Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    Already answered this, to do random battlegrounds and turn in warmode without getting hopelessly crushed every time.
    I wouldn't bother trying to explain it. They can't fathom wanting to play any game mode without having a great big carrot to chase.

Random battlegrounds or heroic dungeons don't exist in their world because they can't understand just playing for fun and they certainly don't understand wanting to be on equal footing in those game modes because if you're not the best player in the world why should you care about winning or losing?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Random battlegrounds or heroic dungeons don't exist in their world because they can't understand just playing for fun and they certainly don't understand wanting to be on equal footing in those game modes because if you're not the best player in the world why should you care about winning or losing?
    If your not the best player then you won't be on equal footings regardless. Heroic dungeons is meaningless to the discussion since it is tuned way below what you can get from World Quests. 194 is equivalent to a Mythic +4 end of dungeon reward. While you'll be randomly matched with a bunch of differing gear levels in battlegrounds it is rarely an issue of gear but rather skill/objectives. You can offset lower gear by not doing 1v1 duels in the middle of the map but playing with your team. A healer is much more of a benefit then the little bit higher item level.

Item level is just used as the scape goat because you can't get more of it past a certain point with out doing higher levels of content.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you need a good looking partner when an ugly one will grant you children exactly as well? Yes if you approach everything with pure logic like a fucking robot and never ever use any emotion under any circumstance it's true that you never need anything more than the bare minimum.

Why would I want to earn 300k dollars per year when I can survive on 100k by eating potatoes and onions?
    how old are you that you think you'd have to scrape by making $100k a year?

They literally do gear catchup mechanics every expansion, blizzard isn't listening, they're continuing a predictable patch cycle model for ilvl inflation

Already answered this, to do random battlegrounds and turn in warmode without getting hopelessly crushed every time.
    Then you have PVP gear, which is both easier to get and far better for your activities?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    If there were more of you than there were of the tryhards, I'd probably still be playing WoW.

Instead, I'm playing other MMOs where I can progress things at my own pace, in my own way, and when I do group, I don't get hassled by tryhards and meter-readers, even in normal/heroic group content. And feel like I'm making progress.

I should add on to this that I loathe speed runs as a daily thing. So M+ is not on my list of fun things to do.
    Yet here you are talking about a game you dont even play instead of playing those other games....lol....

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Then you have PVP gear, which is both easier to get and far better for your activities?
    If you're not a rated PvPer, that gear is also set very low.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're not a rated PvPer, that gear is also set very low.
    200 item level is not very low. It is only 33 item levels below the highest in the game.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    I'm sure you're one of the people who are the reason people like me are not playing it.

Good luck. Hope you like the company of tryhards just like you. Enjoy it, even.
    Yes, he designs the game along Ion and all the warcraftdevs, in fact hes a well known streamer and high end player that competes in world first race, so his opinion is highly considered by wow devs /s

This is such a bad scapegoat xd its funny at this point, the game isnt catered to me so ITS YOUR FAULT, so lame.
    Last edited by Frozenbro; 2021-05-09 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    200 item level is not very low. It is only 33 item levels below the highest in the game.
    That's a 33% difference in power. More than enough to get facerolled

The max from end of chest doing +15 keys is only 210.
    Heroic gear is 213.
    Also 233 gear is only from last 2 bosses on mythic. Or if you manage 2400 rating. Neither of which is common enough to "get facerolled".

Really, no one has made a sound argument to why you should get rewards from content you dont even do or like.... all you people want the best gear for doing nothing while "needing" them todo faceroll trivial outdoor "content".

Be realistic and get real lol...
    Last edited by tomten; 2021-05-09 at 06:34 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you want better gear then do harder content.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    The max from end of chest doing +15 keys is only 210.
    Heroic gear is 213.
    Also 233 gear is only from last 2 bosses on mythic. Or if you manage 2400 rating. Neither of which is common enough to "get facerolled".

Really, no one has made a sound argument to why you should get rewards from content you dont even do or like.... all you people want the best gear for doing nothing while "needing" them todo faceroll trivial outdoor "content".

Be realistic and get real lol...
    The reason is because it is good for the game for the average player to be able to get best in slot gear over the course of a content cycle. It keeps people engaged.

You are the weird one here. Every other major MMO is built to allow the average player to get at least very very very close to BiS gear during a content cycle. WoW is the game that refuses to do this, and all it does it cause problems.

This belief you guys have that the way wow handles this is just some common sense thing that everyone should accept is because you all don’t play other games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    “If you want better gear, do content you don’t enjoy”

That’s a hell of a way to engage players and make them subscribe to your game.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    “If you want better gear, do content you don’t enjoy”

That’s a hell of a way to engage players and make them subscribe to your game.
    If you don't like doing the content you need to do to get the best gear then you don't get that gear. That's how it should be.

If you don't like doing the content you need to do to get the best gear then you don't get that gear. That's how it should be.
    Your pronouncements of who deserves what will never turn bad game design into good game design. This isn’t a job. This is a video game. If you construct systems that needlessly make the game unfun just so people like you can have whatever weird sense of satisfaction it gives you to know other people aren’t having fun, the game won’t succeed.
    -ynnady

7+ Year Old Account
    Your pronouncements of who deserves what will never turn bad game design into good game design. This isn’t a job. This is a video game. If you construct systems that needlessly make the game unfun just so people like you can have whatever weird sense of satisfaction it gives you to know other people aren’t having fun, the game won’t succeed.
    Seems like it will succeed, since this is how gear has worked since the beginning. If you don't like doing something in the game then don't do it. Just do the things you find fun.

I don't have to do that soon when 9.1 drops get over it why harder when i can get heroic ilvl or close to it in 9.1 soon doing easier content.
    Last edited by Lurker1; 2021-05-09 at 07:21 PM.

Seems like it will succeed, since this is how gear has worked since the beginning. If you don't like doing something in the game then don't do it. Just do the things you find fun.
    Except that isn’t how it worked since the beginning. You could get very, very good gear doing casual content at almost any point in the early games history. There was a legitimate set of “final” gear you could work toward.

It is simply bad design for your game to not allow the average player to target a “final” set of gear. Sense of completion is extremely important in a game like this. Whatever weird jollies you get knowing other people aren’t having fun is not worth the overall health of the game.
    -ynnady

I find random battlegrounds fun. It's the one thing I found consistently fun throughout every expansion. I used to be able to get decent gear from them too. Now I can't and all I would have to look forward to is getting crushed. Since that essentially means I'm not allowed to play what I find fun, what reason is there to pay a sub?

I find random battlegrounds fun. It's the one thing I found consistently fun throughout every expansion. I used to be able to get decent gear from them too. Now I can't and all I would have to look forward to is getting crushed. Since that essentially means I'm not allowed to play what I find fun, what reason is there to pay a sub?
    Not only folks like you that are screwed, but folks that likes working on crafted and rep gear are screwed, people that like running non-M+ dungeons are screwed, people that like pugging old raid tiers for gear are screwed, etc..

The game isn’t structured to reward the average player, and that’s bad design,
    -ynnady

7+ Year Old Account
    Except that isn’t how it worked since the beginning. You could get very, very good gear doing casual content at almost any point in the early games history. There was a legitimate set of “final” gear you could work toward.

It is simply bad design for your game to not allow the average player to target a “final” set of gear. Sense of completion is extremely important in a game like this. Whatever weird jollies you get knowing other people aren’t having fun is not worth the overall health of the game.
    The average player does have a final set of gear, it's just not the best gear in the game and it shouldn't be.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't find it fun anymore then you shouldn't pay a sub. Stop and play something else until wow becomes fun for you again.