15+ Year Old Account
    Hope it's a quick jury session, else it will be a gulity charge on the lesser counts.

(I presume it will be a guilty charge)
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I believe no matter what the defense is trying to set the foundation for a mistrial or appeals, all the talk about bias and the jury not being kept in a locked prison for a few weeks will be his grounds.

But, given how desperate the Defense seemed with that closing, my guess is Chauvin is sunk, at least with this jury. IDK, based on all that I saw I'd say guilty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-she...-north-1584798

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd warned new Florida residents not to "vote the stupid way you did up north" during a press conference alongside Governor Ron DeSantis on Monday.

"This is what we enjoy in Florida. This is the Florida we know and love," Judd said as he held up photographs showing residents at Walt Disney World and the beach.

"We're a special place, and there are millions and millions of people who like to come here. And quite frankly, we like to have them here. So we only want to share one thing as you move in hundreds a day: Welcome to Florida. But don't register to vote and vote the stupid way you did up north, you'll get what they got," the sheriff added, prompting applause from the group of law enforcement officers, lawmakers and state officials gathered.
    And today in, "Why electing sheriffs is stupid." we have Polk County sheriff Grady Judd. In a press conference with the Florida governor, seemingly implying police violence against new residents who moved to the state and may have different political views.

And this was applauded by officers. Seriously, it really is difficult to tell the difference between some police departments and organized crime.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Maxine Waters needs to shut the fuck up. And I say also being in full support of almost all her political positions and an admirer of hers personally.

She might have just given Chauvin his way out.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Maxine Waters needs to shut the fuck up. And I say also being in full support of almost all her political positions and an admirer of hers personally.

Wait, what did she say?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Wait, what did she say?
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...trial-n1264534

I can't blame her, or really any person of color, for saying this shit at this point. But it sucks that it does potentially open up the door for appeals and a mistrial.

She's fuckin right, tho.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...tamps-n1264549

Kek, a Republican state Senator David Osmek wants to fuck over anyone convicted of crimes in connection with a protest -

The bills says after a conviction the person would not be eligible, "for any type of state loan, grant, or assistance, including but not limited to college student loans and grants, rent and mortgage assistance, supplemental nutrition assistance, unemployment benefits and other employment assistance, Minnesota supplemental aid programs, business grants, medical assistance, general assistance, and energy assistance."
    Basically cutting them off from the state entirely, outside of paying taxes.

Wonder why he's not proposing this for say, every crime? Why only protesting? I mean, it's going nowhere but it's pretty indicative of the kind of diseased thinking within the Republican party.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

I can't blame her, or really any person of color, for saying this shit at this point. But it sucks that it does potentially open up the door for appeals and a mistrial.

She's fuckin right, tho.
    She's totally fucking right, and I completely agree with her. But she also really ought to know better, especially given that another cop murder conviction was overturned for the very same reason they are now concerned with here.

- - - Updated - - -

Kek, a Republican state Senator David Osmek wants to fuck over anyone convicted of crimes in connection with a protest -
    The bills says after a conviction the person would not be eligible, "for any type of state loan, grant, or assistance, including but not limited to college student loans and grants, rent and mortgage assistance, supplemental nutrition assistance, unemployment benefits and other employment assistance, Minnesota supplemental aid programs, business grants, medical assistance, general assistance, and energy assistance."

Wonder why he's not proposing this for say, every crime? Why only protesting? I mean, it's going nowhere but it's pretty indicative of the kind of diseased thinking within the Republican party.
    The GOP is just completely off the rails.

It's sad watching all of these Republicans want to have her charged for inciting a riot. Meanwhile, during Trump's trial they all conveniently kept their mouths shut.

Hypocrisy, thy name is Republican.

With that being said, while I do agree with her. I do think it was NOT the time to make such a statement.
    Last edited by Not A Cat; 2021-04-20 at 12:12 AM.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

She's fuckin right, tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't make sense to me.

Pushing for more protesting (a right) over some trial is normal and has been said up and down this trial and it is very very clearly understood that if the charges weren't want most feel they should be that there would be tremendous protesting. Maxine is literally saying what we already know would happen.

