Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

The simple reality is that boosted characters just plain suck, their gear is equivalent to that of a character in their 30's, barring trinkets.

So, putting stigma of having used the boost aside, those characters are even less useful than hybrid dps were before pre patch.
    Especially now with a lot of returning players, you can just cherrypick your group, why should i invite a person that has
    1.Absolutely trash gear
    2.Possibly no experience (and thus might cause a wipe thanks to pulling packs on accident)
    And playing a boosted character is a huge red flag on both.
    lol rubbish - it is not lvl 30 gear, not even close. Secondly, its not about the gear anyway, and the fact you bring that up shows how ignorant you are on this subject - they will walk through the portal and upgrade everything to TBC questing greens within a few hours, and THAT is the point - being there for the launch of TBC, and playing TBC, not gearing up in classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

The simple reality is that boosted characters just plain suck, their gear is equivalent to that of a character in their 30's, barring trinkets.

So, putting stigma of having used the boost aside, those characters are even less useful than hybrid dps were before pre patch.
    Especially now with a lot of returning players, you can just cherrypick your group, why should i invite a person that has
    1.Absolutely trash gear
    2.Possibly no experience (and thus might cause a wipe thanks to pulling packs on accident)
    And playing a boosted character is a huge red flag on both.
    Because we're talking about trash content? Honestly I was looking for a Strat quest group, not Naxx. Its PURPOSE is to level up. Why would you invite me? Because it's enough and we can start the run, that's why. Why would you be waiting for the T3 char to go into Strat?

Oh no, no experience. Like holy crap everyone with this mindset needs to grow up asap. This cannot be the entry barrier to that kind of content. When I build groups for the lowest of low dungeons, I literally have zero expectations and requirements for anyone who wants to play with me. This is literally retail M+ behavior creeping into a game that was supposed to be different.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    RAF had drama still even well into WOTLK. it was so dumb. lmao
    It just blows my mind that people would see how people react to this, and yet deny that EXACTLY the same reaction (although quite a bit more at the time) happened when RaF was introduced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Do you really feel that 'opressed' in video game?
    How about turning emotes off or something?
    This is the thing that is in the game from the beginning and can (and should) be used in various ways.
    I can say that i am being harssed by the person who used /laugh at me when i died on Magmadar (hardest boss ever) and you know what? I do not care.

----

Now funny short story:

Me with my boys found this thing on some discord

... and after using this we've literally sold like 3-4 stacks within 2h with some ridiculous prices from our bank characters that were 'farming' it during winter.
    Holy sht... imagine buying this mount for $$ and then hiding it...
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2021-05-31 at 07:35 AM.

Jesus Christ, reading some of these posts makes me feel like I'm reading about some minority groups walking through an extreme alt right suburb. It's fucking pixels and these people are acting like anyone who bought the deluxe edition or a boost should be removed from existence. What kind of fucking community did you WoW players manage to create in a fucking video game? Even FPS games don't have people this deranged apart from a few psychos.

Quote Originally Posted by AmaterasuNyan View Post
    Jesus Christ, reading some of these posts makes me feel like I'm reading about some minority groups walking through an extreme alt right suburb. It's fucking pixels and these people are acting like anyone who bought the deluxe edition or a boost should be removed from existence. What kind of fucking community did you WoW players manage to create in a fucking video game? Even FPS games don't have people this deranged apart from a few psychos.
    Well dont get mad when my pixels /spit on you and remove you from group when i see you mount up on a warp stalker. Its just a game bro common. Being a cyber asshole is just how i have fun.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delia Verana View Post
    Even in the remote Hillsbrad, where I work as an innkeeeper, I have seen a lot of truly disgusting behaviour. I have received mail from my dear friends in Orgrimmar about a worrying trend of people attacking other heroes of their own kind. I did not believe it to be this bad 'till I saw it myself.

THEY ARE SPITTING ON OTHERS! Using all manner of derogatory slurs to insult others. Just because... they are riding a warp stalker? Hmm, I don't know about you but such childish fools are for sure banned from resting in my inn!

For real though, don't be dumb. /spit is one thing, making it automatic is another but going in with whispers and /s on other players' simple purchase is in my opinion and should be a bannable offense. I mean how do you justify it, I am curious? Keeping the hate on the forums is fine I guess but going after other players in game should not be tolerated. You don't like the existence of the deluxe edition, cool, but is this the way to show it?

