Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just saw The Truth today. Damn good episode. I hope they make an Isaiah Bradley movie down the line with a younger actor.

Also, did I miss the big cameo? Please tell me it's not the lady with the boots because I have no idea who the hell that's supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I don't think you understand what gatekeeping is.

I am pointing out the reason you don't like the show is solely because it bores you as you chosen not to defend the other points you agreed with. This isn't gatekeeping, this is literally the result of me asking you to show why you support those statements and your sole response was "it bores me."

There are shows that bore me. Stranger Things bores the hell out of me, I don't enjoy it for that. I don't feel the need to find other reasons to say I don't like the show. And if I have other reasons why I may not like a show, I can explain why I don't like it.
    Why do I need to defend why I don't like a show? If I don't like it I don't, its not a game, defense is not needed, if I agree with the points someone else raised I do not need to defend his points either, also yes I know what gatekeeping is, you cannot gatekeep my understanding of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    I assume you mean the flag smashers are boring since they are too integral to the plot to be fairly considered useless. It really isn't a good show for you then, fair enough. Personally I find their story of being displaced by the un-blip or whatever to be an interesting examination of the consequences of Infinity War/Endgame. I hadn't really thought much of that side of things before this series. (Maybe it came up in the Wanda Vision series, I skipped that one).
    That aspect is certainly interesting, like how in Wandavison one moment she is waiting by her sick mother the next, 5 years have passed and so has her mother, the characters and actors on the other hand, are not, to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    You're speaking to people who have been trained to see red at anything that isn't like minded. It's simple bigotry and fascism, the same shit they are always complaining about.

It's no use, it's like speaking to a brick wall. They don't care how you feel, they only care about how they think you should feel. "Want escapism? Kill yourself" is the message I've gotten from one of them.
    I do find it odd they want me needlessly elaborate why I don't like something, if some likes soemthing do they require them to explain in detail why, very odd indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Why do I need to defend why I don't like a show?
    The only person who can answer that question is you, because you're the one choosing to do it. If you're trying to ask why others want you to clarify... we like the show and are trying to hone in on why you don't. This space is for discussions.

The only person who can answer that question is you, because you're the one choosing to do it. If you're trying to ask why others want you to clarify... we like the show and are trying to hone in on why you don't. This space is for discussions.
    Ok stop asking then please

Ok stop asking then please
    Heh good luck with that, it's like trying to stop the tide by throwing buckets of water back into the ocean.

Heh good luck with that, it's like trying to stop the tide by throwing buckets of water back into the ocean.
    I have a big bucket

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Just saw The Truth today. Damn good episode. I hope they make an Isaiah Bradley movie down the line with a younger actor.

Also, did I miss the big cameo? Please tell me it's not the lady with the boots because I have no idea who the hell that's supposed to be.
    I think thats the one. Who she is depends, could be Madame Hydra, could be Nick Fury's girlfriend. I think she's probably the Madame Hydra version.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post

Only thing I think they would do involving Isaiah Bradley would be his grandson Eli Bradley and the Young Avengers.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Why do I need to defend why I don't like a show? If I don't like it I don't, its not a game, defense is not needed, if I agree with the points someone else raised I do not need to defend his points either, also yes I know what gatekeeping is, you cannot gatekeep my understanding of the word.
    If it is something like "It bores me." That is personal opinion where you are going to either like it or not.

But, if it something like "It is too political." that is something that you can easily show why and I am curious on why someone thinks that. Or too woke. I hear that argument so much now it just seems to be "I don't like the fact <insert subject> is covered." There should be something you can specifically point to as the problem.

And you posted your opinion openly on a forum. It is like yelling in public and people questioning you. Don't want your opinion question, you don't have to post. If you post, people are going to assume you are seeking discussion on it.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    If you just don't like a thing, the onus is on you to exercise some personal responsibility to just not engage with it. I don't like avocado, but you won't see me trying to rail against avocado toast; I just don't make or order it for myself. Anyone who wants avocado toast can feel free to enjoy.

When you start arguing that a thing is "bad" or doing something "wrong", you're not talking about "why you don't like a thing", you're trying to convince other people not to like the thing too.

And that's why you'll get pushback. You tried to tell other people to stop liking something they enjoyed, and they didn't like that. Don't want that response? Stop trying to tell people they're wrong to like the thing.

I do find it odd they want me needlessly elaborate why I don't like something, if some likes soemthing do they require them to explain in detail why, very odd indeed.
    You're spending an awful lot of time engaging to tell people you don't like a thing.

It's weird that you're spending this much time on it, and on trying to convince others to not like it too, rather than just moving on with your life.

I don't particularly like the CW shows for DC, but I don't seek out threads on those to talk about why I don't like them and try to convince everyone who does that they're wrong to.

- - - Updated - - -

And you posted your opinion openly on a forum. It is like yelling in public and people questioning you. Don't want your opinion question, you don't have to post. If you post, people are going to assume you are seeking discussion on it.
    Also that.

Posting here to talk about how much you dislike it is like walking in on a fan convention discussion group to tell all the fans how much you hate what they're talking about. Why are you doing that? That's not "I just don't like a thing", that's an express desire to ruin that thing for those who DO like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I think thats the one. Who she is depends, could be Madame Hydra, could be Nick Fury's girlfriend. I think she's probably the Madame Hydra version.
    Also, the "big cameo" is less the character she's playing, and just that they've pulled Julia Louis-Dreyfus in to play anything.

She's one of the single most-decorated actresses working today. She's won more Emmies than any other performer, tying for acting and then adding producing awards on top. She's a huge pull for Marvel, particularly since she's basically at the height of her career right now (most of those awards being for Veep up to 2017).

