10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Why dont you provide an example of what SC doesnt offer but ED does.
    A complete game.

If i made a website called www.robbersspaceindustries.com, do you think people would donate for my honesty?

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus View Post
    A complete game.
    Oh! I know the answer to this one!

“Star Citizen already provides more and better even its current alpha version!”

Can I join the cult now?!

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    Oh! I know the answer to this one!

“Star Citizen already provides more and better even its current alpha version!”

Can I join the cult now?!
    One of us. One of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    One of us. One of us.
    Thank you, thank you, I promiss I'll buy a big fat pack of jpgs as soon as my pay check hits!

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus View Post
    A complete game.
    Its not complete, it misses tons of stuff an actual space game should have.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Why dont you provide an example of what SC doesnt offer but ED does.
    Well that back-fired, didn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Well that's easy isn't it.

More than 1 star system. Aliens to fight in game. Ships to own permanently without spending money. Manouverable supercruise. Orbiting planets and moons. Nebulas. Scientifically correct star placement. 1:1 scale. Fully upgradable weapons, armor, shields, modules. Influencable background simulation. In game lore / story blah blah blah
    kenn, you've got your head so far up, well, you know, that you can't see straight. You're saying ED is boring and has no content, yet you spend weeks playing this - according to you - nothing. You're saying SC has a ton of content that's no where to be found; streamers only showcase a shallow bug-fest and pointless roaming in ships you can't even own without spending money.

Man, did you fall for the scheme, or what.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post

kenn, you've got your head so far up, well, you know, that you can't see straight. You're saying ED is boring and has no content, yet you spend weeks playing this - according to you - nothing. You're saying SC has a ton of content that's no where to be found; streamers only showcase a shallow bug-fest and pointless roaming in ships you can't even own without spending money.

What has backfired, you have presented nothing to prove ED has anything that SC cant provide or more.

Yes ED is boring and has no content, but when its a fresh game you can still sink 100 hours into it before being completely bored as more than half the time spent ingame your not doing anything in the game, SC has a ton of content thats just fact.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post

They're going to keep saying this until it is over.

PSA by the way that Kenn is Concierge. He spent a lot of money on the game. Makes it harder to see valid criticism.

Yes ED is boring and has no content, but when its a fresh game you can still sink 100 hours into it before being completely bored as more than half the time spent ingame your not doing anything in the game, SC has a ton of content thats just fact.
    This really sounds legit when the damn thing has an average of 9,000 online players just on Steam alone, kek "facts".

Its not complete, it misses tons of stuff an actual space game should have.
    Opinion: Its not complete
    Opinion: missing "tons of stuff"
    Opinion: actual space game should have.

- - - Updated - - -

SC has a ton of content thats just fact.
    Opinion: SC has a ton of content

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    They're going to keep saying this until it is over.

PSA by the way that Kenn is Concierge. He spent a lot of money on the game. Makes it harder to see valid criticism.
    Yeah it is pretty sad someone can shill this hard and refuse to engage in actual discussions and continue to get to do it.

Another day, another few pages of glorious thread to read through.

This season's storyline is really good, though I'm interested to see how they tie up the character arcs for some people. I get that some of them clearly had "sunk cost fallacy" as a key character trait but throwing in "rejection of reality" and things like that is starting to stretch my suspension of disbelief. Unless the big "twist" ending is that they end up being employees, which would probably be sufficient motivation for some of the weirder takes they've presented throughout the season.

Oh well, I'm excited to see how things progress!

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    Most of CDPR team was assigned to the Witcher 3 in 2013, after its release in 2015 the team started working on its expansions, after blood and wine release, by the end of 2016 cyberpunk full production started with a team of around 250 people that grew too little over 500.