I really do hope something is done about this. A statement would be brave and it would fuel the fire for sure, but I do not see any justification to harass the players who decided to use their own money on something Blizzard offered them. Keep it cool, rest assured I have a fast copypasta ready for a report when ever I see these heroes. Just don't be dumb.
    if they're using emotes then just spam it back. if they're whispering you, do what I do: call them a fucking asshole cunt and immediately put them on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Classic example of "nonono, im going to entirely dismiss your point because thats not how i remember it, and by default, my memory is accurate and yours is not. Sure, it just so happens to line up with my current narrative, but thats simply a coincidence!"
    No, i simply trust my own memory over that of someone else's.

If you want to argue over some potential drama that happened over 10 years ago, go ahead.
    Besides, that's not even the point of the argument, the point is that RaF wouldn't be nearly as negatively received as the character boost / deluxe edition because it literally was a part of TBC.

I even made the point about Wotlk already, the introduction of the ingame store caused quite a drama, it will not this time around as long as Blizzard sticks to the services that were introduced in Wotlk.
    lol rubbish - it is not lvl 30 gear, not even close.
    Did you check the gear?

Go ahead, make the comparison yourself:
    https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=185976/communal-faceguard
    https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=6686/tusken-helm

Warriors / Rets could get a better helm by solo'ing Herod for the Raging Berserker's Helm.

https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=186079/communal-legguards
    https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=9624/triprunner-dungarees

There are also a handful of items that are plain trash, such as:
    https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=186039/communal-boots
    https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=186032/communal-bindings
    https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=186036/communal-armor
    https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=186083/communal-spaulders

Another example of how trash the gear is, the Shaman gear has agility on it - despite the fact that agility does not give AP as Shaman in TBC, they're still stacking strength.
    This, unlike the "RaF Drama", is easily verifiable and you fucked that up already.

This gear is so trash that you can find even find items that are superior in some 20's dungeons, simply because they are better itemized, such as:
    https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=185984/...-of-durability
    https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=6321/si...es-family-seal
    Secondly, its not about the gear anyway, and the fact you bring that up shows how ignorant you are on this subject - they will walk through the portal and upgrade everything to TBC questing greens within a few hours, and THAT is the point - being there for the launch of TBC, and playing TBC, not gearing up in classic.
    Considering the person i've replied to talked about his experience in Classic right now, the entire argument of "they will replace it with TBC questing greens" is damn stupid.

So, please stop throwing the word "ignorance" around when you ignore the post i've replied to, because they literally talked about leveling / gearing up in Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    Because we're talking about trash content? Honestly I was looking for a Strat quest group, not Naxx. Its PURPOSE is to level up. Why would you invite me? Because it's enough and we can start the run, that's why. Why would you be waiting for the T3 char to go into Strat?
    First off, in Classic, you rarely got invited to max level dungeons such as Strat on a non 60 character anyway, simply because you're flatout weaker (you know, lower levels means a lot more dodge / misses / resists and weaker spell ranks / fewer talentpoints) and potentially pull a lot more stuff stuff and thus cause wipes, which make you lose a lot of time in Classic.

Second, when i can invite a person that is flatout stronger than you at, why should i invite you?
    Again, more than enough people looking for groups right now, i as the partyleader naturally pick the best ones, the boosted characters are frankly the weakest characters and the easiest ones to weed out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    This is literally retail M+ behavior creeping into a game that was supposed to be different.
    Fair argument on its own, but i don't think people who purchased a service that was not part of the original game get to pull that argument.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-05-31 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    Well dont get mad when my pixels /spit on you and remove you from group when i see you mount up on a warp stalker. Its just a game bro common. Being a cyber asshole is just how i have fun.
    For someone who says "Its just a game bro" you seem to care a lot about how others choose to play it. Maybe you should ask those boosters and warp stalker owners to start paying rent since they're living in your head for free. Especially since you won't even notice them once BC comes out and you all have green quest gear on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Do virtual pixels that dont affect you at all hurt you so much?
    only as much as they apparently affect the psyches of some posters who actually take offense at things like emotes and being kicked from groups by players who don't want to group with them anyways

You know, collectors edition collectables, something that exist since literally vanilla, but for some reason NOW are bad.
    pretty sure it's more the implication of the boost and a NEW item that didn't previously exist in the game that are the issue.

