Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I don't think it is really emphasized on those films. They are like PG.

My remark was meant to suggest more than "attractive people", I meant men being shown in a sexual context as desirable. Usually, you get a shot of a woman walking away from a tryst with perhaps some side boob or cheek suggestion. Or longing shots of a women's physique being emphasized and/or posed in such a way as to slim her hips or embellish her bust posing and shot-blocking.

It is less common for men to be shown in that or similar context. In Jupiter's Legacy, they made an effort to show men in that light as well. I will avoid spoilers because this just came out.

I only recall one of those Marvel movies mentioned Thor was handsome as a joke. They really didn't have Thor laying the hammer down or Iron Man showing the iron buns. So to speak.
    Oh yeah...they never emphasize that at all in the MCU

https://www.ranker.com/list/every-sh...hannah-collins

It just never comes up...

I actually sincerely disliked this show, Ive fallen asleep already more times than i can count. I think its mostly because, none of the characters really resonate with me.

Just finished watching it, it wasn't great the story felt really disjointed and not enough happened in the current timeline.

I could understand the code about not killing when dealing with normal humans, but when dealing with super villains it made no sense and should have been allowed in extreme circumstances, like when Blackstar was going to go nuclear.

I didn't like that they didn't even bother to explain how the bad guys got their powers, after they went into so much detail about the original teams journey, I could understand their children having powers, but what about all the others?

10+ Year Old Account
    The entire 1929 story line should have been a whole season! I was on the edge of my seat as the mystery began to unravel.

When the thing happened, bro. I was in fucking tears like a bitch. My kids crying too.

That was a helluva a satisfying payoff! Bravo!
    Wait what thing, I just finished watching and I don't feel like there was a huge reveal or anything in the 1929 timeline.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don’t she’s talking about *boom, shirt off* moments, more so them showing the male body and all its wonder in a sexy and appealing way with camera angles. You know, accentuate the curves of the body?

And I haven’t watched it all yet, but I’m also assuming there’s a butt shot.
    What do you think that scene with Thor washing himself is?

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    Just finished watching it, it wasn't great the story felt really disjointed and not enough happened in the current timeline.

I could understand the code about not killing when dealing with normal humans, but when dealing with super villains it made no sense and should have been allowed in extreme circumstances, like when Blackstar was going to go nuclear.

I didn't like that they didn't even bother to explain how the bad guys got their powers, after they went into so much detail about the original teams journey, I could understand their children having powers, but what about all the others?
    I think the propagation of powers was sort of hinted at by the people on the boat getting hit with the power wave, you see those swirl patterns show up on their skin for a quick second. I wouldn't say they were all responsible for the "bad guys" but I'm assuming the wave probably just kept going.

The problem I had with the killing vs no killing is when Brandon did it, it was completely justified. You should be allowed to defend yourself and others. Later on when they wanted to kill Baryon's partner there was no immediate danger and it felt like the show wanted us to think of the two events as the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    One of the very few (I don’t recall any more like that), which was still pretty tame. No one said they didn’t have any.
    That's as much as you'll see in Jupiter's Legacy...Just dudes walking around with their shirts off.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Oh yeah...they never emphasize that at all

It just never comes up...
    I just explained what I was talking about. Not just a shirt off shot. The sexuality of those men isn't really emphasized.

I am not a MCU fanatic or anything. If Killmonger or Captain America fucks and the films are into it then I will take your word for it.

However, I don't recall those films being very sexy in depicting men. So it was refreshing for me to see it in Jupiter's Legacy.

Edit: Although, Chris Evans.Yowza.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-05-09 at 11:32 PM.

Chole? Man, I loved her! I thought she was a good character and had a real point of conflict and a valid point for being bitter toward her parents.

Or do you mean, the other daughter?

TThe first episode was good but I was eh on the show up to the point they actually followed through the code/conflict. I admired they kept piling on reasons for/against the code.

Generally, I thought the show did a good job of exploring its themes from both POVs; hero/villain, code/no-code, past/present, expectations/responsibility.

Many times I got wrapped up in the moment and thought, "Well, he has a point..." then a few scenes later they present a counterpoint. I dug it.

Yeah I really liked the back and forth but for me I leaned to the 'yeah kill them but as a last resort', so you do the silly stuff first and if thats a no go then you can, the point about police/military the 'character' made was a good one.

And yeah it was chloe, I understood the point of her story but I have always detested that kind of character, in so far of her two facets really, rebelling against the ethos is one thing, which I would get into, but being a trampy drug addict is a totally different thing :/

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post

I was also annoyed at that, I get it was set ina time of almost transition were teh old guard is going to in the near future start stepping aside and the whole code and you know who's evil scheme was the centre piece of teh story... but yeah not even a single senetce of how these wackjobs got their powers, not all the heroes were childern of the original 6 though, unless one went around on a humping spree, so its a bunch of good and bad people having gotten powers.

I also was a bit wtf at how powerful blackstar 'clone' was in that fight, like he was gonan kill them all and they cannot tell me its because they could not kill it was so hard, rip his fucking arms off or something *rolleyes* the power level just seemed wrong there, was the released real blackstarr later in the season of a similar ish power level? As he went down so much easier and he also 'went down' before the season starts off camera as he was ofc in custpody, so either the clone was just flat out op or their power levels fluctuated.
    Last edited by Sorrowseer; 2021-05-09 at 11:40 PM.

I just explained what I was talking about. Not just a shirt off shot. The sexuality of those men isn't really emphasized.

I am not a MCU fanatic or anything. If Killmonger or Captain America fucks and the films are into it then I will take your word for it.

However, I don't recall those films being very sexy in depicting men. So it was refreshing for me to see it in Jupiter's Legacy.
    I just don't see what you're seeing I guess. Sure, it's got sex scenes...but they seem to follow the normal Hollywood trend of focusing on the woman.