… and Red Dead Redemption 2 came with Red Dead Redemption Online.
    The same principle applies to RDR2 as well, actually. Initially only a small number of people worked on it in preliminary stages. Because the thing is, between then and the release of RDR2 most people at Rockstar San Diego, together with most Rockstar studios, worked on GTAV and GTA Online. The funny thing is kenn tried to spin this tangent dozens of pages ago already and this exact same thing has been pointed out to them months ago. They are arguing in circles here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    The same principle applies to RDR2 as well, actually. Initially only a small number of people worked on it in preliminary stages. Because the thing is, between then and the release of RDR2 most people at Rockstar San Diego, together with most Rockstar studios, worked on GTAV and GTA Online. The funny thing is kenn tried to spin this tangent dozens of pages ago already and this exact same thing has been pointed out to them months ago. They are arguing in circles here.
    Lol, but it always been like that.

Twitch stats, dates are not dates, and SC is unique and can't be compared to other video games unless it fits my narrative, 1 month of inactivity, bump it and start over.

According to what website, the kickstarter game was not being developed anymore so having the money to create that basic version of the game is not the same as having the money for the MMO version of the game, so no they didnt state they had all the money they would need.
    I don't know if you're being deliberately obtuse or what, but their own funding page shows that they received all the funding for the game they originally set out to make. They met every single goal, every single stretch goal, and have raised over $350 million dollars to date. Which is 5x more than they said they needed for the game they said they'd make.

There aren't new stretch goals, there's no new campaign. They're still building upon the stretch goals they originally set back in 2014, according to their own website.

If there's been newer campaigns for new additions to the game since then, please point me to them. Otherwise, the official website, and every fan made website I can find shows that the only crowdfunding campaign were the one that got this whole thing started in 2012 and the newer one in 2014 that added all the stretch goals (or it might all be part for the same one and those were just the years where the funding milestones were reached).

Either way, if you're trying to say that they've never said they had all the money they said they'd need you're either being dishonest or you're calling Chris Roberts and CIG a bunch of liars and swindlers as well, because their own official funding page shows they have MORE then reached the crowdfunding goals for the game they set out to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Another day, another few pages of glorious thread to read through.

This season's storyline is really good, though I'm interested to see how they tie up the character arcs for some people. I get that some of them clearly had "sunk cost fallacy" as a key character trait but throwing in "rejection of reality" and things like that is starting to stretch my suspension of disbelief. Unless the big "twist" ending is that they end up being employees, which would probably be sufficient motivation for some of the weirder takes they've presented throughout the season.

Oh well, I'm excited to see how things progress!
    If you stick around there is probably a good ten seasons still to go. Unless the show gets axed first due to poor ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I can't speak for everyone, but for me, this isn't the issue. The game has value for those who feel like you do, that's fine. People can spend their money how they want.

The issue for me is that after 8+ years of development and over $300 million, the game is still only in alpha, with no real idea of when it might be at a state higher than that. One of the core systems for the functionality of the game isn't in place yet, and this is after several release windows have already passed (don't even try pushing your BS argument about no release windows being published, it's entirely in bad faith and disingenuous).

I know your answer will be "when it's ready!" but...how much longer and how much more money will need to be spent before this game is in a releasable state?
    people dont realise 300 million isnt that much... especially in 8 years.

You know games that are released make 300 million much quicker. When skyrim came out it made 600 million in less than a year.

Witcher 3 generated 130 million in revenue 4 years AFTER its release (in 2019).

SC has basically made 44 million every year since its reveal, but thats not true... initially it didnt make anything like that, its been increasing overtime so thats just an average.

And thank god its still in development... noone wants a halfbaked mediocre game, it seems most games these days are mediocre anyway and the ones that promise to be impressive are destroyed by corporate greed: see Cyberpunk rushed release.

We havent had an impressive game in a very long time. General populace seems to be content with mediocrity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    As a possible consumer, this game is a joke now. I am not excited, I am not interested in the gameplay, if there is any. The ships are pretty but looking at rendered ship photos is not a game. This "vaporware's" time has come and gone, now it's just a joke. I know I'm not the only one that when I see "Star Citizen" anywhere, I know it's not good news, I click on it to see how the dumpster fire has gotten worse and laugh at it. It's like some macabre fascination of watching a disaster from afar. Sure you can make a lot of money out of "scamming" people but your legacy developing this game will always and be forever be a joke and a failure in most people's eyes.