When kentucky decided to not do shit in the Taylor case after lying about it, and after justice has lost... they rolled out the controls before the announcement because that kind of thing happening is a given.

As a Minnesotan, she needs to gtfo Minnesota. Yeah, she pissed me off coming up shiwboating with her political bullshit.

I agree with almost all she stated, but there is a time and place.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

15+ Year Old Account
    Soon time to find out if nine and a half minutes of being choked to death while not resisting equals as being a perceived threat and thus a valid target of deadly (would not have been deadly if following training, policy and common sense) force.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Soon time to find out if nine and a half minutes of being choked to death while not resisting equals as being a perceived threat and thus a valid target of force.
    and apparently now it hinges on whether or not a black congresswoman saying that if he gets off that we need to protest more and not go away and get more confrontational...

Apparently, all that in the face of your people being killed is a no no and has the likes of our moderate news overlords CNN chastising her along with the Judge.

"Gotta give appeal to the murderer because you may have affected his sentencing by saying if we let off a murderer part of a group that kills your people to such an extent that the UN COMPARES police killings of black people to modern-day lynchings of blacks, is a no no never mind it is also a right of the people here

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    and apparently now it hinges on whether or not a black congresswoman saying that if he gets off that we need to protest more and not go away and get more confrontational...

Apparently, all that in the face of your people being killed is a no no and has the likes of our moderate news overlords CNN chastising her along with the Judge.

"Gotta give appeal to the murderer because you may have affected his sentencing by saying if we let off a murderer part of a group that kills your people to such an extent that the UN COMPARES police killings of black people to modern-day lynchings of blacks, is a no no never mind it is also a right of the people here
    Mmmm the lovely stain of politics getting involved with the rule of law and due process.
    It is almost as amusing as an almost 20 year old experienced police officer feeling that the "crowd" filming him warranted such force to be able to face crowd unhindered by the suspect.

In retrospect I feel bad for his attorneys who have nothing to go on except long shots like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    For all you people talking down at Waters and saying "there's a time and a place", this is a trial of a cop who was filmed in broad daylight slowly choking the life out of a black man over basically nothing, filmed from basically every direction throughout the encounter.

If not this time and place, fucking when man?

It's like all those Republicans who pulled the same shit when gun-control advocates took to the streets after Sandy Hook. If you don't raise a stink over these egregious cases, you normalize them moving forward; you have demonstrated that these cases were not a step too far for the opposition, and that you're willing to grant them even more ground if they want to push.

And frankly? Fuck that.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    For all you people talking down at Waters and saying "there's a time and a place", this is a trial of a cop who was filmed in broad daylight slowly choking the life out of a black man over basically nothing, filmed from basically every direction throughout the encounter.

It's like all those Republicans who pulled the same shit when gun-control advocates took to the streets after Sandy Hook. If you don't raise a stink over these egregious cases, you normalize them moving forward; you have demonstrated that these cases were not a step too far for the opposition, and that you're willing to grant them even more ground if they want to push.

And frankly? Fuck that.
    Because of the previous cops conviction that was overturned because of threats of riots. I wouldn't call her out for this, ever, without a very good reason. She's right, 100%, but she's got the worst timing, legally speaking.

And frankly? Fuck that.
    You don't get to make terrorist threats of violent reprisals against innocent people because a you might lose a court case...

It is absurd beyond belief that someone has to type that out to you. You don't get to become terrorists because people believe in the 2nd amendment. Let us not mince words here she did not call for peaceful protests she called for violence.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to find the case - I just saw it the other day, or last week. Literally overturned on appeal because the jury knew about threats of riots if they came back with a "not guilty" verdict.

And frankly? Fuck that.
    Not to mention: The jury shouldn't be looking at news related to the case. They're partially sequestered (they can return home), and if they're not fully sequestered that's on the judge.

This is some top tier hogwash.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost controller View Post
    You don't get to become terrorists because people believe in the 2nd amendment.
    This is about a police officer kneeling on a man's neck until he died. Where the hell does the Second Amendment even remotely enter into this?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost controller View Post
    You don't get to make terrorist threats of violent reprisals against innocent people because a you might lose a court case...
    It's not a terrorist threat in any way, shape, or form. Being "confrontational" isn't inherently violent.