I mean, the clip of Thor I linked emphasizes his sexuality as much as anything I saw in JL. That scene certainly wasn't put in that movie because it enhanced the narrative.

Maybe it just comes down to you finding the dudes in Jupiter's Legacy more attractive when they're walking around with their shirts off. Which is fine. Everybody got their thing.

Personally, I felt that series did more to sexualize Chloe than any other character. I mean...there's a scene where she gets out of bed after banging a dude, puts on a shirt, and then promptly removes the shirt to bang the dude again. And I don't think she wears pants in a single scene. Miniskirts, short dresses, and shorts/underwear...but I don't recall seeing her wearing anything that went past her thighs. Maybe she does and I'm just not remembering it...but that's what stands out to me.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-05-09 at 11:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Was a bit bored with the beginning of the first episode but I stuck it out. Glad I stuck it out. I'm only five episodes in but I'm enjoying the various stories thus far; the 1939 story line especially - very curious to see where that ends up.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    I just don't see what you're seeing I guess. Sure, it's got sex scenes...but they seem to follow the normal Hollywood trend of focusing on the woman.
    Perhaps. Though you might be interpreting my early comment in a more extreme sense and more critically than when I initially wrote it.

Though what I am saying is I enjoyed the overt equity in treating sexuality among the men and women in the show. The equal application of the Male and Female Gaze in the show I found to be refreshing.

Other shows such as Bridgerton, Fleabag, Europhia, and Shanranya (IDK what it was called really) also attempted (or attempt as some of these are still airing) to do this kind of sexual equity as well. Filming and framing characters from a female and male gaze POV. I am neither saying it is unique or unheard of in some way- but it was nice to see essentially.

I mean, the clip of Thor I linked emphasizes his sexuality as much as anything I saw in JL. That scene certainly wasn't put in that movie because it enhanced the narrative.
    Yea, but that's like the PG BS I am talking about. He just washing his hands shirtless. The way that is shot and blocked is not sexy and there is not overt sexual context to it like Nick of Time, Hutch, Brandon, younger Sheldon & George, et cetera.

Even whats-his-face, the doctor from the boat is directly defined by a romantic relationship that in his telling of the story essentially says, "we fucked".

Maybe it just comes down to you finding the dudes in Jupiter's Legacy more attractive when they're walking around with their shirts off. Which is fine. Everybody got their thing.
    No, no. Chris Evans and the Thor actor are highly attractive. I like. XD

They just don't come off as "sexy" in the context of the Marvel films. I mean you can find these actors attractive, millions do obviously, but it's not implicit in the narrative. They are just good-looking actors and if you find them attractive that's cool but Thor is not going to swing that thang necessarily nor are the films going to suggest/show it.

Personally, I felt that series did more to sexualize Chloe than any other character.
    yea, they did that too. But her partner, Hutch, was fairly sexy as well.

I mean...there's a scene where she gets out of bed after banging a dude, puts on a shirt, and then promptly removes the shirt to bang the dude again. And I don't think she wears pants in a single scene. Miniskirts, short dresses, and shorts/underwear...but I don't recall seeing her wearing anything that went past her thighs. Maybe she does and I'm just not remembering it...but that's what stands out to me.
    This is a very Male Gaze thing. I am not saying that negatively either. It just is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Yeah I really liked the back and forth but for me I leaned to the 'yeah kill them but as a last resort', so you do the silly stuff first and if thats a no go then you can, the point about police/military the 'character' made was a good one.
    I actually did not agree with that philosophically. I thought the Utopian was right, even if it would cost you-know-what.

No one elected these "heroes", these beings are not judges or law enforcers. Ultimately I agree with Sheldon but they still did a decent job of showing the opposing view. Which I appreciated.

And yeah it was chloe, I understood the point of her story but I have always detested that kind of character, in so far of her two facets really, rebelling against the ethos is one thing, which I would get into, but being a trampy drug addict is a totally different thing :/
    I don't agree with the tramp thing.

Though I started reading the comics now and Chole has a journey. So the character has a lot of legs to her- if this show continues of course.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-05-10 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Quoting multiple posts on your phone is a pain in the ass.

After 5min I thought, this might be the worst show I've ever seen. After 15min I turned it off.

Perhaps. Though you might be interpreting my early comment in a more extreme sense and more critically than when I initially wrote it.

Though what I am saying is I enjoyed the overt equity in treating sexuality among the men and women in the show. The equal application of the Male and Female Gaze in the show I found to be refreshing.
    I get what your saying...I just don't think that's it's any more equal in the "male and female gaze department". Like I said, they put more energy to showing Chloe off than any of the male leads...Hutch included. The sex scenes have the camera focus on the women...and the emphasis is on how good the men are at sex (with Chloe even saying "You sure you don't have super powers?"). I mean, even the sex scene with Grace and Shel...she's just about to cum and he's all like "gotta go...there's a comet near mars"... like he couldn't wait just another minute.

After finishing it I liked it but the entire 8 episodes kinda feel like a single pilot episode though. Hope we get more
    There's also nothing stopping Blizzard from resurrecting both Arthas and Archimonde and turning them into super saiyans so that they can fuse and fight Sargeras

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna lie bootleg kingdom come with the budget of one of those horrible CW shows is not something i was expecting, the flash backs were interesting atleast.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked it, the 30's angle was interesting too. I thought the show's focus was a bit spread out and shifts to another character when it was getting interesting with one.

I enjoyed the show overall it looked low budget but the characters were well done and engaging and kept me watching.

10+ Year Old Account

Edit: Although, Chris Evans.Yowza.
    Not a movie, but in the Marvel Netflix shows, there was plenty of it.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.