And that's why I'm pretty damned sure she's not gonna be anything like "Nick's gal-pal" and that's it. I'm expecting she's probably gonna fill a role similar to Loki in the Infinity Gems sequence; a charismatic villain we love to hate and who ties together a lot of the films.

I've been enjoying this so far, but what is it, episode 5? had some real head scratching moments in it. the scene where Sam is first visiting the refugee center he talks to the teacher guy and he goes "we're international refugees, but we don't trust outsiders." what??? I guess that makes sense when talking to an American but just hearing that made me do a double take. that, and the end fight scene where the lady kicks "battle star" into a pillar and I guess kills him? everyone just stops fighting to look on with mild concern when they were JUST trying to stab one another. "all fun and games till you kick a guy into a pillar."

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know why some of you are hating so hard. I'm really liking all 5 wpisodes. Cant wait to see the new armor in action.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I dont know why some of you are hating so hard. I'm really liking all 5 wpisodes. Cant wait to see the new armor in action.
    Not every show is for everyone. I am not expecting everyone to love something.

However, I do expect people to be able if they go "I don't like this because of X reason." to have a justification to why they feel that reason applies.

There are exceptions to this. IE Boredom as that is based on an individual entertainment. If a person isn't being entertained it is self explanatory.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you just don't like a thing, the onus is on you to exercise some personal responsibility to just not engage with it. I don't like avocado, but you won't see me trying to rail against avocado toast; I just don't make or order it for myself. Anyone who wants avocado toast can feel free to enjoy.

When you start arguing that a thing is "bad" or doing something "wrong", you're not talking about "why you don't like a thing", you're trying to convince other people not to like the thing too.

And that's why you'll get pushback. You tried to tell other people to stop liking something they enjoyed, and they didn't like that. Don't want that response? Stop trying to tell people they're wrong to like the thing.
    Ironic really, the same can be said in reverse, and no I am not convincing others to not like it, I simply say i do not like it, if others did like it, thats awesome!

ofc i have to reply when people talk to me, its polite.

If it is something like "It bores me." That is personal opinion where you are going to either like it or not.

But, if it something like "It is too political." that is something that you can easily show why and I am curious on why someone thinks that. Or too woke. I hear that argument so much now it just seems to be "I don't like the fact <insert subject> is covered." There should be something you can specifically point to as the problem.

It being political did not bore me, the politics it did I found boring, I hope that makes sense, it seems similar but its not.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, Super Soldiers in the MCU are NOT above the human spectrum. They are merely the peak of human potential. They aren't beyond it. Essentially, you are mad that your assumption you made isn't true. The comics don't matter when the movies explain this to you clearly.
    Steven literally hold a fucking helicopter with his barehands

The guy from the hulk movie had all his bones broken and was fine sometime later

they are running faster than cars

are you fucking serous trying to say those things are "peak of human potential"? they are literally beyond human potential like red skull said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Steven literally hold a fucking helicopter with his barehands
    And professional strongmen can carry two refrigerators or pull 18-wheelers, or even trains. The latter of which weighing north of 100 tons. Your point?

The guy from the hulk movie had all his bones broken and was fine sometime later
    Blonsky was not dosed with super soldier serum. He was dosed with a gamma serum related to the Hulk's own transformation. Which is why he turns into the Abomination when that gets supercharged. Hulk's power set includes a massive healing factor.

they are running faster than cars
    Already covered above. Combining strongman-level strength with Usain Bolt-level rapidity of movement could easily justify a 40mph top speed, and that's "faster than cars", depending on the circumstances.

I have to say I do like how this show has done more than most MCU shows/movies to be critical of not only the US military and it's place in the world but the concept of super beings. Zemo calling super soldiers "supremacist's" is a take I was not expecting from him.

Blonsky was not dosed with super soldier serum. He was dosed with a gamma serum related to the Hulk's own transformation. Which is why he turns into the Abomination when that gets supercharged. Hulk's power set includes a massive healing factor.
    It's actually kind of both... an attempt to recreate the super soldier serum juiced up with gamma radiation.

And professional strongmen can carry two refrigerators or pull 18-wheelers, or even trains. The latter of which weighing north of 100 tons. Your point?

The scene in the movie that Captain America stops the helicopter involves an Airbus AS350 3,000 lbs lifting capacity. He pretty much does it with a bicep curl. The world record is 249 pounds for this. Even if it was 300lbs. Captain America would be able to do a bicep curl by a factor of 100 times greater than a world record of 300 pounds.

Pulling trains is generally done with arms and legs. You have to overcome static friction. Keeping it going just requires overcoming kinetic friction with is generally easier. Even though you see trains running with 5-6 locomotives once they get underway they shut off between 2-3 to save fuel as they are no longer needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    To be a bit more specific, it was their best recreated serum combined with gamma irradiated Banner blood in his system. Just Bruce’s blood is enough to change people, as we see with both Stan’s reaction to drinking it and Sterns head going wonky just from some dripping on a cut.
    Most likely, Blonsky got the same serum Isaiah got... just tweaked a bit by Banner (because he thought he was working on an anti-radiation serum). They don't explicitly connect those dots...but Ross says it was the version of the serum that showed the most promise...and Isaiah was the only one that was injected with the Super Soldier recreation attempts that survived.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    The scene in the movie that Captain America stops the helicopter involves an Airbus AS350 3,000 lbs lifting capacity. He pretty much does it with a bicep curl. The world record is 249 pounds for this. Even if it was 300lbs. Captain America would be able to do a bicep curl by a factor of 100 times greater than a world record of 300 pounds.
    Steve isn't lifting the Helicopter though...he's just tethering it in place by forming a link between it and the building. It's still an incredible feat of strength and endurance...but not quite to the magnitude you are suggesting.