Whole Lotta Spittin' Goin' On

- - - Updated - - -

Whole Lotta Spittin' Goin' On
    Last edited by Kaos Sverige; 2021-05-31 at 07:57 AM.

Maybe you should ask those boosters and warp stalker owners to start paying rent since they're living in your head for free.
    You realize this is a thread started because someone got so upsetti at someone being upsetti at them in the same video game they felt the need to post about it on the internet and engage in some lightweight activism campaign to change the behavior instead of just ignoring it?

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    You realize this is a thread started because someone got so upsetti at someone being upsetti at them in the same video game they felt the need to post about it on the internet and engage in some lightweight activism campaign to change the behavior instead of just ignoring it?
    I mean, the guy seemed to just be minding his own business when people started to actually bother to click and /spit on him. Or for the especially deranged, install a weakaura to auto /spit people. Seems like people who hate the boosts and mount are more obsessed with it than the actual people who bought them.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Just /laugh back honestly. The pettiness of complaining what other people buy is always funny to me at least. The real irony is those who are mad at the deluxe buyers are still giving ActiBlizz money every month themselves.

You really want to stick it to Blizzard? Play on a private server.
    What if me spitting on you have nothing to do with blizzard?

Companies are forces of nature that will behave in very predictable names, but the mission is to insult players and make them offended, not blizzard.

i.e you buying the deluxe edition makes you a completely valid target for pvp, and you can't preemptively blueshield from this pvp

I'd prefer to have deluxe being a bannable offense in itself, actually.

Nope, having your feelings hurt should never be a 'bannable' offense. Grow some thicker skin.

I mean, the guy seemed to just be minding his own business when people started to actually bother to click and /spit on him. Or for the especially deranged, install a weakaura to auto /spit people. Seems like people who hate the boosts and mount are more obsessed with it than the actual people who bought them.
    Is there weakaura for doing it?
    Thanks for info! I actually have to find it now!

First off, in Classic, you rarely got invited to max level dungeons such as Strat on a non 60 character anyway, simply because you're flatout weaker (you know, lower levels means a lot more dodge / misses / resists and weaker spell ranks / fewer talentpoints) and potentially pull a lot more stuff stuff and thus cause wipes, which make you lose a lot of time in Classic.

Second, when i can invite a person that is flatout stronger than you at, why should i invite you?
    Again, more than enough people looking for groups right now, i as the partyleader naturally pick the best ones, the boosted characters are frankly the weakest characters and the easiest ones to weed out.
    I get what you're saying and where you're coming from, but:

A) The dungeon is in my book in fact not a max level dungeon. From 58 already would work, and 59 in fact works perfectly fine.
    B) Strat is absolutely low skill and level 60 T3 chars can be just as much of a wipe cause as anyone else, especially when they're overzealous gogogogo type of players.
    C) Waiting for the "one stronger guy" is a shotgun argument. You could say that for literally anything. Level 12 questing? Why would I form a group with you? There is a level 13 out there who is stronger than you.

There are certain requirements for every kind of content. As long as the minimum is met, waiting longer for the "stronger" places an entirely unnecessary entry barrier for everyone. It's toxic and exclusionist behavior. A level 60 who needs to go to these dungeons for gear won't help clear it faster than what my 59 character would in any meaningful way.

Fair argument on its own, but i don't think people who purchased a service that was not part of the original game get to pull that argument.
    Why not? How is it related? One is player behavior towards other people, the other is saving yourself 100+ hours of leveling. I am not being an asshole to anyone by paying Blizzard for a lv 58 char.

People don’t like that you’re supporting Blizzards predatory practices and one way they are fighting it is shaming you to stop.

If you buy over priced crap that helps Acti justify their predatory practices then be prepared to get shamed for it.

That’s life.

Getting Blizzard to protect you from it isn’t going to solve the core issue.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-05-31 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    People don’t like that you’re supporting Blizzards predatory practices and one way they are fighting it is shaming you to stop.

If you buy over priced crap that helps justify their predatory practices to them then be prepared to get mocked for it.

That’s life.

Asking Blizzard to protect you from it isn’t going to make it go away.
    The real predatory practice is the 15€ clone. Doesn't apply to me, but I know it's there. The boost isn't predatory. It's entirely your own choice if you want to do it or not, just like literally every other shop service on retail.