Even in some reality where this game were to come out as an amazing release, I don't see how a follow-up via patches and anything else could be anything but a disappointment given the handling on the main game. What is even the main game anymore anyway?
    Oof... have you... you know... tried watching the ships ingame instead of the website? :P

Just wait till this guy finds out you can actually fly the ships ingame and do ingame content with em.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'm sorry, but in no universe does anyone put a minimum of 100 hours into a game that supposedly has fuck all to do and "lacking" gameplay that gets boring "way too quickly." If a game is that bad, you don't even reach a quarter of that time invested.

In short, someone is just filled to the brim with bullshit. It's more likely you just spat out the 100 hours bit so that you could try validate your own bullshit and use it to argue against someone saying something negative about your special little game and can't get away from it now. Same way you think anyone that isn't an official SC backer can't possibly have a real opinion on the development.
    It seems you dont realize that all online games have this thing called "social content" or any content thats player driven.

Think about CS:GO, does that game really have enough content to keep people playing for 10+ years? some people have easily sunk 5,000 hours into it... yet its just a basic run of the mill competitive shooter, why do people still play it when there are so many new games that do the exact same thing but better and in a new innovative way?

The answer is no it does not and what keeps such a game going is the competitive side of it and the fact that you can play with other people and have fun together...

SC is basically an MMO and MMO's specifically are designed to give players a world to play in, the actually developed content runs out dry in less than 100 hours for sure in literally every game but the players themselves can keep going for endless amounts of years.

Just because you might not be able to have fun outside pre-scripted gameplay loops that doesnt mean others wont... EvE Online is the best example, i dont think anyone cares about the actual content in that game, its literally a virtual world in which player-created corporations are fighting over territory and have been doing so for over a decade.

And SC does things in a way no other game does... only trying it out will you be able to find out what.

Speaking of which in 2 weeks theres going to be a FREE FLY EVENT which means everyone who has never played the game or even wants to pay for it can go and try it out... thats what free means.
    Just simply make an account and when the day comes you can install the game and logon to the alpha version of the persistent universe and experience everything every backer can... they even give you ships for free to play around with for the duration of the event.

If you dont think the game is good then nows your chance to play it and prove yourself how bad it is.
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...-Save-The-Date

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    people dont realise 300 million isnt that much... especially in 8 years.
    And thank god its still in development... noone wants a halfbaked mediocre game, it seems most games these days are mediocre anyway and the ones that promise to be impressive are destroyed by corporate greed: see Cyberpunk rushed release.
    Oh brother. You better donate more to them then and keep buying from the cash shop! You might get the game you want in 8 more years!

- - - Updated - - -

We havent had an impressive game in a very long time. General populace seems to be content with mediocrity.
    It is almost as if the general populace has many varied tastes. Wha??

- - - Updated - - -

And SC does things in a way no other game does...
    Fail upwards and continue to rake in cash? A MMO with a 50 player cap? T-posing AI? Don't keep me in suspense here!

- - - Updated - - -

noone wants a halfbaked mediocre game, it seems most games these days are mediocre anyway and the ones that promise to be impressive are destroyed by corporate greed: see Cyberpunk rushed release.

Look it is great you like the game but you are also promoting your opinion as if they are facts. To you most games you play are mediocre and that is fine. For me many of the games I pick to play I quite enjoy, because I know what I am looking for and don't hype up my expectations through the roof.

By the time SC would be finished it would be mediocre in how much technology will have passed it by considering how slow they are on making this game. How much more money and time do you think these people need to make this game that you think will be EVERYTHING you could have ever wanted. 400+ MORE million? 8 more years?

What has backfired, you have presented nothing to prove ED has anything that SC cant provide or more.

You're the poster boy for the sunk cost fallacy or escalation of commitment and it's absolutely hilarious.

You spent 100 hours doing nothing? That's almost as believable as your fantasy that SC has "tons of content". You're actually starting to sound like Trump, with his "millions and billions" arguments.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2021-05-10 at 06:19 AM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

I don't believe he has even played Elite, Kenn is all about one thing only. There's no way he would allow himself to play something else because then it might threaten the foundations of all he holds dear, oh and for $10 he could have a better game than he's got for his $1000+