you said you want them to pay the same as everyone else...

Nah, I'm just going by all the people who want to punish people for being wealthy.
    And not paying taxes.

Nobody is trying to punish anyone. If you want to be a part of, and indeed profit from, society then you need to pay your fair share. 0 is not paying your fair share.
    So, what is the fair share for wealthy people and corporations? Before, you said it was the same as everyone else. But, the numbers show they are paying more than that on average.

- - - Updated - - -

And not paying taxes.
    Enjoy!!!

https://taxfoundation.org/summary-of...a-2020-update/

They can take it. They'll still be wealthy.

Yes, I want them to have to pay their tax rate without all the loopholes and tax breaks reducing it to zero. Just like everyone else.
    So... not the same as everyone else. You want them to pay even more.

Machismo sucking away...

They can take it. They'll still be wealthy.
    Of course, because it's not your money you're gambling with.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... not the same as everyone else. You want them to pay even more.
    Equitable and equal are not synonyms. The idea that everything should be exactly equal, regardless of circumstances, is an attitude most people grow out of around the same time they grow out of regularly wearing diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Equitable and equal are not synonyms. The idea that everything should be exactly equal, regardless of circumstances, is an attitude most people grow out of around the same time they grow out of regularly wearing diapers.
    He said the same, and I'm just trying to figure out exactly what he means. This is his narrative, so I want to make sure I know exactly what he means.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I want them to pay their fair share. You want them to pay how much again?

- - - Updated - - -

Most people.
    So, what is their "fair share" in your eyes?

Considering I've seen people argue as high as 97% of their total wealth, I would like to know where you stand.