Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    though you can see a visible difference just logging into Classic in terms of how many players are around and playing.
    Couldn't be because of certain factors such as live having much more space for people to be spread out in? I can't even remember the last time I was in the capital cities like Org. I am barely in Oribos for that matter. People love to congregate in city hubs in classic and soon to be TBC because it has the auction houses and spots where people meet to form groups. That doesn't mean live does not have tons of people playing it, you can do /who on various zones to get an idea.

Your anecdotal evidence is just that, anecdotal. Just because YOU see a lot of players in X server does not mean classic is more populated, or healthy or any of those things. The fact is you don't KNOW how well it is doing.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet all of the things listed are universally disliked by the vocal majority
    You know what the vocal majority is? A minority of the playerbase. Most of the players that play this game don't post on forums, don't comment, don't voice opinions. They play the game and then either keep playing it over time or go and do something else and you'll never heard a peep out of them. Forums like this and reddit and other places are where a MINORITY of the playerbase goes to bitch, or gush about the game. That's it.

I don't give a flying fuck what the 'vocal majority' wants. If Blizz does X and Y and I don't like X and Y what do I do? I'd go do something else. I'd not make a thread saying "Blizz is out of touch because they did X thing in this patch or expansion, so I'm out of here!" I'd just stop playing.

- - - Updated - - -

but the reality is the majority is all that matters and Blizzard thinks they know better and it's costing them subs quarterly.
    You're right the majority does matter, that is the silent majority of the players. The ones that do lfr, use the group finder, play alts, do transmog runs, hardcore raid, don't raid at all and so on. You don't know better than Blizz and to suggest you do is laughable. You don't have the data Blizz has at their fingertips, I don't either. But what I DO know is this game is over fifteen years old and keeps bringing in money. The game is still popular, still being played and that is amazing to me. I'm not saying Blizz is incapable of doing no wrong because we both know that isn't the case. But I'm not naïve enough to think I have all the answers either.

If there's anything that's been constant in WoW's history, it's people saying the game is dying and that new players are coddled. Without it, it wouldn't be wow. So the complainers are really just keeping up the tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by llewllew View Post
    If there's anything that's been constant in WoW's history, it's people saying the game is dying and that new players are coddled. Without it, it wouldn't be wow. So the complainers are really just keeping up the tradition.
    Don't you know? WoW has been dying for 16 years now.

10+ Year Old Account
    People like to argue over who is right, so I’m not overly surprised. I’ve seen people defend WoW and claim it’s the perfect game. I’ve also seen people shit on WoW and claim it’s a horrible game. In the end, I don’t care what either side says or does, it has little impact on my choices.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Not rooting for it to fail at all. I have played since the middle of Wrath, took a break in WoD and BFA. I quit playing in January and come around looking for a reason to log back in. Shadowlands, for me, doesn’t feel good. If others like it, it’s fine. I’ve just come to the realization that currently the game is headed in a direction that is not for me and I’ve moved on to other games. I hope they get it together, but it doesn’t seem likely anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Couldn't be because of certain factors such as live having much more space for people to be spread out in? I can't even remember the last time I was in the capital cities like Org. I am barely in Oribos for that matter. People love to congregate in city hubs in classic and soon to be TBC because it has the auction houses and spots where people meet to form groups. That doesn't mean live does not have tons of people playing it, you can do /who on various zones to get an idea.

Your anecdotal evidence is just that, anecdotal. Just because YOU see a lot of players in X server does not mean classic is more populated, or healthy or any of those things. The fact is you don't KNOW how well it is doing.
    And yet you /who specific classes at 60 on large servers, I'm on Mal'ganis, and some of the classes don't even reach the cap of 50 players shown. The game is dying the evidence is there, you're just too ignorant to accept it.

You know what the vocal majority is? A minority of the playerbase. Most of the players that play this game don't post on forums, don't comment, don't voice opinions. They play the game and then either keep playing it over time or go and do something else and you'll never heard a peep out of them. Forums like this and reddit and other places are where a MINORITY of the playerbase goes to bitch, or gush about the game. That's it.

I don't give a flying fuck what the 'vocal majority' wants. If Blizz does X and Y and I don't like X and Y what do I do? I'd go do something else. I'd not make a thread saying "Blizz is out of touch because they did X thing in this patch or expansion, so I'm out of here!" I'd just stop playing.
    And yet if nobody is saying anything and the playerbase keeps dwindling Blizzard should be listening to the only people giving feedback.

You're right the majority does matter, that is the silent majority of the players. The ones that do lfr, use the group finder, play alts, do transmog runs, hardcore raid, don't raid at all and so on. You don't know better than Blizz and to suggest you do is laughable. You don't have the data Blizz has at their fingertips, I don't either. But what I DO know is this game is over fifteen years old and keeps bringing in money. The game is still popular, still being played and that is amazing to me. I'm not saying Blizz is incapable of doing no wrong because we both know that isn't the case. But I'm not naïve enough to think I have all the answers either.
    And yet group finder is regularly dead during primetime hours lol. You don't even see the stupidity in what you're saying do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    I am personally cheering for Blizzard-Activision to fail, I always hated the merge and it's obvious that it wasn't healthy for Blizzard or their games
    Fuck Activision
    This is the problem with today's generation. "I want an entire game to fail, untold amounts of people to potentially lose their jobs, and scores of other people to lose a game they still enjoy all because I am not happy." It's completely Narcissistic. Just because you are sour over a merger doesn't mean it should fail, it means you need to move on, get over it and focus on things that actually make you happy in a healthy way and not damn a company over your displeasure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I want the game to fail, but it wouldn't hurt to have some mishap whip Blizzard into shape.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's edgy and gets lots of attention here. The latter is mostly what it's about. Ex-players should move on. They don't. It's how it is.

People go on and on about the Blizzard Defense Force but the Blizzard Attack Force exists as well. I personally think they're both dumb. WoW is a big game; some good, some bad. Lots of grey areas that I'm more or less ambivalent about either way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Not that I want the game to fail, but it wouldn't hurt to have some mishap whip Blizzard into shape.
    How would you know it wouldn't make things worse? "Whipping Blizzard into shape" is really vague. Cataclysm qualfies as a mishap and the game has been slowly traversing it's long tail ever since.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-04-24 at 11:49 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

And yet you /who specific classes at 60 on large servers, I'm on Mal'ganis, and some of the classes don't even reach the cap of 50 players shown. The game is dying the evidence is there, you're just too ignorant to accept it.

And yet if nobody is saying anything and the playerbase keeps dwindling Blizzard should be listening to the only people giving feedback.

And yet group finder is regularly dead during primetime hours lol. You don't even see the stupidity in what you're saying do you?
    ..sigh

/who is fairly broken due to the phases

2. They do but yall mad when they say no or they say yes and your mad that they arent listening to YOUR feedback

3. Immah call bullshit on that one when I do play I play on VERY off prime hours and group finder isnt dead..shit I found world boss groups on Sunday at 2am

If it came down to it, I'd rather WoW fall if it meant the MMORPG genre could rise again.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    If it came down to it, I'd rather WoW fall if it meant the MMORPG genre could rise again.
    Yeah more likely if wow failed western investors will see the mmo bubble has popped and wont bother making new ones. Eastern ones will keep churning out what they are making though

1. Phased people don't show up on /who, so I can /who people in my guild in the zones they are in and they don't show up if they are phased. So yeah... the evidence is there is it? Or you don't know what you are looking at and can't come to the right conclusion even if you were. Just too ignorant to blah blah blah right?

2. Yeah? I don't think they should listen to vocal whiners and bitchers, many of them that don't even play the fucking game anymore.

3. Lolz anecdotal evidence and all that. You don't even see the stupidity in what you're saying do you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ..sigh

/who is fairly broken due to the phases

2. They do but yall mad when they say no or they say yes and your mad that they arent listening to YOUR feedback

3. Immah call bullshit on that one when I do play I play on VERY off prime hours and group finder isnt dead..shit I found world boss groups on Sunday at 2am
    Oh we can all see that Zyky is arguing in bad faith. It is kind of sad. WoW sure is fuck isn't a perfect game and has done many things wrong over the years but damn, just don't play it if you don't like it or provide feedback and then leave if they don't do what you want to see happen. Zyky gives them money every month and still hates on what he is playing. Like damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Yeah more likely if wow failed western investors will see the mmo bubble has popped and wont bother making new ones. Eastern ones will keep churning out what they are making though
    That's fine. I'm not interested in AAA studios taking a crack at MMORPG's of their investors backing them. Plenty of smaller indie MMOs coming and even ones privately backed like AoC. Fuck every publicly traded company.

That's fine. I'm not interested in AAA studios taking a crack at MMORPG's of their investors backing them. Plenty of smaller indie MMOs coming and even ones privately backed like AoC. Fuck every publicly traded company.
    Well the thing with MMOs is they even back then are freakishly risky. They are expensive to maintain, require constant updates and your basically fighting for attention from your competitors. Wow going away would alleviate it a bit (since people wont have "Im established on wow and I dont wanna start another game") but if the game doesnt do well from the start it risks just shutting down.

Well hey if you like shitty quality MMORPGs then have at it.

Oh we can all see that Zyky is arguing in bad faith.
    You have all the facts in front of you, you simply need to log in and look for yourself. The game is DEAD because the game is SHIT and people aren't paying to play a trash game. It's in front of your face, but you want to argue saying that I'm arguing in bad faith. Every single person has the same evidence right in front of their eyes, you just refuse to accept that Blizzard has pushed out 4 garbage expansions in a row and refuse to listen to the playerbase and it's costing them hundreds of thousands of subs every single expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Well, you see, for these players it's just as easy as Blizzard re-releasing {insert favorite expansion here} and all of the game's current issues will vanish. The fact that Blizzard doesn't just re-release previously successful expansions based entirely on an arbitrary opinion of one single players' experience is the real reason WoW is failing. If Blizzard really wanted the game to be successful, they'd just allow millions of versions of it to exist so that every unique player can get the exact experience they desire from it.
    Funny you’re being a sarcastic dick when that’s exactly what they’re doing

15+ Year Old Account
    you just refuse to accept that Blizzard has pushed out 4 garbage expansions in a row and refuse to listen to the playerbase and it's costing them hundreds of thousands of subs every single expansion.
    Have you faced your own addiction that causes you to discuss and/or garbage expansions?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    This is the problem with today's generation. "I want an entire game to fail, untold amounts of people to potentially lose their jobs, and scores of other people to lose a game they still enjoy all because I am not happy." It's completely Narcissistic. Just because you are sour over a merger doesn't mean it should fail, it means you need to move on, get over it and focus on things that actually make you happy in a healthy way and not damn a company over your displeasure.
    Can't think of anything more narcissistic then creating strawmen arguments so you can feel superior to a position that no one outside of trolls have ever taken.